PDA

View Full Version : Colts Pump in Fake Crowd Noise...Audio CD Skips During Game

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-04-2007, 11:11 PM
The Colts are frauds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's....true

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, I love you...

Buehler445
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I was wondering what that was, but I couldnt tell if it was the TV audio or the audio in the arena

jjjayb
11-04-2007, 11:19 PM
They've been doing it for years. Other teams have been complaining for years. So I guess today was the battle of the cheaters.

Rain Man
11-04-2007, 11:20 PM
I just assumed that Tom Brady had willed every spectator to be quiet for a moment.

BigRock
11-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Totally funny if true, but couldn't it have been something on CBS's end? They seemed to be having technical problems off and on. I know the announcers sound fine, but the crowd and the booth are different audio feeds.

tk13
11-05-2007, 12:02 AM
I heard that during the game... I actually had my head turned away from the TV for a moment and looked back when that happened.

But that was CBS, I've heard that sound on CBS broadcasts before, probably just an error on their end. Notice no one in the stadium actually reacts to hearing that sound. Plus it sounds like a normal CBS audio mix at the beginning of the play, CBS always has the crowd cranked up high in the mix, it sounds quiet when they shut that mic off.

KcMizzou
11-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's....true

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, I love you...LMAO!

Perfect.

Direckshun
11-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Wow, that was really obvious.

tk13
11-05-2007, 12:07 AM
I forgot to add, if the Colts wanted to do that and had a brain in their head, they'd do it through a computer, not a CD. This isn't 1991.

banyon
11-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Couldn't it have been a satellite issue? That happens a lot too?

BWillie
11-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Colts fans are the most pathetic fans in the NFL.

Bob Dole
11-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Bob Dole noticed that live and thought it was just a network audio issue.

morphius
11-05-2007, 06:33 AM
I thought it was the audio feed from the crowd having an issue, not pumped in noise. But who knows.

HonestChieffan
11-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Millie Vanillie is doing half time next game

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 07:01 AM
I have family that lives in Indy, some are colts fans, most are Chiefs fans. A year or so ago, a bunch went to a colts game and said it was the loudest game they have ever been to when 40% of the crowd is sitting down watching the game quietly...

This isnt any news and has been going going on for years...

Phobia
11-05-2007, 07:08 AM
I forgot to add, if the Colts wanted to do that and had a brain in their head, they'd do it through a computer, not a CD. This isn't 1991.

Uh. Have you heard some of the vinyl they spin at the games?

Ultra Peanut
11-05-2007, 07:10 AM
I heard that during the game... I actually had my head turned away from the TV for a moment and looked back when that happened.

But that was CBS, I've heard that sound on CBS broadcasts before, probably just an error on their end. Notice no one in the stadium actually reacts to hearing that sound. Plus it sounds like a normal CBS audio mix at the beginning of the play, CBS always has the crowd cranked up high in the mix, it sounds quiet when they shut that mic off.Combover.

Bob Dole
11-05-2007, 07:15 AM

And you've never heard an MP3 playing on a computer do that same thing?

Amnorix
11-05-2007, 07:35 AM
I have family that lives in Indy, some are colts fans, most are Chiefs fans. A year or so ago, a bunch went to a colts game and said it was the loudest game they have ever been to when 40% of the crowd is sitting down watching the game quietly...

This isnt any news and has been going going on for years...

Yes, but the Patriots are the Cheatriots and this is a battle of Good (Colts) versus Evil (Cheatriots), haven't you heard?

Polian and Dungy are going to be anointed for sainthood. Belichick is Satan on earth. Get your storyline straight.

BucEyedPea
11-05-2007, 07:44 AM
The Indy Angels are going to hell though. To be with Satan...who will control them forever. LMAO

chief52
11-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Yes, but the Patriots are the Cheatriots and this is a battle of Good (Colts) versus Evil (Cheatriots), haven't you heard?

Polian and Dungy are going to be anointed for sainthood. Belichick is Satan on earth. Get your storyline straight.

