PDA

View Full Version : Herm doing an AMAZING job!!!!

Halfcan
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
According to Kevin Harlan today.

Do you agree with this???

Sure-Oz
11-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Being .500 with a shitty qb and a shitty line is amazing indeed.

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I have never liked Herm and never will. I think he would be a great DC but head coach NO

suds79
I think he's doing a decent job.

My main one gripe is that Brodie isn't in there.

Other than that, he's greatly improved the defense, he wants big/physical WRs (unlike DV), and he knows just like everybody else that we have a ton of O-linemen who simply can't play.

He will overhaul that in the offseason and all of a sudden the "playcalling/coaching" will seem a lot better we're able to actually run the ball.

RustShack
I wouldn't say amazing, but I would say hes doing one hell of a job. Made the playoffs his first year as our coach, thats amazing compared to what Dick did. Herm completely turned around the defense, now he has to rebuild Dicks aged offense. So far I really like what his doing, and the direction we are going in. He is doing a pretty good job in the draft, and thats going to be a key to our future success.

FAX
11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I'd say he's over his head in a lot of ways, Mr. Halfcan.

However, today's presser was the most encouraging in a long, long time, in my view. Hermoine actually sounds a little pissed that our offense sucks so much. It sounded as if he thinks we should have beaten the Packers. He actually talked about wanting to score "points" in order to take the pressure off the team.

FAX

Halfcan
11-06-2007, 12:30 PM

Yep that was the gist of why he thinks Herm is sooooo great.

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah good think we got Medlock

chris
11-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Yes.

With the Oline and soft corners he inherited, he is earning his wages.

Huard or Croyle, it doesn't make a difference.

We are another year or two from competing for a championship.

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Herm won't smell a championship.

pikesome
11-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Depends on how much I think the QB choice was made for him. I'm not big on Huard starting, if that's because CP wills it well, Herm does work for the man. If Herm thinks his D is strong enough to win if we don't take a chance on a young QB he loses some points with me. The play calling isn't great but I'm not sure it's as bad as it seems at times, I go back and forth on that issue. Drafting and the D he looks like he's elite. Our FAs aren't the normal worthless drek either. You have to give him some credit for having this team at 4-4, it should be worse with the play we've gotten on the field. Amazing is way too strong of a word, let's say I'm not ready to call for his head and I'm cautiously optimistic for the next year or two. That's all he's going to get from me.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah good think we got MedlockHe's allowed one monumental failure..considering the talent he's drafted the past couple of years.

Halfcan
11-06-2007, 12:37 PM

However, today's presser was the most encouraging in a long, long time, in my view. Hermoine actually sounds a little pissed that our offense sucks so much. It sounded as if he thinks we should have beaten the Packers. He actually talked about wanting to score "points" in order to take the pressure off the team.

FAX

Score points to win a game???

Please don't let the Colts or Pats in on this little secret.

Pablo
11-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Herm won't smell a championship.Neither will the Tigers..but Herm is certainly bolstering a youth movement. Something DV failed to do.

pikesome

They do it with cameras and fake crowd noise.

StcChief

FAXwhen facing Bret Farve he needs to have plenty on the board.

suds79
11-06-2007, 12:39 PM
He's allowed one monumental failure..considering the talent he's drafted the past couple of years.

True everybody has their misses.

And is a 5th rounder really that big of a deal?... I mean it's a 5th rounder.

I can't believe some people are still bitter over that.

blueballs
11-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Herm is the transition coach
he will pick the talent
for the next coach to lead

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not bitter....it just makes me laugh after watching Crosby this year

jidar
11-06-2007, 12:42 PM
at first I wasn't impressed with Herm at all, but I'm starting to see the method to his madness.
As it stands right now, and I'm surprised to admit it, I actually want to see what he does next year after we do a bit of offense retooling in the off season

Pablo
True everybody has their misses.

And is a 5th rounder really that big of a deal?... I mean it's a 5th rounder.

I can't believe some people are still bitter over that.Exactly..a 5th round kicker none the less. Some people act like he wasted our first round pick on a star RB who is a complete bust. But Herm did well in the first round, and I doubted him..I was wrong. Bowe is a stud.

