Mizery is #6

Rock Chalk!!

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Sweet....

Keeps getting better. :)

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Even despising mizery as much as I do; it is pretty cool to see 3 Big 12 teams in the top 6. And 2 of the 3 North teams; and even better all 3 are former Big 8 teams!

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 03:46 PM
i was only 1 off of my prediction of 3 top 5 teams

KChiefs1
11-04-2007, 03:47 PM
this is great....the MU vs KU matchup at Arrowhead is going to be wild!

Reerun_KC
11-04-2007, 03:48 PM
congrats to all 3....

Awesome to see the Big 12 representing....

petegz28
11-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't see how KU is ahead of MU if OU is the top of the 3? After all both OU and MU have losses and MU's loss was to OU. MU beat the team that beat OU. I just don't get that shit some times.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
what im realy enjoying is how Kstate isn't anywhere near there, yet all of my friends that are staters, truly feel that they are, lol. they're quite disillusioned about the state of their team.

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't see how KU is ahead of MU if OU is the top of the 3? After all both OU and MU have losses and MU's loss was to OU. MU beat the team that beat OU. I just don't get that shit some times.I see what you're saying, but in the end it doesn't matter.

We'll have our chance to show who's better.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't see how KU is ahead of MU if OU is the top of the 3? After all both OU and MU have losses and MU's loss was to OU. MU beat the team that beat OU. I just don't get that shit some times.

cause we're undefeated?

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 03:52 PM
congrats to all 3....

Awesome to see the Big 12 representing....Not only the Big XII, but the North...

I have no love for the Texas teams.

petegz28
cause we're undefeated?

Big deal. OU has had 1 loss and has been ranked the highest of the 3 and still is in the AP I think.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka

Wha?????

Frazod
11-04-2007, 03:53 PM
cause we're undefeated cause we haven't played anybody?

FYP

Lzen
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Big deal. OU has had 1 loss and has been ranked the highest of the 3 and still is in the AP I think.

Big deal. KU beat the team that gave OU their 1 loss as well as every other team on the schedule. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure KU will drop quite a bit if they lose a game. Doesn't matter to me at this point. I am loving this team and this season no matter what happens from here on out.

CupidStunt
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Nice job. That's why you run up the score. A win isn't just a win in college football.

HolyHandgernade
11-04-2007, 04:00 PM
From foxsports:

And then there's Kansas, which finally got the voters to notice it ... and all it had to do to get everyone's attention was lay 76 points on longtime nemesis Nebraska. The Jayhawks jumped to No. 4 in the standings, one spot ahead of the school that it could face in the Big 12 championship game, Oklahoma.

In fact, with wins over Missouri (currently No. 6 in the BCS standings) and the Sooners, it's conceivable that an undefeated Kansas squad could leapfrog both the Tigers and the Ducks and give us perhaps the most improbable matchup of unbeatens in the brief history of the BCS.

petegz28
11-04-2007, 04:04 PM
From foxsports:

LOL! That is rich.

If Nebraska put up what, 39 against KU at KU , then MU is going to roll them from here to next season.

That is 2 pretty big wins this guy is giving KU based off of absolutely nothing.

HolyHandgernade
11-04-2007, 04:08 PM
LOL! That is rich.

If Nebraska put up what, 39 against KU at KU , then MU is going to roll them from here to next season.

That is 2 pretty big wins this guy is giving KU based off of absolutely nothing.

What part of "conceivable" don't you understand. I've never seen so many people get upset at hypothetical statistical probabilities. IF KU beats MU and OU, based on the BCS formula, it will jump those two schools. It didn't say KU will win those games, it said if it does this is what will happen. What a silly thing to get your danders up about.

-HH

Lzen
11-04-2007, 04:09 PM
LOL! That is rich.

By that logic, I could say that MU didn't score nearly that many points against NU. KU is gonna roll all over MU. MU can't keep up with KU's scoring. I think we both know that both of those assumptions are not realistic.

petegz28
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
What part of "conceivable" don't you understand. I've never seen so many people get upset at hypothetical statistical probabilities. IF KU beats MU and OU, based on the BCS formula, it will jump those two schools. It didn't say KU will win those games, it said if it does this is what will happen. What a silly thing to get your danders up about.

-HH

The conceivable part ws mentioned after the wins over MU and OU and was pertaining to who would play.