Belichik sure as hell does not do himself any favors. He is treated the way he wants to be treated. He orchestrates the media...

Amnorix
11-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Belichik sure as hell does not do himself any favors. He is treated the way he wants to be treated. He orchestrates the media...

He ignores the media. He gives them nothing, and he doesn't entertain them, and they hate him for it. Even some here in Boston.

Parcells could insult and rip them apart when he was in a bad mood, but he entertained, and had connections, and would leak things from time to time, so he had "his" group of guys, and the ones on the other side of the fence were his detractors.

BB doens't bother to play their games, so they hate him.

And he wins.

And I could give a crap about the media and what they like or don't like about him. I've had very media-friendly coaches and then had to watch as, Sunday after Sunday, the Patriots playe dlike the Patsies that they were.

I'll take winning over media-unfriendly coach anyday.

And this stuff about him being evil is ridiculous. Ask his friends. Ask Jim Brown, who talks about all that BB has done for underprivileged kids, etc. He's like any other NFL coach -- just a man. Genius? No. Evil? No. Helluva football coach though...

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 07:58 AM

Call Belichick what you want, but there isnt a Chiefs fan on this planet that wouldnt trade Herm and our entire 2008 and 2009 drafts for Belichick...

It is so embarrassing as a fan to know Herm is running your team...

chief52
11-05-2007, 08:01 AM
He ignores the media. He gives them nothing, and he doesn't entertain them, and they hate him for it. Even some here in Boston.

Parcells could insult and rip them apart when he was in a bad mood, but he entertained, and had connections, and would leak things from time to time, so he had "his" group of guys, and the ones on the other side of the fence were his detractors.

BB doens't bother to play their games, so they hate him.

And he wins.

And I could give a crap about the media and what they like or don't like about him. I've had very media-friendly coaches and then had to watch as, Sunday after Sunday, the Patriots playe dlike the Patsies that they were.

I'll take winning over media-unfriendly coach anyday.

And this stuff about him being evil is ridiculous. Ask his friends. Ask Jim Brown, who talks about all that BB has done for underprivileged kids, etc. He's like any other NFL coach -- just a man. Genius? No. Evil? No. Helluva football coach though...

He plays the media. Maybe not as much as Parcells, but he plays the media. It is not as though he just ignores them. He plays them and plays how he is perceived. I sure do not think of him as evil. But I sure do not think he is treated unfairly by the media. He is treated exactly how he wants to be treated. He is playing it to perfection. Every statement he makes is well thought out and planned...orchestrated.

Dartgod
11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
It is so embarrassing as a fan to know Herm is ruining your team...
FYP

Extra Point
11-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Call Belichick what you want, but there isnt a Chiefs fan on this planet that wouldnt trade Herm and our entire 2008 and 2009 drafts for Belichick...

And throw in his staff, including the D-signal-recording camera guy.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Totally funny if true, but couldn't it have been something on CBS's end? They seemed to be having technical problems off and on. I know the announcers sound fine, but the crowd and the booth are different audio feeds.

No....if it was a broadcast problem you would have experienced sound problems in every aspect. You could still hear the commentators just fine.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 08:22 AM

But that was CBS, I've heard that sound on CBS broadcasts before, probably just an error on their end. Notice no one in the stadium actually reacts to hearing that sound. Plus it sounds like a normal CBS audio mix at the beginning of the play, CBS always has the crowd cranked up high in the mix, it sounds quiet when they shut that mic off.
No....you wouldn't have heard the commentators. It all braodcasts out on the same feed. They're using a crowd noise CD and they are busted. This is serious cheating and it needs to be addressed in the same fashion it was for the Patriots.

Dartgod
11-05-2007, 08:25 AM
No....you wouldn't have heard the commentators. It all braodcasts out on the same feed. They're using a crowd noise CD and they are busted. This is serious cheating and it needs to be addressed in the same fashion it was for the Patriots.
Well, if anyone was an expert on cheating, it would be a Donkey fan.

jAZ
11-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Sounded as much like an accidental audio feedback loop as it did a skipping CD.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Sounded as much like an accidental audio feedback loop as it did a skipping CD.

