PDA

View Full Version : Personnel Moves for 2008?

KCJohnny
11-04-2007, 05:11 PM
I say draft an OLT #1. Move McIntosh to ORT and go for a RG in free agency.

Adding a real FB would be helpful.

If the Browns shop Derek Anderson in favor of Quinn, I would be interested. Hopefully Herm won't be interested in Chad Pennington who's career in NY appears to be over.

I say draft a shutdown CB prospect with our #2 pick. We are pretty long in the tooth at CB.

Thoughts?

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Anderson is not that good. I am not saying he's bad, but he's got some talented recievers to throw to. Plus, the Browns line is pretty good with protection.

KCJohnny
11-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Anderson is not that good. I am not saying he's bad, but he's got some talented recievers to throw to. Plus, the Browns line is pretty good with protection.

If he's cheap/affordable, he would be good insurance against a Croyle bust/injury.

beach tribe
11-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Trade our #1? no thanx.

cdcox
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
We don't know what our draft strategy should be since we have no knowledge of our QB situation.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Our line needs overhauled. We need a QB. Our #2 Qb might be good, to bad we won't know that til this time next season. If Carl signs Chad, I am boycotting the season...

Rain Man
11-04-2007, 05:18 PM
I need more choices.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-04-2007, 05:18 PM
We take the BPA in the draft. A guy like Gosder Cherilus or Ryan Clady will probably be available at our draft slot. We have no shot at Long or Baker, and using a 1st rounder on a CB when you run a Cover 2 is absolutely retarded.

Pollard got clowned on the deep ball again today. The guy is a great special teams player, but he may need to be moved to WLB.

After that, we should just hope that we get good value on the O-line, otherwise take the BPA.

Still, passing on Ryan Kalil is f*cking this team hardcore.

KCJohnny
11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
We don't know what our draft strategy should be since we have no knowledge of our QB situation.

That's why I said Derek Anderson might be a good idea. No doubt about one thing, our team is getting younger with Herm. I just hope he can turn things around while TG is still on the roster. Carl Peterson is working hard to ensure that Gonzo turns out to be the Karl Malone of the NFL...

BTW - what about Solari? Keep or fire?

cdcox
11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
That's why I said Derek Anderson might be a good idea. No doubt about one thing, our team is getting younger with Herm. I just hope he can turn things around while TG is still on the roster. Carl Peterson is working hard to ensure that Gonzo turns out to be the Karl Malone of the NFL...

BTW - what about Solari? Keep or fire?

Actually, Cleveland would be retarded to let Anderson go. You don't let go of a QB of his caliber for a guy who has never started an NFL game.

KCJohnny
11-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Actually, Cleveland would be retarded to let Anderson go. You don't let go of a QB of his caliber for a guy who has never started an NFL game.

Exactly. And what should we expect from that franchise?

DomerNKC
11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
The first move of the offseason is to let Solari go. He is in WAY over his head. We need to bring in a QUALIFIED OC. We need to find some Linemen. If every pic is for a lineman, that is ok. McIntosh is a joke. Other than keeping Solari as the OC, McIntosh was the biggest mistake of the offseason. Jordan Black is better, and that is sad. After that, CB CB CB CB CB....

dj56dt58
11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
fire Solari and hire a good oc get Anderson, and draft Linemen maybe aquire a few in fa, draft a corner

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2007, 07:02 PM
If he's cheap/affordable, he would be good insurance against a Croyle bust/injury.I totaly agree.

DaKCMan AP
11-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Draft BPA.

ThaVirus
11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Retool the offensive line. Preferably with younger guys. Thats should be the #1 focus of this offseason. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if Herm, Solari, and Huard left. I love the way the defense has done nothing but get better, but I completely hate watching this offense.

Am I the only one that has absolutley no faith or expectations in any drive we start ?

KCJohnny
11-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I know this is a reach, but what about hiring Trent Green as a QBs coach and possible O/C? Gary Kubiak made the move from backup QB to O/C and is now a HC.

