PDA

View Full Version : Croyle to START By December?

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Me... :shrug:

I'm betting the organization thought they'd be 2-6 at this point, so starting Croyle would be a no-brainer. Oooo-oopppppsssss!

:shake:

I mean, seriously....as "admirable" as Huard has been...in a 'rebuilding' year, with only an outside shot at the playoffs (along with an EARLY exit...) why the hell would you NOT start a second-year guy....who's sat on the bench for PLENTY of games, now....to find out what you got, so that the next season....you don't begin, TOTALLY "clueless" as to what "you have" at the all-important and crucial position of QB???

Seriously. I can't even imagine Carl and Herm being THIS....absolutely, beyond they pale, "DENSE"....to the Norm Turner fuggin' degree... :shake:

What do you think??? :shrug:

:hmmm:

bgguitarman
11-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I agree. That is all.

Buehler445
11-05-2007, 10:34 PM
I hope he starts this week.

CoMoChief
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM

I'm betting the organization thought they'd be 2-6 at this point, so starting Croyle would be a no-brainer. Oooo-oopppppsssss!

I mean, seriously....as "admirable" as Huard has been...in a 'rebuilding' year, with only an outside shot at the playoffs (along with an EARLY exit...) why the hell would you NOT start a second-year guy....who's sat on the bench for PLENTY of games, now....to find out what you got, so that the next season....you don't begin, TOTALLY "clueless" as to what "you have" at the all-important and crucial position of QB???

Seriously. I can't even imagine Carl and Herm being THIS....absolutely, beyond they pale, "DENSE"....to the Norm Turner fuggin' degree... :shake:

It's been proven over and over again. Carl wants someone that is a veteran at the QB position because it's not too risky and it's the most important position on the field. It's the wrong way to go, since it's taken damn near 20 years to anything. He'll keep leaving us for hope of the next season until has ass is out of here. No way will he risk a season on an inexperienced QB, ever.

It's obvious. Herm wants to play Croyle.
Carl does not and he has final say.

chiefbowe82
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I hope he starts this week.

huard IS our guy, herm already stated it.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Croyle has to earn the job. End of story.

Mr. Kotter
It's been proven over and over again. Carl wants someone that is a veteran at the QB position because it's not too risky and it's the most important position on the field. It's the wrong way to go, since it's taken damn near 20 years to anything. He'll keep leaving us for hope of the next season until has ass is out of here. No way will he risk a season on an inexperienced QB, ever.

It's obvious. Herm wants to play Croyle.
Carl does not and he has final say.

IF you are right, and Carl returns next year as GM....

...I will join Nzoner, and others, in non-renewing my season tickets next year. :banghead:

And I'm dead serious. :shake:

there is not the slightest evidence in Carl's history that Carl will ever allow a young QB to learn on the job...that is risky and messy, and Carl is a coward....

Croyle could have 8 games experience already...but we're not that type of franchise, the type that would take a risk to create a chapionship team...

Then I'll be shoppin' for NFL Direct ticket NEXT year....

the Talking Can
there is not the slightest evidence in Carl's history that Carl will ever allow a young QB to learn on the job...that is risky and messy, and Carl is a coward....

Croyle could have 8 games experience already...but we're not that type of franchise, the type that would take a risk to create a chapionship team...

the Talking Can
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM

you are the dumbest fan imaginable....next to kcjohhny perhaps

CoMoChief
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
So should Damon.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 10:42 PM
So should Damon.

Damon earned it last year.

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2007, 10:42 PM

You do NOT earn jobs on the practice field in the NFL. Period.

End of story....REAL franchises, KNOW this....ask the Atlanta Falcons about some guy named "Favre" that they shipped to Green Bay.

:cuss:

the Talking Can
11-05-2007, 10:43 PM
if the minimum standard of quality for playing QB in the NFL is Damon Huard, then every single human on Earth not named Steve McNair is qualified...

Hammock Parties
IF you are right, and Carl returns next year as GM....

