PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson

ThaVirus
11-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm speechless right now...Can't say much...

Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders
Adrian Peterson in 10 years ?

JBucc
11-04-2007, 03:25 PM
If he can stay healthy the sky's the limit.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Already easily a top 3 back in the league....hell maybe 1-2 that guy is incredible.

Sam Hall
11-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for scoring 49 points for my fantasy team, Mr. Peterson.

BWillie
11-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Who cares. Running backs don't matter nowdays. Won't win you the super bowl. His running style will make him get hurt in about 3 years, and he'll get Eddie Georged or Larry Johnson'ed.

Still an amazing athlete, and probably will be one of the best RB's of this decade when it's all said and done with.

eazyb81
11-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Adrian Peterson is single-handedly keeping me in 1st place in my league. The guy is unreal. How the hell do you break the NFL single game rushing record as a rookie?

I'm going to petition the league to make this a keeper league.

Robo-Chachi
11-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I traded him 2 weeks ago for Tony Romo. May seem dumb but I'm pretty strong at every position but QB. Of course, with him and my other players I could have maybe gotten by without a QB.

eazyb81
11-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I traded him 2 weeks ago for Tony Romo. May seem dumb but I'm pretty strong at every position but QB. Of course, with him and my other players I could have maybe gotten by without a QB.

You're right, that does seem dumb.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Who cares. Running backs don't matter nowdays. Won't win you the super bowl. His running style will make him get hurt in about 3 years, and he'll get Eddie Georged or Larry Johnson'ed.

Still an amazing athlete, and probably will be one of the best RB's of this decade when it's all said and done with.

This is why if you notice the season stats......he doesn't have a ridiculous amount of carries. The Vikings are being much smarter about this than say the Chiefs were.

EPodolak
11-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Here in Oklahoma most of us thought he was too fragile for the NFL; I thought he was overrated in college. Its a shock to me.

Thig Lyfe
11-04-2007, 03:33 PM
DAMMIT CARL! :cuss:

UteChief
11-04-2007, 03:34 PM
The guy is amazing. He'll have a great creer if he can stay healthy. Imagine him with a decent passing game.

BWillie
11-04-2007, 03:34 PM
This is why if you notice the season stats......he doesn't have a ridiculous amount of carries. The Vikings are being much smarter about this than say the Chiefs were.

O ya, like putting him on kick offs at the beginning of the year.

Sam Hall
11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
He's listed as 6-foot-2; he looked about 6-foot-5 when I saw him in person in 2005. He's too big for most DBs trying to tackle him.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 03:37 PM
O ya, like putting him on kick offs at the beginning of the year.

At least the Vikings are smart enough not to give him 400 carries to try to sneak into the playoffs...

Rain Man
11-04-2007, 03:53 PM

Are you still making the argument for teams to bench their best players?

***Ring, ring***

It's for you. It's Matt Millen. He says to tell you that even he knows better than that.

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Already easily a top 3 back in the league....hell maybe 1-2 that guy is incredible.

I have Peterson, Addai, and Marion Barber III on my fantasy team. Sitting pretty.

NUMBER7
11-04-2007, 04:01 PM
DAMMIT CARL! :cuss:

Absolutely...Carl banked everything on Larry Johnson...we could have had AP.
:cuss: :banghead:

Buck
11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Molitoth
11-04-2007, 05:27 PM
I look smart this year hating on Huard and drafting Peterson in the sixth round of my FF draft.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 05:28 PM
He'll be out of the league within five years. Great talent, but he plays way, way too hard. He'll get hurt bad a couple times within the next three years.

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Peterson's amazing.

RealSNR
11-04-2007, 06:29 PM
And he's probably a better QB than is Tarvaris Jackson.

Be thankful we at least have Croyle and not that piece of shit throwing the ball

beach tribe
11-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Just watched his highlight reel. He is better than LT. Bigger, Stronger, faster, better. Whether he will last only time will tell. Minnesota's line is also phenomenal.

the Talking Can
11-04-2007, 06:43 PM
He looks like Dickerson, no?

NUMBER7
11-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Just watched his highlight reel. He is better than LT. Bigger, Stronger, faster, better. Whether he will last only time will tell. Minnesota's line is also phenomenal.

Beach Tribe Kudos!!! You clearly understand the talent AP is running behind. AP is real good...if he was trying to run here he would not be half as efficient. The Minny O line has slowly been built and is one of the best in football...the Chef's o line is terrible. Terry was man-handled today.

Brock
11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
He'll be out of the league within five years. Great talent, but he plays way, way too hard. He'll get hurt bad a couple times within the next three years.

He plays like LJ used to.

ThaVirus
11-04-2007, 06:53 PM
He looks like Dickerson, no?

I suppose so...Doesn't ED hold the record for most rush yards in a season by a rookie ? Prolly not for much longer with AD on the loose...

Anyway, the guy's just amazing. He's big, strong, fast, and plays with more tenacity than I've seen in a running back. If I had a knock on him coming out of college, it would have been that he is a bit too tall, and runs too upright for being so tall. None of that seems to matter though as he's just too physical for anyone he's faced so far.

Being a fan of running backs, I'd sadly have to agree with Goatse. He just runs with too much intensity. He'll end up wearing himself out to the point of injury. I hope he stays healthy, but he'll probably be mentioned in the same breath as Gale Sayers, Bo Jackson, and Earl Campbell. If only they could have stayed healthy...

beach tribe
11-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Beach Tribe Kudos!!! You clearly understand the talent AP is running behind. AP is real good...if he was trying to run here he would not be half as efficient. The Minny O line has slowly been built and is one of the best in football...the Chef's o line is terrible. Terry was man-handled today.
NOBODY can look great behind this line.

beach tribe
11-04-2007, 07:09 PM
well, Barry Sanders, but that's it.

Spicy McHaggis
11-04-2007, 07:56 PM
He has a second level burst that amazes me to see out of a bigger back. This is the RB everyone thought he would be after his first year in college.