HolyHandgernade
11-04-2007, 04:13 PM
The conceivable part ws mentioned after the wins over MU and OU and was pertaining to who would play.

Right, he's saying IF KU wins those two games, it will garner enough points to leapfrog LSU and OSU to land in the National Championship game. In other words, no matter what those two schools do the rest of the season, because KU has the #5 and #6 teams on its upcoming schedule, and undefeated team will leapfrog the other two programs. That's all. It isn't making any predictions that this WILL happen only what conceivably could happen.

-HH

ROYC75
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Damn, any talk about Jayhawks and the Tiggers whine like lil' pussy cats. :D

Get over it , one day you will have to put up or shut up.....

I wish it was next week.......

petegz28
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Right, he's saying IF KU wins those two games, it will garner enough points to leapfrog LSU and OSU to land in the National Championship game. In other words, no matter what those two schools do the rest of the season, because KU has the #5 and #6 teams on its upcoming schedule, and undefeated team will leapfrog the other two programs. That's all. It isn't making any predictions that this WILL happen only what conceivably could happen.

-HH

techinically he never said if. He\they said "With wins..." and the way the article jumped to unbeaten with no mention of what it would take to actually bet MU and OU is what is called getting the cart before the horse.

That's like saying "with wins over the Colts and Pats the Chiefs could be in the Super Bowl".........

got it?

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Big deal. KU beat the team that gave OU their 1 loss as well as every other team on the schedule. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure KU will drop quite a bit if they lose a game. Doesn't matter to me at this point. I am loving this team and this season no matter what happens from here on out.

Transitive property doesn't mean shit in sports. MU beat CU 55-10 @CU, and KU only beat them 19-14 @CU, but I don't think many Jayhawkers believe that means MU is better then KU.

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Also, while I think an undefeated KU deserves to be ahead of OU, they didn't do anything, this weekend specifically, to move ahead of OU. I don't get why the polls chose this weekend to move them ahead.

ROYC75
11-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Also, while I think an undefeated KU deserves to be ahead of OU, they didn't do anything, this weekend specifically, to move ahead of OU. I don't get why the polls chose this weekend to move them ahead.

To take a team that hasn't traditionally won and to continue winning, whip a team that has beaten them mercifully over the years, they are finally giving them some love. Thru all the cat calls, pundits, all the talk, they continue to erase the doubts out there 1 week at a time.

Staying undefeated is tough, beating a Div. 1 school and hanging 76 points is equally as hard.

MU has every reason to be proud, you have a quality team that could very well be better than KU, time will tell.

For now, just enjoy the ride........ it's great for the BIG 12 and the local area.

alnorth
11-04-2007, 04:29 PM

The Harris and Coaches polls have been weighing them down like an anchor, compared to the computers. After this week, the computers still had KU at about #4, but since the Harris and coaches poll finally came up, then its like a weight was lifted off of them.

Skip Towne
11-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Transitive property doesn't mean shit in sports. MU beat CU 55-10 @CU, and KU only beat them 19-14 @CU, but I don't think many Jayhawkers believe that means MU is better then KU.
Using that reasoning, MU should have beat OU by 35. They didn't.

Lzen
11-04-2007, 04:34 PM

Dude, you quoted me but I don't think you read the last sentence. My post was just trying to sound as ridiculous as your fellow Tigger fan. Roy is right, any type of positive coverage of the Jayhawks and you MUs get all touchy. :rolleyes:

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Dude, you quoted me but I don't think you read the last sentence. My post was just trying to sound as ridiculous as your fellow Tigger fan. Roy is right, any type of positive coverage of the Jayhawks and you MUs get all touchy. :rolleyes:Yeah. I, for one, am really sensitive about it. :rolleyes:

KU's been fantastic. I've said it more than once.

I'm just saying you've got to get by Mizzou, and it wont be easy.

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Using that reasoning, MU should have beat OU by 35. They didn't.

Actually, that is the opposite of me saying the transitive property doesn't mean anything. I need to spell out my sarcasm better.

EPodolak
11-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I think KU has been the most impressive of those three teams this year, and I'm an Oklahoma guy.