...I will join Nzoner, and others, in non-renewing my season tickets next year. :banghead:

Didn't realize you had season tix. Don't you live in SD?

Hammock Parties
You do NOT earn jobs on the practice field in the NFL. Period.

I'm talking about preseason. If Croyle blows in preseason, expecting him to magically get better during the regular season is pie-in-the-sky optimism.

dirk digler
11-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm talking about preseason. If Croyle blows in preseason, expecting him to magically get better during the regular season is pie-in-the-sky optimism.

Because pre-season is such an accurate indicator of success right?

Fish
11-05-2007, 10:46 PM

Who besides Colquitt looked good in the preseason? That's a pretty stupid analogy....

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2007, 10:47 PM

Anyone with a scintilla of football knowledge knows the difference between....playing "not to loose" (Bono, Grbac, and Huard) and...."playing to win" (Dawson, Favre, Brady, and...POSSIBLY...OR, some promising second year guy presently sitting on our bench....eh?)

Eh, what the hell, maybe we can send him someplace like Minnesota, or Seattle....for a couple of seventh round picks, eh? :rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Huard sucked a$$ in every single preseason.

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Didn't realize you had season tix. Don't you live in SD?

Yup. It's a 5 and a half hour drive. But I love it.

I've done 6-7 games a year, until the past two or three. I'm down to 3-4.

Next year, this SHIT continues...I'll join Joe, with Direct TV, and a whole lot less jack invested in this joke of an organization. :shake:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
I wish posters would stop with the topic titles ending in question marks. It makes the reader think they got the thread information from espn or something forcing the reader to have no choice but to click on it and read average joe theories.

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2007, 10:51 PM

You obviously have forgotten Huard's "performance" during preseason. He blew too.

Not that preseason really matters too much--at least, to real organizations. :shake:

Calcountry
11-05-2007, 10:56 PM

:hmmm:Because, with our Oline, he will get fuggin killed.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 10:56 PM
You obviously have forgotten Huard's "performance" during preseason. He blew too.

Huard barely played. You can't really judge him.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2007, 10:57 PM

That's not too bad at all. I didn't realize SD was that close. Houston is like 13 hours away.

OnTheWarpath15
11-05-2007, 10:57 PM

I've done 6-7 games a year, until the past two or three. I'm down to 3-4.

Next year, this SHIT continues...I'll join Joe, with Direct TV, and a whole lot less jack invested in this joke of an organization. :shake:

I'll be right with you, Kotter.

I renewed this year because I honestly thought this was the year. The year we FINALLY played a young QB. I was looking forward to seeing the kid play, win or lose.

I'll probably keep renewing though, hoping to sell them until Carl is gone, and Herm or whoever the coach is can run the team how they see fit. Then I'll start making the trip again.

It's been so obvious that Herm wants to get Brodie in there, and is getting vetoed by Carl. The funny thing is, I think they'd actually sell MORE tickets if the kid was playing. I've NEVER had trouble getting rid of tickets against Denver or Oakland until this year. I think people are finally fed up with Peterson's BS.

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Because, with our Oline, he will get fuggin killed.

:spock:

Our O-line isn't great; but they are NOT as bad as Damon "...I am THE most IMMOBILE QB in the NFL" would make them appear.

Seriously, Brodie would struggle for a game or two...but I'm convinced his "feet" and mobility...would buy him the same sort of time you saw Ben "Pocket Passer" Rothlesberger buying himself tonight on MNF....against the Ravens no-less.

Seriously. Check Brodie's college film....he's not Elway, or Favre, but he's much more nimble in the pocket than Huard has ever DREAMED of being. It's not even close.

Ask Brian Waters after Sunday.... :shake:

penguinz
11-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Huard barely played. You can't really judge him.And 8 games into the season one could still say Huard has barely played. ;)

CoMoChief
11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
He is CLEARLY not playing like he did last season. Time to move on.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
He is CLEARLY not playing like he did last season.

I think he is. We're just forced to pass more and in horrible situations because we can't run the ball worth a lick.

