PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather have Rex Grossman or Chad Pennington?

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Would you rather have Rex Grossman or Chad Pennington?

I don't think either is really likely, but those two are sure to be FA's in the offseason and I wouldn't put it past Carl to bring either one of these collosal failures here to KC for "insurance" purposes.

Which one would you rather have? Although I know that neither are really viable options...

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I really hope that this situation doesn't play out, but I'd probably have to take Pennington.

kstater
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I'd rather have Todd Collins.

Nightfyre
11-05-2007, 08:13 PM
This is like choosing between having my left or right nut blown off.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 08:14 PM
It would be like having to chose between sleeping with Rosanne Barr or sticking your dick in a blender...

Neither are very good options....

Chiefs Pantalones
11-05-2007, 08:14 PM
IMO, Croyle won't be the starter next year either. We'll trade for or sign a vet QB. Bank on it.

As long as Carl is GM, we won't be starting Croyle. It would be too risky, in his eyes.

I'm hoping for either McNabb or Anderson.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-05-2007, 08:15 PM
It would be like having to chose between sleeping with Rosanne Barr or sticking your dick in a blender...

ROFL nice

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
IMO, Croyle won't be the starter next year either. We'll trade for or sign a vet QB. Bank on it.

As long as Carl is GM, we won't be starting Croyle. It would be too risky, in his eyes.

I'm hoping for either McNabb or Anderson.F*ck McNabb..he's the epitome of washed-up, Anderson has looked pretty damn good. Cleveland would be have to be fools to let him go. Brady Quinn has great potential, and I think he has a chance to be their QB someday, but you don't release a guy that's playing as well as Anderson.

The Browns are 5-3, that's amazing. That's where we should be.

Ebolapox
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
ugh. neither.

Ebolapox
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
F*ck McNabb...

rush limbaugh?

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
rush limbaugh?Haha..not quite. He's just not what he used to be, and he'll probably never be an elite QB in this league again.

cdcox
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Those guys are more qualified to perform brain surgery than to QB the Chiefs.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Those guys are more qualified to perform brain surgery than to QB the Chiefs.
I don't know about that, judging by the constant dumbass look Rex has plastered on his face I doubt there's much going on upstairs...

They're both pretty qualified to be trash-men..because that's what they are. Total garbage.

pikesome
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
If it was one of the two or not field a team and I'm the HC, I'd think for a moment about staying home to search my 2 live-in sons' rooms for drugs then, holding my nose, go with Rex. Rex can win a game for you, he can also lose it pretty damn easy too. Pennington needs to retire, quit, whatever they call it when you're washed up and you stop darkening the NFL's doorstep.

Ultra Peanut
11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Joe Montana.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Jeez, thats Damon Huard 2 and 3.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Jeez, thats Damon Huard 2 and 3.That's harsh. Huard sucks, but he's still miles ahead of these two d-bags.

jjchieffan
11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
F*ck McNabb..he's the epitome of washed-up, Anderson has looked pretty damn good. Brady Quinn has great potential, and I think he has a chance to be their QB someday, but you don't release a guy that's playing as well as Anderson.

They would be crazy to release him, but, with Quinn on the bench with a fat contract, a trade would not be out of reason. After the great year he has had, Andersons value has sky rocketed. If someone offered a first or second round pick for him, the Browns would be crazy not to take it. Many QBs have had a great first year and then either got injured, or just dropped off in production. Andersons value may never be this high again, and, if you wait until he is a free agent, you cant afford to resign him with Quinn already sitting on a big contract, then you get nothing for him. QB controversy becomes inevitable as well.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
That's harsh. Huard sucks, but he's still miles ahead of these two d-bags.No, Huard isnt any better. These guys are cut from the same mold. Imagine Huard without TG to lob it to.

Eleazar
11-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd rather have Gordon Shumway

Frazod
11-05-2007, 09:21 PM
My God, what a horrible thought. EITHER ONE.

I don't think Grossman or Pennington is as good as Huard, and he sucks dog balls.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 09:21 PM
No, Huard isnt any better. These guys are cut from the same mold. Imagine Huard without TG to lob it to.

So with out TGonzo Huard would be?????? Huard?????

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
My God, what a horrible thought. EITHER ONE.

I don't think Grossman or Pennington is as good as Huard, and he sucks dog balls.
no thanks to any of those 3.....

would rather see what Croyle has....

