PDA

View Full Version : Chase Daniel Big XII Offensive Player of the Week

Frazod
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Apparently the conference officials have weighed in on which victory was more impressive this weekend.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/347376.html

Posted on Mon, Nov. 05, 2007
Tiger quarterback’s career day merits league honor

By MIKE DeARMOND
The Kansas City Star
At the end of the first quarter of Missouri’s football game at Colorado on Saturday, the likely Big 12 Conference Offensive Player of the Week was Todd Reesing of Kansas.

The Jayhawks’ quarterback had already thrown for 354 yards and six touchdowns in KU’s throttling of Nebraska.

But on Monday the award went to Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel, for the second time this season and fourth time in Daniel’s 22 career starts.

After completing only 4 of 14 passes in the first quarter, Daniel used the final two and a half quarters to post career passing numbers as the sparkplug to Mizzou’s 55-10 blowout at Boulder.

Daniel wound up 26 of 44 passing for 421 yards and five TD throws, the yards and TD totals career highs.
“If you don’t play catch in our offense, what’s you’re doing is you’re stopping yourself,” MU Coach Gary Pinkel said on Monday of the way drops and poor throws began the game in Boulder.

“Everybody kept their poise. Eventually we’ll work out of it. And fortunately we did.”

Ebolapox
11-05-2007, 04:03 PM
he's definately a soulja boy.

JBucc
11-05-2007, 04:04 PM
HIJACK!!

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=9857&change_well_id=2

SEC Football Players of the Week Announced

SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DARREN McFADDEN
Tailback
ARKANSAS
6-2 • 215 • Junior
Little Rock, Ark. (Pulaski Oak Grove HS)

# McFadden rushed for a UA record and a SEC record tying 321 yards and one TD on 34 carries as well as throwing for a TD in Arkansas’ 48-36 win over No. 23 South Carolina.
# The 321 yards are the most ever by an individual in an SEC game and the second-highest rushing output this season by an individual in NCAA play.
# McFadden racked up a total of 355 all-purpose yards. The total was a UA record breaking his own record of 315 yards last season also against South Carolina.
# He leads the SEC in rushing this season and is currently fifth on the SEC career rushing yardage charts.

kcchiefsus
11-05-2007, 04:05 PM
http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=9857&change_well_id=2

DARREN McFADDEN
Tailback
ARKANSAS
6-2 • 215 • Junior

# McFadden rushed for a UA record and a SEC record tying 321 yards and one TD on 34 carries as well as throwing for a TD in Arkansas’ 48-36 win over No. 23 South Carolina.
# The 321 yards are the most ever by an individual in an SEC game and the second-highest rushing output this season by an individual in NCAA play.
# McFadden racked up a total of 355 all-purpose yards. The total was a UA record breaking his own record of 315 yards last season also against South Carolina.
# He leads the SEC in rushing this season and is currently fifth on the SEC career rushing yardage charts.

I don't think anybody cares. We're talking big 12 football here.

HemiEd
11-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Who?

smittysbar
11-05-2007, 04:15 PM
HIJACK!!

DARREN McFADDEN
Tailback
ARKANSAS
6-2 • 215 • Junior

Who gives a shit

JBucc
11-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Who gives a shitYour avatar sucks.

kcchiefsus
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Your avatar sucks.

Maybe, maybe not. That's not the point.

The fact still stands that nobody gives a crap about some damn SEC team.

JBucc
11-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Maybe, maybe not. That's not the point.

The fact still stands that nobody gives a crap about some damn SEC team.I do not think you get the joke.

smittysbar
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Huard Sucks....am I on to something

beer bacon
11-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Who?

We're talking about Chance McDanielson over here!

JBucc
11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Huard Sucks....am I on to somethingI made it.

smittysbar
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Saw it on a thread last night. About fell out of my chair, hope ya don't mind if I use it for a while. My software would only let me resize it to 100 by 100.

JBucc
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
You can use it. I don't mind.

HemiEd
11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
We're talking about Chance McDanielson over here!

Who? :D

DaKCMan AP
11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Who gives a shit

STFU n00b

smittysbar
11-05-2007, 04:56 PM
STFU n00b

Thanks! Wondered how long it would take........:rolleyes:

Stewie
11-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Woohoo Chase! Crown their asses! :rolleyes:

kstater
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Did either Nebraska safety win the defensive honors?

Stewie
11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Did either Nebraska safety win the defensive honors?

Nope. Those went to Iowa Prostrate.

KChiefs1
11-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow! I'm a little surprised because of all of the high octane performances this week.

He definitely has a leg up on the All Big 12 QB & Big 12 POY awards

Braincase
11-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Just goes to show you how far Nebraska is fallen. Every Tom, Dick and Harry is supposed to rack up 78 on Nebraska.

KCFalcon59
11-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I would have preferred to see Reesing get it, but they couldn't go wrong with either choice. Chase Daniels is more impressive every game he plays.

