PDA

View Full Version : Okay Honestly! MU-KU

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Okay here it is, after watching the games this season, and seeing both teams kick ass last weekend, what do you HONESTLY think?

KU blew out Neb at home, setting some records along the way. MU blew out CU on the road giving up only 10, that was caused by a blocked punt and a fluke INT. KU let Neb put up some #'s on this so ca;;ed great D.

I admit I was impressed with KU's Offense last week, but watching MU later that night, I don't think it is near MU's.

To me it seems that MU has a more complete team, and I don't see KU winning @ AH. Given anything can happen in football, I just don't think they are quite the caliber of a team that MU is.

Fish
11-06-2007, 01:37 PM
KU > MU by a small margin

KC_Connection
11-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Was it really necessary to post another thread about the same topic that has been rehashed here in countless threads over the last few weeks/days?

Eleazar
re<i></i>post

tyton75
MU > KU by a small margin

StcChief
11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
MU

Frazod
11-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Even I'm tired of this shit. :banghead:

KCFalcon59
11-06-2007, 01:43 PM
KU(BCS) = MU + 2

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Was it really necessary to post another thread about the same topic that has been rehashed here in countless threads over the last few weeks/days?

Well what I was looking for was honest opinions on the games last weekend, and if KU fans (after watching MU Sat. night) thought that KU is really better. It's a little different. You don't ever seem to mind discussing your points

Mr. Plow
11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
I'd say MU probably has the better overall team, but I believe my Hawks will pull this one out.

Pitt Gorilla
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I was very impressed with KU's offense. Right now, both teams are playing incredibly well. I'm a Missouri fan, so I hope we don't slip up prior to the game at Arrowhead.

ROYC75
11-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Repost of a repost, that is a repost from the previous repost........

I'm reposted to death...........

Braincase
11-06-2007, 02:08 PM
MU has the better players.... but KU is a better team (whole greater than the sum of its parts), and KU has a better head coach.

And Todd Reesing is Chuck Norris bastard child.

Bob Dole
11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow. Why didn't anyone think to post a poll like this before now?

Sure-Oz
11-06-2007, 02:18 PM
KU are the patriots of college football, mu'z gonna looooozzzeeeee oh noooo's

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Okay here it is, after watching the games this season, and seeing both teams kick ass last weekend, what do you HONESTLY think?

KU blew out Neb at home, setting some records along the way. MU blew out CU on the road giving up only 10, that was caused by a blocked punt and a fluke INT. KU let Neb put up some #'s on this so ca;;ed great D.

I admit I was impressed with KU's Offense last week, but watching MU later that night, I don't think it is near MU's.

To me it seems that MU has a more complete team, and I don't see KU winning @ AH. Given anything can happen in football, I just don't think they are quite the caliber of a team that MU is.

I thought I told you to STFU n00b.

:D

:p

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Gary Pinkel and his Tigers all the way.

HolyHandgernade
11-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll say what Isaid before. I think it is nuts to try an gauge a football team against another by how they play against other teams. Its college football, and in college football there are so many factors, that you can't predict who is better on any given day with comparable teams. I mean Kentucky beat LSU, then where did they go? LSU is at the other end of the spectrum, seems like they should be the best team, but how many 4th down gambles can you possibly win? Plus, with college kids, its not their only focus, with school, friends, and girls, who knows what might be on your star player's mind at any moment.

The great thing is, we don't have to speculate. It'll take care of itself. One team will beat the other, one fan base will have bragging rights over the other, one fan base will offer all kinds of excuses why they didn't perform as well as they could have. It never changes. Just enjoy it. Truth is, its a free-for-all among the top teams this year. Any of them have a chance to win it all, or crumble at a moment's notice. But. what we can say, is that they are all good, they all have a shot as of now, and fortunately for this poll, it'll be settled on the field. Who handles the pressure better, who makes the better adjustments, who executes better. In a few weeks we get to find out, but it does no good to compare victories or scoring margins, or SOS, or BCS rankings.

It just doesn't matter!

Rock Chalk!

-HH

Spott
11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I think we need to put more MU/KU threads on the first page. There hasn't been enough of them lately.

Does anyone know how they are doing the seating for the game at Arrowhead? Are they doing it like the Florida/Georgia game and putting half the fans on one side and half on the other?

Frazod
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know how they are doing the seating for the game at Arrowhead? Are they doing it like the Florida/Georgia game and putting half the fans on one side and half on the other?
Since this is a home game for Kansas *snicker* I deliberately got tickets on the north side of the stadium (visitor side for Chief games).