HMc
11-06-2007, 01:21 AM
jesus its a broken record around here isnt it.

Simply, they need to do SOMETHING. now replacing the whole OL with all-pros, hell even ALL MEN is a pretty difficult ask at this stage, and we're stuck with an undiagnosed down syndrome sufferer for an OC, but we do have an unknown quantity at backup QB.

Play the kid, even he sux ass, at least he got some of the early ass sucking out of the way, and will therefore be better next year, or if he sux ass so bad, then we know he isnt the answer.

Unless you think this team can get to the AFC championship game with Huard at QB then i don't know why you'd think otherwise.

Mr. Kotter
11-06-2007, 07:43 AM

Play the kid, even he sux ass, at least he got some of the early ass sucking out of the way, and will therefore be better next year, or if he sux ass so bad, then we know he isnt the answer.

Yup. My point, exactly.

InChiefsHeaven
11-06-2007, 07:52 AM
I think if Herm has any trepidation about starting Croyle it's because of the O Line and he'd rather wait until he absolutely has to start him, like if Huard gets hurt or the Chiefs go completely down the tubes. He probably does not want to put too much pressure on the kid...

...personally, I don't agree with that, but Herm is not much of a risk taker, so he probably WANTS to start Croyle, but he's afraid to...

thehead
11-06-2007, 07:56 AM

What & Hoover has done what earn a starting job in the NFL.

Give it up man
ROFL

Ebolapox
11-06-2007, 09:40 AM

hasn't damon huard sucked balls every preseason here?

yet he's still our starter. that's a fuggin' mystery.

Calcountry
11-06-2007, 09:45 AM
:spock:

Our O-line isn't great; but they are NOT as bad as Damon "...I am THE most IMMOBILE QB in the NFL" would make them appear.

Seriously, Brodie would struggle for a game or two...but I'm convinced his "feet" and mobility...would buy him the same sort of time you saw Ben "Pocket Passer" Rothlesberger buying himself tonight on MNF....against the Ravens no-less.

Seriously. Check Brodie's college film....he's not Elway, or Favre, but he's much more nimble in the pocket than Huard has ever DREAMED of being. It's not even close.

Ask Brian Waters after Sunday.... :shake:Do you think, that our offensive genious could actually divise a rolling pocket to roll the qb away from the heavy rush when the LT is getting beat? Do you think that he would have the guts to call the play in a game?

Why put a mobile QB in there only to have his legs broken?

Chiefnj2
11-06-2007, 09:45 AM
I think if Herm has any trepidation about starting Croyle it's because of the O Line and he'd rather wait until he absolutely has to start him, like if Huard gets hurt or the Chiefs go completely down the tubes. He probably does not want to put too much pressure on the kid...

...personally, I don't agree with that, but Herm is not much of a risk taker, so he probably WANTS to start Croyle, but he's afraid to...

Who knows if Herm can fix the OL? So far he decided to bring back Welbourn (mistake), bring in Turley (mistake), bring in Terry (mistake) and sign McIntosh (placeholder).

Tribal Warfare
11-06-2007, 09:47 AM
you are the dumbest fan imaginable....next to kcjohhny perhaps

gochiefs isn't even in the top 10 around here, but Hootie and Proctor are jockeying for that prestigious position though

RustShack
11-06-2007, 09:48 AM
What & Hoover has done what earn a starting job in the NFL.

Give it up man
ROFL

Huard has sat on the bench his whole life so they think its his turn first. Pre season doesn't matter for Huard either, its OK for him to look bad, but heaven forbid Croyle do bad his first pre season with absolutaly no help like what Huard has had in the past.

RustShack
11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Rudy Niswanger will play more in place of starter John Welbourn against the Broncos. - Everyone probably already knows that so I didn't make a thread, probably a repost.

blsilks
11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I agree but one thing that scares me is that Croyle will have a hard time having success to build his confidence level standing in the pocket behind that crappy offensive line. There is no QB in the galexy that could have success behind that line.