PDA

View Full Version : This is the thread for calm rationality.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
We are still in first place and have the hapless Donks coming to our crib next week.

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
IN

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM
8 AND 8!!!

MARK IT!!!

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2007, 03:59 PM
YAY! I JUST CUT MY ARM OFF. THATS OK, I STILL HAVE ANOTHER!

the Talking Can
you will die a virgin

'Hamas' Jenkins
Yay. We could go 9-7, and lose another home playoff game at Arrowhead. Color me excited.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2007, 04:00 PM
BFD. We don't stand a chance, with this hapless offense.

KcMizzou
The loss sucks, but I'm not that torn up about it.

We played well, especially in the second half.

LJ planting the flag seemed to fire the whole team up.

We'll be in the running for the AFCW all season.

Reerun_KC
Is it duck season yet? There were plenty of them inside arrowhead today...

Rain Man
12-4 is still pretty good. Either NE or IND has to lose today.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2007, 04:01 PM
The loss sucks, but I'm not that torn up about it.

We played well, especially in the second half.

LJ planting the flag seemed to fire the whole team up.

We'll be in the running for the AFCW all season.

Being in the running for the AFC would be nice as well... So sad our division is worse than the NFCW...

Bugeater
11-04-2007, 04:01 PM
We won't go 13-3! PBJ

Chiefspants
11-04-2007, 04:02 PM
YEAH HOORAY FOR ANOTHER FIRST ROUND LOSS
SCREW THE FUTURE BIATCHES
CARL FOREVER

kcxiv
11-04-2007, 04:02 PM
One of the worst offenses in the NFL going up another team with a horrible offense. This is going to be FUN to watch!

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Being in the running for the AFC would be nice as well... So sad our division is worse than the NFCW...It sure would, but like it or not, we're a team in transition right now.

And we're still pretty good.

FringeNC
So nobody is concerned that decent teams like the Pack and Jaguars have absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage at Arrowhead?

banyon
This is the thread for calm rationality.

Then why the f*** are you in it?

Spott
11-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Please remove that Hutard sig. It makes you look hutarded.

11-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Huard sucks

WilliamTheIrish
11-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Calm rationality, eh?

Due, we're pretty sorry. IMO, this was classic Martyocre ball. 3 and out over and over and over. Let the D keep us in the game. Strike late, get the lead, put in the hands of the D.

But the D can't get the critical stop. Give up the lead late. Finally, down to our last drive, unable to get the big play to counter.

It would hurt if I wasn't completely expecting it.

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Please remove that Hutard sig. It makes you look hutarded.
I'm trying to figure out how to put it ON mine

JBucc
11-04-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm stupid.

CupidStunt
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm pretty calm. We have a solid but not great defense that gave up far too many big plays at inopportune times. We have awful special teams outside of the punter. We have an awful QB and awful OL. And our WR depth is horrible, although that wasn't so much of the problem today.

Basically, we're a team that needs a piece or two more on defense, another weapon or two in the passing game, a lot of help on the OL and, most importantly, a QB. It is what it is.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
So nobody is concerned that decent teams like the Pack and Jaguars have absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage at Arrowhead?

The Packers are elite. Today was an encouraging day. We competed with an NFC power.

jjjayb
11-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Good Idea for a thread.

Let me say this very calmly. Put Croyle in now and give this team a chance to beat a team with a winning record.

Chiefspants
11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Hmm, What was with your thread about HUARD WILL BEAT FARVE? little wrong now huh?
Facts are, we could have won and your Golden Boy is holding us back in more areas than one

BigChiefFan
11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
The Packers are elite. Today was an encouraging day. We competed with an NFC power.If your an NFL team, of course you compete against your COMPETITION. That doesn't mean they played well. They didn't. Huard has played like shit. Open your eyes and take credit for hitching your horse to a faulty cart.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 04:22 PM
The Packers are elite. Today was an encouraging day. We competed with an NFC power.

Before the game it was "oh they aren't that good, we're better than them" and now they're elite?

What is the rationality if LJ misses a month....

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Before the game it was "oh they aren't that good, we're better than them" and now they're elite?

