PDA

View Full Version : Is Vince Young any good?

FringeNC
11-05-2007, 08:15 PM
God awful stats. 61.5 rating, 3 TDs, 8 INTs, 5.7 YPA.

Ebolapox
11-05-2007, 08:16 PM
he's a playmaker. a young playmaker. I'd take him over huard fo sho.

Nightfyre
11-05-2007, 08:18 PM
It'd be interesting to see the game plan with him and gonzo on the same team. "K, gonzo get to the end zone, I will run around like a mad man then chuck it to you, you catch it."

FringeNC
he's a playmaker. a young playmaker. I'd take him over huard fo sho.

I'd give up draft picks to get rid of Huard.

Chiefs Pantalones
He's a taller Vick, but he's not a dog killer.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Young raw talent.. Canon for arm, very very mobile, Jeff Fisher is the best coach for him and will get the most out of him over time...

1000% upgrade of the bag of feces we have under center...

Valiant
Look at it this way.. If he was 35 and own our team we would have Gochiefs and Hootie tell us about his greatness and all the wins are solely attributed to him and all the loses are because of the defense...

Reerun_KC
I'd give up draft picks to get rid of Huard.

And would package a 1st and 2nd in next years draft to anyone stupid enough to take Huard, Herm and Curl off our hands...

JBucc
11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
His team is pretty good. He'll run around and make plays in the regular season, but just like Vick he won't win a SB unless he becomes a good passer.

tk13
11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
He is what he is, I never thought he was a very good passer. He's good at the intermediate stuff but even in college I thought he didn't throw a very good deep ball.

kcxiv
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I would take Vince in a Heartbeat. He's a winner. He wins games plain and simple. Vick used to be like that, but he never got over the hump. I think Vince is more levelheaded then Vick ever was though.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Mobile QB's get hurt in this league. He's a future liability. The more he gets out of the pocket and "makes play", the more he subjects himself to undue punishment.

He needs to learn a pass-first mentality, and use his feet when necessary. It's fine to be a mobile QB, but be mobile in the pocket, don't always look to go outside of it.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
He's fried butt. Arrowhead will destroy him in a few weeks.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't want Vince Young...I would like to have Roethlisberger though...the guy just gets it done.

Buck
Skip Bayless was once asked, if you could choose 2 QBs to engineer a game winning drive, who would you pick?

He chose Vince Young and Jay Cutler

LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL

Reerun_KC
He's fried butt. Arrowhead will destroy him in a few weeks.

i.e. David Garrad of Jacksonville...

We have heard this before...

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
i.e. David Garrad of Jacksonville...

We have heard this before...

No, Garrard is a good player. I never called him lousy. Maybe last year, but this year he's a different player.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 08:34 PM
No, Garrard is a good player. I never called him lousy. Maybe last year, but this year he's a different player.

Fair enough....

Pablo
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Skip Bayless was once asked, if you could choose 2 QBs to engineer a game winning drive, who would you pick?

He chose Vince Young and Jay Cutler

LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFLSkip Bayless is a douche..he's been attached to Cutler's nuts since he came outta college. I think Skip is a Vandy alum.

He's an idiot..he was saying how the Bulls should pretty much trade all the young talent they had on their team, something like 5 players including Joakim Noah, Ben Gordon, and three other guys to get Kobe.

He's worthless when analyzing football...Kornheiser and Bayless should stick to baseball, that seems to be all they know.

KCFalcon59
11-05-2007, 09:03 PM
All I hope is that he is good this week. He is replacing Brady on my fantasy team due to the Patriots bye week.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2007, 09:06 PM
He's in his 2nd year. Sometimes he looks bad, sometimes he looks great. I wish he was a Chief.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 09:10 PM
He's in his 2nd year. Sometimes he looks bad, sometimes he looks great. I wish he was a Chief.

No thanks. Croyle has a better upside than Young by far.

Young will get hurt and really stunt his career...it's inevitable when you scramble and try to be the entire offense like he does at time.

