PDA

View Full Version : More Impressive Win? MU or KU?

KChiefs1
11-03-2007, 08:36 PM
MU - 55
CU - 10

or

KU - 76
NU - 39

Score Comparison:
MU beat NU 41-6 in Columbia
KU beat CU 19-14 in Boulder

Combined Score Comparison:
MU - 96
NU/CU - 16

KU - 95
NU/CU - 53

Saulbadguy
11-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Draw.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Draw.I agree, but hey... I'm a Mizzou fan.

You know my vote.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I agree, but hey... I'm a Mizzou fan.

You know my vote.
CU is better than NU.
MU was on the road, KU was at home.

However, 76 points is very impressive regardless of who you play.

KC_Connection
11-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm a KU fan, and I'd say MU's was definitely better. I suppose that's why he made the poll because he knew what the answer was.

Honestly, after their performance agaisnt Iowa State I wasn't expecting MU to do THAT agaisnt CU.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm a KU fan, and I'd say MU's was definitely better. I suppose that's why he made the poll because he knew what the answer was.

Honestly, after their performance agaisnt Iowa State I wasn't expecting MU to do THAT agaisnt CU.FWIW, I don't think many Mizzou fans expected that either.

I told my buddy after the first quarter, "We're shaky, but we'll still win this one."

I never, ever expected 55-10.

Thanks for the props... and good luck till we play.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 08:48 PM
This Mizzou team has turned the corner.

Burying demons left and right.

Simply Red
11-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm one of the few on here that most frown on. I actually like both schools. I think I favor MU, but; after being trapped down here in ACC and SEC land it is refreshing to see both schools finding relative success.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-03-2007, 08:50 PM
In a one game snapshot, probably MU.

Historically speaking, KU by far. To score the most points ever against Neb. is astounding. KU could have scored 90+ if they wanted.

Both were good wins, 2 high speed trains running head on towards KC on Nov. 24th. It will be the game of the year if they both hold serve until then.

Who ever wins the game on the 24th I think beats OU.

alanm
11-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Missouri's win was more impressive. Colorado is much better than Nebraska.

KChiefs1
11-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Historically speaking, KU by far. To score the most points ever against Neb. is astounding. KU could have scored 90+ if they wanted.

I'm very happy KU did that to NU(sorry Mr Hall) but they've had this coming for years.:)

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 08:56 PM
That "feeling" you had earlier this week, was it just gas?

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm very happy KU did that to NU(sorry Mr Hall) but they've had this coming for years.:)NU blanket party... and the whole Big XII North is coming.

:)

greg63
11-03-2007, 09:03 PM
MU/CU

ROYC75
11-03-2007, 09:06 PM

As a Jayhawk fan, I agree. But FTR, CU just didn't play with the same intensity tonight as they have in the past.

But a very good win by MU.

I, for one am expecting a shootout in Arrowhead. MU is damn hard to stop on offense, Daniels is impressive and doesn't make too many bad throws.

KU will have to control the clock to beat MU , limit their chance on the quick strike.

Been a very long time we had a Border War Showdown with this much on the line.......

ROYC75
11-03-2007, 09:08 PM
BTW, Damn Tiggers kept me from having a perfect day in sports.....

My grandkids teams won, the grandson's won county championship.
KU won
KSU lost
My old H S football team advanced in the state playoffs......

Tiggers won ....... 4321

Buehler445
11-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree that MU is the better win. I didn't watch it but KU barely pulled it out up there.

BWillie
11-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Missouri's win was better than KU's. Colorado is a better team, and Missouri did it on the road. Best game from Missouri all year today. They are looking amazing.

alanm
11-03-2007, 09:16 PM
That "feeling" you had earlier this week, was it just gas?
Nah.. It was more like a wish in one hand and shit in the other. :)

beer bacon
11-03-2007, 09:19 PM
As a Jayhawk fan, I agree. But FTR, CU just didn't play with the same intensity tonight as they have in the past.

I, for one am expecting a shootout in Arrowhead. MU is damn hard to stop on offense, Daniels is impressive and doesn't make too many bad throws.

KU will have to control the clock to beat MU , limit their chance on the quick strike.

Been a very long time we had a Border War Showdown with this much on the line.......

CU played with some fire in the first quarter, but they were deflated by halftime.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Missouri's win was better than KU's. Colorado is a better team, and Missouri did it on the road. Best game from Missouri all year today. They are looking amazing.Wow, never thought I'd hear that from you, of all people.

Congrats on your huge win.... KU and MU are both BCS Bowl teams...

Here's to the Title bout.. :toast:

alanm
11-03-2007, 09:22 PM

Kansas' pass defense better get better in a hurry or Missouri is going to shred you guys. If Joe Ganz, who BTW really is a pretty decent QB but hasn't played much at all is able to throw for over 400 yrds you have some cracks showing in your secondary.

ROYC75
11-03-2007, 09:23 PM
CU played with some fire in the first quarter, but they were deflated by halftime.

I saw that, 1st qtr was a good game, it went to hell in handbasket real quick.

I don't think there were too many teams capable of playing with MU from the 2nd qtr on......... MU was clicking. Now keep in mind, CU wasn't in the game, but MU had their way with anything they wanted to do.