CoMoChief
11-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I would have preferred to see Reesing get it, but they couldn't go wrong with either choice. Chase Daniels is more impressive every game he plays.
Yeah Im surprised Reesing didn't get it as well considering what KU did to them offensively.

As for Daniel, it wasn't really anything he hasn't done over the course of the season.

Tits McGee
11-05-2007, 06:43 PM
You can't argue with the conference officials.
It's science....

Eleazar
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
I think it should have gone to Joe Ganz, for his 400yd 4 TD performance, helping hang 40 on Kansas.

Mr. Laz
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Apparently the conference officials have weighed in on which victory was more impressive this weekend.
or Chase did was comes natural for MUrons and drops to his knees and performed fellatio on each and every voter.

Frazod
11-05-2007, 08:35 PM
or Chase did was comes natural for MUrons and drops to his knees and performed fellatio on each and every voter.

Nah, that's how you get a schedule that doesn't feature Texas or Oklahoma. :)

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:40 PM
In the Heisman race...

McFadden>Daniels

Daniels is a very nice QB though.

Frazod
11-05-2007, 08:44 PM
In the Heisman race...

McFadden>Daniels

Honestly, it's just nice to have a Missouri quarterback whose name can be mentioned in the same sentence with the word Heisman. I have no delusions about him actually winning it.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Honestly, it's just nice to have a Missouri quarterback whose name can be mentioned in the same sentence with the word Heisman. I have no delusions about him actually winning it.He's a junior, right?

Maybe next year..but I dunno about their offense. I know Rucker is a senior, what about Temple or Coffman(sp?)?

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
He's a junior, right?

Maybe next year..but I dunno about their offense. I know Rucker is a senior, what about Temple or Coffman(sp?)?
Temple's a senior, no big loss imo there. Coffman is a junior. They will probably be re-loaded with talent as well. What WR/TE wouldn't want to play in this offense?

Frazod
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
He's a junior, right?

Honestly, I haven't given it much thought. But I don't think any of our kids will get enough attention on a national level.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Temple's a senior, no big loss imo there. Coffman is a junior. They will probably be re-loaded with talent as well. What WR/TE wouldn't want to play in this offense?One that had the ability to play at Texas or OU...

It's probably gonna take more than one good season of MU football to bring in bigrecruits..and more like 5 or 6 years of solid football.

Last year Mizzou fell apart at the end of the season..this year remains to be seen.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 08:53 PM
One that had the ability to play at Texas or OU...

It's probably gonna take more than one good season of MU football to bring in bigrecruits..and more like 5 or 6 years of solid football.

Last year Mizzou fell apart at the end of the season..this year remains to be seen.
We have some major playmakers, i have no doubt they'll bring in some pretty good players. I like Washington at RB as well, and what else can you say about Maclin as well.

Eleazar
11-05-2007, 08:54 PM
In the Heisman race...

McFadden>Daniels

Daniel.

We only have one.

Tits McGee
11-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Maclin is a Fr.
Dom. Johnson is a So.
Coffman is a Jr.
Temple is a Sr.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Last year Mizzou fell apart at the end of the season..this year remains to be seen.4-star TE Andrew Jones is committed to MU for next year. Also, I think Coffman plays one more year. Alexander, Maclin, Perry, et al. return as well.

beer bacon
11-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Temple's a senior, no big loss imo there. Coffman is a junior. They will probably be re-loaded with talent as well. What WR/TE wouldn't want to play in this offense?

We are set for next year: Daniel, Coffman, Maclin, Alexander, Perry, Washington, and Jackson. We just got a commit from another great TE, and Drew Temple will be arriving soon.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 09:42 PM
We are set for next year: Daniel, Coffman, Maclin, Alexander, Perry, Washington, and Jackson. We just got a commit from another great TE, and Drew Temple will be arriving soon.
we'll just keep bringing in future jason wittens, tony gonzalez's to keep the great TE tradition going. :)

I like our future, success next year is likely, improving the talent for the following year etc.

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Chase Daniel....who's that? :shrug:

Is that some University of San Francisco Tight End or some similar shit? :hmmm:

;)

:p

teedubya
11-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Darren McFadden is going to be top 5 pick, if he leaves early... I would leave early... Arkansas is losing their stud WR, so might as well go to NFL...

duncan_idaho
11-05-2007, 11:13 PM
He's a junior, right?

Coffman returns unless he's a sure-fire first-round choice (and he won't be projected there this season).

Jeremy Maclin returns, as does Danario Alexander (who earned the starting job over Maclin before breaking a bone in his wrist against Illinois). 2006 freshman All-American Jared Perry can't get on the field right now. He will again next year.

Freshman Derrick Washington already might be better than Temple, who really has had a very disappointing year. He won't be a huge loss. Jimmy Jackson will return as a senior and is also just as productive as Temple.

The offensive line returns three of five starters and will rotate more athletic players with decent experience into the open spots.