Learn to progress through your reads and throw the ball away if you have to, don't always go sprinting outside of the pocket, and take on LB's and DB's.

BWillie
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Vick>Young

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Sometimes he looks bad, sometimes he looks great.

Really?

When has he looked great this year?

The majority of the time he's been ****ING SHITTY this year.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Vick>YoungVick>Dead pitbulls.

Mecca
11-05-2007, 09:23 PM

Young will get hurt and really stunt his career...it's inevitable when you scramble and try to be the entire offense like he does at time.

Learn to progress through your reads and throw the ball away if you have to, don't always go sprinting outside of the pocket, and take on LB's and DB's.

Croyle has better upside than Young? Are you on crack? 3rd round picks with a huge laundry list of injuries don't have higher upsides than top 5 picks.

Also I remember GoChiefs saying a black QB wouldn't win in Arrowhead awhile back...that turned out well.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Croyle has better upside than Young? Are you on crack? 3rd round picks with a huge laundry list of injuries don't have higher upsides than top 5 picks.

Also I remember GoChiefs saying a black QB wouldn't win in Arrowhead awhile back...that turned out well.
I still feel Croyle can be a solid QB in this league for several years.... I really cant compare upside between young and croyle....

But giving the history of QB's that scramble like Young, they arent long for the league... Look at McNabb, dude can barely stay healthy over the last 3 or so years....

Mecca
11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
That's nice and everything but let's not use injuries to set them apart when Croyle has been more frequently and seriously injured than Young ever has.

Croyle has torn the ACL's in both his knees and torn a labrum.

Pablo
11-05-2007, 09:29 PM

Also I remember GoChiefs saying a black QB wouldn't win in Arrowhead awhile back...that turned out well.Vince Young doesn't play college defenses anymore. He's not the fastest, smartest, or most athletic guy on the field. That roll to the left and make a play crap only works for so long before it gets shut down. He was a first year sensation because defenses weren't accustomed to his Vick-like playing style, but this year he is more of a liability to his team than anything. Numbers don't lie..he is garbage this year.

Running-style QB's don't work in this league, he will be a long-term bust.

Top 5 doesn't mean a thing, I'm sure you could go through the list of the top 5 picks in the last 10 years and less than half of them are productive players...

Reerun_KC
11-05-2007, 09:32 PM
That's nice and everything but let's not use injuries to set them apart when Croyle has been more frequently and seriously injured than Young ever has.

Croyle has torn the ACL's in both his knees and torn a labrum.

Easy sparky, I think Young is a good QB and with Jeff Fisher can have a long and successful career... But you know as well as we all do, QB's like the young's can have a shorter career than the regular drop back pocket QB's... Fisher can keep that in check though...

Yes we all know that Croyle has been hurt... But I still think he can have a good career regardless.

Suzie Kolber is so cute.... Yummy!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Vince Young will never be any better than he is right now. He isn't smart enough to run a pro offense. I don't understand why people get infatuated with these guys. They are as good their first year as they'll ever be. He's just like Vick...makes plays with his legs and everyone goes ga-ga over his athletic ability, but he still hasn't shown any ability to go through his progressions and break down a D, which oddly, makes him like a more athletic Huard.

Mecca
11-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm not even a fan of Young but he's still better than wht we got.

Chiefnj2
11-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Young wins games. That's all that matters.

16th in offense. Those that live in glass houses ...

Ebolapox
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I still feel Croyle can be a solid QB in this league for several years.... I really cant compare upside between young and croyle....

But giving the history of QB's that scramble like Young, they arent long for the league... Look at McNabb, dude can barely stay healthy over the last 3 or so years....

that steve young sucked. john elway (give me some damned soap and listerine) sucked *cheater*... randall cunningham? SUCKED!

fran tarkenton? sucked balls.

dirk digler
11-05-2007, 10:37 PM

LMAO

I thought I have heard it all...now I have

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-05-2007, 10:37 PM
that steve young sucked. john elway (give me some damned soap and listerine) sucked *cheater*... randall cunningham? SUCKED!

fran tarkenton? sucked balls.