This MU offense is good, their best performance to date of the games I have watched.

It's all falling into place for a Arrowhead Showdown .

ROYC75
11-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Kansas' pass defense better get better in a hurry or Missouri is going to shred you guys. If Joe Ganz, who BTW really is a pretty decent QB but hasn't played much at all is able to throw for over 400 yrds you have some cracks showing in your secondary.

I agree, KU will hang with them on rushing D, but the pass D better be in top form and apply pressure and containment on Dainels or it will be a very long day........ A Track Meet for both teams.

I do think that KU will move the ball on MU as well, I'm just concerned about MU's offense.

HolyHandgernade
11-03-2007, 09:48 PM
I try to avoid the whole this team beat that team by such and such who beat that team and so on and so forth. It just doesn't mean that much, both teams are playing at a high level right now. Its hard to judge the temperature of the opposition from one week to the next, so comparing is a fruitless endeavor.

Its all about matching up with an opponent. Sometimes games just turn into track meets, and there's no figuring to it. I imagine KU will shore it up against OSU, not score over 50, but win the game. Mizzou could geet overconfident and not be focused at KSU after they lost to ISU. Its college.

But, I think both teams are focused, they want each other to be ranked high, they want the game against one another to mean more than just the regional curiosity it has been. I expect both teams to win their final games leading up to Arrowhead, I expect that will be a great game, and I am just enjoying this college football season for a change.

Great win today Tigers, you looked dominating.

Great win Jayhawks, good to see the offense get cranked back up.

The Border War Lives Here!

Rock Chalk!

-HH

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I try to avoid the whole this team beat that team by such and such who beat that team and so on and so forth. It just doesn't mean that much, both teams are playing at a high level right now. Its hard to judge the temperature of the opposition from one week to the next, so comparing is a fruitless endeavor.

Its all about matching up with an opponent. Sometimes games just turn into track meets, and there's no figuring to it. I imagine KU will shore it up against OSU, not score over 50, but win the game. Mizzou could geet overconfident and not be focused at KSU after they lost to ISU. Its college.

But, I think both teams are focused, they want each other to be ranked high, they want the game against one another to mean more than just the regional curiosity it has been. I expect both teams to win their final games leading up to Arrowhead, I expect that will be a great game, and I am just enjoying this college football season for a change.

Great win today Tigers, you looked dominating.

Great win Jayhawks, good to see the offense get cranked back up.

The Border War Lives Here!

Rock Chalk!

-HHNot a chance...

And I agree that they're feeding off each other.

Motivation... Whatever works for ya... you know?

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I think the rivalry is helping both teams at this point.

HolyHandgernade
11-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Not a chance...

And I agree that they're feeding off each other.

Motivation... Whatever works for ya... you know?

I know I'm supposed to root for you guys to lose, but truth be told, I want that 11-0 vs 10-1 matchup for all the marbles. Logically, I should want the question put away before hand, but I just get giddy thinking about the hype and magnitude of such a game.

-HH

KCinNY
11-03-2007, 09:57 PM
NU blanket party... and the whole Big XII North is coming.

:)Yeah, pretty much all the old Big 8 schools are fighting to the get to the front of the line in order to kick Nebraska while they're down. It's freakin' beautiful.

As a Mizzou guy, I was hoping the Huskers could pull a big upset today. But it's nice to see KU hang 76 on the "blackshirts" and provide Husker Nation with just a little more humbe pie. Nebraska's statewide suicide watch continues.....

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-03-2007, 09:57 PM

KU's pass defense will be fine, they got caught by NU in the first half for sure. KU expected NU to pound the ball, new QB, coach on the way out, overmatched and on the road all signs pointed to the cornholers trying to run. Credit NU for the gameplan, caught KU way off gaurd.

That being said credit KU for making the adjustments at half and putting a stop to it. Holding NU to 2 scores in the second half shows the changes worked. NU's last TD was against the 2nd team D.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 10:00 PM
I know I'm supposed to root for you guys to lose, but truth be told, I want that 11-0 vs 10-1 matchup for all the marbles. Logically, I should want the question put away before hand, but I just get giddy thinking about the hype and magnitude of such a game.

-HHYeah... I've accepted that KU is that good.

I'd be surprised if we don't both win out.

It's gonna be somethin' to see.... and I'll be there, for my first Mizzou game ever.

I can't friggin' wait!

plbrdude
11-03-2007, 10:08 PM
have the corn poppers completely given up?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-03-2007, 10:12 PM
I can't wait until we play MU. It's going to be an amazing game.

Last night Lawrence was jumping. All over Mass and everywhere people were having a good time in anticipation of the game today. Nebraska fans are fun, but misguided.

beer bacon
11-03-2007, 10:14 PM
I am going to KU-MU game with 20 relatives on my Mom's side. We all go to a Mizzou game together once a year, but since everybody is going to be in KC for Thanksgiving anyways, we are going to Arrowhead as well. It is going to be great.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-03-2007, 10:16 PM
KcMizzou is right.

Both teams are awesome. What has happened this year is a blessing and enjoy it. For KU, to be still talking about football this late in the year is awesome. Especially Big 12 north title asperations, and BCS hopeful. Same with Mizzou.

