PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really give a DA*n anymore

harpes
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
After being at the game I have decided that Herm has taken a bit of my soul. I used to be shocked if we had an average game or one of those last second losses. But now I say to myself "It could have been worse". God I miss being a nervous wreck before the game and pissed or passed out after a victory.

chiefbowe82
11-04-2007, 08:17 PM
for being projected a 4-6 win team, I don't think 4-4 atop the AFC west is anything to jump off the cliff about. If we make the playoffs in again in another rebuilding year, thats fine. Just think if we could get an offensive line in the offseason we might just explode next season. My question is will the defense decline in the offseason if we ignore them, to build our line?

RustShack
11-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Donnie Edwards, Ty Law, Patrick Surtain, and Alphonso Boone arn't getting any younger.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, it's all Herm's fault. :rolleyes:

chiefbowe82
11-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Donnie Edwards, Ty Law, Patrick Surtain, and Alphonso Boone arn't getting any younger.

yeah they'll all be around next year though, and the only way our line can go is way up.

DFB
11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
God I miss being a nervous wreck before the game and pissed or passed out after a victory.

I've been on the edge of my seat almost every game this year, especially the last two games. What games are you watching? Minnie, Oakland, today...heartstoppers.

But to answer your question...Yes, absolutely I give a damn. What kind of question is that? :shake:

Buehler445
11-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Yes. I still give a damn. I want this team to win the superbowl. I know they won't this year, but that doesn't mean I dont want it to happen. It is pretty frustrating watching Huard play the game though when we've got a talented kid full of potential on the bench.

journeyscarab
11-04-2007, 08:46 PM
I still give a damn. I just get tired of seeing TV shots of Herm standing on the sideline looking perplexed or like he is still trying to figure out what to do with this team. Talk about no passion or emotion. At lease DV freaked out on the sidelines and showed passion.

Herm looks like he's trying to pick something off the value menu at McDonalds.

chiefbowe82
11-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I still give a damn. I just get tired of seeing TV shots of Herm standing on the sideline looking perplexed or like he is still trying to figure out what to do with this team. Talk about no passion or emotion. At lease DV freaked out on the sidelines and showed passion.

Herm looks like he's trying to pick something off the value menu at McDonalds.

yes thats exactly what I want to see, Herm freaking out on the sidelines!

Pablo
11-04-2007, 09:09 PM

Herm looks like he's trying to pick something off the value menu at McDonalds.Yeah, and all DV's crybaby p*ssy emotion did a whole lot for the franchise. 1 playoff apperance in 5 seasons..that's lame.

Vermeil could cry about how he loved his players and how it was such an honor to be surrounded by such great guys, but he was far from a good coach for KC. Freaking out solves nothing..cool, calm, and collected, that's the way to play and coach.

kcfanXIII
11-04-2007, 09:09 PM
i want to win, but since its only gonna happen half the time, i'm not losing sleep over a loss. i can't wait to see croyle.

dj56dt58
11-04-2007, 09:11 PM
yes thats exactly what I want to see, Herm freaking out on the sidelines!
better than standing there lookin like hes trying to remember where he parked

MadMax
11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
i want to win, but since its only gonna happen half the time, i'm not losing sleep over a loss. i can't wait to see croyle.

He'll be the guy walking the sidelines and carrying a clip board, you'll see plenty of him.. :banghead: :banghead: :deevee:

RustShack
11-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I still care about the Chiefs will always love the Chiefs and watch every game I can. I just get so pissed and say stuff I shouldn't after a loss. hopefully we can make the playoffs and win the divinsion, we just neeed changes next year.

MadMax
11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I've been on the edge of my seat almost every game this year, especially the last two games. What games are you watching? Minnie, Oakland, today...heartstoppers.

But to answer your question...Yes, absolutely I give a damn. What kind of question is that? :shake:

You think Damon can pull a magic rabbit out of his ass...We do not? STFU

keg in kc
11-04-2007, 09:16 PM
This is the second game this season I've slept through.

I'm (much) more upset that I missed the NE/Indy game.

Note to self: make sure you set the alarm for 11 AM next week.

Idiot.

gblowfish
11-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I picked them to go 8-8. So far, right on schedule.

keg in kc
11-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I picked them to go 8-8. So far, right on schedule.My preseason 10-6 looks impossible.

My week 2 7-9 looks pretty solid.

journeyscarab
11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
better than standing there lookin like hes trying to remember where he parked

My thoughts exactly. And I am not talking about DV crying AFTER the game. I am talking about the anger and passion DURING the game. I couldnt stand the post game crying crap. Herm just doesnt strike me as really being into the game.