Those guys could read defenses. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Give Vince some time. He just learned how to read, period.

Ebolapox
11-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Those guys could read defenses. :shrug:

none of the above guys lit the world on fire their first few years in the league. took them some time to learn the ropes/learn to read defenses.

give me young over any QB we've had since len dawson (including an aging montana)

Pablo
11-05-2007, 11:57 PM
none of the above guys lit the world on fire their first few years in the league. took them some time to learn the ropes/learn to read defenses.

give me young over any QB we've had since len dawson (including an aging montana)No effin way..Vince Young is going to be a complete bust.

Vince Young:

Rookie Year - 2,199 yards passing/51.5 completion %/12TD's/13INT's/66.7 passer rating
2nd Year Projections based on current stats - 1,710 yards passing/61.6 completion %/6TD's/16INT's/61.5 passer rating

Look at other QB's recently that came into this league and started playing in their first or second year. Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning. They were all better QB's in their second year starting than Vince Young ever dreamed about being. These are the kind of QB's teams build franchises on, not Young. He isn't a savvy passer, I don't think he can read a defense or a book, and he's learning you can't outjuke the entire team like you could in college. The Titans are winning in spite of him, not because of him.

The learning curb is steep and Vince Young isn't gonna cut it in this league. Roethlisberger is by far the most mobile of the QB's above, and he's nowhere near as mobile as Young, but he can get out of the pocket and make big plays. He looks to pass first and if he has to use his legs to set up a great throw, he does. He's a good QB, Young will never be great, he won't even be good. He's a bust right now, and he'll be a bust next year and the year after.

Brodie isn't mobile, but he's leaps and bounds ahead of Young.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Arguing Croyle is a better prospect than Young is just blatant homerism......there's no other way to put this.

Croyle would have to actually you know play to say that he is remotely ahead of Young at anything. Young is on the field for a winning team that will likely make the playoffs..

Croyle is backing up a scrub...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Arguing Croyle is a better prospect than Young is just blatant homerism......there's no other way to put this.

This is technically correct...but what kinds of QBs win Super Bowls? Pocket QBs who have *some* elusiveness (Roethlisberger, Manning, Brady are all able to avoid the rush).

Croyle could never make the plays with his legs than Young could, but he has a better arm, is almost certainly more intelligent, and just as accurate a a thrower.

Can he stay healthy? We don't know. Can he adjust to NFL defenses? We don't know.

However, the skills that he does have are more in line with what it takes to win in the NFL. It's a vertical game...Vince Young is not a vertical quarterback.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Vick Young

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Hard to argue with Hamas. We need some Titans fans to sound off.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Arguing Croyle is a better prospect than Young is just blatant homerism......there's no other way to put this.All I have to judge Brodie by is his college numbers. He was an accomplished passer with almost all of Alabama's records. The NFL doesn't suffer "mobile" QB's all that well. There are people who are designated the role of running around and juking defenders, they're called running backs. Young was good in college, but you can play like he did in college and get away with it. Not in the NFL.

Therefore, with the pocket passer being the predominant force among NFL QB's, Croyle has the better upside. Of course I'm a homer..this is a Chief's board, but I definately see Young for what he is, all show no go. A flashy "athlete" who makes big plays every now and then, but consistently fails to perform.

It takes a lot more to be a QB in the NFL than being athletic. For all the athletic talent Young has, it doesn't serve him well at the QB position.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Judging a QB in his first 2 years is a bit much....his team has a winning record and he isn't asked to win them games....although he has led 4th quarter drives for them.

Young obviously needs a lot of development, but he has a good staff that is willing to play him and work with it.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:12 AM
All I have to judge Brodie by is his college numbers. He was an accomplished passer with almost all of Alabama's records. The NFL doesn't suffer "mobile" QB's all that well. There are people who are designated the role of running around and juking defenders, they're called running backs. Young was good in college, but you can play like he did in college and get away with it. Not in the NFL.