Again...if the broadcast did that then the whole thing would have been screwed up. Quit making excuses for their cheating ways.

teedubya
11-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey Garcia... 44-7 to the LIONS!!

ROFL.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 09:39 AM
I'll venture to guess that ESPiN won't even cover this.

morphius
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Again...if the broadcast did that then the whole thing would have been screwed up. Quit making excuses for their cheating ways.
Yeah, because they don't have any control over different audio feeds.

not that I wouldn't mind them getting in trouble with NFL.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah, because they don't have any control over different audio feeds.

not that I wouldn't mind them getting in trouble with NFL.

The commentators voices would have been skewed as well. They've been doing this for years and they finally got busted.

jAZ
11-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Not true.

If by "the whole thing" you mean the annoucer's voices would have been screwed up too.

The crowd mic could have been the only mic caught in the feedback loop and it would have only impacted the crowd noise.

I'm not saying that it isn't cheating. I'm saying it's entirely possible it's not. It's also entirely possible it is.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Not true.

If by "the whole thing" you mean the annoucer's voices would have been screwed up too.

The crowd mic could have been the only mic caught in the feedback loop and it would have only impacted the crowd noise.

I'm not saying that it isn't cheating. I'm saying it's entirely possible it's not. It's also entirely possible it is.

Except that's not one mic recording crowd noise. There was a single point of failure...at the CD player.

Amnorix
11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
According to folks on PatsFans.com:

1. Dale Arnold of WEEI (local sports radio) reported that Greg Aiello of hte NFL said that the NFL is investigating this;

2. someone said that it was NOT audible on the radio feed, suggesting that it was a CBS issue, not a Colts issue.

Hope the NFL looks into this, and doens't just brush it under the rug.

the Talking Can
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
oh no! extra noise!

Chief Chief
11-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Ashlee Simpson requests to make a half-time appearance at mid-field of the next Dolts home game so she can mumble a few words, dance a silly jig, and walk away...all while getting paid for it.

Amnorix
11-05-2007, 10:03 AM
FWIW, a post on a Pats group:

I'm a live audio engineer. This was NOT a broadcast thing. This is my perception of what happened. I posted this on the Pat's group on Usenet. This is a cut and paste.

The Colts have microphones placed in locations around
the stadium. They are probably somewhere in the domed
ceiling. They would be directional shotgun mics and aimed
at the crowd. They would be best aimed at the top half of
the seating so as not to pick up any field noise. When the
opposing team is on offense and before the play starts when
the QB is calling signals, the house, (Colt's), engineer turns
up these mics and feeds them through the stadium's sound
system. This is much better than pre-recorded crowd noise
because it is a perfect audible match to the environment and
there are no recordings of crowd noise to get busted with.

What happened tonight was the engineer turned up the mics
too much. This caused the mics to pick up the sound eminating
from the stadiums sound system, (the amplified crowd noise),
as well as the natural crowd noise. The result is a feedback loop.
As this loop continues to cycle through the mics and speakers
oscillation occurs. This was described as the skipping sound.
At this point the feedback is full bandwidth. This means that all of
the frequencies being reproduced by the system were present
in the loop. If you listen carefully to the recording you will hear
a midrange frequency starting to become predominant. It sounded
like something between 600hz and 800hz was starting to take off.
At this point the engineer became aware of his error and shut off
the mics. That was the abrupt drop in volume that is also on the
recording on the PFT site.

If this was an accident with one of the ref's mics, field noise would
have been pumped through the system such as player's voices. So
I don't think that this a possibility anymore.