Psyko Tek
11-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Offense line is the key

just see how much better which ever QB we use gets when he doesn't have to pass from his back

probably help the run game too

then we get some corners

Mecca
11-04-2007, 07:13 PM
We take the BPA in the draft. A guy like Gosder Cherilus or Ryan Clady will probably be available at our draft slot. We have no shot at Long or Baker, and using a 1st rounder on a CB when you run a Cover 2 is absolutely retarded.

Pollard got clowned on the deep ball again today. The guy is a great special teams player, but he may need to be moved to WLB.

After that, we should just hope that we get good value on the O-line, otherwise take the BPA.

Still, passing on Ryan Kalil is f*cking this team hardcore.

I'm glad to see someone else agrees with me about Pollard...

DaKCMan AP
11-04-2007, 07:13 PM
I know this is a reach, but what about hiring Trent Green as a QBs coach and possible O/C? Gary Kubiak made the move from backup QB to O/C and is now a HC.

Trent will be in-studio, not on the sideline.

Brock
11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Fixating on a position in the draft gets you a fat Samoan DT.

Coach
11-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Remove Carl Peterson from GM duties.

Remove Herman Edwards as a KC Chiefs coach.

Remove Damon Horrid as KC starter.

Draft O-Linemen and CB. (Ty Law is not getting any younger folks, and he's getting roasted silly)

Provide job to Brodie, w/o any compeitition.

KCJohnny
11-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Trent will be in-studio, not on the sideline.

After what they did to Nebraska, I'd think about interviewing KU's OC. 76 points!

RustShack
11-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Draft a couple lineman and a CB in the first 3 rounds. Get rid of Solari, Peterson, and Curl. Let Croyle start SOME games this year, at the very least two or three. I personally would rather have Pennington leading our team than Anderson... but would prefer neither, or one of them to back up Croyle. In the later rounds draft a FB, LB, WR, more lineman and CB's. The offense needs major changes. McIntosh is a way better tackle than Black, but I think McIntosh should be our RT next year if we can find a better LT.

Chiefnj2
11-04-2007, 08:14 PM
The offense will be a bigger mess in 2008 once Solari's head is placed on the chopping block and Dick Curl becomes OC.

KCJohnny
11-04-2007, 09:10 PM
The offense will be a bigger mess in 2008 once Solari's head is placed on the chopping block and Dick Curl becomes OC.

I might be available. Let me think about it.

:D

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 09:17 PM

It's not a reach, it's a complete ****ing fantasy.

Gary Kubiak made chump change as a player. He's probably making a lot more now.

a1na2
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Draft a new HC that knows how to balance offense and defense.

Direckshun
11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Players to drop:

Drummond
Wesley (trade value)
Dunn
Wilson (trade value)
Wiegmann
Welbourn
Terry
Turley
Parker (trade value)
Reed
Bell (trade value)

1st day of the draft:

OT
Interior OL
WR
FB (only if A&M's Lane is available)

Mid-to-late rounds:

CB
speed demon KR/PR
Interior OL
FB

FA acquisitions/trades:

Potential starting QB if available, notably from the Browns.
Interior OL
Backup FS/SS
WR
Blocking TE
Backup RB.

Movements on the roster:

McIntosh to RT.
Croyle to QB.
Taylor to RG.
Reacquire Phinisee.
Upgrade K. Smith to #2 RB.

KCJohnny
11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Reacquire Phinisee.

How he did not make the team is a mystery to me. His kick returns alone were way better than Eddie Drummond's.

FloridaMan88
11-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Why focus on player moves, when the only move that is going to make a difference is to remove Carl, Herm, Slowlari and Curled Dick Face from the organization

KCJohnny
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I would conclude that there is somewhat strong consensus that OLT is need numero uno...

Anybody scouted the next William Roaf/Orlando Pace/Tony Boselli?

Coach
11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I would conclude that there is somewhat strong consensus that OLT is need numero uno...

Anybody scouted the next William Roaf/Orlando Pace/Tony Boselli?

Or how about a new quarterback?

I'll make a example. Was Brady not a better QB than Bledsoe before he replaced him? How about Favre over Miller?

That being said, prior to Brady taking over the 01 Patriots, analysts compared the Drew Bledsoe to Archie Manning. As they stated "He's a great QB surrounded by garbage." What happened when they lost the 'only good player?' They won the Superbowl.