Therefore, with the pocket passer being the predominant force among NFL QB's, Croyle has the better upside. Of course I'm a homer..this is a Chief's board, but I definately see Young for what he is, all show no go. A flashy "athlete" who makes big plays every now and then, but consistently fails to perform.

It takes a lot more to be a QB in the NFL than being athletic. For all the athletic talent Young has, it doesn't serve him well at the QB position.

Vince Young is one of the greatest college players of all time so once again...your college comparison argument fails.

Croyle isn't remotely as talented as Young is....not to mention Croyle couldn't even make it through high school and college seasons without getting injured. There are several QB's I think are better prospects than Young, I'm not a big fan of Young. But to say Brodie Croyle is one is frankly absurd.

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2007, 12:13 AM
I know one thing about both, they were winners in college. Young's last two years he was 24-1 and Brodie was 13-2.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Judging a QB in his first 2 years is a bit much....his team has a winning record and he isn't asked to win them games....although he has led 4th quarter drives for them.

Young obviously needs a lot of development, but he has a good staff that is willing to play him and work with it.Not really..if Brodie fails to develop into a consistent performer within a two year context then he's a bust too. Two years is plenty of time nowadays..teams don't have time to wait for a QB develop beyond that..you had better learn and learn fast. A bad first year is forgiveable, but an even worse second year is not. A QB needs to get progressively better each year he plays to be a success, at least a young QB. None of this go forward 3 steps, back 2, forward 4 steps, back 3.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:17 AM
It took Steve McNair longer than 2 years to become the player he did....

Everyone knew Young has a much bigger learning curve than a guy like Eli Manning. Young will take longer than 2 years to be what he will end up being.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Vince Young is one of the greatest college players of all time so once again...your college comparison argument fails.

Croyle isn't remotely as talented as Young is....not to mention Croyle couldn't even make it through high school and college seasons without getting injured. There are several QB's I think are better prospects than Young, I'm not a big fan of Young. But to say Brodie Croyle is one is frankly absurd.What kind of QB records does Vince Young hold?
Passing yardage, Completion %, Touchdowns, Yards gained,Efficiency, Winning %?

None of the above.

Going 24-1 and winning a nat'l championship with a stacked Texas team doesn't make you "one of the greatest college football players ever". It makes you lucky to have played for such a loaded team.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
He won a national championship game essentially by himself.....

If you really don't think that about him in college you are doing nothing but looking at stats and not looking at the games themselves.

11-06-2007, 12:31 AM

If you really don't think that about him in college you are doing nothing but looking at stats and not looking at the games themselves.
I am with Mecca on this one. If you watch the National Championship game at all, you would KNOW that Texas does not win that game without his heroics.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:32 AM
USC would have blasted Texas about 55-10 without Young....

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:32 AM

If you really don't think that about him in college you are doing nothing but looking at stats and not looking at the games themselves.He did win that game all by himself..does that make him "one of the greatest college football players of all time". No. It makes him one of the most memorable players in say, the last 5 years.

He was a good QB and playmaker at Texas, but that was college and this is not. He was good, but definately not one of the greatest college players of all time.

Only time will tell, and the Titans can spend the next 10 years "developing" him if they like, but I personally believe he will be a bust.

Brodie may be a bust too, put he is the better fit at QB. If Young wants to be a punt returner or WR/QB like Kordell Stewart, so be it, but he'll never be an accomplished QB in this league.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 12:33 AM

Croyle isn't remotely as talented as Young is....not to mention Croyle couldn't even make it through high school and college seasons without getting injured. There are several QB's I think are better prospects than Young, I'm not a big fan of Young. But to say Brodie Croyle is one is frankly absurd.

In a shuttle drill, no he's not. Same with the 40, vertical, and his broad jump. But the NFL is *not* a decathlon. If it were, then Vick and Vince Young would be redefining the NFL position.

Instead, the NFL is a league that values the passing game, particularly throws from 15-25 yards down the field.