What is the rationality if LJ misses a month....
Whenever a team beats us they are "elite"

Didn't you see after the JAX game?
The Jaguars we're being compared with the '85 Bears

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:24 PM

What is the rationality if LJ misses a month....I see this loss has cheered you up...

Welcome back.

I'll miss ya after KC beats Denver...

You never have much to say when the Chiefs do good things.

Rain Man
11-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Bah. The Packers aren't elite. Name one person on that team besides Brett Favre. I dare you. Not Donald Driver or A.J. Hawk. Come on, I dare you.

(Spit.)

We gave away a golden opportunity today. We outplayed that team and then collapsed and gave it away.

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Bah. The Packers aren't elite. Name one person on that team besides Brett Favre. I dare you. Not Donald Driver or A.J. Hawk. Come on, I dare you.

(Spit.)

We gave away a golden opportunity today. We outplayed that team and then collapsed and gave it away.

Yep, that was our game...

But that long pass at the end was all Favre... I dunno how you defend that. It was a perfect throw.

Then Damon shat himself. The rest is history.

The Bad Guy
11-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I'll be happy when Huard, Solari and half the offensive line is ridden out of town.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 04:29 PM

(Spit.)

You don't outplay a team when they out gain you nearly 2-1.

Chiefspants
11-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Are we really going to leave Huard in all season for another 9-7? this is backasswards

Mecca
11-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Yep, that was our game...

But that long pass at the end was all Favre... I dunno how you defend that. It was a perfect throw.

Then Damon shat himself. The rest is history.

The Driver one, that was a great throw and catch...now the TD to Jennings that's just a straight screw up because he ran right by them and was wide open by 5 yards.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-04-2007, 04:30 PM
This thread:

http://www.fanforhire.com/images/comical_ali.jpg

EPodolak
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
It was a pretty painful loss, the first time we've lost when leading in the fourth this year. Those are the worst.

Rain Man
11-04-2007, 04:35 PM
The Driver one, that was a great throw and catch...now the TD to Jennings that's just a straight screw up because he ran right by them and was wide open by 5 yards.

As happy as I've been with Donnie Edwards, it looked to me like he was the guy that got beat. Of course, there's the question of why a linebacker had responsiblity for a WR in deep middle, but if you're going to do it, Edwards is the guy. I think he just got caught not expecting a deep pass.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Good Idea for a thread.

Let me say this very calmly. Put Croyle in now and give this team a chance to beat a team with a winning record.

I think the game would have been 14-0 or worse at halftime with Croyle. He would have panicked on one of those third downs and thrown a pick. Huard kept us in the game and then turned it on during the fourth quarter. Unfortunately the D let Huard down. Sad but true.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 04:36 PM
As happy as I've been with Donnie Edwards, it looked to me like he was the guy that got beat. Of course, there's the question of why a linebacker had responsiblity for a WR in deep middle, but if you're going to do it, Edwards is the guy. I think he just got caught not expecting a deep pass.

That was on Page in my mind. He got caught playing too shallow.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
I think the game would have been 14-0 or worse at halftime with Croyle. He would have panicked on one of those third downs and thrown a pick. Huard kept us in the game and then turned it on during the fourth quarter. Unfortunately the D let Huard down. Sad but true.
Who threw those TWO INTs in the 4th quarter? I'm sure it was the defense, right? You're in denial.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I'll be happy when Huard, Solari and half the offensive line is ridden out of town.
:clap:

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Who threw those TWO INTs in the 4th quarter? I'm sure it was the defense, right? You're in denial.

Nope. When this offense scores 22 points against a damn good defense, I expect the defense to hold up their end of the bargain. Today, they didn't. End of story.

The rest is just spin.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 04:42 PM

I think we'd see stuff like that a lot more if teams took deep shots frequently...Page and Pollard are always cheating up, looking in the backfield, not getting back quick enough...

They've been burned before and today it lost a game.

WilliamTheIrish

You mean the defense that actually kept us in the game while Hulari went 3 and out x 7?