Pablo
11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
No, Huard isnt any better. These guys are cut from the same mold. Imagine Huard without TG to lob it to.Eh..when Huard gets adequate protection and doesn't fall down in terror, he makes some pretty accurate passes..when you watch Grossman you wonder if he's color-blind. He just throws to whoever is the furthest down the field, regardless of jersey color.

Easy 6
11-05-2007, 09:27 PM
The ONLY acceptable pick is Rex Pennington, who sports not only a Soap heavies name...but he also has Rex' arm & Chads brain.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
What kind of sadistic bastard would make people choose between these two options

the Talking Can
11-05-2007, 09:37 PM
doesn't matter, I wouldn't watch either....can barely watch Huard...

Pablo
11-05-2007, 09:37 PM
What kind of sadistic bastard would make people choose between these two optionsI know..these are the kind of things that wake me up in cold sweats at night..

"Grossman drops back..he's looking for Bowe deep..oh, he underthrew him by about 15 yards, Champ Bailey grabs the INT and runs it back for six."

It's such a horrifically terrible decision..

pikesome
11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
What kind of sadistic bastard would make people choose between these two options
http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/saw-2-jigsaw.jpg

KCJohnny
11-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Derek Anderson makes sense - but will the Dawgs let him go, and at what cost?

I would happy with McNabb as a salty old vet but he would overshadow Croyle and when Croyle has his bad days (multiple picks, fumbles, etc...) everyone of you would be clamoring for McNabb. I remember the clamor for Warren Moon when he was KC's back up...

Chad could succeed in the right system but would need a stronger supporting cast than DH has now. Huard's actually a better QB at this point. When Huard can set his feet, he can make all the throws on time/target.

Rex's only hope is that Griese gets hurt or stinks it up worse than Rex. Just say 'no'.

I like The Tennessee Vol's QB (Eric Ainge). Seems like a good pro prospect.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 09:41 PM
KCJohnny, I think if McNabb broke down ass became the QB of the Chiefs? I would take up knitting on sundays....

KCJohnny
11-05-2007, 09:46 PM
KCJohnny, I think if McNabb broke down ass became the QB of the Chiefs? I would take up knitting on sundays....

Knitting can be very satisfying with a positive attitude.

Bump
11-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I'd rather ask Steve Bono to come out of retirement

RJ
11-05-2007, 10:46 PM

Damn........I pick.....Rosanne????......No! Wait! Dick in the blender!!!.....No, Rosanne!!.......awww, geez.....

EyePod
11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Chad Pennington would be so great for us. We would have automatic 20 yard passes. This would be perfect, especially since we have 0 deep threats besides our tight end....

Nightfyre
11-05-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/saw-2-jigsaw.jpg
I can see it now:
Choose your Quarterback!
Chad pennington is trapped in a device that will break his arm in 3000 places if you choose him, giving him a true noodle arm
and
Grossman is trapped in a device that will stab him in the eye and forever destroy his depth perception, making him a true interception machine.

Carl Peterson = Saw mastermind? :hmmm:

pikesome
11-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Chad Pennington would be so great for us. We would have automatic 20 yard passes. This would be perfect, especially since we have 0 deep threats besides our tight end....

We have a tall WR, Bo-something. Bo Derrick? Bo Diddly? Bo Jackson? Whoever it is, he could maybe catch.

11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Neither!!!!

pikesome
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM
I can see it now:
Choose your Quarterback!
Chad pennington is trapped in a device that will break his arm in 3000 places if you choose him, giving him a true noodle arm
and
Grossman is trapped in a device that will stab him in the eye and forever destroy his depth perception, making him a true interception machine.

Carl Peterson = Saw mastermind? :hmmm:

I think they both have already failed their challenges by the sound of it.

Bump
11-05-2007, 11:15 PM
we might get an achievement if we got Rex

smittysbar
11-05-2007, 11:18 PM
This is a BAAADDDD Thread LOL

Simplex3
11-05-2007, 11:22 PM

Blender. No question.

jidar
11-06-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm honestly having a really hard time deciding.

I guess Pennington since he's closer to retirement so the pain wouldn't last so long?

Thig Lyfe
11-06-2007, 12:47 AM
DEREK ANDERSON!!!!!!!!!!

blueballs
11-06-2007, 02:03 AM
I'd rather have Grbac
I hate Grbac