DJay23
11-06-2007, 04:00 PM
First of all, I've only gotten to watch the KU game at Colorado so far this year and no Missouri games. I have followed as closely as I can through kusports.com and various other media outlest the Jayhawks, but generally try to avoid anything Missouri related as I believe it to be a foul and disgusting institution.

Looking at it I think both teams have been tested at different points in the season and have come out on top in clutch situations. As far as KU goes, I know we are winning games in the 4th quarter with defense that we lost last year. KU has amazing depth on D and that has kept it fresh.

I really see the two teams as a wash at this point. Sure Mizzou has played tougher competition, but they also lost to one of those teams. One thing that I like about KU is we've snatched victory from the jaws of defeat against KSU and held on in tight contests (aTm and CU).

I'm actually pretty nervous this week for KU going into Stillwater. I think OSU may be a pretty good tune up for Mizzou with their high powered offense. I think if KU can shut the Cowboys down offensively, we've got a good shot versus Mizzou. If not, I think our guys could be in some trouble November 24th.

One thing that keeps me hopeful is that Mangino has outcoached Pinkel several times before when the teams were on par with one another. I'm just enjoying the ride at this point and hoping beyond hope that the impossible could happen.

Spott
11-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Since this is a home game for Kansas *snicker* I deliberately got tickets on the north side of the stadium (visitor side for Chief games).

You gonna need bail money for the game? I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of arrests at the stadium that weekend.

Frazod
11-06-2007, 04:04 PM
You gonna need bail money for the game? I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of arrests at the stadium that weekend.

It could get ugly if I'm seated around a lot of dumbass beakers.

Are you going to the game?

KC_Connection
11-06-2007, 05:00 PM

I am, remember. LMAO

beer bacon
11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I was very impressed with KU's offense. Right now, both teams are playing incredibly well. I'm a Missouri fan, so I hope we don't slip up prior to the game at Arrowhead.

KU's offense looked fantastic being held to 19 points in consecutive weeks against CU and Texas A&M. MU put up 55 on CU. I wonder how many they will put against A&M this weekend?

beer bacon
11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Did anybody see Mangino's great coaching job against Pinkel last season? Mangino stopped all those two point conversions, and MU only ended up winning 42-17.

Simplex3
11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Now that there is a viable way to actually ignore things posts like this need to go the f**k away. Not only were you not forced to open this thread you could have never even seen it.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
there isn't a fan on either side that shouldn't be scared shitless.

let's face it, we are pretty much cursed around these parts when it comes to sports and both sides should be going into the game EXPECTING to lose.

every fan should have that seeping dread of another heartbreaking lost getting ready to happen ....

KcMizzou
11-06-2007, 06:55 PM
there isn't a fan on either side that shouldn't be scared shitless.

let's face it, we are pretty much cursed around these parts when it comes to sports and both sides should be going into the game EXPECTING to lose.

every fan should have that seeping dread of another heartbreaking lost getting ready to happen ....Watch us both lose the game before...

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Watch us both lose the game before...

That would suck so bad!!! But at least we are used to let down

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Watch us both lose the game before...
good point ....... the only way for the curse to truly work is for both teams to lose at least 1 game before the arrowhead meeting so that nobody gives a rip about the outcome except for the fans of each team.

nothing on the line .... no media .... no ranking ... no title ... no nothing.

that IS the curse

thanks for bringing me back to reality

Spott
11-06-2007, 07:04 PM

Not unless I can get the day after Thanksgiving off. Even then I don't know if I'd go. MU has lost every sporting event that I've ever went to and I don't feel like jinxing them now.

Frazod
11-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Not unless I can get the day after Thanksgiving off. Even then I don't know if I'd go. MU has lost every sporting event that I've ever went to and I don't feel like jinxing them now.

Well, then, stay the hell away. :D

Seriously, I hope you can make it. This will be the first MU game I've been to since I was 15, and I'm 42.

Coach
11-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I will wait, until the week that leads up to the KU/MU game before I give out my opinion.

Eleazar
11-06-2007, 07:27 PM
good point ....... the only way for the curse to truly work is for both teams to lose at least 1 game before the arrowhead meeting so that nobody gives a rip about the outcome except for the fans of each team.

nothing on the line .... no media .... no ranking ... no title ... no nothing.

that IS the curse

thanks for bringing back to reality

It's not hard to see... Kansas loses before the game, then whichever team wins gets hammered by OU in the title game, thereby retconning the game into not having been that important.