Now, the Pats still had to do work to the O-line over the next several years, yes, but the O line was a horrible terrible atrocious line with Bledoe, but passable with Brady. Why?

Becuase Brady can move in the pocket to avoid pressure (even though he's slow, he knows how to move in the pocket) and gets rid of the ball faster.

Huard has terrible pocket awareness and can't avoid a sack at all... he just fetals up and takes one.

I'm not saying Croyle can do anything, but one would seem to believe that he can avoid pressure better than Damon "fetal position' Horrid.

KCJohnny
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Or how about a new quarterback?

I'll make a example. Was Brady not a better QB than Bledsoe before he replaced him? How about Favre over Miller?

That being said, prior to Brady taking over the 01 Patriots, analysts compared the Drew Bledsoe to Archie Manning. As they stated "He's a great QB surrounded by garbage." What happened when they lost the 'only good player?' They won the Superbowl.

Now, the Pats still had to do work to the O-line over the next several years, yes, but the O line was a horrible terrible atrocious line with Bledoe, but passable with Brady. Why?

Becuase Brady can move in the pocket to avoid pressure (even though he's slow, he knows how to move in the pocket) and gets rid of the ball faster.

Huard has terrible pocket awareness and can't avoid a sack at all... he just fetals up and takes one.

I'm not saying Croyle can do anything, but one would seem to believe that he can avoid pressure better than Damon "fetal position' Horrid.
Well, I hope this doesn't degenerate into another "Huard sucks" thread (*ahem*) but you make a fascinating point. One game with Croyle using his feet to get out of the pocket would help demonstrate the viability of your thesis. Brady could/can still create outside the pocket when he wants to, he can still sprint out, bootleg and run for first downs. Definitely things Drew "the Natural" Bledsoe couldn't do when he was getting body-slammed in NE.

The only problem I have with your analysis is that it doesn't account for the Chiefs having a RB who gained over 4,000 yards from scrimmage with 30+ TDs over the past 2 seasons now sitting at #29 in rushing offense. Would you suggest getting a new RB? This OL stinks.

One more comment - Huard did a helluva job eluding the rush in that 58 yarder to Bowe in the 4th quarter of the Raiders game. That said, he makes Bledsoe look like Randall Cunningham sometimes (OK, so I am dating myself bigtime...).

Warrior5
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM

Not a reach at all...Green, at worst, would be an improvement over Solari.

The off-season strategy needs to be O-line and CB...and frankly, I think that is (and has been) the plan.

Coach
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, I hope this doesn't degenerate into another "Huard sucks" thread (*ahem*) but you make a fascinating point. One game with Croyle using his feet to get out of the pocket would help demonstrate the viability of your thesis. Brady could/can still create outside the pocket when he wants to, he can still sprint out, bootleg and run for first downs. Definitely things Drew "the Natural" Bledsoe couldn't do when he was getting body-slammed in NE.

The only problem I have with your analysis is that it doesn't account for the Chiefs having a RB who gained over 4,000 yards from scrimmage with 30+ TDs over the past 2 seasons now sitting at #29 in rushing offense. Would you suggest getting a new RB? This OL stinks.

One more comment - Huard did a helluva job eluding the rush in that 58 yarder to Bowe in the 4th quarter of the Raiders game. That said, he makes Bledsoe look like Randall Cunningham sometimes (OK, so I am dating myself bigtime...).

IIRC, the Patriots had Antowain Smith as their running back at the time. Their rushing attack wasn't great by any means.

As for the RB issue right now, it appears that Larry might be out for a period of time, of course, speculation here, and it's come down to Priest and Kolby Smith.

Of course, there's no guarentee that Larry will be the same old Larry that we know, becuase of the so-called 416 carries, and that his body has took alot of punishment within the past 2 years, which is unreal of.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 08:39 PM
IIRC, the Patriots had Antowain Smith as their running back at the time. Their rushing attack wasn't great by any means.

Yeah, but it wasn't putrid ineptitude at it's finest.