BigMeatballDave
I think the game would have been 14-0 or worse at halftime with Croyle. He would have panicked on one of those third downs and thrown a pick. Huard kept us in the game and then turned it on during the fourth quarter. Unfortunately the D let Huard down. Sad but true.Huard threw 2 costly picks. You are truely retarded.

jjjayb

You think? You also though Huard would beat Favre too didn't you? Huard didn't "keep us in the game" Our D did. Huard managed to lead this team to a total of 70 frigging yards in the first half. Our D Let Huard down? You are a dilusional idiot. I'm sure those interceptions Huard threw had nothing to do with this loss right? Those were the receivers fault right? I can't believe you truly believe your own crap.

jjjayb

You think? You also thought Huard would beat Favre too didn't you? Huard didn't "keep us in the game" Our D did. Huard managed to lead this team to a total of 70 frigging yards in the first half. Our D Let Huard down? You are a dilusional idiot. I'm sure those interceptions Huard threw had nothing to do with this loss right? Those were the receivers fault right? I can't believe you truly believe your own crap.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
The rest is just spin.WTF? An int with a minute left and all you need is a FG to win? Huard blew it. You cannot spin that.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure most of us thought the game was over when Favre hit Jennings.....let alone thinking Huard was going to lead a TD drive in a 1:30 with no timeouts.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2007, 04:49 PM
LMAO. Defending Turd after that game is hilarious. Keep digging your hole deeper.

BigMeatballDave
This is the 1st game all season where the D could not come up with a stop. The fact is, we needed Huard to step up and make plays near the end of regulation and he choked.

cdcox
I think we'd see stuff like that a lot more if teams took deep shots frequently...Page and Pollard are always cheating up, looking in the backfield, not getting back quick enough...

They've been burned before and today it lost a game.

I think it's true for the Chiefs and across the NFL. NFL teams have perfected the short passing game, such that safeties are not looking for the deep ball as much. When teams go to it, it works.

Witness Favre against Denver and KC.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Damon Montana actually won the game, didn't you get the memo?

Micjones
With just 8 games remaining...

It's time for Brodie Croyle.
No, not because with him QB play will improve...
It's so we won't have to go into next season still evaluating whether or not he's the future of that position. No sense in being mediocre this year and next by mishandling personnel at that spot.

We'll still contend for the AFC West.
And while we're in no position to win the Superbowl you still want to make the post-season. Because then at least you have a chance. There's nothing to be gained from going 6-10.

Carl Peterson needs to admit another FO mistake and bring Ryan Lilja back to play Guard this off-season. McIntosh should go to RT and we'll need to find a LT through the draft or in FA. I'm guessing Niswanger takes over at Center, but then again... He looked pretty solid in spot duty at Guard today so... Who knows???

We need an overhaul on the offensive line.
Busted defensive line picks over the last several years has cost us.
It's coming back to haunt us now.

What might we have on the O-line if we hadn't blown picks on Sims, Freeman and Siavii?

FAX
Throwing an INT on a "safe", "short" pass in the middle of the field during the 2 minute offense is unforgivable.

Downfield is the long lost, fourth Stooge.

FAX

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Nope. When this offense scores 22 points against a damn good defense, I expect the defense to hold up their end of the bargain. Today, they didn't. End of story.

The rest is just spin.I respect Huard a lot more than most of the guys here... but right now, you're just wrong.

Kerberos
11-04-2007, 04:58 PM

The rest is just spin.

NOPE.

When your defense holds a HOF QB in check for most of the game and YOUR F***ING offense, and more to the POINT you QB, can't keep drives alive or your QB "BACKFOOT HEAVES" interceptions, that doesn't F***ing help your defense one bit you two bit duchewad.

:shake:

GoHuge
11-04-2007, 05:08 PM
This is the 1st game all season where the D could not come up with a stop. The fact is, we needed Huard to step up and make plays near the end of regulation and he choked.Your statments are both true, can't argue with either. I've heard "this game comes down to four or five plays," and today was the biggest example of that I've ever seen. Huard is what he is, but how many times do we have to see Favre nail a guy that is 5 yards past the defenders? Hell they had all week to see how Denver got beat.....

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Here is calm: The Chiefs aren't a good team.

Here is rationality: The Broncos are a worse team.

LanceHunter
11-04-2007, 05:16 PM
OK for the year Huard has passed for 1470 yds. The average so far in the NFL is 804 yds. and the league leader 2431 yds. so thats middle of the pack, not exactly great, but not bad either. and really Favre threw more interceptions in the game. I hate prevent defenses, if they would have blitzed Favre more in the fourth, his ass would have went down, or thrown a couple more interceptions. I am just not a fan of the prevent defense, I say do what worked and thats get in Bretts face, he makes bad throws too, and more than Huard did.

