PDA

View Full Version : Pollard to Linebacker?

ChiefsCountry
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Is it just me or does anybody else think that Pollard could make a pretty good Cover 2 linebacker? He is about the same size as Donnie Edwards and Cato June and is pretty good tackler. I just dont think he has the speed for a Cover 2 safety but would make a good linebacker.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Ditto.... thought about that myself...

Direckshun
11-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Am I missing something?

He wasn't the one torched today. The bomb at the end of the game that killed us was Page. The one before that Pollard had his guy smothered with Law and the guy pulled it off anyway.

There was one play across the middle that Pollard was a step behind but he caught the guy from behind to save the TD.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I pretty much agree with this....Pollard is a hybrid tweener player for a cover 2...

I wonder if you will get jumped on for saying this like I did a few weeks ago...

ChiefsCountry
11-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Am I missing something?

He wasn't the one torched today. The bomb at the end of the game that killed us was Page. The one before that Pollard had his guy smothered with Law and the guy pulled it off anyway.

There was one play across the middle that Pollard was a step behind but he caught the guy from behind to save the TD.

I wasnt just thinking about today's game, just over the course of the season.

ClanoClar
11-04-2007, 09:42 PM
I could maybe see this working. I was seeing Page and Wesley get burned alot more than Pollard was though.

Direckshun
11-04-2007, 09:45 PM
I wasnt just thinking about today's game, just over the course of the season.
I can only vividly recall Pollard getting beat twice, which is fair for a 2nd year guy.

He is a big improvement over Sammy Knight.

Zouk
11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
No way. He is learning how to play safety in this defense - you don't just throw away two years of learning because of a couple of big plays. John Lynch played SS in Tampa in this defense and he was slower than Pollard. I still love his potential.

Mecca
11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
In his prime Lynch was faster than Pollard.....he's slower now.

ChiefsCountry
11-04-2007, 10:10 PM
No way. He is learning how to play safety in this defense - you don't just throw away two years of learning because of a couple of big plays. John Lynch played SS in Tampa in this defense and he was slower than Pollard. I still love his potential.

I just see being an average safety but potentially a pretty darn good linebacker. Thats just my opinion though.

Phobia
11-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Move him to LB so he can warm the bench? I think you put your best playmakers on the field. Safety doesn't require a lot of speed. Why do you think old corners get moved to safety when the lose a step?

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 10:16 PM
In his prime Lynch was faster than Pollard.....he's slower now.

Bullshit.

OctoberFart
11-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Bullshit.

How do you know? What did Lynch run at the combine?

Mecca
11-04-2007, 10:54 PM
He can think what he wants about it, he also said Green Bay would get killed here because they couldn't run...

And yes corners get moved to safety but it doesn't work in cover 2 because the safeties actually have more responsibility and more field to cover than the corners do.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2007, 11:01 PM
he also said Green Bay would get killed here because they couldn't run...

Sure didn't.

Phobia
11-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I wonder if you will get jumped on for saying this like I did a few weeks ago...
Why would he? He offers pretty balanced opinions on the Chiefs. So what if this one is flawed.

Zouk
11-04-2007, 11:19 PM
How do you know? What did Lynch run at the combine?

When he came out of Stanford, John Lynch ran a 4.64 40

http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/dan-pompei/20050307.html

Pollard ran a 4.57

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=12594