Halfcan
I'm not bitter....it just makes me laugh after watching Crosby this year

Crosby has been Money all year. Damm I wish we had him! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

FAX

I know it sounds silly, Mr. Halfcan. And, it is. But, I really got the impression that he's flustrated about the lack of offense ... particularly in the first half of games. When asked about Brodie, he didn't dismiss the idea and repeat the "Damon is our starter" mantra. Instead, he spoke about the need to score, that we haven't been able to do that, and something needs to be done.

FAX

RustShack
11-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Herm is the transition coach
he will pick the talent
for the next coach to lead

No way, the next coach would need his own talent and then there would be another couple years for him to rebuild the team how he wants it. Unless they hired a coach with the same exact philosiphy and wanted the same talent. But either way he would still want some of his own players, and knowing Carl he would hire another coach to go in a new direction and start all over. I don't see Carl getting rid of Edwards though, and unfortionatly I don't see us getting rid of Carl.

Halfcan
11-06-2007, 12:44 PM
at first I wasn't impressed with Herm at all, but I'm starting to see the method to his madness.
As it stands right now, and I'm surprised to admit it, I actually want to see what he does next year after we do a bit of offense retooling this year.

Next year???

Lets hope it does not come to that-lol

Herm would be a good siding salesman.

Skip Towne
11-06-2007, 12:47 PM
He flustrates me. Always talking about things being swole.

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I know it sounds silly, Mr. Halfcan. And, it is. But, I really got the impression that he's flustrated about the lack of offense ... particularly in the first half of games. When asked about Brodie, he didn't dismiss the idea and repeat the "Damon is our starter" mantra. Instead, he spoke about the need to score, that we haven't been able to do that, and something needs to be done.

FAX

That point could be taken both ways.....

Like, it took him half the ****ing year to realize that

talastan
11-06-2007, 12:49 PM

FAX
I think that Carl is putting pressure enough on Herm to produce offensively. However Carl is the one holding it back. Even if you argue that the offensive line is the reason behind the lack of points, wouldn't it help to have a YOUNG, MOBILE QB back there to move around if the pass protection fails? Or a QB who can get rid of the ball fast, and make the time needed for the pass blocking significantly easier? Or a QB who can open up the run by making big throws downfield to open up the box and keep defenses honest? Sounds like Brodie to me!!

FAX
11-06-2007, 12:52 PM
That point could be taken both ways.....

Like, it took him half the ****ing year to realize that

Quite so, Mr. smittysbar. Still, part of the job of being an NFL head coach is demonstrating patience. One can't overreact to a single game performance or even a number of games. If Hermoine is now realizing that Downfield isn't getting it done and taking a knee when a defensive player is within 5 yards and consistently overthrowing receivers and generally holding us back, I say better late than never.

FAX

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 12:56 PM
It's getting to the point were it is going to be to late, then we have to have next season to see what we have, very bad coaching decision IMHO

Bob Dole
11-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Kevin Harlan is a witch.

KCJohnny
11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Quite so, Mr. smittysbar. Still, part of the job of being an NFL head coach is demonstrating patience. One can't overreact to a single game performance or even a number of games. If Hermoine is now realizing that Downfield isn't getting it done and taking a knee when a defensive player is within 5 yards and consistently overthrowing receivers and generally holding us back, I say better late than never.

FAX

ROFL

Skip Towne
11-06-2007, 01:10 PM

FAX
Huard assumes a mean fetal position.

Chiefnj2
11-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Not every coach can have a team with worst offensive rankings in just about every category.

FAX
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Not every coach can have a team with worst offensive rankings in just about every category.

Yep. And, eventually, even Hermoine can take only so much of this nonsense. Our offense is not improving. That is clear. I'd hate to see the split on this season's first half offensive production.

FAX

tooge
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes.

With the Oline and soft corners he inherited, he is earning his wages.

Huard or Croyle, it doesn't make a difference.