Lzen
11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah. I, for one, am really sensitive about it. :rolleyes:

Sry, I know you and a couple of other MU fans have been rational. I guess the irrational ones are more noticeable. ;)

ROYC75
Yeah. I, for one, am really sensitive about it. :rolleyes:

Agreed, it will be the toughest game we have on the schedule........ Damn, years ago saying that and it would have been a cupcake schedule for sure.

But you are right, it is a very BIG TASK to fulfill.

beer bacon
Let me say, I am actually happy about where KU, OU, and MU are right now. If MU can run the table, they will have two victories over top five teams and a realistic shot at the NC. Same with KU running the table. Right now, OU, KU, and MU should all be rooting for each other.

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Sry, I know you and a couple of other MU fans have been rational. I guess the irrational ones are more noticeable. ;)True enough... you've gotta love the fire though.

That's what makes this rivalry one of the best.

Lzen
11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Now watch. With all this haggling between KU and MU fans watch our teams screw it up. Something like KU only loses to MU in the final game. MU goes on to lose to OU in the Big 12 championship. Then, OU goes on to the national title game and gets Boise Stated again. ROFL

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Now watch. With all this haggling between KU and MU fans watch our teams screw it up. Something like KU only loses to MU in the final game. MU goes on to lose to OU in the Big 12 championship. Then, OU goes on to the national title game and gets Boise Stated again. ROFL

Going into yesterday's game, I thought MU had a significant chance of losing against CU or KSU. The demolition of CU really surprised me, and KSU got beat by Iowa State of all teams.

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Now watch. With all this haggling between KU and MU fans watch our teams screw it up. Something like KU only loses to MU in the final game. MU goes on to lose to OU in the Big 12 championship. Then, OU goes on to the national title game and gets Boise Stated again. ROFLI hate you for even saying that... asshole.

:p

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Going into yesterday's game, I thought MU had a significant chance of losing against CU or KSU. The demolition of CU really surprised me, and KSU got beat by Iowa State of all teams.I agree.

I thought CU on the road would be really, really tough... not to mention KSU.

I underestimated my favorite team.

Lzen
11-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Going into yesterday's game, I thought MU had a significant chance of losing against CU or KSU. The demolition of CU really surprised me, and KSU got beat by Iowa State of all teams.

Yeah, MU's win was very, very impressive last night. And KSU has really fallen the past few weeks. Earlier in the season, their defense was praised to be really good, but is hasn't looked that way recently. MU should beat KSU and aTm. And KU should OSU and ISU. However, it is college football. And as we've seen, especially this year, any given week a team can lose to a lesser opponent. One thing both of these teams really have going for them is their QBs are great leaders and extreme competitors.

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, MU's win was very, very impressive last night. And KSU has really fallen the past few weeks. Earlier in the season, their defense was praised to be really good, but is hasn't looked that way recently. MU should beat KSU and aTm. And KU should OSU and ISU. However, it is college football. And as we've seen, especially this year, any given week a team can lose to a lesser opponent. One thing both of these teams really have going for them is their QBs are great leaders and extreme competitors.

One thing that pisses me off is that KU basically cloned Chase Daniel and made him their QB.

Lzen
11-04-2007, 04:55 PM
I hate you for even saying that... asshole.

:p

Hey, I am a KU fan and a Chiefs fan. It is natural for me to just expect these things. ;)

beer bacon
11-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey, I am a KU fan and a Chiefs fan. It is natural for me to just expect these things. ;)

You should read tigerboard.com sometime. They have been expecting a 5th down or kicked ball all season.

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, MU's win was very, very impressive last night. And KSU has really fallen the past few weeks. Earlier in the season, their defense was praised to be really good, but is hasn't looked that way recently. MU should beat KSU and aTm. And KU should OSU and ISU. However, it is college football. And as we've seen, especially this year, any given week a team can lose to a lesser opponent. One thing both of these teams really have going for them is their QBs are great leaders and extreme competitors.Hell yeah... Gamers on both sides.

I really think Reesing's been the key to this amazing KU football turn-around.

He's a tough S.O.B.

Not unlike Chase Daniel.

alnorth
11-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I agree.

I thought CU on the road would be really, really tough... not to mention KSU.

I underestimated my favorite team.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. The friday before KU-Colorado I advised a co-worker not to bet on KU because I honestly didnt think they would pull it off. He came back monday to tease me about not having any faith in my own team.