As for recruiting... Missouri already has a commitment from a junior QB who likely will be a five-star (Blaine Dalton from BSS) and is the leader for five-star QB Blaine Gabbert. Think those qualify as big-time recruits...

|Zach|
11-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Hey! This is a Mizzou thread!!

ROFL

eazyb81
11-06-2007, 12:59 AM

FYI, Maclin originally committed to OU before coming to Mizzou, and incoming stud TE Andrew Jones had an offer from OU from stayed home.

keg in kc
11-06-2007, 04:10 AM
I wonder what the deciding factor was.

30-41 for 354 yards and 6 TD

vs

26-44 for 421 yards, 5 TD and 1 INT

beer bacon
11-06-2007, 05:12 AM
I wonder what the deciding factor was.

30-41 for 354 yards and 6 TD

vs

26-44 for 421 yards, 5 TD and 1 INT

One of them played a solid team away. The other was up against Nebraska.

Saulbadguy
11-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Which is pretty interesting, the previous 4 Big XII OPOW were opponents of Nebraska.

Braincase
11-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Nah, that's how you get a schedule that doesn't feature Texas or Oklahoma. :)

We must not have down it very well then, because we get to face both of 'em in the same year. frazod knows damn good and well that over the course of 10 years, KU and Mizzou will see Texas and Oklahoma the same number of times.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Colorado was 5-4 going into the weekend and Nebraska was 4-5.

CU was really solid, so they had one upset win and they're solid?

The only reason everyone is making such a big deal about NU being terrible is because they have something great to compare them to. CU hasn't had any glory days in my lifetime, so I guess if you want to call them solid, that's fair.

I think they both played weak teams, and trounced them, given MU was away and KU was at home.

Bob Dole
11-06-2007, 01:07 PM

The only reason everyone is making such a big deal about NU being terrible is because they have something great to compare them to. CU hasn't had any glory days in my lifetime, so I guess if you want to call them solid, that's fair.

You were born after 1990?

Pablo
11-06-2007, 01:13 PM
You were born after 1990?1986..and as long as I've been watching and understanding football, I've never really thought much of anything about CU. I've watched highlights showing Kordell Stewart making some pass or something like that and it's supposed to be one of their most amazing moments. Didn't impress me mcuh.

bkkcoh
11-06-2007, 01:18 PM

I think they both played weak teams, and trounced them, given MU was away and KU was at home.

What is more impressive, beating a team on the road by 45 points or beating a team that has averaged giving up 40+ pts a game for the last 4 or 5 games at home?

Pablo
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
What is more impressive, beating a team on the road by 45 points or beating a team that has averaged giving up 40+ pts a game for the last 4 or 5 games at home?Both are fairly unimpressive, given the opponents. Neither one surprised me. The margins of victory are still relatively close. Two offenses totally blew their opponents out...

bkkcoh
11-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Both are fairly unimpressive, given the opponents. Neither one surprised me. The margins of victory are still relatively close. Two offenses totally blew their opponents out...

But doing that on the road in college is more impressive imho. It is expected to do that to the weak sisters of the poor at home. Kinda of like the pre-conference cup cake schedule of the Ohio State Buckeyes.

Eleazar
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm waiting to hear why:

Nebraska > Colorado
Home win > Road win
Winning by 37 > Winning by 45
Giving up 39 points > Giving up 10 points

Pablo
11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
But doing that on the road in college is more impressive imho. It is expected to do that to the weak sisters of the poor at home. Kinda of like the pre-conference cup cake schedule of the Ohio State Buckeyes.Where is Lewis Center at in Ohio? I've got family in Marietta, in the SE corner of the state. Big Buckeyes fans of course...

Ohio State did have a cupcake schedule, but they've proven their worth in the last couple of weeks, and I expect them to win out and beat MU at Ann Arbor. Wells is a stud, Boeckman to Robiskey is money, and the D is stacked.

kepp
11-06-2007, 01:42 PM
They seemed to play KU pretty solid.

bkkcoh
11-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Where is Lewis Center at in Ohio? I've got family in Marietta, in the SE corner of the state. Big Buckeyes fans of course...

Ohio State did have a cupcake schedule, but they've proven their worth in the last couple of weeks, and I expect them to win out and beat MU at Ann Arbor. Wells is a stud, Boeckman to Robiskey is money, and the D is stacked.

Lewis Center is a around the Columbus Ohio area, just north.

jAZ
11-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I'll take TDs over yards any day.

Frazod
11-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Sure, if your definition of "pretty solid" is losing by 37 points. That's pretty solid..or not.

Uh, you did not beat Colorado by 37 points.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Uh, you did not beat Colorado by 37 points.This is true. I suppose I was still hung up on KU/NU. Didn't even really read the post correctly. I shall correct this.

Frazod
11-06-2007, 09:26 PM
This is true. I suppose I was still hung up on KU/NU. Didn't even really read the post correctly. I shall correct this.

I assumed you misread it.