I hope we can get by OKstate next week. That game kinda scares me.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 10:18 PM
KcMizzou is right.I can never hear that enough. :D

Good luck... and here's to a good game. :toast:

KChiefs1
11-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I am going to KU-MU game with 20 relatives on my Mom's side. We all go to a Mizzou game together once a year anyways, but since everybody is going to be in KC for Thanksgiving anyways, we are going to Arrowhead as well. It is going to be great.

I expect there will be a lot of families who decided to get together like this at Arrowhead.

It's going to be one wild scene played out in the Arrowhead parking lots & inside Arrowhead that day.

Hammock Parties
11-03-2007, 10:30 PM
This Mizzou team has turned the corner.

Burying demons left and right.

i was talking to a buddy at work today about pinkel and mizzou and stuff, and something came to mind. I think this is the year pinkel becomes a great coach. It seems like he's shed his dumbassery, and he's turned the corner. It really does pain me to say, but... He's done one hell of a job this year to not make the little mistakes hes made in the past.... damnit me...

Hammock Parties
11-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I expect there will be a lot of families who decided to get together like this at Arrowhead.

It's going to be one wild scene played out in the Arrowhead parking lots & inside Arrowhead that day.

i just really hope that both sides keep everything clean, fans and all. Im prety sure everybody will be fine, but with so much on the line i can see our rivalry getting back to the killing of eachother stages, like pre civil-war times...

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 10:33 PM
i was talking to a buddy at work today about pinkel and mizzou and stuff, and something came to mind. I think this is the year pinkel becomes a great coach. It seems like he's shed his dumbassery, and he's turned the corner. It really does pain me to say, but... He's done one hell of a job this year to not make the little mistakes hes made in the past.... damnit me...He's lightened up a bit... and it's worked wonders.

He's learned that letting his players have a little fun (and listening to their opinions) isn't a bad thing.

I'm quickly becoming a Pinkel fan.

irishjayhawk
11-03-2007, 10:34 PM

That was the first game in which our secondary played poorly. I'll give them a pass.

beer bacon
He's lightened up a bit... and it's worked wonders.

He's learned that letting his players have a little fun (and listening to their opinions) isn't a bad thing.

I'm quickly becoming a Pinkel fan.

Our team is also managing to not shut down our team in the second half. We have actually played better in the second half in quite a few games.

TrebMaxx
As a MU homer at first I was hoping for a NU win over KU. But as the game went on I found myself cheering each KU score. Hell, I wanted them to put 90+ on the corn holes. I found myself realizing that this is great, KU and MU both being considered a top team in the big 12. I really hope that both teams take care of business until they meet. The game at Arrowhead is going to be great and will have national title implications if it is a 11-0 vs. 10-1 match up.

And for the thread topic - I think the MU win at Colorado was more impressive. NU shut down weeks ago. But I am not taking anything away from KU. Great job Jayhawks. :clap:

KcMizzou
i just really hope that both sides keep everything clean, fans and all. Im prety sure everybody will be fine, but with so much on the line i can see our rivalry getting back to the killing of eachother stages, like pre civil-war times...Pfft.. nah...

We're not Raider fans.

irishjayhawk
11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Pfft.. nah...

We're not Raider fans.

Your win today was more impressive. Though 76 points is impressive in it's own right.

I'm glad our D played poorly today rather than say, perhaps, in three weeks against you.

teedubya
11-03-2007, 11:32 PM
BTW, Damn Tiggers kept me from having a perfect day in sports.....

My grandkids teams won, the grandson's won county championship.
KU won
KSU lost
My old H S football team advanced in the state playoffs......

Tiggers won ....... 4321

Yeah, MU dominated on both sides of the ball. It made a top 5 sports day drop to a top 10.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah, MU dominated on both sides of the ball. It made a top 5 sports day drop to a top 10.That's saying something, for an obnoxious asshole like you.

:D

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Your avy still kicks ass, though.

Frazod
11-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, MU dominated on both sides of the ball. It made a top 5 sports day drop to a top 10.

Glad we could f#ck that up for you. :D

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 12:06 AM
MU slid by CU 55-10, but KU blew them out 19-14. Jayhawkers can hang their hats on that.

Frazod
11-04-2007, 12:08 AM
MU slid by CU 55-10, but KU blew them out 19-14. Jayhawkers can hang their hats on that.

GaYhoax R teh bOm!!!!!!!!!!!1 lol

|Zach|
11-04-2007, 12:21 AM
CU is better than NU.
MU was on the road, KU was at home.

However, 76 points is very impressive regardless of who you play.
This is all true.

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Glad we could f#ck that up for you. :DThat's what we do.

Eleazar
11-04-2007, 06:49 AM
How late in the game did the beakers have their starters in against Nebraska I wonder?

HC_Chief
11-04-2007, 09:15 AM
How late in the game did the beakers have their starters in against Nebraska I wonder?

Through the third quarter. Second string, third string, and walk-ons (and any fans that wished to suit up) played the 4thQ.

Demonpenz
11-04-2007, 09:29 AM
The hook and ladder should have gone for a TD Yesterday. I think both wins were great but something about scoring wacking off 76 loads on nebraska gets me randy

KChiefs1
11-04-2007, 09:47 AM
got this off another site:

I'm gonna post this every day - we can finally compare KU and MU meaningfully, because they have finally played common opponents. Check out MU's stats and KU's stats against CU and NU.