You can't honestly say that Vince Young has a stronger arm than Brodie, because he doesn't. He also hasn't proven himself to be anything more than an inaccurate passer. Maybe that will improve, maybe it won't.

Brodie doesn't have any major mechanical problems with his delivery, or his footwork. He fell solely due to the fact that he had an extensive injury history. Yes, that is something to worry about, but injury *isn't* talent.

However, if this was a league that valued a QB's arm above all else, Kyle Boller would be the best QB in the league, and Jeff George would have HOF stats...but they don't. One of the reasons why is that it's also a cerebral game. Anyone who has listened to a Vince Young interview can't exactly come away impressed.

Now, maybe he's a football savant, but he hasn't shown that at any level as far as reading defenses. He had a "one read, then go" system in Texas, and hasn't been asked to do much more in the pros so far.

Eventually, teams will employ a scheme that can negate his legs as well as capitalize on his failings to go through a progression. Dan Marino, who isn't exactly an intelligent man, made a pretty good living, but he also knew how to break down and read a defense, and he had a rocket arm with the fastest release in league history.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:35 AM
you say vince is the only constant we have on offense? you're right, he is constantly inconsistent. Our backs pick up yards when we need them to and our line blocks tremendously well.

We are winning in spite of VY, not due to his efforts.

My only problem with Vince his his ability to throw a ball to a Wr consistantly. To many times he's throwing over the heads of WR's or at thier feet.

They have to stop and turn back to the ball etc. He may not be asked to put up big passing numbers no but if he's a quaterback he needs to be able to throw the ball accuratly which he hans't been able to do.

Our coaching staff does not trust Vince! All I know is this....... They let Kerry Collins, a guy who averaged 13 interceptions a season and a 55% completion percentage for his 13 year career, throw it 42 times last week for 59%. Even the play calling is different. For example......The last series we had 3 run plays called.

It's scary sometimes when Vince throws downfield. I saw him do it early in the game and it was like he didn't even look where he was throwing it.

However, you do continually throw the coaching staff under the bus rather than willingly discussing Vince's shortcommings like an adult. The coaching staff is not responsible for Vince's lack of accuracy, or his poor decision making. In reality, we are talking about a guy who had rumors of scoring a 6 on the Wonderlic. I don't want to put much stock in that rumor, but honestly, our coaching staff is not dealing with Peyton Manning. This is not college. The coaches can't just hit the auto-pilot button and watch Vince dominate opponents with his atheletic ability.

At the end of the day, what has Vince shown the coaches on the field that would make them trust him enough to remove the training wheels? Heart and oodles of athletic ability are not acceptable answers to this question.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Well Young got some points with me when he said being a black QB doesn't matter and then said McNabb was an idiot for saying it.

I don't think Young will ever be a top of the league pretty stat guy but he has a knack for coming up big when he needs too. Just go back to some of the games last year...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 12:37 AM
I am with Mecca on this one. If you watch the National Championship game at all, you would KNOW that Texas does not win that game without his heroics.

That's undoubtedly true, but playing against college sophomores who were part of an average NCAA defense isn't exactly like lining up against the Colts.

Some skill sets are suited for the NFL. A guy like Ron Dayne is a prototypical NCAA back, but was a monumental failure in the NFL. Mike Williams was an unbelievable college receiver, but is simply too slow for the NFL. Brad Smith was an all-world QB in college, but didn't have the requisite skill set to be an NFL QB.

The NFL values intelligence, accuracy, arm strength, (arm strength and accuracy are debatable in order) and mobility from a QB in that order. Vince Young's skills are the exact inverse of that.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:38 AM
And guess what.......all that comes with playing a young QB. No young QB steps in and dominates from day one. Some take longer than others, I give Tennessee major credit for allowing him to play and winning instead of doing what the Chiefs are doing.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:39 AM
And guess what.......all that comes with playing a young QB. No young QB steps in and dominates from day one. Some take longer than others, I give Tennessee major credit for allowing him to play and winning instead of doing what the Chiefs are doing.

