PDA

View Full Version : Football Elway still a dick

Hammock Parties
11-03-2007, 11:50 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5738034,00.html

Penny Parker: Elway indignant after bar cuts him off
By Penny Parker, Rocky Mountain News
November 2, 2007
Broncos Hall-of-Famer John Elway lost his thrill at Cherry Creek Grill.

There are conflicting versions of the story, but according to Elway, he and his girlfriend, Paige Green, along with pal Craig Andrisen arrived at the restaurant around 6 p.m. Wednesday and sat at the end of the bar. Throughout the course of the evening the threesome ordered drinks (the number is under dispute) and appetizers

Several hours later, when Elway attempted to order another glass of wine, he was told by the bartender that management was cutting him off. According to the former Broncos quarterback, he asked to speak to the manager.

"I asked her for her card to find out what her name was," Elway told me. "I said to her ‘If that’s your policy (to refuse him another drink), then that’s the way it is but I’m not coming back.’ We had been there for hours, and I appreciated them taking care of me, but we were just sitting there having a discussion. We weren’t even being loud."

Anne Wheeler, the manager on duty, claims that Elway was served seven glasses of wine (a number he disputes) and was cut off when he tried to order an eighth. For the record, Andrisen says Elway was refused a fourth — not eighth — glass of wine and was told that he had to order food if he wanted an additional drink.

"(Elway) got upset and was in my face a little bit," Wheeler said. "He stood up and towered over me and pointed his finger in my face. I apologized, and said I was sorry to hear that he would never come back."

Both Elway and Andrisen deny the alleged intimidation. "I did not stick my finger in the girl’s face or try and intimidate her," Elway said. "It was a matter of discussing things. I said ‘If that’s your policy that’s your policy, but I’m not coming back.’"

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I, for one, am not surprised.

Hammock Parties
11-03-2007, 11:57 PM
I, for one, am not surprised.

DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I AM JOHN ****ING ELWAY! THE BRONCOS ENTIRE FRANCHISE IS WORTH A CRAP BECAUSE OF ME! ME!!! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE EXPRESSION "THIS ONE'S FOR JOHN?" WELL GUESS WHAT, ****STAIN? THIS BOTTLE OF ****ING MERLOT IS FOR JOHN! SO HAND THAT SHIT OVER!

tk13
11-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm guessing he'll demand to be traded to another bar.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't doubt this one bit. When I was 11 years old, I lived in the Denver area. I saw old horseface in a King Soopers one time. He gave me the dirtiest look I've ever gotten, just because I was wearing a Chiefs t-shirt. I was 11 for Christs sake, I was taken a back at the site of him, but he was a total cock sucker.

JohninGpt
11-03-2007, 11:59 PM
DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I AM JOHN ****ING ELWAY! THE BRONCOS ENTIRE FRANCHISE IS WORTH A CRAP BECAUSE OF ME! ME!!! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE EXPRESSION "THIS ONE'S FOR JOHN?" WELL GUESS WHAT, ****STAIN? THIS BOTTLE OF ****ING MERLOT IS FOR JOHN! SO HAND THAT SHIT OVER!
That sounds about right, but there should be some stamps, whinneys, and neighs in there somewhere.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 12:01 AM
That sounds about right, but there should be some stamps, whinneys, and neighs in there somewhere.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5742/dchorsewineholderpe8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't doubt this one bit. When I was 11 years old, I lived in the Denver area. I saw old horseface in a King Soopers one time. He gave me the dirtiest look I've ever gotten, just because I was wearing a Chiefs t-shirt. I was 11 for Christs sake, I was taken a back at the site of him, but he was a total cock sucker.I always suspected as much.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-04-2007, 12:05 AM
I should have buried a shank in his throat when I saw him playing blackjack at the Mirage two and a half years ago.

ChiefaRoo
11-04-2007, 12:50 AM
I should have buried a shank in his throat when I saw him playing blackjack at the Mirage two and a half years ago.