MU pretty much is equal rush/against rush, while MU is much more productive passing/ against the pass. And NU and CU were playing better then when KU played them, particularly NU who quit against KU:

Points for: MU (96), KU (95)
Pts agst: MU (16), KU (53)
Tot Off: MU (1204), KU (905)
Opp Tot Off: MU (493), KU (837)
Pass Off: MU (840), KU (507)
Rush Off: MU (367), KU (398)
Pass D: MU (335), KU (692)
Run D: MU (173), KU (145)
1st Downs: MU (57), KU (51)
Opp 1st Dns: MU (27), KU (41)
Passing: MU 61-94-1 [64%], KU 50-70-0 [71%]
Opp Passing: MU 39-71-2 [54%], KU 52-95-6 [54%]
Turnovers: MU (1), KU (2)
Opp TOs: MU (4), KU (8)
3rd Downs: MU 20/32 [62%], KU 19/31 [61%]
Opp 3rd Dn: MU 9/33 [27%], KU 13/32 [40%]
Avg per rush: MU 76/367 [4.83], KU 82/398 [4.85]
Avg per compl: MU 61/840 [13.8], KU 50/507 [10.1]
Avg per att: MU 94/840 [8.9], KU 70/507 [7.2]
Opp avg per rush: MU 55/173 [3.1], KU 56/145 [2.6]
Opp avg per compl: MU 39/335 [8.6], KU 52/692 [13.3]
Opp avg per att: MU 71/335 [4.7], KU 95/692 [7.3]

The convential wisdom is KU's defense is better. I think the conventional wisdom is bullshit.

kcfanXIII
11-04-2007, 11:18 AM
76 points is 76 points. 10 td's in a row. KU's win was more impressive. although i still think the tigers are a better team, and will prove it on the 24th at arrowhead.

KChiefs1
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2007-2008/confonly.html

CONFERENCE GAMES ONLY:

SCORING OFFENSE G TD XP 2XP DXP FG Saf Pts Avg
--------------------------------------------------------------
1. Missouri............ 5 26 25 1 0 9 0 210 42.0
2. Kansas.................... 5 26 22 0 0 8 0 202 40.4
3. Oklahoma State........ 5 25 25 0 0 6 0 193 38.6
4. Kansas State............ 6 26 25 1 0 13 0 222 37.0
5. Texas Tech.............. 6 26 25 0 0 5 0 196 32.7
6. Texas...................... 6 26 24 0 0 5 0 195 32.5
7. Oklahoma................. 5 21 17 0 0 3 0 152 30.4
8. Colorado.................. 6 16 16 0 0 11 0 145 24.2
9. Nebraska.................. 6 17 15 2 0 4 0 133 22.2
10.Texas A&M............... 6 16 13 1 0 5 0 126 21.0
11.Iowa State.............. 6 13 13 0 0 4 0 103 17.2
12.Baylor..................... 6 9 7 0 0 4 0 73 12.2

SCORING DEFENSE G TD XP 2XP DXP FG Saf Pts Avg
--------------------------------------------------------------
1. Missouri............ 5 12 8 0 0 5 0 95 19.0
2. Kansas.................... 5 12 10 2 0 4 0 98 19.6
3. Oklahoma................. 5 13 13 0 0 3 0 100 20.0
4. Texas...................... 6 18 17 1 0 5 0 142 23.7
5. Texas A&M............... 6 18 17 0 0 6 0 143 23.8
6. Texas Tech.............. 6 20 20 0 0 4 0 152 25.3
7. Kansas State............ 6 20 18 0 0 6 0 156 26.0
8. Oklahoma State......... 5 21 20 1 0 4 0 160 32.0
9. Colorado................... 6 23 20 0 0 12 0 194 32.3
10.Iowa State............... 6 28 27 1 0 5 0 212 35.3
11.Nebraska.................. 6 32 27 0 0 8 0 243 40.5
12.Baylor...................... 6 30 30 0 0 15 0 255 42.5

KChiefs1
11-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Jack Harry is comparing Pinkel vs Mangino, but won't talk about Daniel vs Reesing.

KChiefs1
11-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Jack Harry picks Mangino "HANDS DOWN".....

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Jack Harry picks Mangino "HANDS DOWN".....If I ever want someone to clean my toilet...

Jack Harry is the first guy I'll call.

Eleazar
11-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Going on the road to a place that's not particularly hospitable, where you historically do not play well, against a .500 football team, beating them by 45, versus demolishing a team that's at the lowest point in their program's history, lost their QB, and went on the road and turned the ball over 5 times. I mean, maybe it's me, but one of those is more impressive than the other.

Pablo
11-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Mizzou fans are really gonna be pissed when they get beat at Arrowhead..then KU sweeps them in basketball too. I almost feel bad for 'em..then again they had a choice..and when you choose the Tiggers, you almost always lose.

Doesn't really matter anyhow..I don't think KU or MU can beat Oklahoma. Mizzou proved they couldn't once.

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Mizzou fans are really gonna be pissed when they get beat at Arrowhead..then KU sweeps them in basketball too. I almost feel bad for 'em..then again they had a choice..and when you choose the Tiggers, you almost always lose.