We are another year or two from competing for a championship.
remember, He also inherited no D line, two crappy linebackers, and worthless receivers. I would say that to date, he is doing a great job. This team could have been 4-12 last year and 4-12 this year and with the talent Herm arrived here to, I wouldn't be surprised. if the chiefs are not dominating in 2 years, I'll bitch. Until then Herm gets some sort of pass in my book

Eleazar
11-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Huard missed practice today. His doorbell rang and he's still curled up under the coffee table sobbing

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Huard missed practice today. His doorbell rang and he's still curled up under the coffee table sobbingROFLROFLROFL

tomahawk kid
11-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Herm's doing a great job considering of what he's had to work with AND the fact that King Carl has one arm tied behind his back.

Simply Red
11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
not really. Could be worse though, I guess.

Micjones
11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I think Edwards has done a decent job given the circumstances.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I am a herm fan and always have been a herm fan, but i am surprised on how many people have finally made it on his bandwagon.

Molitoth
11-06-2007, 02:18 PM
When Herm decides to make a QB change, I will then again "like" him as our head coach.

Chief Faithful
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I believe the team is going in the right direction because of Herm. The last two drafts have been the best back to back that I can remember.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Harlan will continue to say that Herm is doing a great job UNTIL he leaves .......... then he will tell us all the problems that existed while Edwards was head coach here.

MahiMike
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
yes amazing how he dismantled the best offense in the NFL. Watching the Colts and Patriots' balanced teams makes me sick to my stomach. The Chiefs were rightthere. And then Hermy showed up...

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 02:45 PM
One of the best things Herm has done since hes been here is to get the team to play better on the road. We were an atrocious road team under DV.

tomahawk kid
11-06-2007, 02:46 PM
yes amazing how he dismantled the best offense in the NFL. Watching the Colts and Patriots' balanced teams makes me sick to my stomach. The Chiefs were rightthere. And then Hermy showed up...

With ZERO defense to speak of.

We had nothing close to balance before Herm showed up.

Not saying it's brought it here (yet), but we certainly weren't close to the Pats or Colts.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
yes amazing how he dismantled the best offense in the NFL.

He did?

So he made Green, T-Rich, Priest, Roaf, Shields and Kennison get old?

Amazing.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2007, 02:49 PM

Yeah, and not every coach can have a team with the worst defensive ranking in just about every category, either. Right? :rolleyes:

Given that this is a team that is clearly in transition and rebuilding, I think Herm's doing a fine job. The defense went from laughing stock to top ten in less than 18 months. The Chiefs have never had as many players contributing each Sunday that are still in their rookie contracts.

With the addition of three new starting offensive lineman (two via the draft, one via free agency) and another wide receiver who can stretch the field, the 2008 Chiefs will be serious contenders.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
He did?

So he made Green, T-Rich, Priest, Roaf, Shields and Kennison get old?

Amazing.
and in 2 years when the offense still sucks what will your excuse be?

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
and in 2 years when the offense still sucks what will your excuse be?

Ask me in 2 years.

If it still sucks, then yes, obviously its all on him. Heck, ask me in one year. If he doesnt completely rebuild this offense like he rebuilt the D, then again, its all on him.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Ask me in 2 years.

If it still sucks, then yes, obviously its all on him. Heck, ask me in one year. If he doesnt completely rebuild this offense like he rebuilt the D, then again, its all on him.
so when you see the truck headlights and hear the truck horn you still don't believe you're gonna get hit until your skull cracks open? :hmmm:

FAX
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
One of the best things Herm has done since hes been here is to get the team to play better on the road. We were an atrocious road team under DV.

Agreed. Now we need to work on that home field advantage thing.

FAX

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 03:27 PM
so when you see the truck headlights and hear the truck horn you still don't believe you're gonna get hit until your skull cracks open? :hmmm:

Give it time. Rome wasnt built in a day. He did draft a WR #1 this year did he not??

At least he recognized the Offensive shortcomings.

We all gave DV until "Year 3" before the blooms came off the Rose. Why cant we do the same with Herm??

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Give it time. Rome wasnt built in a day. He did draft a WR #1 this year did he not??

At least he recognized the Offensive shortcomings.
marty did too ...... it's the implementation that killed him

Deberg_1990
11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
marty did too ...... it's the implementation that killed him

What WR did Marty draft # 1??