Horseface has a girlfriend? Did he get the big D?

POND_OF_RED
11-04-2007, 01:46 AM
Elways obviously a dick we have known this forever, but I didn't know he was also a huge pussy. I mean what heterosexual male goes to a bar and slams down 8 glasses of wine?

Mojo Rising
11-04-2007, 02:02 AM
8 glasses of wine and getting cut off sounds kind of weak to me. He needs to learn to hold his liqour.

My guess is that he acts like he owns the own town (rightfully so) and his server didn't like it.

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Elway has earned a reputation in Denver over the years for his tendancy to over-imbibe. He should have just gone home (in a taxi) and enjoyed another bottle and a solid hangover.

ChiefaRoo
11-04-2007, 02:36 AM
8 glasses of wine and getting cut off sounds kind of weak to me. He needs to learn to hold his liqour.

My guess is that he acts like he owns the own town (rightfully so) and his server didn't like it.

There is something here that doesn't make sense. Elway can have his buddy take him to a number of different places to party where he would be treated as a king and I'm betting that the place he was at was one of those places. 8 glasses of wine is roughly 2.5 bottles. He's a big guy who can handle it I would assume so why would they cut him off? Something is missing. I've been in business dinner parties with 8 or so people where at least 10 bottles were consumed and they were glad to sell it. I suspect he was being obnoxious or someone in his group was.

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2007, 02:46 AM
...Something is missing...

Yeah. Something is missing. Something like the snootful he walked in with already.

ChiefaRoo
11-04-2007, 03:10 AM
Yeah. Something is missing. Something like the snootful he walked in with already.

What do you mean exactly? Do you think he was already buzzing? Even so why would they cut the guy off unless he was so wasted he started acting the fool? I don't get it.

Stewie
11-04-2007, 06:48 AM
8 glasses of wine is roughly 2.5 bottles. He's a big guy who can handle it I would assume so why would they cut him off?

The restaurants I go to milk the bottles for all they're worth. Between the small glass and only filling them 1/2 full I'd say they get 8 glasses out of one bottle.

HonestChieffan
11-04-2007, 07:01 AM
After they left he returned his girlfriend to her stable and went home.

Straight, No Chaser
11-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Things must be pretty low with the Denver sports scene when this is being printed and getting some run.

Consider the source, the Rocky Mountain news. Isn't this the rag Woody writes for?

wazu
11-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Can you imagine the number of incidents that have been covered up for "John"? He is a king in that town. Losing his patronage would normally be thought to be disastrous for a business. Just think of what a complete buffoon he must be for this to not be the case.

My guess is he was pretty much yelling at whomever he was having his so-called "discussion" with.

chop
11-04-2007, 07:54 AM
This is not news. Most people, after a few drinks, would get upset if they were cut off. Now if he asked the bartender for a kiss that would be news.

a1na2
11-04-2007, 07:56 AM
What do you mean exactly? Do you think he was already buzzing? Even so why would they cut the guy off unless he was so wasted he started acting the fool? I don't get it.

From what we read about elway in retrospect it probably wasn't an ACT!!!

unothadeal
11-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Pussies drink wine.

Easy 6
11-04-2007, 09:07 AM
He had to have been acting like the ass he is, the last thing some local place would want to do is get into a confrontation with their "King".

They must've had a damn good reason, or it would have risked making them a very unpopular bar in that area.

He should go hang out with Ditka in the Circuit City showroom & quit crying.

Pablo
11-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Pussies drink wine.
You speak the truth.

a1na2
11-04-2007, 09:18 AM
He had to have been acting like the ass he is, the last thing some local place would want to do is get into a confrontation with their "King".

They must've had a damn good reason, or it would have risked making them a very unpopular bar in that area.

He should go hang out with Ditka in the Circuit City showroom & quit crying.

See post #22.