KCJohnny
11-05-2007, 08:49 PM

As for the RB issue right now, it appears that Larry might be out for a period of time, of course, speculation here, and it's come down to Priest and Kolby Smith.

Of course, there's no guarentee that Larry will be the same old Larry that we know, becuase of the so-called 416 carries, and that his body has took alot of punishment within the past 2 years, which is unreal of.

I remember in 1990s Bledsoe was attempting like 45 - 50 passes a game. I'm just trying to follow your change-the-QB logic. I really don't think a more mobile QB is the answer. Look at Vince Young. Even Vick. Eventually teams figure out how to contain them and it often turns out they are not as stellar with their arms/brains as they are with their legs/instincts.

I still maintain that the difference between chicken salad and chicken $#!+ is an OL that can block in any situation. That's the difference between success and failure: an open running lane or an extra second to make all your QB progressions. A quick release and scrambling ability are a great help but no QB is likely to lead a team to the SB without a secure pocket and a reliable running attack.

Coach
11-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, but it wasn't putrid ineptitude at it's finest.

It could have been potentionally worse had Bledsoe played it out. Again, as I mentioned on my previous post, the O line was a horrible terrible atrocious line with Bledoe, but passable with Brady. Why?

Brady can move in the pocket to avoid pressure (even though he's slow, he knows how to move in the pocket) and gets rid of the ball faster.

Now, I'm not comparing Brodie to Brady becuase Brodie is deftinaly unproven and haven't shown anything. I'm not saying Croyle can do anything, but if there is one thing that I am very positive that he can do, he can avoid pressure better than Damon "fetal position' Horrid.

You know what annoys me? Croyle WILL be our future starter. This is just how it is. We either do it now and find out now, or we do it next season, or the season after that. All the talk about "I don't think he can do it so we should start Huard' is irrelevant, because Croyle, eventually, WILL START for us.

We're doing nothing more than procrastinating. The longer the Chiefs wait, the longer the season is wasted. I'm not sold on Croyle either, but why wait when we are going to start him eventually anyway? He's not getting better riding the bench, and we sure as f**k can't evaluate him.

Coach
11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I remember in 1990s Bledsoe was attempting like 45 - 50 passes a game. I'm just trying to follow your change-the-QB logic. I really don't think a more mobile QB is the answer. Look at Vince Young. Even Vick. Eventually teams figure out how to contain them and it often turns out they are not as stellar with their arms/brains as they are with their legs/instincts.

I still maintain that the difference between chicken salad and chicken $#!+ is an OL that can block in any situation. That's the difference between success and failure: an open running lane or an extra second to make all your QB progressions. A quick release and scrambling ability are a great help but no QB is likely to lead a team to the SB without a secure pocket and a reliable running attack.

Vince Young and Michael Vick can't read defenses worth a shit. It's just that simple. Vick was in the NFL for almost six years, and he's still haven't figured out how to read a defense. I also think that will be the knock on Vince Young as well.

I'm merely suggesting that I want a younger QB, who is mobile enough just to escape the rush, but still keeps his head down the field, and throw the ****ing thing, perferrably right to one of our own players, instead of seeing a blitzing linebacker coming, and curling up into the fetus position five seconds before the impact.

Is it that too much to ask? :shrug:

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Again, as I mentioned on my previous post, the O line was a horrible terrible atrocious line with Bledoe, but passable with Brady. Why?

Where did you invent this convenient fiction?

Brady was sacked 41 times that year.

KCJohnny
11-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Where did you invent this convenient fiction?

Brady was sacked 41 times this year.

Brady was sacked 41x in '01?

KCJohnny
11-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Vince Young and Michael Vick can't read defenses worth a shit. It's just that simple. Vick was in the NFL for almost six years, and he's still haven't figured out how to read a defense. I also think that will be the knock on Vince Young as well.

I'm merely suggesting that I want a younger QB, who is mobile enough just to escape the rush, but still keeps his head down the field, and throw the ****ing thing, perferrably right to one of our own players, instead of seeing a blitzing linebacker coming, and curling up into the fetus position five seconds before the impact.

Is it that too much to ask? :shrug:
I feel your pain, Coach, but you are being a bit tough on Huard. We were up 22-16 yesterday and 5:18 from winning 5 of the last 6 when the defense gives up the big play and the STs chokes.