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 03:47 PM
What WR did Marty draft # 1??
he didn't .... i meant knowing he had offensive weaknesses.

he did drafted 2 RB's and 2 OT though during his time.

his inability to put together and implement an NFL level offense that killed us.

picasso
11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Herm is doing fine on the defensive side of the ball but he did little in the off season to make up for a Oline that was disappearing. It should have been a higher priority. He did little to bolster the offensive weapons we have other than adding Bowe and now he doesn't even get a pass thrown to him.
The thing he needs to do this next off season is FIRST get rid of Solari.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Herm is doing fine on the defensive side of the ball but he did little in the off season to make up for a Oline that was disappearing. It should have been a higher priority. He did little to bolster the offensive weapons we have other than adding Bowe and now he doesn't even get a pass thrown to him.
The thing he needs to do this next off season is FIRST get rid of Solari.

but is it solari or Herm?

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
but is it solari or Herm?

I don't think that Al Saunders could anything more with this over-the-hill offensive line. He's barely doing better (if at all) in Washington with a much younger line, better receivers and a good running back (in Portis).

Until the offensive line is rebuilt, there's not much that can be done with this offense.

jjjayb
11-06-2007, 04:09 PM

The best team we've beaten this year has a 4-4 record. I'd love to see us beat a team with a winning record before we crown him.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 04:14 PM
I don't think that Al Saunders could anything more with this over-the-hill offensive line. He's barely doing better (if at all) in Washington with a much younger line, better receivers and a good running back (in Portis).

Until the offensive line is rebuilt, there's not much that can be done with this offense.
maybe ... but Saunders has the same kind of conservative type of head coach over him in washington.

washingtons best game was the one where Gibbs admitted that he told Saunders to "try it" because the offense was struggling.

when the head coach is more afraid of turnovers than he is wanting to score it reflects in the offense to it's very core.

if you go back to our offense, we've had some success too. When we've got behind and had to open it up. In Chicago was absurdly obvious that our offense sucked completely until we fell 17 points behind. Then we opened it up for 2 drives and scored 10 points. Then we went back into our shell and started sucking again.

Halfcan
11-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Herm's doing a great job considering of what he's had to work with AND the fact that King Carl has one arm tied behind his back.

So you don't think any run of the mill high school coach could have done just as well??

Halfcan
11-06-2007, 04:44 PM
maybe ... but Saunders has the same kind of conservative type of head coach over him in washington.

washingtons best game was the one where Gibbs admitted that he told Saunders to "try it" because the offense was struggling.

when the head coach is more afraid of turnovers than he is wanting to score it reflects in the offense to it's very core.

if you go back to our offense, we've had some success too. When we've got behind and had to open it up. In Chicago was absurdly obvious that our offense sucked completely until we fell 17 points behind. Then we opened it up for 2 drives and scored 10 points. Then we went back into our shell and started sucking again.

Exactly! Herm is scared to death to throw it farther than 10 yards.

Halfcan
11-06-2007, 04:46 PM

Ya Portis is All World. :rolleyes: He wears some nice ladies dresses too.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM

I would hardly call Joe Gibbs conservative. He's always run the Coryell offense and has had some pretty high-flying offenses in the past (the smurfs come to mind). If there's a problem in DC, it's that they've went from an old guy in Brunell to a young guy in Campbell. But they've got more talent than KC's current offense and they're struggling.

I don't think the problem is with the coaching. It's due to lack of talent, specifically along the offensive line.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Ya Portis is All World. :rolleyes: He wears some nice ladies dresses too.

So are you implying that Portis isn't a *good* running back? Because that's what *I* said. I didn't say All-World.

KCJohnny
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Exactly! Herm is scared to death to throw it farther than 10 yards.
Actually, through week 8 only 5 QBs in the NFL out of 45 who have started a game this year had more completions of 20+ yards than Damon Huard.

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Actually, through week 8 only 5 QBs in the NFL out of 45 who have started a game this year had more completions of 20+ yards than Damon Huard. To bad he didn't throw most of those, catch and run sure makes the stats look nice tough don't they...