I'm practically positive that the Colts were up to no good. Any
audio engineer with a half of brain will recognize that sound.
That includes the multitude of engineers on NFL payroll. I doubt
anything will come of it. It would be a massive scandal for the
league's pretty boy team and a member of the CC. We'll see what
Goodell is made of now. He'd have to have the stadium physically
inspected and chances are that the mics are removed after any
games. What is good is that Goodell and others will now be listening
more intently and this may be enough to make Polian back off and
stop using them. IMO the Colts are cheaters.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=606530&postcount=140

the Talking Can
11-05-2007, 10:05 AM

I'm a live audio engineer. This was NOT a broadcast thing. This is my perception of what happened. I posted this on the Pat's group on Usenet. This is a cut and paste.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=606530&postcount=140

so what?

Amnorix
11-05-2007, 10:19 AM
so what?

If they're doing that, they're cheating, as there is an NFL rule against it, punishable by a $50K fine apparently (no 1st round pick, unfortunatley).

And, more importantly (IMHO), they can stick that holier-than-thou attitude of theirs.

Pushead2
11-05-2007, 10:30 AM
$50k fine and a loss. Priceless.

dtebbe
11-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Any real audio engineer that was using the live mic'ed crowd noise would be using a delay & feedback eliminating processing to eliminate any possibility of feedback. If it was feedback, the guy who set up the system should be shot. An all in one box to do this runs under $600.

DT

dtebbe
11-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I just listened to it and it sounds like an CBS network issue to me. Sounds like a A/D-D/A converter freaked out to me. No way they would be using a CD to pipe in noise, and that was not feedback.

DT

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 10:53 AM
If they're doing that, they're cheating, as there is an NFL rule against it, punishable by a $50K fine apparently (no 1st round pick, unfortunatley).

And, more importantly (IMHO), they can stick that holier-than-thou attitude of theirs.

Yep..cheating is cheating.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I just listened to it and it sounds like an CBS network issue to me. Sounds like a A/D-D/A converter freaked out to me. No way they would be using a CD to pipe in noise, and that was not feedback.

DT

If it was CBS feed there would have been more problems. It's a CD skipping pure and simple.

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 10:54 AM
They've already been busted for this before.

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Yep..cheating is cheating.
Coming from someone who knows.

dtebbe
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
If it was CBS feed there would have been more problems. It's a CD skipping pure and simple.

No, not if it was an in-stadium link that was causing the problem. They probably have a bunch of mics ran to one small rack in the stadium where the processing, power supplies, and A-D conversion are, then a piece of coax or fiber from that rack out to the truck where the sound board is. The analog mic signals are probably converted to digital at that rack on the field, and one of those coud have freaked out. The noise was much too loud, uniform, and "direct fed" (ie. not picked up by mics, but fed directly into the broadcast chain) to have been an in-stadium problem.

DT

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
They've done it before, and they were doing it there. There's no way we would still here some of the fans, but not the multitudes, that we heard before it happened.

Dartgod
11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
They've already been busted for this before.
Didn't they get caught with speakers on the sideline directed out towards the field that they were amplifying the crowd noiose through? I remember something like this 10 or so years ago.

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 11:01 AM
No, not if it was an in-stadium link that was causing the problem. They probably have a bunch of mics ran to one small rack in the stadium where the processing, power supplies, and A-D conversion are, then a piece of coax or fiber from that rack out to the truck where the sound board is. The analog mic signals are probably converted to digital at that rack on the field, and one of those coud have freaked out. The noise was much too loud, uniform, and "direct fed" (ie. not picked up by mics, but fed directly into the broadcast chain) to have been an in-stadium problem.

DT
It was prolly not a CD. when they were busted before, it was for amplifying the crowd, not playing a CD. Whatever they were using to amplify ****ed up.

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Didn't they get caught with speakers on the sideline directed out towards the field that they were amplifying the crowd noiose through? I remember something like this 10 or so years ago.
It wasn't that long ago.

Mr. Laz
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
i've thought the Chiefs might be "looping" the crowd noise at arrowhead for awhile now.

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Abd they were doing it over the stadium speakers. just like they were in that vid.

Dartgod
11-05-2007, 11:03 AM
It wasn't that long ago.
But they did have speakers on the sideline, no?

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 11:03 AM
i've thought the Chiefs might be "looping" the crowd noise at arrowhead for awhile now.
Sounded like they were looping the visitors side yesterday.