The Chiefs would probably play Brodie if they had a line like Tennesee.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:41 AM
If they really aren't playing him for that reason then the Chiefs are morons.....you have to sink or swim. Shall we bench other guys so they don't get hurt too?

My honest opinion of Brodie Croyle is that he will be Rob Johnson. He has a major arm but he'll take a ton of sacks and be injured a lot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2007, 12:43 AM

Can't disagree with that.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2007, 12:43 AM
If they really aren't playing him for that reason then the Chiefs are morons.....you have to sink or swim. Shall we bench other guys so they don't get hurt too?

My honest opinion of Brodie Croyle is that he will be Rob Johnson. He has a major arm but he'll take a ton of sacks and be injured a lot.

I think Croyle is a career backup QB, but we have to find out for sure. And the only way to do that is to play him, but we won't, IMO. We'll have a different starting QB next year, and it won't be Huard or Croyle.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Well Young got some points with me when he said being a black QB doesn't matter and then said McNabb was an idiot for saying it.

I don't think Young will ever be a top of the league pretty stat guy but he has a knack for coming up big when he needs too. Just go back to some of the games last year...Sure, he's a playmaker. Not a consistent QB. Big plays don't always win games, consistency does.

If I have to go with a QB who averages 65% completion, 220 yards a game and a 2/1 TD to interception ratio or a guy who has a knack for making big plays..I'll take consistency every time. That's a hypothetical model, I don't know if Brodie will be that consistent, but I'll take it every time. And in order to be consistent, you have to be willing to study the game, read a D, and stay in the damn pocket where you're protected. And when that protection breaks down, don't shoot for the first down, look downfield for an out, then go for it.

Steve Young shot for the first down quite a bit, and what did it get him? A shortened career and four concussions.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 12:44 AM
The Chiefs would probably play Brodie if they had a line like Tennesee.
I am so sick of that excuse. Has it ever occured to you that our line sucks because Huard can't find anybody to throw to because he is too much of a pussy to throw to anybody not named TG?

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:47 AM
I think Croyle is a career backup QB, but we have to find out for sure. And the only way to do that is to play him, but we won't, IMO. We'll have a different starting QB next year, and it won't be Huard or Croyle.

I pretty much agree with that.....honestly find some video on Rob Johnson, he will make you think of Brodie Croyle same skill set...same propensity to get injured...

The only thing with him was he somehow netted Jacksonville a high pick because Buffalo thought he could start with that skill set...he ended up a career backup.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:50 AM
I am so sick of that excuse. Has it ever occured to you that our line sucks because Huard can't find anybody to throw to because he is too much of a pussy to throw to anybody not named TG?Yeah, he is inept, and doesn't look for the deep ball hardly ever. But our line is absolute garbage. The trashiest trash line in the league. To think we went from such a powerful, impressive line to what we are now is painful. Then again, we had Trent Green in prime form behind that line and DV coaching.

I don't like Huard, but it is unfair to pin the offensive performance on him alone. LJ was a dominate back in 05 and 06, now he can't find a hole to save his life. This line can't make holes and can't pass-block either. If you really think about it, both sides of the ball start with the line. If you're weak there, the rest of the team will suffer. Our D-Line has bailed out our old ass corners a ton of times, and without Boone, Hali, and Allen up front getting the push, our D wouldn't be 13th in the league.

This O-Line couldn't push through a wet paper sack and the entire offense is suffering.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:51 AM
I am so sick of that excuse. Has it ever occured to you that our line sucks because Huard can't find anybody to throw to because he is too much of a pussy to throw to anybody not named TG?

Look at this great line! This play is all on Huard for sure!

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3664/pressurehv8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Brian Waters sure looks like a bitch on that play..

L.A. Chieffan

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3664/pressurehv8.gif (http://imageshack.us)
Yeah, Croyle's leg would've fallen off on that play. Lucky Huard is still alive...

