PDA

View Full Version : A.J. Smith

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Here's to your ego. :toast: Thanx for destrying our rival.

Buck
11-05-2007, 07:03 PM
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Sure-Oz
11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Where is marty now days?

Basileus777
11-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks for bringing in Norv. Thanks for getting rid of Brees to keep Phillip Rivers, who has been awful since mid-season last year. Here is to you AJ Smith. :toast:

KCJohnny
11-05-2007, 07:23 PM
LOL!~
We're in first because everyone else in the AFC Worst stinks! Herm's version of Divisional BucBall, eh?

The uglier, the better, right Herm?

Right now the AFCW is butt ugly.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/icons/poop-icon.gif

Mecca
11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Blame their owner who wouldn't let him fire Marty when he wanted to so he was stuck with having shitty coaches to choose from...he wanted to fire Marty right after the year.

Buehler445
11-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Blame their owner who wouldn't let him fire Marty when he wanted to so he was stuck with having shitty coaches to choose from...he wanted to fire Marty right after the year.

Oh come on Mecca, you can't tell me it is just a little funny what happened to the Chargers. Hubris anyone?

Skip Towne
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Looks like the wrong guy got fired.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Face it, Mecca is just a closet Bolts fan.

He's just here to spread disinformation about the Chiefs.

SPchief
11-05-2007, 10:04 PM
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Are you the artist formerly known as BNK?

Mecca
11-05-2007, 10:50 PM
That's nice and all but if AJ Smith got fired teams would lineup....he's easily a top 5 GM.

BWillie
11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
That's nice and all but if AJ Smith got fired teams would lineup....he's easily a top 5 GM.

So getting rid of a coach that goes 14-2 and an MVP type caliber QB in Drew Brees was a good idea?

The Chargers have effectively lost two more games in half a season than they did all of last season. Phillip Rivers hasn't been the answer either. He is having a year as bad or worse than Damon Huard. Brees started off rough this year, but is proving he's a top QB in this league. He's been lighting it up.

If I was a bolts fan, I'd want to hang AJ Smith about now

dirk digler
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM

He is good but he has damaged his reputation significantly with the coaches by the handling of the Marty situation.

pikesome
11-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Him getting another job really doesn't mean he's any good. Norv Turner, Art Shell, so on and so forth, the NFL retreads FO people.

I don't think he's bad at what he does, it's his failure to handle the situation regardless of who's fault it is. If the owner didn't want to fire Marty, AJ should have buried the hatchet. If Marty was provoking a firing, you have to wonder why he'd go to that trouble. At the end of the day the GM has to know his place too, it appears AJ thought he was either more important or more intelligent than he really was.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:00 AM
So getting rid of a coach that goes 14-2 and an MVP type caliber QB in Drew Brees was a good idea?

The Chargers have effectively lost two more games in half a season than they did all of last season. Phillip Rivers hasn't been the answer either. He is having a year as bad or worse than Damon Huard. Brees started off rough this year, but is proving he's a top QB in this league. He's been lighting it up.

If I was a bolts fan, I'd want to hang AJ Smith about now

Rivers started last year when they went 14-2........Brees last year there was the 9-7 playoff miss team.

QB's take time and that move was a money decision, they couldn't keep them both.

Say as you will about Marty this and Marty that he wanted to fire him right after the year. A lot of that blame has to go on the owner who didn't ok it till every coaching spot was filled. Marty didn't win a playoff game there can't really say that he would have....his history is that he wouldn't of.

I suspect after this year when they can actually hire a coach at the start of the offseason they'll be better next year.

Also the Smith/Marty stuff goes both ways. AJ Smith wouldn't draft a guy just cause Marty liked him. He drafted and made player moves based on talent not coaches favorites. Can't say he's been wrong there at all.