PDA

View Full Version : Would you Chiefs fans rather...

Buck
11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
...Win the AFC West over the Chargers or Let the Chargers win it and get a better draft pick?

Heres what I think:

I really wanted D Bowe, and you guys got him. He is going to help so much in the future of your franchise.

We got Craig Davis, who really hasn't shown anything yet. And with Gates, Chambers, and Jackson (all of which are signed through at least 09) hes not really going to do anything. I'm starting to think its a wasted pick, but only time will tell.

At this point I don't think that either of us are going to make any noise in the playoffs.

No offense, but you have Huard as your starting QB, and we have Norv as our Head Coach.

So anyways, at this point I am almost willing to have the Chargers let the Chiefs take the division (not that they ever would) so we can get the better draft pick this year.

Its been a while since the Chargers had a top 10 pick, and I'm sure even longer for the Chiefs. I really think the team who fails this season is better off for the future.

11-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Considering the draft pick won't change that much with the record both teams will probably end up with, I would say it makes no difference.

Bugeater
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
OK, I'm only going to ask this one more time, why are you Cro?

Buck
11-06-2007, 11:39 PM

Do not fear me. I am here for your women and children.

FAX
11-06-2007, 11:40 PM

Good question. Norville ReddenBucker was one of the greatest usernames of all times.

FAX

Buck
11-06-2007, 11:40 PM

If you cant tell, then theres something wrong with you.

Edit: Unless you have it so you cant see my Avatar or Sig

tk13
11-06-2007, 11:42 PM
I'd rather make the playoffs. If we get in, we're probably gonna have one of the worst playoff records anyway, so it's not like we're going to draft 29th or something.

And while we probably wouldn't even be favored... we'd at least have a shot, at home, to try and end the playoff win drought. I think that's important though. If you draft well you'll find good players anywhere.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2007, 11:43 PM
You can have this division when you pry it from Larry Johnson's cold, dead foot.

FAX
11-06-2007, 11:46 PM
You can have this division when you pry it from Larry Johnson's cold, dead foot.

ROFL

FAX

Bugeater
11-06-2007, 11:48 PM
If you cant tell, then theres something wrong with you.
Did you lose a bet or something? I haven't been on a lot lately.

Buck
11-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Did you lose a bet or something? I haven't been on a lot lately.

antonio CROmartie is about the only good thing on our team right now

Hes a stud

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2007, 11:50 PM
No offense, but you have Huard as your starting QB, and we have Norv as our Head Coach.

As much as I think Huard sucks, he has beat the Chargers both times he has faced them.

Buck
11-06-2007, 11:51 PM
As much as I think Huard sucks, he has beat the Chargers both times he has faced them.

And that has to do with winning in the playoffs how?

Bugeater
11-06-2007, 11:52 PM

Hes a stud
You named yourself after a player? Didn't you learn anything from Go Bo?

Buck
11-06-2007, 11:52 PM

Dude, Buckin KAEDING....

11-06-2007, 11:53 PM
He just wants to eat Cro.

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
And that has to do with winning in the playoffs how?

You werent asking about winning in the playoffs just getting there.

Silock
11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I'd rather lose out. No one is going to beat the Colts or the Pats to win the SB, anyway.

Bugeater
11-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Dude, Buckin KAEDING....
OK, it's better than naming yourself after the coach. I'll give you that.

Buck
11-06-2007, 11:56 PM
You werent asking about winning in the playoffs just getting there.

My point was that no matter which one of us goes to the playoffs, were not going anywhere once we get there.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-07-2007, 12:00 AM
what an incredibly retarded question.

Rasputin
11-07-2007, 12:12 AM
I don't want to get crushed in the playoffs. Been there done that. I hate losing, but I hate the fact that our QB sucks and he isn't getting us anywhere close to being a better football team. If they switch QBs soon then I would want Croyle to get the playoff experience. If we don't switch QBs then I think this season has been a total waist.

Our Defense is good but not great, we have a lot of growing yet and this is not our year so I would rather the Dolts win the devision than us getting killed in the playoffs AGAIN. If 8 & 8 wins the devision then that is just sad for us & how can we be proud of that?

Buck
11-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I like watching college football, but I have no clue on who is going into the draft.

You guys know of any premier DBs that will be going top 15?

Mama Hip Rockets
11-07-2007, 12:16 AM
I like watching college football, but I have no clue on who is going into the draft.

You guys know of any premier DBs that will be going top 15?

is quentin jammer not premier enough?

picky picky picky.

Buck
11-07-2007, 12:20 AM
is quentin jammer not premier enough?

picky picky picky.

Is Eric Warfield available?

stumppy
11-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I'd rather we led the division and humiliated our division opponents by beating them on their home fields......oh wait.

Buck
11-07-2007, 12:30 AM
I'd rather we led the division and humiliated our division opponents by beating them on their home fields......oh wait.

Thats a good one, hope it doesnt come back to bite you in the ass.

DFB
11-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Win the division. Absolutely, without question.

Mama Hip Rockets
Is Eric Warfield available?

is it 2003? living in the past a little, are we?

stumppy
Thats a good one, hope it doesnt come back to bite you in the ass.

UH...HELLO.... I'm a Chiefs fan.

Having our team bite us in the ass is a seasonal occurance.