Doesn't really matter anyhow..I don't think KU or MU can beat Oklahoma. Mizzou proved they couldn't once.Mizzou proved they can play with OU, toe to toe.

That's more than your Hawks have done.

Go on bein' cocky about November 24th...

We'll have somethin' for ya.

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Mizzou proved they can play with OU, toe to toe.

We'll have somethin' for ya.

Whatever MUron. KU beat CU 19-14. You don't get a win like that unless you are elite.

Pablo
11-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Mizzou proved they can play with OU, toe to toe.

We'll have somethin' for ya.Sure..and they proved they can lose to OU. Which they did.

Even if the Jayhawks lose Nov. 24th, I'll take a special pleasure in watching OU beat Mizzou again. Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 100 points, Mizzou will lose to OU. But to be fair, KU would too. This game is for 2nd place.

KU really has nothing to prove..nobody expected this. They lose, no big deal, we've never been known for football. Mizzou hasn't been known for much of anything lately, but all of the sudden they have a good team, Mizzou's got a lot farther to fall than KU.

eazyb81
11-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Sure..and they proved they can lose to OU. Which they did.

Even if the Jayhawks lose Nov. 24th, I'll take a special pleasure in watching OU beat Mizzou again. Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 100 points, Mizzou will lose to OU. But to be fair, KU would too. This game is for 2nd place.

KU really has nothing to prove..nobody expected this. They lose, no big deal, we've never been known for football. Mizzou hasn't been known for much of anything lately, but all of the sudden they have a good team, Mizzou's got a lot farther to fall than KU.

It's hilarious watching all the chickenhawks formulate excuses three weeks out about why a loss to Mizzou won't bother them much. LOL, what a pathetic fanbase.

At least try and pretend that you have a pair.

Pablo
11-04-2007, 11:59 PM
It's hilarious watching all the chickenhawks formulate excuses three weeks out about why a loss to Mizzou won't bother them much. LOL, what a pathetic fanbase.

At least try and pretend that you have a pair.KU is all about basketball, I honestly won't be that pissed off if Mizzou wins this game, as long as we sweep them in basketball..If MU won this football game and swept KU, it would probably be the worst year ever.

Mizzou fans are just bitter because you're finally having a year worth noticing..not just being mediocre turds, and KU is stealing the limelight.

And it's not about SOS either, I think KU's is 80 and MU's is 84. KU is just a surprising team this year, and MU's in for a rude awakening if they think this game is theirs for the taking and all they have to do is show up and win.

Mizzou fans are gonna piss and moan and make excuses if KU wins, I'll just accept the fact MU has a better team if they do.

You're still gonna lose to OU.

eazyb81
11-05-2007, 12:19 AM
KU is all about basketball, I honestly won't be that pissed off if Mizzou wins this game, as long as we sweep them in basketball..If MU won this football game and swept KU, it would probably be the worst year ever.

It's both hilarious and sad that's all you have left to hope for.

ROFL

beer bacon
11-05-2007, 12:36 AM
KU is all about basketball, I honestly won't be that pissed off if Mizzou wins this game, as long as we sweep them in basketball..If MU won this football game and swept KU, it would probably be the worst year ever.

Mizzou fans are just bitter because you're finally having a year worth noticing..not just being mediocre turds, and KU is stealing the limelight.

And it's not about SOS either, I think KU's is 80 and MU's is 84. KU is just a surprising team this year, and MU's in for a rude awakening if they think this game is theirs for the taking and all they have to do is show up and win.

Mizzou fans are gonna piss and moan and make excuses if KU wins, I'll just accept the fact MU has a better team if they do.

Mizzou's cumulative SOS is 28 and KU's is 72. MU's SOS sorted by past opposition is 48 to KU's 84.

KU can steal all the limelight they want. It just puts less pressure on MU. The higher KU is ranked when we beat them at Arrowhead, the more it will help our BCS ranking. Go KU!

Pablo
11-05-2007, 12:38 AM
It's both hilarious and sad that's all you have left to hope for.

ROFLI'm pretty indifferent really. It's nice that you think you're getting a rise out of me, but this really is a game for 2nd place. OU is clearly the cream of the crop in the Big 12.

I don't know what you're so excited for, you probably won't even get to see the game broadcasted down there in TN. Have fun watching some SEC ball though.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Mizzou's cumulative SOS is 28 and KU's is 72. MU's SOS sorted by past opposition is 48 to KU's 84.

KU can steal all the limelight they want. It just puts less pressure on MU. The higher KU is ranked when we beat them at Arrowhead, the more it will help our BCS ranking. Go KU!Because you actually believe MU has a legit chance at a national title?

kcchiefsus
11-05-2007, 12:51 AM

Doesn't really matter anyhow..I don't think KU or MU can beat Oklahoma. Mizzou proved they couldn't once.

What a rediculous post.

Mizzou probably should have won that game if not for some mistakes. But do you really blame a team for not winning in a place where the Sooners have only lost twice in the entire Bob Stoops era?

A neutral location is quite a different thing.

However, one thing I can say is this. I would be alot more afraid to face Oklahoma again than Kansas. Kansas doesn't scare me because I know they are frauds.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=kcchiefsus]What a rediculous post.