Huard is not a great QB but a good leader and when he does have time to set his feet, he makes all the throws.

Last year he had 11 TDs and 1 INT - what changed? This OL has taken a giant step backward IMHO. Not to mention Huard lost his #1 WR on the first play of the season.

Molitoth
11-05-2007, 09:39 PM
blah blah blah, insert stupid stuff here, blah blah blah.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Last year he had 11 TDs and 1 INT - what changed? This OL has taken a giant step backward IMHO. Not to mention Huard lost his #1 WR on the first play of the season.

The OL was bad last year. What has changed is that Huard is being put in more passing situations and more OBVIOUS and BAD passing situations than he was last year because we can't run the ball worth a lick. There are only two quarterbacks in the league who can be consistently successfully when faced with that kind of pressure.

Asking Huard to do it is asking too much. Asking a second-year quarterback like Brodie Croyle to do it is inviting disaster.

It's not by coincidence that our best game running the ball this year was also the best game by our quarterback. And league-wide that is true more often than not.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Brady was sacked 41x in '01?

Yes sir.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 12:03 AM
I can't believe some of the lunacy I'm seeing in this thread....

Spend a 1st day pick on a FB, Bell and Wilson having trade value, make Trent Green (who is making more than any coach in the league) a QB coach (when he'd make 5-10x that much working 17 days a year). , trading for Derek Anderson, who has started fewer than 10 games, when we already have a young QB with more physical tools on the bench, who doesn't cost us anything AND when we have holes at every level of the team.

Look, I want us to have a good line again, but if the Chiefs have the option of taking the third or fourth best LT who has a second/third round draft grade when we have holes at LT, RT, OG, C, DE (possibly), WLB, CB (although too early to pick one), WR, and potentially SS, you'd have to be an absolute lunatic/1980's Jets front office to do it.

SBK
11-06-2007, 12:29 AM
I will say I bet Herm does a good job with next years draft. I hope we have a great LT fall to us, but for some reason I doubt that happens....

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:33 AM

Spend a 1st day pick on a FB, Bell and Wilson having trade value, make Trent Green (who is making more than any coach in the league) a QB coach (when he'd make 5-10x that much working 17 days a year). , trading for Derek Anderson, who has started fewer than 10 games, when we already have a young QB with more physical tools on the bench, who doesn't cost us anything AND when we have holes at every level of the team.

Look, I want us to have a good line again, but if the Chiefs have the option of taking the third or fourth best LT who has a second/third round draft grade when we have holes at LT, RT, OG, C, DE (possibly), WLB, CB (although too early to pick one), WR, and potentially SS, you'd have to be an absolute lunatic/1980's Jets front office to do it.

I basically agree with this post......most of this thread is nuts.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:38 AM
I wonder how much our running game would improve with a good fullback and a good right guard. I bet it would be amazing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 12:42 AM
I wonder how much our running game would improve with a good fullback and a good right guard. I bet it would be amazing.

You can't honestly blame the lack of a running game on those positions? Wiegmann is a complete liability in a power running game, Terry/Turley is like choosing between gonorrhea and chlamydia, and Brian Waters is looking increasingly like a product of Bill Roaf than Mike Solari.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:44 AM
You can't honestly blame the lack of a running game on those positions?

It's not just those two positions, but I think those two share a large amount of the blame. Welbourn is by far our worst linemen IMO and we have no fullback whatsoever.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:45 AM
No one on the Chiefs line is exactly good.....No one will say LJ flat out but there is a natural decline there. Now he's getting injured.....these next few years likely won't be pretty as we have this aging declining RB we can't get rid of because of his contract.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Man, have you seen how valuable Joe Thomas has been to Cleveland?
What a difference that guy has made.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 12:48 AM
It's not just those two positions, but I think those two share a large amount of the blame. Welbourn is by far our worst linemen IMO and we have no fullback whatsoever.

They dont even use a FB in alot of formations.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Most teams don't...problem is Kris Wilson is useless in his role...you could basically blow up this entire offense save 1-3 guys and it probably couldn't get much worse.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Man, have you seen how valuable Joe Thomas has been to Cleveland?
What a difference that guy has made.

