PDA

View Full Version : Hindsight. Was Sapps INT a good thing?

Coogs
11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I only got to watch the 1st quarter and a half of the game. Had to listen to the end of the 2nd quarter. Then was only able to listen to the last two minutes of the game.

Just before Sapp intercepted, I was wondering if we would make the switch at QB to open the 2nd half. Down 6-0... maybe more if the Pack move into FG range... and looking pretty damn bad on offense.

Then Sapp intercepts and we go up 7-6 at the half.

Apparently, the offense sucked some more in the 3rd quarter, but we are still in the game down 13-7.

Question... Do you think Sapps INT kept a QB chnage being made at some point in the 3rd quarter? Maybe even to start the 3rd?

I do.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
The only thing that Sapp did was buy Horrid another ****ing week of shit football play from our QB...

I was happy and pissed as hell.. We all celebrated then realized that pass and TD run from LJ bought Horrid another half/game.

so the excitement was quickly diminished by the fact we have to witness Horrid again next sunday.

ILChief
11-05-2007, 11:45 AM
It seems like every time Huard is about to get pulled, something happens to keep him in there

Coogs
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
The only thing that Sapp did was buy Horrid another ****ing week of shit football play from our QB...

I was happy and pissed as hell.. We all celebrated then realized that pass and TD run from LJ bought Horrid another half/game.

so the excitement was quickly diminished by the fact we have to witness Horrid again next sunday.

My feelings as well. Without the INT, we are still in the game. Even at 9-0 if GB makes a FG to end the half. But as bad as the offense was, I still think Herm may have made the switch in the 3rd quarter to spark the offense.

Coogs
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
It seems like every time Huard is about to get pulled, something happens to keep him in there

Yep!

gta0012
11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Ha your pretty much right on.

Worst thing is the Defense KEPT US IN THE GAME!!!!!!

Huard ****ing kept himself starting and did nothing for the team.

stevieray
11-05-2007, 12:32 PM
My feelings as well. Without the INT, we are still in the game. Even at 9-0 if GB makes a FG to end the half. But as bad as the offense was, I still think Herm may have made the switch in the 3rd quarter to spark the offense.

why? He didn't pull the trigger against Indy.

Coogs
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
why? He didn't pull the trigger against Indy.

I don't know. It was just a feeling I had. Maybe because on TV when I was watching, the announcers kept talking about Croyle comming in. And when they showed Croyle warming up after the 2nd possession, I was thinking Herm must be thinking it over already.

Demonpenz
11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
They had a long clip of Stevieray on the fox broadcast. Aikman said something like "nice muttonchops' I screamed out "It's stevieray in HD!"
pretty funny

stevieray
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't know. It was just a feeling I had. Maybe because on TV when I was watching, the announcers kept talking about Croyle comming in. And when they showed Croyle warming up after the 2nd possession, I was thinking Herm must be thinking it over already.

Croyle is one play from being the starter, as shown yesterday. Huard has been playing hurt and getting hit all year, so his toughness comes into play...

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I felt like Croyle had a shot to come in just before half or after the half. I was at the game and kept seeing him kinda warm up and then grab his helmet at times. Makes you wonder how close Herm is.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Croyle is one play from being the starter, as shown yesterday. Huard has been playing hurt and getting hit all year, so his toughness comes into play...
I like how tough huard is and he tries real hard, but sucks as a starter. Definetly a quality backup, hell Tom Brady beat him out!!!!!!!

Coogs
11-05-2007, 12:44 PM

I know you are talking injury, but I am thinking that one play may have been Sapps INT yesterday.

The Bad Guy
11-05-2007, 12:44 PM

I'm sorry that you're so miserable that you can't enjoy when this team actually scores a TD.

I want Croyle too, but football season is 16 weeks, and I'll never, ever let my excitement diminish over scoring a touchdown.

DFB
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I felt like Croyle had a shot to come in just before half or after the half. I was at the game and kept seeing him kinda warm up and then grab his helmet at times. Makes you wonder how close Herm is.

It has nothing to do with Herm pulling the trigger. It has to do with Huard getting killed behind this OL. Did you see the graphic Fox did on Huard's injuries? Brutal. Brodie was warming up because Huard was getting pounded.

StcChief
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
It's mid-season..... maybe the Dungver game if Huard is getting jacked up.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 12:48 PM
It has nothing to do with Herm pulling the trigger. It has to do with Huard getting killed behind this OL. Did you see the graphic Fox did on Huard's injuries? Brutal. Brodie was warming up because Huard was getting pounded.
I really wanted will shields to suit up during the game. If anyone didn't see, he was honored at half time and was a few seats away from where i sat (he was in the middle glass thing on club level)

stevieray
11-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I know you are talking injury, but I am thinking that one play may have been Sapps INT yesterday.