Mizzou probably should have won that game if not for some mistakes. But do you really blame a team for not winning in a place where the Sooners have only lost twice in the entire Bob Stoops era?

QUOTE]Sure I do. Mizzou was in the game, but mistakes are what seperate elite teams from good teams. MU is a good team..they have a very good QB, and a good offense. If MU doesn't make those mistakes they're No. 2 in the nation and in national title contention. But they did. Nuetral field or not, OU is the better football team.

Don't write off the KU game as a W already, it'll bite you in the ass. This ain't the same old song and dance, putting up 76 points is pretty serious business, even if it is against a weak, sorry program. I think it will be a close game, I don't think a blowout is in order. In fact I hope it's a high scoring mother-effer to make up for the lack of offense I watch every Sunday.

KChiefs1
11-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Because you actually believe MU has a legit chance at a national title?

The New York Times says we have a legit chance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/05/sports/ncaafootball/05colleges.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

MISSOURI (8-1, 4-1 BIG 12)

Why they will make the title game: Showcase games with Kansas and possibly Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game would allow the Tigers to prove their mettle. They have a good loss (Oklahoma) and a solid out-of-conference win (Illinois).

Why they will not: There are a lot of teams to leap, and not having a winning tradition hurts with perception.

Odds of making the title game: 17 to 1.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=kcchiefsus]What a rediculous post.

QUOTE]Sure I do. Mizzou was in the game, but mistakes are what seperate elite teams from good teams. MU is a good team..they have a very good QB, and a good offense. If MU doesn't make those mistakes they're No. 2 in the nation and in national title contention. But they did. Nuetral field or not, OU is the better football team.

Don't write off the KU game as a W already, it'll bite you in the ass. This ain't the same old song and dance, putting up 76 points is pretty serious business, even if it is against a weak, sorry program. I think it will be a close game, I don't think a blowout is in order. In fact I hope it's a high scoring mother-effer to make up for the lack of offense I watch every Sunday.
Mu is not Nebraska, not by a long shot.

Frazod
11-05-2007, 09:14 AM
The New York Times says we have a legit chance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/05/sports/ncaafootball/05colleges.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

MISSOURI (8-1, 4-1 BIG 12)

Why they will make the title game: Showcase games with Kansas and possibly Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game would allow the Tigers to prove their mettle. They have a good loss (Oklahoma) and a solid out-of-conference win (Illinois).

Why they will not: There are a lot of teams to leap, and not having a winning tradition hurts with perception.

Odds of making the title game: 17 to 1.
You forgot the other paragraph:

KANSAS (9-0, 5-0 BIG 12)
Why they will make the title game: The computers are always kind to undefeated teams. An easy schedule has allowed the Jayhawks (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/u/university_of_kansas/index.html?inline=nyt-org) to gain confidence.

Why they will not: Their poor out-of-conference schedule should count as a loss. Oklahoma State (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/o/oklahoma_state_university/index.html?inline=nyt-org) and Missouri still loom before the Big 12 championship.

Odds of making the title game: 50 to 1.

It's nice to see that not everybody is drinking the KUpcake koolaid.

Brock
11-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I just think it's funny that even when MU is doing great at football, the fact that KU is doing good too just ruins it for them. LOL

Frazod
11-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I just think it's funny that even when MU is doing great at football, the fact that KU is doing good too just ruins it for them. LOL

It'll make it that much sweeter when we pisspound you frauds and laugh as you run off and hide behind your tiny little basketballs.

Brock
11-05-2007, 09:22 AM
It'll make it that much sweeter when we pisspound you frauds and laugh as you run off and hide behind your tiny little basketballs.

Oh, I think MU will probably win. But if they don't, the meltdown on this board is going to be priceless.

KCinNY
11-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Well it seems that alot of KU fans around here already know that they will probably lose against Mizzou.

Since they're already bringing the hoops smack, they know deep down that they can't hang w/ Mizzou at football.

KChiefs1
11-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Well it seems that alot of KU fans around here already know that they will probably lose against Mizzou.

I've noticed a certain lack of confidence in some of these KU posters too.

Brock
11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I've noticed a certain lack of confidence in some of these KU posters too.

KU fan has nothing to lose, they never expected the Hawks to do this well. MU is the team that better win this game, because if they don't, after all the "KU is a fraud" stuff, some of their fans are going to be standing there with a very stupid look on their face. And they better not just win, it better be a 20+ point win.

Frazod
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh, I think MU will probably win. But if they don't, the meltdown on this board is going to be priceless.

If KU had played ONE, JUST ONE, truly good team and beat them, I'd shut up about it. I honestly don't know how any of you expects KU to be respected by any Big XII fans who are familiar with their schedule.

Win at Arrowhead, and you'll finally earn that respect.

eazyb81
11-05-2007, 09:54 AM

Since they're already bringing the hoops smack, they know deep down that they can't hang w/ Mizzou at football.

Hilarious, huh?

At least they know their place.