That's why I said to anyone who would listen that the Raiders should have taken him #1 overall.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Most teams don't...problem is Kris Wilson is useless in his role...you could basically blow up this entire offense save 1-3 guys and it probably couldn't get much worse.

The offense needs to be blown up in the offseason. We need upgrades to at least 5 positions.

QB
3 O-linemen
FB
WR

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
The Raiders will probably take a lineman this year the class is deep.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:57 AM
The offense needs to be blown up in the offseason. We need upgrades to at least 5 positions.

QB
3 O-linemen
FB
WR

Getting a FB should be easy....of course for some reason they still see fit on wasting a roster spot on Boomer Grigsby's worthless ass.

They pretty much need to replace a ton of things...

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:59 AM

Yep. We started motioning Dunn over from his TE spot and pretending he was a fullback this week. It worked a little bit.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Getting a FB should be easy....of course for some reason they still see fit on wasting a roster spot on Boomer Grigsby's worthless ass.

They pretty much need to replace a ton of things...

Pretty funny, just a few years ago., this is the way we used to talk about the defense.

Why cant this organization ever build a balanced complete team??

Mecca
11-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Pretty funny, just a few years ago., this is the way we used to talk about the defense.

Why cant this organization ever build a balanced complete team??

Because they pick coaches that only give a shit about one side of the ball and then our lovely GM allows them far to much say in FA and the draft.

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2007, 01:13 AM
Here is who on offense needs to be replaced:
Huard
Wilson
Parker
Webb
Weigmann
Welbourn
Terry
Dunn

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Here is who on offense needs to be replaced:
Huard
Wilson
Parker
Webb
Weigmann
Welbourn
Terry
Dunn

Yea, pretty much. Kennison might need to be replaced as well. Who knows how much he has left in the tank??

Mecca
11-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Kennison not playing at all this year with a hamstring is a pretty good sign of his age catching him.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Kennison not playing at all this year with a hamstring is a pretty good sign of his age catching him.

Id like to see them sign a proven veteran WR with good hands.
Im not sure whos gonna be out there..

Direckshun
11-06-2007, 01:38 AM

I think I made it clear that I support a first day pick on a FB only if A&M's Lane is available. He has the tools to be a perennial stud.

Bell & Wilson, by the way, do have a degree of trade value. If we can get two picks for Bennett and picks for Tynes or Sims, we can get something for either of those guys.

So don't throw me out with the bathwater here. The stuff I'm suggesting isn't exactly unprecedented.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Id like to see them sign a proven veteran WR with good hands.
Im not sure whos gonna be out there..

A guy like Bryant Johnson in Arizona would be a nice guy to bring in here.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/nfl/freeagentsWR.html

Silock
11-06-2007, 02:04 AM
I don't know about the draft, but we need to sign Faneca like our lives depend on it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 02:17 AM
I think I made it clear that I support a first day pick on a FB only if A&M's Lane is available. He has the tools to be a perennial stud.

Bell & Wilson, by the way, do have a degree of trade value. If we can get two picks for Bennett and picks for Tynes or Sims, we can get something for either of those guys.

So don't throw me out with the bathwater here. The stuff I'm suggesting isn't exactly unprecedented.

Michael Bennett has been to a Pro Bowl and is still in his 20's.

You can't say that a guy with chronic injury history who was run out of Pittsburgh and can't get on the field in KC is a viable trade option.

Moreover, Parker was almost cut in the Pre-season. What team would honestly give up a draft pick for him?

Mecca
11-06-2007, 02:18 AM

So you want a ball carrying FB?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 02:18 AM
I don't know about the draft, but we need to sign Faneca like our lives depend on it.

So we can have another o-lineman on the wrong side of 30 with no long term replacement...awesome.

Pushead2
11-06-2007, 06:58 AM
So we can have another o-lineman on the wrong side of 30 with no long term replacement...awesome.

Couldn't agree more, but the sad part is as long as Peterson is in control we will never win a Super Bowl.

thehead
11-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Our line needs overhauled. We need a QB. Our #2 Qb might be good, to bad we won't know that til this time next season. If Carl signs Chad, I am boycotting the season...