Buck
11-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Win the division. Absolutely, without question.

How the hell do you already have 1000 posts with this account?

DFB
11-07-2007, 12:42 AM
There's alot on my mind. Not to say I'm thinking about many different things, just that I have a massive brain.

el borracho
11-07-2007, 12:47 AM
I would never wish for us to lose.

DFB
11-07-2007, 12:50 AM
I would never wish for us to lose.

Exactly. Seems logical and admirable, but you'd be surprised...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=7339

luv
11-07-2007, 12:53 AM
There's alot on my mind. Not to say I'm thinking about many different things, just that I have a massive brain.

It's not the size, but how you use it, that matters. :p

DFB
11-07-2007, 12:54 AM
It's not the size, but how you use it, that matters. :p

It works overtime. ;)

luv
11-07-2007, 12:58 AM
It works overtime. ;)
That explains that burning smell.

DFB
11-07-2007, 01:02 AM
That explains that burning smell.

...and the smoke.

luv
11-07-2007, 01:05 AM
If you're going to throw the division for a higher draft pick, would you want to lose all your games? If you're going for a draft pick, might as well go for #1.

I'd love to win the division. I'd love to win the AFC championship. I'd love to win the Super Bowl.

I wish we were that good.

DFB
11-07-2007, 01:08 AM
If you're going to throw the division for a higher draft pick, would you want to lose all your games? If you're going for a draft pick, might as well go for #1.

I'd love to win the division. I'd love to win the AFC championship. I'd love to win the Super Bowl.

I wish we were that good.

I believe we're good enough to get the division.

[Insert 'division sucks' comment here] :rolleyes:

el borracho
11-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Exactly. Seems logical and admirable, but you'd be surprised...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=7339
I'm not too surprised. The people who don't want to go to the playoffs wouldn't wish for us to lose, either. They just realize that the 2007 Chiefs are not an elite team and don't belong in the playoffs. If we do go we will probably be humiliated again, maybe even at home.

It's sad, really, how bad the AFCW is but it does highlight the need for a franchise QB. None of the AFCW has one and it is glaringly apparent which makes the decision to play Huard over Croyle even more disappointing. At least the Chargers and the Broncos can hope their young QBs improved some this year. What have we gained this year? Nine weeks in, we have no hope of postseason success and we still know nothing about our young QB. Even if we win the West, it will have been a wasted season. (sigh)

But I still won't wish for us to lose. At least we can sweep the Raidurrs again- that is always fun.

DFB
11-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Even if we win the West, it will have been a wasted season. (sigh)

More playoff experience for our young D and the rooks and other young guys on the team....is not a wasted season. It's progress towards the ultimate goal.

Indy didn't do it overnight. Remember when Herm's Jets thrashed them in the first round?

luv
11-07-2007, 01:13 AM
I believe we're good enough to get the division.

[Insert 'division sucks' comment here] :rolleyes:
Are you saying it doesn't? To be 4-4 and winning the division......?

luv
11-07-2007, 01:16 AM
No, no, no. I am not going to argue an unwinnable argument. No.

patteeu
11-07-2007, 07:19 AM
I'd rather make the playoffs. If we get in, we're probably gonna have one of the worst playoff records anyway, so it's not like we're going to draft 29th or something.

And while we probably wouldn't even be favored... we'd at least have a shot, at home, to try and end the playoff win drought. I think that's important though. If you draft well you'll find good players anywhere.

And in addition to those excellent reasons for preferring to win the division, making the playoffs this year will be the "playoff experience" many of our younger players can have in their pockets for the future if KC makes it back whether we win a game this time around or not.

philfree
11-07-2007, 07:23 AM
I would never question anyones fandom but I would question their heart if they'd rather have a lower draft pick over a playoff birth.

PhilFree:arrow:

Phobia
11-07-2007, 07:32 AM
More playoff experience for our young D and the rooks and other young guys on the team....is not a wasted season. It's progress towards the ultimate goal.

Indy didn't do it overnight. Remember when Herm's Jets thrashed them in the first round?

Outstanding point.

greg63
11-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Considering the draft pick won't change that much with the record both teams will probably end up with, I would say it makes no difference.
Exactly!

I also remember the Jets being so eager to get rid of Herm that we picked him up for a fourth round pick; doesn't instill in me a lot of confidence in Herm's abilities.

El Jefe
11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I would rather win the division.

bkkcoh
11-07-2007, 11:27 AM
If they make the playoffs, it will be either the 21 or 22 pick, given that the Chiefs would get beat in the first round.

Isn't the draft order for teams 1 - 20 determined on worst record and draft choices 21 - 32 is determined by playoff exit.

Not sure exactly if they determine the opponents record for teams that exit the playoffs at the same time.

KurtCobain
11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
ummm... chargers suck chiefs rule and you should've used the bottom part of Cro's name to raname yourself. martie. there's a nice name.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Do not fear me. I am here for your women and children.

LMAO Nice. You say you wanted D Bowe? I was hoping we'd get Cro. I guess that makes us even.

Boyceofsummer
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Hes a stud

We like you. WE REALLY LIKE YOU!

Hang around for more mindless banter. When you look into the eyes of another lover....................Pat's-Colts........................that's all you'll have is mindless banter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Cromartie