ROYC75
11-05-2007, 09:58 AM
If KU had played ONE, JUST ONE, truly good team and beat them, I'd shut up about it. I honestly don't know how any of you expects KU to be respected by any Big XII fans who are familiar with their schedule.

aTm in College Station isn't ? It's never easy to win there.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2007, 10:00 AM
KU fan has nothing to lose, they never expected the Hawks to do this well. MU is the team that better win this game, because if they don't, after all the "KU is a fraud" stuff, some of their fans are going to be standing there with a very stupid look on their face. And they better not just win, it better be a 20+ point win.I won't be happy if they lose, but I won't melt down either. If that game still has meaning (if MU doesn't lose prior to the game), then MU will still get a great bowl. A loss to KU would suck, but it's not the be all and end all.

I'm not sure I understand the 20+ criteria either. I would welcome a 1 point win.

Brock
11-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Hilarious, huh?

At least they know their place.

Yeah, hilarious. You guys act like you're Nebraska back when that meant something. LOL Like I said, even if your team is as good as you say it is, it's burning your ass that KU is ranked higher.

Brock
11-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure I understand the 20+ criteria either. I would welcome a 1 point win.

MU shouldn't beat a "fraud" team by 20?

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
MU shouldn't beat a "fraud" team by 20?I don't recall referring to them as a fraud. MU is playing well and recruiting is progressing even better. There are articles from all over the country discussing Daniel for Heisman consideration. Part of the recipe for success includes a win over KU. I think that has been a goal from the beginning. Honestly, a win is a win.

duncan_idaho
11-05-2007, 10:47 AM
KU fan has nothing to lose, they never expected the Hawks to do this well. MU is the team that better win this game, because if they don't, after all the "KU is a fraud" stuff, some of their fans are going to be standing there with a very stupid look on their face. And they better not just win, it better be a 20+ point win.

I think you're right about kU not having anything to lose.

If kU beats Mizzou, that will mean I, and many others, were wrong about kansas. And I'll be on here to admit that (and I guess my sig will reflect that). I still don't think the Jayhawks have played a balanced, talented offense. They will face at least two the rest of the way, possibly three (if they win out to the CCG). kansas has plenty of chances to prove me wrong.

Yes, the 76 points are impressive (four Nebraska turnovers inside the 40 help). But giving up 39 to Nebraska - including 24 in the first half before the game was over - has to worry those that have been saying kU will beat Mizzou because 'kansas can play defense.'

Oklahoma State and kansas State should both be tough tests for these teams before the showdown in Arrowhead. OSU threw for over 400 yards against Texas last week, and it's not a stretch to say the Cowboys are much, much better offensively than Nebraska. That's a very dangerous game for kU. kansas State is a schizo team, but they will be fired up for that game, and Freeman and Nelson can be dangerous.

And, finally, we have some same games we can compare

kansas at home vs. Nebraska: 76-39 (37 point win)
Missouri at home vs. Nebraska: 41-6 (35 point win)

kansas at Colorado: 19-14 (five point win)
Missouri at Colorado: 55-10 (45 point win)

I think the game in Arrowhead is going to be awesome. And I can't wait...

KChiefs1
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM

I hope KU wins out & I've never considered them a fraud.

They are a very good team...but top 5? I'm not sure they are that good but they are a legit top 20 team for sure. I think anyone who has seen both MU & KU live know that MU is the better team but I'm glad this game is the last game of the season & means something.

Can anyone think of any better place to be than Arrowhead Stadium on November 24th?

duncan_idaho
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Harpos, about one hour after the game on Nov. 24.

Can anyone think of any better place to be than Arrowhead Stadium on November 24th?

Eleazar
11-05-2007, 11:12 AM

I really couldn't care less. We'll see them in a couple of weeks.

Rausch
11-05-2007, 11:23 AM

A win is a win.

MU fans are in no position to demand blowing out a top 10 team. Nein.

This is the highest we've been ranked in 20+ years, I'm not going to get greedy...

Lzen
11-05-2007, 12:30 PM

I guess you're a liar since you you said that if KU wins at aTm you would shut up and we can all see that hasn't happened.

MahiMike
11-05-2007, 12:32 PM
When do these 2 teams face ea other?

Lzen
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
When do these 2 teams face ea other?

November 24.

Frazod
11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I guess you're a liar since you you said that if KU wins at aTm you would shut up and we can all see that hasn't happened.

I didn't realize at the time that they were even bigger frauds than you are. Currently ranked No. 45? Wow. :whackit:

KC_Connection
11-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I didn't realize at the time that they were even bigger frauds than you are. Currently ranked No. 45? Wow. :whackit:
And again I ask, who is this "truly good" team that Missouri has beaten?

Brock
11-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Nebraska, remember? :)

HC_Chief
11-05-2007, 01:26 PM
But giving up 39 to Nebraska - including 24 in the first half before the game was over - has to worry those that have been saying kU will beat Mizzou because 'kansas can play defense.'
I think the game in Arrowhead is going to be awesome. And I can't wait...

Yes, giving up those points to NU makes me VERY nervous. KU has shown they can shut down the run, however their pass D has been spotty (and downright awful against the bugeaters). Granted, Purify is a badass receiver (NFL calibre IMO), but 39points and 400yds passing? Yes, we had four INTs, but come on... that was a clinic.

Agreed re: game @ Arrowhead. That game could very easily set a NEW Big XII scoring record. Both offenses can score virtually at will and both defenses have shown weakness. Should be a great, entertaining game! :D

RCJGKU! :KU:

Frazod
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM

Well, we PLAYED one. Didn't win, but gave them a good game.

