PDA

View Full Version : RUDY. RUDY. RUDY.

BigRock
11-06-2007, 01:52 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/348355-p2.html

MORE SNAPS FOR NISWANGER: Edwards said guard Rudy Niswanger would play more in place of starter John Welbourn against the Broncos.

I don't have anything insightful to add, I just wanted to start a thread with the Rudy chant. :redface:

BigRock
11-06-2007, 01:52 AM
And from the same link, Eddie the Donkey Killer might be back for the game.

blueballs
11-06-2007, 01:55 AM
There is tape of Brodie Croyle singing karoke
it was to Sweet Home Alabama but he changed some lyrics around
seems he referenced that HUTARD has sex with goats and Dick Curl's mother was less than pure

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I saw him during the game and started a thread. I dunno if anyone else noticed. I have the game encoded so I'm gonna take a look at the few snaps he played.

Direckshun
11-06-2007, 02:10 AM
RG by committee. Wonderful.

And people wonder why Herm's offenses don't produce.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 02:11 AM

And people wonder why Herm's offenses don't produce.

Jesus dude. Settle down.

BigRock
11-06-2007, 02:16 AM
I wonder what's meant by "he'll play more".

He hadn't been playing at all before Sunday, so anything he does equates to him playing more. 1 snap is more than 0 snaps. This could simply be saying that he'll get another handful of snaps, but nothing significant. It's just more than he was getting before.

Or "he'll play more" could mean he'll be in the game longer, getting a greater number of snaps than he did on Sunday. In other words, they want to see what he's got and they're phasing out Welbourn.

I guess it depends on if "more" is comparing what he's done all season (nothing) to getting to play a little bit, or if "more" is comparing what he did Sunday (a few snaps) do what he'll do this week (a larger workload). How do they mean "more"?

I don't know why, but I have a sudden craving for s'mores.

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Rudy was offsides.

Pushead2
11-06-2007, 07:09 AM

Yummy, better then talking about the Chiefs.

Extra Point
11-06-2007, 08:09 AM
I wonder what's meant by "he'll play more".

He hadn't been playing at all before Sunday, so anything he does equates to him playing more. 1 snap is more than 0 snaps. This could simply be saying that he'll get another handful of snaps, but nothing significant. It's just more than he was getting before.

Or "he'll play more" could mean he'll be in the game longer, getting a greater number of snaps than he did on Sunday. In other words, they want to see what he's got and they're phasing out Welbourn.

I guess it depends on if "more" is comparing what he's done all season (nothing) to getting to play a little bit, or if "more" is comparing what he did Sunday (a few snaps) do what he'll do this week (a larger workload). How do they mean "more"?

I don't know why, but I have a sudden craving for flaming marshmallows.

ILChief
11-06-2007, 08:15 AM
He can't be worse. Besides, I'm always for replacing underacieving players in their mid-30s with younger players that actually have potential. Now what other positions could we do this at? :)

Chief Chief
11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Whoops..thot this was the official Giulani for Prez thread.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
OK. I took a look at the snaps Rudy Niswanger played at RG Sunday. He did a fairly good job if you ask me...I didn't see him get beat, anyway. Only played one drive.

Snap 1 - Did a good job neutralizing the DT on a 25-yard play-action pass to Gonzalez.

Snap 2 - Got a pretty good push against his DT, 3-yard gain on a run up the middle, play went over LG.

Snap 3 - Stoned his DT again, got a little help from Wiegmann though, 10-yard pass to Gonzalez.

Snap 4 - ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED his DT, pushed him well off the line of scrimmage and away from the play, which was a 3-yard run around left end.

Snap 5 - quick pass to the right, just had to hold the DT up for a minute.

Snap 6 - This time Rudy was matched up against Cullen Jenkins, a very good pass-rushing DT. He got some help from Casey again, but there was zero pentration. Terry and Mac got their asses kicked on this play. Incomplete pass, Chiefs punt (third and 5).

I dunno why the Chiefs want to start him (possibly), but for the first time all year I saw us run a bunch of counter players in the running game Sunday. Last year we were very good at this with Shields pulling to his left. Since Welbourn has all the athleticism of Dustin Colquitt, maybe they're thinking Niswanger can get out there on the edge and pull a little better.

KcMizzou
11-06-2007, 10:30 PM

And people wonder why Herm's offenses don't produce.That's Reerun-esque.

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Can't hurt, its not like the offense can get much worst.

recxjake
11-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Whoops..thot this was the official Giulani for Prez thread.

Me 2... I got excited for a second!

Redcoats58
11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
What does GoChiefs have to do with this?

splatbass
11-07-2007, 12:57 AM

You have a craving for Huard?