Carl signs Chad ,I am done ,homer goggles in the trash. How much more Incompetent does one have to be to lose his job? I mean really enough is enough
:mad:

KCJohnny
11-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Roaf was like 29 when he came here. Pace played til he was 40 (I think). A proven commodity with the right price tage might be insurance. Heaven knows we need insurance.

Direckshun
11-06-2007, 11:09 AM
So you want a ball carrying FB?
You don't?

I want a blocking FB, but a guy with some of Wilson's versatility wouldn't hurt.

That's Lane. He's got the body of a two-ton truck FB but he has shown the ability to run the ball and great hands.

Direckshun
11-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Michael Bennett has been to a Pro Bowl and is still in his 20's.

You can't say that a guy with chronic injury history who was run out of Pittsburgh and can't get on the field in KC is a viable trade option.

Moreover, Parker was almost cut in the Pre-season. What team would honestly give up a draft pick for him?
You wouldn't have said Sims was a viable trade option but we traded him, didn't we?

You wouldn't have said Tynes was a viable trade option but we traded him, didn't we?

Honestly, I think you people believe that every team has their shit together except for the Chiefs. That no team is desperate enough to sign our rejects as if KC is the only organization to do such things.

At the end of the offseason, with all the big names acquired and only slim pickings remaining, the Chiefs traded off Tynes and Sims. No reason the same couldn't happen with Parker (who I actually think is a UFA...) or Bell.

tooge
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I know there are a ton of Herm bashers here, But I have faith in his plan. Remember, we are only half way through year 2. He was left with crap for a O line and crap for a D line, no go to receiver, no fullback, and old cornerbacks. It is gonna take 2 more drafts to get where he wants to be. He drafted D primarily in the 1st draft to at least be competitive (as defense will always keep you in a game). Now it is pretty obvious that offinse needs 80% of the retooling and defense the other20%. I would think O line would be the priority with the chiefs taking 2 or 3 linemen. then CB and maybe another reciever.

KCJohnny
11-06-2007, 12:58 PM
I know there are a ton of Herm bashers here, But I have faith in his plan. Remember, we are only half way through year 2. He was left with crap for a O line and crap for a D line, no go to receiver, no fullback, and old cornerbacks. It is gonna take 2 more drafts to get where he wants to be. He drafted D primarily in the 1st draft to at least be competitive (as defense will always keep you in a game). Now it is pretty obvious that offinse needs 80% of the retooling and defense the other20%. I would think O line would be the priority with the chiefs taking 2 or 3 linemen. then CB and maybe another reciever.

I think that is pretty fair and objective analysis. Good post, Tooge.
:thumb:

Silock
11-06-2007, 02:28 PM

If he can play for 5 or 6 years at a high level, there's absolutely no reason not to bring him in. You don't bring in lesser talent just because they're younger. You bring in the best guy. Signing him gives you more time to find a young guy in the draft and you don't have to plug your 3rd round pick in there from day 1, even if he isn't up to the task.

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm impressed that someone finally spelled "personnel" correctly.

Direckshun
11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
If he can play for 5 or 6 years at a high level, there's absolutely no reason not to bring him in. You don't bring in lesser talent just because they're younger. You bring in the best guy. Signing him gives you more time to find a young guy in the draft and you don't have to plug your 3rd round pick in there from day 1, even if he isn't up to the task.
I am a huge supporter for the Chiefs to sign Faneca.

a1na2
11-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Couldn't agree more, but the sad part is as long as Peterson is in control we will never win a Super Bowl.

I hope that you are still here when the Chiefs win the SB and Carl is still in charge.

Silock
11-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I hope that you are still here when the Chiefs win the SB and Carl is still in charge.

Well, the law of averages says that if he's here long enough, we'll eventually get lucky.

KCJohnny
11-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Well, the law of averages says that if he's here long enough, we'll eventually get lucky.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

JohnnyV13
11-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Forget Faneca, he'll be 32. I'd rather sign Ryan Lilja

Silock
11-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Unless it's digital, in which case, it's never right.