Kerberos
11-04-2007, 05:19 PM

And you know what really pisses me off. It has been a LONG time since Denver has had a really BAD season and I can't even enjoy it because the CHIEFS SUCK ALMOST AS BAD.

Calling the Broncos disgrace of a team in the AFCWest would be the pot/kettle syndrome.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
OK for the year Huard has passed for 1470 yds. The average so far in the NFL is 804 yds. and the league leader 2431 yds. so thats middle of the pack, not exactly great, but not bad either. and really Favre threw more interceptions in the game. I hate prevent defenses, if they would have blitzed Favre more in the fourth, his ass would have went down, or thrown a couple more interceptions. I am just not a fan of the prevent defense, I say do what worked and thats get in Bretts face, he makes bad throws too, and more than Huard did.
Favre had two interceptions and so did Huard.

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
And you know what really pisses me off. It has been a LONG time since Denver has had a really BAD season and I can't even enjoy it because the CHIEFS SUCK ALMOST AS BAD.

Calling the Broncos disgrace of a team in the AFCWest would be the pot/kettle syndrome.

Good grief, it's all just pitiful. 3-5 keeps a team alive in this division today.

It's a perfect crap storm.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Well at least you dont have Huard.....

BigRock
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Farve explained that play in his presser after the game. He said it's a play and formation they have for the TE to go up the field, but somehow the WR ended up in the TE slot. Farve didn't even sound sure of why it happened. But when he got the snap, he realized he had a WR matched up against an LB.

Had it been the TE, Donnie's probably right there with him. Can't really blame him for not keeping up, but he could have called a TO or something to prevent the mismatch.

tk13
11-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I haven't really read any of the reaction from today, but I thought it was a team loss. Disappointing, in that we had chances to win it. I feel like our offense really let us down in the 1st half and our defense did in the 2nd half. Although it's hard to keep Brett Favre contained when he's out there slinging it like that... he made some throws that you just couldn't defend today. The biggest positive is probably that we played an elite team, and showed we could play with them. I really feel like we can win the division, which would be an amazing accomplishment in what amounted to a rebuilding year.

Kerberos
11-04-2007, 05:36 PM

:LOL: :LOL: REP

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2007, 05:44 PM

Oh, we have him.

We just call him Patrick Ramsey.

EPodolak
11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I haven't really read any of the reaction from today, but I thought it was a team loss. Disappointing, in that we had chances to win it. I feel like our offense really let us down in the 1st half and our defense did in the 2nd half. Although it's hard to keep Brett Favre contained when he's out there slinging it like that... he made some throws that you just couldn't defend today. The biggest positive is probably that we played an elite team, and showed we could play with them. I really feel like we can win the division, which would be an amazing accomplishment in what amounted to a rebuilding year.

Its the first loss of the year after being ahead in the 4th - the worst kind. I didn't feel the "let down" by the offense, it was a par performance. And I disagree that Favres big passes were not defensible. I'm not sure about the "elite" part either, but that doesn't matter. The AFC-West is a junior varsity division, and we were JV down the line today, again. Bad loss, but coming up watching this team since '69 I've seen much worse.

chiefsfan987
11-04-2007, 05:51 PM
I just looked at the Chargers schedule and that gives me some hope. Its certainly possible they may be at the start of a stretch where they could lose 4 of 5 after this loss to Minnesota.

Minn L, Indy L, @Jax L, Baltimore W, @Arrowhead L

MadMax
11-04-2007, 05:58 PM

WOOT! Go Damon :rolleyes: WOOHOO! :Lin:

KcMizzou
11-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I haven't really read any of the reaction from today, but I thought it was a team loss. Disappointing, in that we had chances to win it. I feel like our offense really let us down in the 1st half and our defense did in the 2nd half. Although it's hard to keep Brett Favre contained when he's out there slinging it like that... he made some throws that you just couldn't defend today. The biggest positive is probably that we played an elite team, and showed we could play with them. I really feel like we can win the division, which would be an amazing accomplishment in what amounted to a rebuilding year.I agree with everything you said there.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh, we have him.