Spott
11-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, then, stay the hell away. :D

Seriously, I hope you can make it. This will be the first MU game I've been to since I was 15, and I'm 42.

I never thought I could be jinxing them because I was just going to football games at first. Then I went to a basketball game to see MU play Nebraska on my birthday while Norm was still the coach. NU beat us that night, too. They hadn't won in Colombia in forever until I showed up.

Frazod
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I never thought I could be jinxing them because I was just going to football games at first. Then I went to a basketball game to see MU play Nebraska on my birthday while Norm was still the coach. NU beat us that night, too. They hadn't won in Colombia in forever until I showed up.

Hmm... you'd better just stop talking about it before some damned beaker gives you a free ticket. :spock:

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Hmm... you'd better just stop talking about it before some damned beaker gives you a free ticket. :spock:
i think we can work something out for spott :fire:

KcMizzou
11-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey, while I'm thinking about it...

Did anyone catch the nice 3 page article SI did on Mizzou in the NBA preview issue?

It's 2 weeks old now, but it was a nice read.

(Wondering if I could dig it up online now :hmmm: )

Frazod
11-06-2007, 07:43 PM

LMAO

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
LMAO
hey .... i'll buy him a ticket and you start the game thread

we should be set. :D

Frazod
11-06-2007, 07:46 PM
hey .... i'll buy him a ticket and you start the game thread

we should be set. :D

That wasn't very nice. :cuss:

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 07:49 PM
That wasn't very nice. :cuss:

i'm sorry, Mr. Go Cowboys!.

:spock:

Frazod
11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
i'm sorry, Mr. Go Cowboys.

:spock:

What?

o:-)

Mr. Laz
11-06-2007, 07:55 PM
What?

o:-)
beware the lightening bolt ...... that halo might get someones attention.

http://members.aol.com/AngelsHoly/peggy.gif

Tits McGee
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Is the Big 12 Championship in San Antonio, 1 week after the MU/KU grudge match?

teedubya
11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
MU is superior to KU in nearly every way. The great and powerful Gary Pinkel is a god among men. He alone will lead his troops over the meak weak ****ing 9-0 joke called KU.

teedubya
11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
oh wait, one way MU isn't superior to KU is rank and record. Forgot about those.

Spott
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM

The last time I saw KU and MU play was about 8 years ago when KU shut them out 21-0. I was in town for the MU/KU game last year and made a last minute decision not to go.

11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Mangino has had Pinkle's number for years now though. REmember the Brad Smith years?

I give the edge to KU on that alone.

beer bacon
11-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Mangino has had Pinkle's number for years now though. REmember the Brad Smith years?

Remember last year?

smittysbar
11-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Remember last year?

:p

KcMizzou
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
MU is superior to KU in nearly every way. The great and powerful Gary Pinkel is a god among men. He alone will lead his troops over the meak weak ****ing 9-0 joke called KU.Come on now...

How many Mizzou fans are saying that?

And with the options available in the poll... what do you expect us to vote for?

What's interesting, is that KC tends to be a KU town, much more than an MU town... yet the poll results heavily favor Mizzou.

(Not that that says jack about how the game will turn out.)

KcMizzou
11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
The last time I saw KU and MU play was about 8 years ago when KU shut them out 21-0. I was in town for the MU/KU game last year and made a last minute decision not to go.Thank you.

Frazod
11-06-2007, 09:06 PM

I seem to remember that Brad Smith now plays for the New York Jets. :hmmm:

Frazod
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Thank you.

If he changes his mind, we need to take his ass out before he gets inside the stadium. :bang:

Eleazar
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh man. I was at the same game as Spott was.

Frazod
11-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh man. I was at the same game as Spott was.

You're added to the list. :bang:

(sorry dude, but we can't take any chances..... :) )

KcMizzou
11-06-2007, 09:32 PM
You're added to the list. :bang:

(sorry dude, but we can't take any chances..... :) )LMAO

Thankfully, I've never attended an MU loss.

(Win, either. :))

Hopefully after Nov 24th, I'm cool to see a second Mizzou game in person.

Sure-Oz
11-07-2007, 01:22 AM

I'm sure mangino has everyones #'s in an eating contest.

smittysbar
11-07-2007, 09:05 AM
He reminds me of a cartoon when they blow up and start floating like a baloon

Dave Lane
11-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm going with the X factor of Pinkel blowing a late season game which hes seems to do every year.

Dave

smittysbar
11-07-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm going with the X factor of Pinkel blowing a late season game which hes seems to do every year.

Dave

Yeah, he has realy surprised me this year. Hope he doesn't have one of his brian farts