Lenny always says that a game comes down to a couple of plays, but I don't and INT that led to a TD drive is one of them...

I don't think that Huard is that close to being pulled. We can't all sit here and proclaim (and rightfully so) that the Oline sucks, then turn around and blame the QB.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
It really could be worse, we could have David Carr.

DFB
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I don't think that Huard is that close to being pulled. We can't all sit here and proclaim (and rightfully so) that the Oline sucks, then turn around and blame the QB.

You're absolutely right. Yet everyone does for some reason. :shake:

Coogs
11-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Lenny always says that a game comes down to a couple of plays, but I don't and INT that led to a TD drive is one of them...

I don't think that Huard is that close to being pulled. We can't all sit here and proclaim (and rightfully so) that the Oline sucks then turn around blame the QB.

I was not saying anything about the O-Line. On TV they were showing Croyle warming up early. And they commented on Croyle taking 40% of the snaps during practice with the first team. Said that was unheard of for a 2nd string QB.

I'm just had the feeling a QB change was about to be made, and Sapp's INT could have been the difference in that change being made.

dirk digler
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I want Croyle too, but football season is 16 weeks, and I'll never, ever let my excitement diminish over scoring a touchdown.

Even if we are down 40-7?

Chiefnj2
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Herm isn't going to pull Huard until KC is out of the race for the west. (Not likely this year).

What Herm should do is declare Huard the starter for the season. Take some pressure off the guy so he isn't afraid that the first INT he throws might be his last.

stevieray
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
I was not saying anything about the O-Line. On TV they were showing Croyle warming up early. And they commented on Croyle taking 40% of the snaps during practice with the first team. Said that was unheard of for a 2nd string QB.

I'm just had the feeling a QB change was about to be made, and Sapp's INT could have been the difference in that change being made.

Wouldn't Sapp's int be a good time to make the decision, with a momentum changing play? I just don't think that drive was Huard's last chance before being pulled.

OnTheWarpath15
11-05-2007, 01:03 PM
You're absolutely right. Yet everyone does for some reason. :shake:

Probably because there are other QB's in this league succeeding with just as poor of a running game, and being sacked more.

Coogs
11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Wouldn't Sapp's int be a good time to make the decision, with a momentum changing play? I just don't think that drive was Huard's last chance before being pulled.

I might have been. But pulling Huard on the lead and losing the game would have opened up a lot of scond guessing against Croyle that I don't think Herm wants to face just yet. I think he can deal with defending the second guessing against Huard.

And I agree with you last statement as well. Herm may have left Huard in down 6-0 at half. But 13-0 late in the 3rd with the offense still floundering may have been a different deal.

I still think Sapp's INT late in the 2nd was Huard saving grace Sunday.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I still think Sapp's INT late in the 2nd was Huard saving grace Sunday.

that and King Carls presence on the sideline when Croyle started warming up..

Come hell or high water, Carl will sink this team and season proving that Horrid gives us the best chance to lose now.

he will not risk what little integrity he has by letting croyle play and prove him wrong. No way no how.. Horrid goes down, some shitty vet will come in off the street and he will plug him in... Just part of Carls 5 year plan.

DFB
11-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Herm isn't going to pull Huard until KC is out of the race for the west. (Not likely this year).

What Herm should do is declare Huard the starter for the season. Take some pressure off the guy so he isn't afraid that the first INT he throws might be his last.

Yes. Absolutely.

splatbass
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
he will not risk what little integrity he has by letting croyle play and prove him wrong. No way no how.. Horrid goes down, some shitty vet will come in off the street and he will plug him in... Just part of Carls 5 year plan.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a longtime. There is no doubt that if Huard goes down Croyle will go in. Where do you get this stuff?

Rain Man
11-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Dear lord. Croyle must be the most highly touted third-round pick in the history of football.

FAX
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
If Croyle had a beard, he would have a remarkable resemblence to Jesus.

That's all I need to know.

FAX

Rain Man
11-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Tom Brady Jesus or Messiah Jesus?

Bump
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
ya Sapp never should have picked that off, he should be cut for that

Coogs
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM

That is not what I meant at all.

Lzen
11-05-2007, 03:46 PM

You know, if they would have just cut Benny after his tirade in the Cincy game, this never would have happened. Damn it, Carl! :p

Bump
11-05-2007, 03:49 PM
That is not what I meant at all.

No I know, I was just jokin' with ya. I see your point, I would love that a$$ clown Damon Huard to sit on that pine more than anyone. But something tells me Herman Edwards wouldn't have benched Huard even if he threw for 5 ints in the 1st half. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with Huard all season long and continue to lead the league in 3 and outs