We just call him Patrick Ramsey.

I stand corrected....

Still frustrated that Denver, SD are developing, Oakland will be and we are developing a career backup that is as old as I am...

Buehler445
11-04-2007, 06:10 PM
To think that we are 4-4 and haven't played anybody particularly spectacular and people are HAPPY about it. So what we are leading the league? If for some reason .500 will win the AFCW, what good does it do. I'm sitting here watching the Colts/Pats and trying to imagine if there is ANYTHING KC can do against either team offensively or defensively.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm happy with all the wins this season. I was pleading with the TV to show me a game winning drive. But I am absolutely not content with 4-4 despite being #1 in the AFCW.

tk13
11-04-2007, 07:14 PM
To think that we are 4-4 and haven't played anybody particularly spectacular and people are HAPPY about it. So what we are leading the league? If for some reason .500 will win the AFCW, what good does it do. I'm sitting here watching the Colts/Pats and trying to imagine if there is ANYTHING KC can do against either team offensively or defensively.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm happy with all the wins this season. I was pleading with the TV to show me a game winning drive. But I am absolutely not content with 4-4 despite being #1 in the AFCW.
I don't think people are thinking it through correctly... they're looking at it in terms of Carl's 1892047 years, which really isn't a bad thing. But on the flipside, this isn't one of Vermeil's ancient veteran teams. If you go 9-7 and sneak in and get blasted in the playoffs with a team like that, you've accomplished jack.

But this is a younger football team. We have "ascending" guys all over the field. Bowe, Webb, DJ, Allen, Hali, Boone, McBride, pretty much all of our DB's except for Law/Surtain, with very little playoff experience, let alone game experience. I think getting them experience in the playoffs would be a great thing, it's not like 2003 where getting Vonnie Holliday or Shawn Barber playoff experience is pointless. I say this every week, but if you look at most teams (Colts/Steelers/Eagles/Seahawks/Bears/and on and on), they had to take some playoff lumps before they learned how to win in the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl.

Pablo
11-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I really can't place all of the blame on Huard like some people here. But he did eff up royally with that pick in the last minute. That was something I cannot forgive.

This division is in a stalemate. Nobody is moving and nothing is getting accomplished. Thank god for that, at least we have a chance to get into the playoffs and get blasted by the Jags or Titans, or Ravens, etc.

I don't have high expectations for this team, and the only time I have in recent memory, we went 13-3 and got jolted in the first round by Indy.

This was a team loss on all levels. The O-Line was terrible the majority of the game, and when they weren't and Huard got some protection he made 3 or 4 very nice throws. LJ was trash the entire first half and when it finally looked like he was starting to turn it on, he got hurt..so I guess we can expect to face at least the Donks and Colts w/o him. And the defense didn't adhere to their "bend but don't break" motto. I thought we might get burned deep, and I thought right.

The sad reality is we could go 8-8 or 9-7 and win this division. We realistically can expect to win every game against our division rivals..that's a great feeling.

Hell, if we get to the playoffs, throw Croyle in there. Let him get some real experience, then we'll see what we've got. It's unlikely we'd win the game anyhow, and if we did, I don't even want to have to watch the Chiefs play Indy or NE.

Calcountry
11-04-2007, 07:53 PM
The Packers are elite. Today was an encouraging day. We competed with an NFC power.You are just a Troll pretending to be a homer to piss everyone off, which is what you really want with all this.

Buck
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Ouch, Chargers vs. Colts next Sunday Night.

TEX
11-04-2007, 08:13 PM
The whole division lost today. Had we taken care of business in a winnable game at home, we'd have a full game lead in the divsion. That would have been huge in this division. :shake:

Buck
11-04-2007, 08:17 PM
The whole division lost today. Had we taken care of business in a winnable game at home, we'd have a full game lead in the divsion. That would have been huge in this division. :shake:

Same could be said for the Chargers.

BigRedChief
11-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Its the first loss of the year after being ahead in the 4th - the worst kind. I didn't feel the "let down" by the offense, it was a par performance.
That first half of offensive football was one of the worst in the history of the Chiefs. We are talking Todd Blacklidge led bad.