And we also beat Illinois at a neutral site. Greatest team evar? No. But better than anybody you've played.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 01:45 PM

And we also beat Illinois at a neutral site. Greatest team evar? No. But better than anybody you've played.So, you really have nothing to hang your hat on, besides the fact you believe KU are complete frauds.

You can't really justify Mizzou's greatness. You can just try to degrade KU. I'm sure the coaches who vote on the polls know a whole lot less about football in general than MU fans. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you guys are worth talking about for once in 20 years, and people would rather talk about KU.

Nov. 24th..if MU wins, that's fine, they're the better team. Until then, KU is nationally recognized as the better team. That's just how it is.

KC_Connection
11-05-2007, 01:51 PM

What an amazing accomplishment. I applaud your team.

LMAO

KC_Connection
11-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Nov. 24th..if MU wins, that's fine, they're the better team. Until then, KU is nationally recognized as the better team. That's just how it is.
How sweet it is.

Frazod
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
So, you really have nothing to hang your hat on, besides the fact you believe KU are complete frauds.

You can't really justify Mizzou's greatness. You can just try to degrade KU. I'm sure the coaches who vote on the polls know a whole lot less about football in general than MU fans. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you guys are worth talking about for once in 20 years, and people would rather talk about KU.

I certainly have more to hang my hat on than you do.

I don't know if we're truly great. I just know we're better than you. Whether we're barely, moderately or substantially better will be determined November 24.

And the only reason we aren't ranked higher than you is because people who consider Missouri and Kansas flyover states only look at the records when they vote. This will be a moot point on November 25.

KC_Connection
11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I certainly have more to hang my hat on than you do.

Riiight...with your whole two wins over teams with an above .500 record.

Frazod
11-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Riiight...with your whole two wins over teams with an above .500 record.

And you have NOTHING. You must be soooooooo proud. ROFL

kcchiefsus
11-05-2007, 01:59 PM
So, you really have nothing to hang your hat on, besides the fact you believe KU are complete frauds.

And KU has nothing to hang their hat on either.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
And KU has nothing to hang their hat on either.
Exactly.

Let the talking be done on the field Nov. 24th. Don't crown your Tiggers yet, they haven't won the game.

KC_Connection
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
And you have NOTHING. You must be soooooooo proud. ROFL
3 wins agaisnt teams over .500, so yes, basically nothing.

That was never my point, though. It was all to get you some perspective here. I never of course said KU was anything THAT special. I just said they were at the very least on even ground with your team.

ROYC75
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Crap, all of this crowing over who's better is nothing more than this stupid shit......

We have spirit, Yes we do,
We have spirit, How bout you..........

OK, your turn now..........

Spott
11-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Damn, all this bickering reminds my of when I was married.

http://www.chicagoist.com/images/2005_04_sports_bulls_logo.gif http://webcom.missouri.edu/ilibrary/logos/mizzou-m-head.gif

Bump
11-05-2007, 03:37 PM
KU is more impressive because they've been crappy for so long and somehow a guy who buffet owners fear comes in and turns the program around. I am most impressed with kU

Frazod
11-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Damn, all this bickering reminds my of when I was married.

Agreed. I think at this point we've all said everything that can be said. 19 days until the matter is settled.

kcchiefsus
11-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Exactly.

Let the talking be done on the field Nov. 24th. Don't crown your Tiggers yet, they haven't won the game.

Neither have the Gayhawks. Don't crown their overrated piece of crap team yet either.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Neither have the Gayhawks. Don't crown their overrated piece of crap team yet either.I haven't crowned them yet jackass, I'm the one with the open mind here, not you. I recognize talent is present on both teams..MU is a good team.

I could just sit here and keep repeating "Mizzou is gay!!They suck..the only team that they've played who was worth a sh*t, they lost to." But they are a good team, and give KU props, they've done something nobody in the world would have thought they could have.

Regardless of who they've beaten, they're 9-0. There is talent on all levels of college football. Appalachian State beat Michigan..college ball has reached a level of parity..any team can compete on any day. MU is good, KU is good. I understand Mizzou fans are pissed because they're worth a sh*t this year, and nobody wants to talk about them, KU has won 9 games..and lost 0. Regardless of who they've faced.

The Patriots have faced some trash teams, but they've won every game, that's why they're media sweethearts and the Colts aren't.

beer bacon
11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
KU is more impressive because they've been crappy for so long and somehow a guy who buffet owners fear comes in and turns the program around. I am most impressed with kU

Fatter coach = better then

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Fatter coach = better then
Yeah, just look at how well Philly has done with Andy Reid, esp. lately!

KChiefs1
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
this whole thread makes me question just how good MU & KU really is.....

Brock
11-05-2007, 06:09 PM
this whole thread makes me question just how good MU & KU really is.....

I think either team would be lunch meat for a team like LSU. But we have to go with what we have.

beer bacon
11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I think either team would be lunch meat for a team like LSU. But we have to go with what we have.

Yeah, because LSU has just been destroying everyone lately.

Brock
11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, because LSU has just been destroying everyone lately.

Oh, shut up. Practically every team they've played has been top 20, and they've only lost one. I'd love to see MU or KU pull that off.