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 11:04 AM
But they did have speakers on the sideline, no?
Not sure.

a1na2
11-05-2007, 11:13 AM

It is so embarrassing as a fan to know Herm is running your team...

You are wrong. I wouldn't want Belichick in KC. We have enough problems as it is, besides there are other coaches out there that can do what we need as a franchise.

Mr. Laz
11-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Sounded like they were looping the visitors side yesterday.
nope ..... there were packer fans all over.

the Talking Can
11-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't want Belichick in KC.

no doubt, I want no part of a smart, championship winning HC...keep him away...

BucEyedPea
11-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Yup!

"Winning with Integrity" was a sign up in one of the endzones too.

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Manning choked again in a big game-fake crowd noise can't help that.

FringeNC
11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
You are wrong. I wouldn't want Belichick in KC. We have enough problems as it is, besides there are other coaches out there that can do what we need as a franchise.

ROFL

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM

DT

I am not a master sound tech, but I design, implement, and build multi-million dollar tech systems. If it was the broadcast itself then there would have been other failures. Bottom line is you hear the thing skip repeatedly and as best I can tell it doesn't grow. That tell's me it's a CD.

Amnorix
11-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Ah, too bad.

CBS checks in

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
Following up on the crowd noise issue in the RCA Dome, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello passes along the following:
"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast. It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."
RATINGS NOTE: CBS' broadcast of the Patriots-Colts game -- nationally --earned an average overnight household rating/share of 22.5/39, which was the highest-rated Sunday afternoon NFL regular-season game on any network in the metered markets since at least 1987 (which is as far back as the network's records go). The previous high for a Sunday afternoon regular- season game was a 22.2/41 (Dallas-San Francisco; 11/10/96).

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

dtebbe
11-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I am not a master sound tech, but I design, implement, and build multi-million dollar tech systems. If it was the broadcast itself then there would have been other failures. Bottom line is you hear the thing skip repeatedly and as best I can tell it doesn't grow. That tell's me it's a CD.

I AM a SBE (http://sbe.org/) Certified Senior Broadcast Engineer with over 15 years designing, installing, and maintaining these type systems, including over 5 years on the road with CNN and Turner Broadcasting. Trust me, I know WTF I'm talking about. It most likely was a CBS audio problem between the mics and the truck outside. If vegas took bets on it, I'd put money that the colts will be cleared. Now, I'm not saying that the Colts do or do not pipe noise in, but the youtube video above is not proof one way or the other.

That dome is damn loud, we went up to the playoff game last year and the limited number of us Chiefs fans that were there made it pretty difficult for the colts, so if 5000-7000 Chiefs fans can be that loud, 40k or so Colts fans should be pretty damn loud, especially when you consider the Pats are to the Colts what the Broncos are to the Chiefs rival-wise.

DT

morphius
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
You were right and I was wrong...

... oh wait, hehe.

kstater
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
So GarciaBronco who designs implements and builds multimillion dollar systems was wrong? Or is CBS lying?

dtebbe
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
So GarciaBronco who designs implements and builds multimillion dollar systems was wrong? Or is CBS lying?

Multimillon dollar IT systems. Big difference between IT systems and broadcast systems, although broadcast systems are mostly IT based, the audio/video handling is unique.

From the CBS statement it was simply a matter of the guy running the audio board pushing the wrong button and selecting a VTR or DVR that had program audio feeding it, which would be very easy to do, especially when you consider most every input on a mobile audio console is routable (meaning that any audio input to the truck can be routed to any input on the audio console with a press of a button on the AV router).

DT

dtebbe
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
After going to the playoff game last year at Indy, and seeing how much noise 5000 or so chiefs fans could make, I really don't think Indy is piping in any crowd noise. That is one loud little building, the roof is very low compared to many other domes as well.

I think other Chiefs fans that went to that game can back me up on this one.