Pablo

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3664/pressurehv8.gif (http://imageshack.us)I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit...It makes me so effin sad..maybe we can lure Roaf and Shields out of retirement.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Brian Waters sure looks like a bitch on that play..

Yeah...pretty friggin awful.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 12:54 AM

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3664/pressurehv8.gif (http://imageshack.us)The right side actually looks decent on that play. We shouldn't have had TG streaking downfield on a PA pass...more Solari genius.

HMc
11-06-2007, 12:55 AM
That's undoubtedly true, but playing against college sophomores who were part of an average NCAA defense isn't exactly like lining up against the Colts.

Some skill sets are suited for the NFL. A guy like Ron Dayne is a prototypical NCAA back, but was a monumental failure in the NFL. Mike Williams was an unbelievable college receiver, but is simply too slow for the NFL. Brad Smith was an all-world QB in college, but didn't have the requisite skill set to be an NFL QB.

The NFL values intelligence, accuracy, arm strength, (arm strength and accuracy are debatable in order) and mobility from a QB in that order. Vince Young's skills are the exact inverse of that.

That all makes good sense. But then there hasn't been a whole lot of thinking outside the box with respect to QB selections, has there? I guess 1st round picks are so valuable that you want to use it on the guy that looks like the safest bet, rather than the riskier guy who doesn;t have his tools in the right order but has an X factor and seems to win games.

Having shithouse passing numbers is a whole lot easier to swallow when the team is 6-2.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Yeah, Croyle's leg would've fallen off on that play. Lucky Huard is still alive...I know players in the NFL have to persevere through tough times, but if Brodie really is our QB of the future, I want him to at least have a line that gives him 1/2 a second more to throw the ball.. His rocket arm does us no good in a situation like that. I really don't want to shred his confidence because of horrendous line play.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:57 AM
The right side actually looks decent on that play. We shouldn't have had TG streaking downfield on a PA pass...more Solari genius.

Welbourn does pretty well against worthless sacks of trash like Terdell Sands, who is Ryan Sims'ing it since his big contract. Dunn actually gets beat and Terry stands around looking dumb.

Huard did well to get rid of the ball.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 12:59 AM
I know players in the NFL have to persevere through tough times, but if Brodie really is our QB of the future, I want him to at least have a line that gives him 1/2 a second more to throw the ball.. His rocket arm does us no good in a situation like that. I really don't want to shred his confidence because of horrendous line play.
Guess what? You can't coddle football players their whole lives. This is Brodie's 2 year now. What is going to happen 3 or 4 years down the road and the O Line is going thru some injuries? Sorry Brodie, you're just made of glass we can't have you out there playing behind backups. Bullshit!
Let's see what the kid is made of.

Mecca
11-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Jason Dunn there's another guy that needs to be replaced.......age has caught him.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Welbourn does pretty well against worthless sacks of trash like Terdell Sands, who is Ryan Sims'ing it since his big contract. Dunn actually gets beat and Terry stands around looking dumb.

Ok you showed one play where Huard threw the ball away. Why don't you show a play where he stands there looking like a deer in headlights because TG is covered and then falls down like a bitch.

HMc
11-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Yeah, Croyle's leg would've fallen off on that play. Lucky Huard is still alive...

Shit like that happens to everyone once in a while, if there's serious concern for croyle's health when getting smashed by the DL then he should be playing tennis.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Ok you showed one play where Huard threw the ball away. Why don't you show a play where he stands there looking like a deer in headlights because TG is covered and then falls down like a bitch.