It does make a difference if the coaches are passionate, especially during a game when the chips are down. If the leader doesn't get upset - something is wrong.

chiefbowe82
11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
My thoughts exactly. And I am not talking about DV crying AFTER the game. I am talking about the anger and passion DURING the game. I couldnt stand the post game crying crap. Herm just doesnt strike me as really being into the game.

It does make a difference if the coaches are passionate, especially during a game when the chips are down. If the leader doesn't get upset - something is wrong.

Chiefs have been behind in 8 games if I'm not mistaken and won 4 of those games, two of the games they were down by two scores. It's about keeping your composure and your will to win football games

Reerun_KC
11-04-2007, 09:33 PM
1 playoff apperances
To bad we celebrate these like other teams celebrate playoff wins and superbowl appearances...

Hey but Herm got us there and humiliated us in the process... Lets raise ticket/parking prices and talk about how we were a powerful playoff team some more...

Pablo
11-04-2007, 09:35 PM

It does make a difference if the coaches are passionate, especially during a game when the chips are down. If the leader doesn't get upset - something is wrong.All of the passion in the world couldn't lead our defense to a stop on 3rd and 25 in the DV era. He was emotional, and he played favorites..that's why Warfield was in and that's why LJ more or less sat on the bench his first two seasons, when he could have been off to an Adrian Peterson like start. Priest was amazing at the time, but DV knew LJ had talent, he could have worked him into our offensive scheme. He probably knew Larry would suplant Priest, and he wouldn't want one of his favorites coming out.

I love Priest like every other Chiefs fan, and I think he is still a quality RB, but LJ shouldn't have sat on the bench as long as he did.

jjjayb
11-04-2007, 09:41 PM
All of the passion in the world couldn't lead our defense to a stop on 3rd and 25 in the DV era. He was emotional, and he played favorites..that's why Warfield was in and that's why LJ more or less sat on the bench his first two seasons, when he could have been off to an Adrian Peterson like start. Priest was amazing at the time, but DV knew LJ had talent, he could have worked him into our offensive scheme. He probably knew Larry would suplant Priest, and he wouldn't want one of his favorites coming out.

I love Priest like every other Chiefs fan, and I think he is still a quality RB, but LJ shouldn't have sat on the bench as long as he did.

I'd take priest over lj any day. He brought so much more to the table than LJ. He could run AND block AND catch the ball. He was what made our offense tick. He left too much for D's to account for.

Pablo
11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
I'd take priest over lj any day. He brought so much more to the table than LJ. He could run AND block AND catch the ball. He was what made our offense tick. He left too much for D's to account for.I'd take LJ with the line Priest had. LJ can't block and he has limited recieving skills...LJ behind Weigman, Roaf, Shields,Waters, and Tate would have been amazing to watch.

Priest is still pretty bad-ass though..and I do like the fact he put the team before himself, and was willing to block.

Guess I've always been a fan of power runners as opposed to finesse backs.

Buehler445
11-05-2007, 01:12 AM
I'd take LJ with the line Priest had. LJ can't block and he has limited recieving skills...LJ behind Weigman, Roaf, Shields,Waters, and Tate would have been amazing to watch.

Priest is still pretty bad-ass though..and I do like the fact he put the team before himself, and was willing to block.

Guess I've always been a fan of power runners as opposed to finesse backs.

I'm with this guy.

Simplex3
11-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm quickly losing interest in the NFL as a whole, and specifically the Chiefs as well. The constant pandering to some group or another is rubbing me raw. The biggest thing is this moronic f**k-nut overseas games crap.

An NFL city gets eight games a year. EIGHT. That isn't a whole lot of entertainment. Then the NFL asks/forces these cites pony up huge amounts of tax dollars to build them stadiums so the that owners can make more money. Then they f**king take away 1/8th of your games? Are you kidding me? And this is something they want to do MORE of, not less.

F**k the NFL.

Brock
11-05-2007, 08:28 AM
what a bunch of drama queens.

DaKCMan AP
11-05-2007, 08:36 AM

Tony Dungy, Lovie Smith and Bill Belicheck are all fairly stoic during the game. Maybe if they were more passionate..

DaKCMan AP
11-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd take priest over lj any day. He brought so much more to the table than LJ. He could run AND block AND catch the ball. He was what made our offense tick. He left too much for D's to account for.

LJ did a terrible job of catching the ball yesterday. Oh, wait..