It wasn't an act, Johnny boy Smelway is an ASS.

Easy 6
11-04-2007, 09:22 AM
See post #22.

It wasn't an act, Johnny boy Smelway is an ASS.

Mr. Flopnuts story kinda says it all, giving an 11 year old the Evil Eye... :shake:

Suck It Felway.

Pablo
11-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I think the Donkeys really tried to get the dumbest looking QB they could to immulate Elway.

Jay Cutler has a douche-face, maybe he is the second coming.

11-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Hell, almost sounds to me like the bar just wanted to be a dick to him. What is with the whole "you need to buy some food" line? That is a load of crap when you consider the money they are making off of each glass of wine he drinks.

I am willing to bet if that was some everyday schmo, it doesn't even happen.

Iowanian
11-04-2007, 10:32 AM
She probably thought he was trying to bite her....with those ginormous teef.

ppppffffffffppppppppp EEEEEhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mdstu
11-04-2007, 10:42 AM
I've been cut off before at bars and clubs. None of them was because I was acting up, I think I just looked pretty wasted. Pissed me off the first couple of times, if it happened today I would just go somewhere else.

Got cut off at a club one time and I had only been there a half an hour. Two beers maybe. Mistaken identity maybe.

MichaelH
11-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I've never been cut off even after more than 8 drinks. But I can hold my liquor well. I didn't know there was such a thing as a quiet conversation after 8 glasses of anything. My guess is he/they were a little loud and Elway didn't like to be told no.

Extra Point
11-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Headline: HORSE FACE DENIED AT TROUGH

andoman
11-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Just saw another Elway/Ditka Circuit City commercial. Anyone else think Elway looks older than Ditka?

andoman
11-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Just saw another Elway/Ditka Circuit City commercial. Anyone else think Elway looks older than Ditka?

Rain Man
11-04-2007, 03:47 PM
The funny thing is, the restaurant that Elway owns (and very creatively named "John Elway's Restaurant") is only about 4 blocks away from there. I guess even he won't eat at that place.

Quesadilla Joe
10-06-2008, 07:53 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

gblowfish
10-06-2008, 08:46 AM
They cut him off when he started peeing sitting down.

KCFalcon59
10-06-2008, 09:18 AM
If I owned that establishment and saw Elway or any other pro athlete arrive I would have tried to siphon every last penny I could out of him.

Redrum_69
10-06-2008, 09:25 AM
hey guys take it easy on Elway...

I mean really..show some class.

His moms a whore, he played for the Broncos...who ..like the Patriots..had to cheat to win the Super Bowl. Would you rather be known as a hard working player all your life and not get in a super bowl, but have every accolade other than a ring on your finger? Or..would you rather have an asterisk by your name and have two super bowl rings and always thought of a cheating horseface jackass who gets beligerent...

Demonpenz
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
could you imagine how many rings elway would have had if he had montana's player. Elway is without a doubt the best qb to ever play.

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Wine is good drinking.

Long Duk Dong
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
ROFLROFL

vailpass
10-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Big John has been known to hang out, knocking back a couple drinks and hitting up a Marlboro Light.

There is something to be said for a QB who stayed with a team his whole career, made his home there year round, and stays there after he retired.

kstater
10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Big John has been known to hang out, knocking back a couple drinks and hitting up a Marlboro Light.

There is something to be said for a QB who stayed with a team his whole career, made his home there year round, and stays there after he retired.

Not to mention the crisco he bought for his linemen.

vailpass
10-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Not to mention the crisco he bought for his linemen.

I understad why Big John is under a lot of Chiefs fans skin and always will be. You have every right to dislike him; to resent his success.

Long Duk Dong
10-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I understad why Big John is under a lot of Chiefs fans skin and always will be. You have every right to dislike him; to resent his success.

Elway wasn't THAT good. :harumph:

vailpass
10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Elway wasn't THAT good. :harumph:

Dude.