PDA

View Full Version : And you think YOUR cube at work is bad...

gblowfish
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
A little something for those of us who have to work in cube farms.
One of the finalists in Wired "Bad Cube" Contest!

http://www.uignorantslut.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7432#p30882

A multibillion-dollar marine-terminals company decided to put its IT contractor inside a 40-foot steel cargo container. He calls it "the hamster cage." To get electricity, he ran a 100-foot extension cord to a power substation. In the winter, a small electric heater provided white noise, but little warmth. When it rained, he had to close himself in. And you think you have trouble getting a wireless signal....

gblowfish
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
A pic of the 'hamster cage" cube:

Simplex3
11-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Either they pay GREAT or that IT guy sucks ass.

JBucc
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
There's a place in England where they stack those up and live in them.

Fish
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm not a member of www.uignorantslut.com

gblowfish
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm not a member of www.uignorantslut.com
Ahhh...that's right, Jane. You're not. Sorry bout that.
Only the special girls get to join "Uignorantslut."

Try this link:
http://tinyurl.com/2hpb4e

Fish
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Ahhh...that's right, Jane. You're not. Sorry bout that.
Only the special girls get to join "Uignorantslut."

Try this link:
http://tinyurl.com/2hpb4e

:thumb:

Thanks.....

Rain Man
11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey, DaFace, come to my office, will you? I just had a great idea about how to save some rent money.

Seriously, these are the worst cubicles in America? No way. When I was in the defense industry, I would've killed for one of these. My first desk was in a megacubicle with 20 other people - two rows of ten desks each, with the next guy's desk two feet in front of mine and another guy's desk two feet behind mine. If you looked over the five foot walls that penned us in, all the eye could see was other mega-cubicles. I bet there were 500 people in one big room. Ask patteeu and he'll confirm it.

It was quite pleasing to get transferred to patteeu's project, because we only had four people per cubicle there in another room of 500 people.

StcChief
11-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey, DaFace, come to my office, will you? I just had a great idea about how to save some rent money.

Seriously, these are the worst cubicles in America? No way. When I was in the defense industry, I would've killed for one of these. My first desk was in a megacubicle with 20 other people - two rows of ten desks each, with the next guy's desk two feet in front of mine and another guy's desk two feet behind mine. If you looked over the five foot walls that penned us in, all the eye could see was other mega-cubicles. I bet there were 500 people in one big room. Ask patteeu and he'll confirm it.

It was quite pleasing to get transferred to patteeu's project, because we only had four people per cubicle there in another room of 500 people.

"the Bull-pen's" at McDonnell Douglas were legendary for Engineers. no walls. Only walled area were area supervisors.