DT

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 04:25 PM
They've already been caght doing it before.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2007, 05:23 PM
CBS is lying through their teeth for their business partner. It was clearly a skip of crowd noise and it got turnen off.

OnTheWarpath15
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
If I were Goodell, I'd be more interested in the fact that the audio in Brady's helmet was out for most of the game.

Jamming a radio signal to the QB his a bigger issue to me than crowd noise, fake or real.

HonestChieffan
11-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Rocky Mountain News reports that the Broncos are planning to bring in loud people as stand ins for home games the balance of their season.

tk13
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Chris Mortensen just was reporting on this, and said from his personal knowledge, he's known of some network broadcasts (not on ESPN) that have pumped fake crowd noise into their own sports broadcasts. He wouldn't say this is what happened here though.

Bob Dole
11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
If I were Goodell, I'd be more interested in the fact that the audio in Brady's helmet was out for most of the game.

Jamming a radio signal to the QB his a bigger issue to me than crowd noise, fake or real.

Doesn't that usually happen only to the visitor during New England's home games?

OnTheWarpath15
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Doesn't that usually happen only to the visitor during New England's home games?

Don't know. Haven't heard of visitors complaining about that at Gillette.

Regardless of where it's happening, it needs to be addressed, IMO.

Bob Dole
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Don't know. Haven't heard of visitors complaining about that at Gillette.

Regardless of where it's happening, it needs to be addressed, IMO.

The Redskins reported communications problems at Gillette last week.

OnTheWarpath15
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
The Redskins reported communications problems at Gillette last week.

Interesting.

Didn't know that.

Should absolutely be looked into, IMO.

stanleychief
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Just a theory here, but doesn't this sort of sound happen when a D/A converter experiences an unexpected stoppage of the digital input stream? From what I recall, most D/A converters have a buffer that the bitstream is read into. At regular timed intervals, the contents of this buffer are converted into an analog waveform. If the digital stream is cut off and no fresh data is being read in, the same sample is repeatedly converted. This is why CDs skip- the input stream is interrupted by the laser pickup assembly not being able to read in the next frame.

The same problem occurs on many computer sound cards, for instance if you are listening to an mp3 and your CPU usage spikes or you experience a crash. The audio card is still playing the stream of data it had buffered, but receives no new data because the input stream has been cut off.

I could be way off, but that's just my guess.

Amnorix
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Interesting.

Didn't know that.

Should absolutely be looked into, IMO.

Has happened at Gillette. A few have complained. Others that I've read say that it happens all over the place and is not an uncommon problem.

Simply Red
11-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Okay what now?

chief52
11-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Okay what now?

???

Deberg_1990
11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Latest update:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Production-cause-of-audio-glitch-during-Pats-Co?urn=nfl,52422

The NFL has determined that an irritating sound heard during the telecast of the New England Patriots' 24-20 victory over the Indianapolis Colts Sunday was a broadcast audio glitch.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

Patriots president Jonathan Kraft approached NFL vice president of security Milt Ahlerich about the distracting noise after Kraft and his parents, Patriots owners Bob and Myra, left the Patriots locker room following the game. Kraft was angry as he told Ahlerich the league needed to look into the allegation. Ahlerich is the same person who confiscated a videotape made by the Patriots during a game against the New York Jets in Week 2 that led to the Spygate controversy.

In the past, other team executives have complained that noise has been piped into the Dome's sound system.

"We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way," the Colts said in a statement issued Monday.

However, New England quarterback Tom Brady also commented on how loud it was in the Dome.

"I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Brady said.

This is the latest in a string of incidents between the teams that have fueled the growing Colts-Pats rivalry. In the past, Colts general manager Bill Polian has vehemently argued that the Patriots have bent the rules in terms of use of replay challenges and the pass interference rule.

Calcountry
11-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Polian and Dungy are going to be anointed for sainthood. Belichick is Satan on earth. Get your storyline straight.I thought Bush was the Debil, get your punching bags straight.

Calcountry
11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Well, if anyone was an expert on cheating, it would be a Donkey fan.That, is just priceless. Roflmao.