I think Huard realized no one was open, then realized the protection was breaking down, and finally realized he'd better do something to avoid a fumble.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 01:02 AM

The only two guys I see coming after Huard are on the left side after blowing by McIntosh and Waters

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 01:03 AM
The only two guys I see coming after Huard are on the left side after blowing by McIntosh and Waters

Dunn held his block for a couple seconds and then got beat.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Jason Dunn there's another guy that needs to be replaced.......age has caught him.This is true. Kris Wilson can leave as well. His transition to FB was brilliant. :rolleyes:

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 01:05 AM
I think Huard realized no one was open, then realized the protection was breaking down, and finally realized he'd better do something to avoid a fumble.
WOW good for Huard. Croyle couldn't do that obviously. He would just shit his pants and then Sapp would rip his head off and eat it like a watermelon.
THEN WHERE WOULD BE HUH?!? WE CANNOT AFFORD TO DO THAT TO CROYLE YOU INSENSITIVE BASTARD!

Mecca
11-06-2007, 01:05 AM
What's funny about this is where the Chiefs have taken guys like Tre Stallings and Herb Taylor..career backup or practice squad guards....

You can draft a blocking TE or a FB and get a pretty solid guy. Or hell you can sign them, the Pats signed Kyle Brady and Heath Evans, do you really think those guys are heavily sought after or paid a ton of money? Some of these things the Chiefs need to fill aren't that difficult it's the Chiefs being dumb about it and keeping a guy like Boomer Grigsby instead.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Guess what? You can't coddle football players their whole lives. This is Brodie's 2 year now. What is going to happen 3 or 4 years down the road and the O Line is going thru some injuries? Sorry Brodie, you're just made of glass we can't have you out there playing behind backups. Bullshit!
Let's see what the kid is made of.This is true, but the best gift you can give a developing QB is a decent line. Roethlisberger didn't get so good on pure talent alone, he has a stout line that provided adequate protection while he was developing. I know it's improbable to sit Brodie until we get a great line, then throw him in. But good lord, let Huard get smashed and look like a fool this season. I know Brodie is starting at QB next year, it doesn't make any sense for him not to, and hopefully we'll have picked up a few FA's or some strong linemen in the draft and he'll be in a better system to groom him.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 01:11 AM
This is true, but the best gift you can give a developing QB is a decent line. Roethlisberger didn't get so good on pure talent alone, he has a stout line that provided adequate protection while he was developing. I know it's improbable to sit Brodie until we get a great line, then throw him in. But good lord, let Huard get smashed and look like a fool this season. I know Brodie is starting at QB next year, it doesn't make any sense for him not to, and hopefully we'll have picked up a few FA's or some strong linemen in the draft and he'll be in a better system to groom him.
Yeah, we wouldn't want our QBOTF to gain valuable game time experience so next year he'll be better prepared. What happens if our line doesn't improve over the offseason. Sit him again?

Pablo
11-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah, we wouldn't want our QBOTF to gain valuable game time experience so next year he'll be better prepared. What happens if our line doesn't improve over the offseason. Sit him again?I honestly don't know..I think our line has hit rock bottom..there in nowhere to go but up.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 01:16 AM
I honestly don't know..I think our line has hit rock bottom..there in nowhere to go but up.
But how would we even know?
Start Croyle the 1st game and then when he gets sacked the first time pull him and say, "Sorry Buddy, our line sucks again. See ya in '09!"

Pablo
11-06-2007, 01:18 AM
But how would we even know?
Start Croyle the 1st game and then when he gets sacked the first time pull him and say, "Sorry Buddy, our line sucks again. See ya in '09!"
You make a very good point. I suppose I just so desperately wish to see our QBOTF succeed, I want a lot of key elements to be in place before he even starts. That's a bit impratical, and I wouldn't be surprised if Huard gets injured sometime in the coming weeks and Brodie comes in.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Look, I'm not saying our line doesn't have issues clearly it does.

I just think sayinig 'Oh, we don't want to start Brodie because we don't want him to get hurt or ruin his confidence' is bullshit.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 01:27 AM
I just think sayinig 'Oh, we don't want to start Brodie because we don't want him to get hurt or ruin his confidence' is bullshit.

Why? It's a very real possibility.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Why? It's a very real possibility.
Again, what happens if our line sucks next year too?

Brodie could be the best QB the Chiefs have ever drafted but we'll never know because our GM is too much of a pussy to go with an unproven