PDA

View Full Version : I've come to terms with LJ being out...

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
One game, the whole year, whatever. I'm over it.

Positives:

1. The holes this year are much smaller. Priest is going to be better at getting through them.

2. As much as I love LJ, he was a huge liability in pass protection. At least we don't have to deal with that any more.

3. When Trent got hurt last year, it seemed like the rest of the team picked up their play to compensate...maybe, just maybe, LJ being hurt will do the same.

Molitoth
11-07-2007, 02:57 PM
We already know we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs this year with your retard Huard under center and this pathetic o-line performance. May as well get LJ some rest and ready to make a super bowl run next year.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Spin it..

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Seriously, the way he's played this season, what will we miss?

Rausch
11-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Spin it..

Now he's got an excuse to have someone drive him around...

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Seriously, the way he's played this season, what will we miss?

You won't see any more 30-yard TDs, that's for sure. And you can forget the 54-yard runs.

bobbything
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
You won't see any more 30-yard TDs, that's for sure. And you can forget the 54-yard runs.
Those weren't really coming in droves here.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Those weren't really coming in droves here.

Larry had five runs over 20 yards this year, and the one run over 40 yards. Only a couple backs were doing better in breaking the big ones.

Doubt we see a run over 20 yards the rest of the season.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Like you say, Priest will fill those shoes and warm our hearts over.

bobbything
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Larry had five runs over 20 yards this year, and the one run over 40 yards. Only a couple backs were doing better in breaking the big ones.

Doubt we see a run over 20 yards the rest of the season.
Spin this any way you like dude. The facts are that he averaged 3.5 yards per carry and 70 yards per game. Only 3 TD's all year.

That's terrible.

L.A. Chieffan
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't really care that much except we have an excellent backup in Michael Bennett...whoops.

Chief Pote
11-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Spin it..

Hey, what are you doing here this week? We're talking top secret game plan strategies. We're gonna hook up with Herm later in the week.

L.A. Chieffan
11-07-2007, 03:26 PM
No seriously, what sucks the most is what Whitlock touched on. LJ looked like a different back in the GB game. He looked HAPPY.
Before that game I wouldn't have been surprised to see LJ take the flag and chuck into the stands instead of wave it with joy.

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
You won't see any more 30-yard TDs, that's for sure. And you can forget the 54-yard runs.Yes, there were so many, it was tough to keep track...
:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Spin this any way you like dude. The facts are that he averaged 3.5 yards per carry and 70 yards per game. Only 3 TD's all year.

That's terrible.

That wasn't the issue...LJ has ripped off some long runs this year...I doubt we see many of those the rest of the season.

Molitoth
11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
That wasn't the issue...LJ has ripped off some long runs this year...I doubt we see many of those the rest of the season.

From LJ.

Maybe we will see some from Priest. =)

bobbything
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
So what? Maybe we'll be more consistent? Maybe, instead of one rush of 30 for every 30 rushes of 1, we'll see some more consistency. I don't know.

The only player on this team that has proven, this season, his absence would hinder the performance of the team is Gonzalez. Then maybe Bowe. A distant, distant 3rd would probably be Huard.

I honestly don't see Smith/Holmes being any drop off. Which still isn't saying much.

King_Chief_Fan
11-07-2007, 03:47 PM

Positives:

1. The holes this year are much smaller. Priest is going to be better at getting through them.

2. As much as I love LJ, he was a huge liability in pass protection. At least we don't have to deal with that any more.

3. When Trent got hurt last year, it seemed like the rest of the team picked up their play to compensate...maybe, just maybe, LJ being hurt will do the same.

just when I thought you couldn't be more stupid.

StcChief
11-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Now he's got an excuse to have someone drive him around...

that's what a MayBach is for ..... Mercedes Limo. LJ doing it right even with hoisting crutches

pr_capone
11-07-2007, 04:19 PM

100 yards is not 100 yards.

The back who can consistently get you 4 yards per carry, and get 100 total rushing yards in a game, will get you 1st downs which translate into points whether it be by field goals or touchdowns.

Now... the back who breaks off one huge run per game, but then sucks the rest of the time but still gets 100 total rushing yards in a game, will get you 1 first down, possibly into scoring range, then nothing much else for the rest of the game.

I would much rather have a back who gets me 4-5 yards consistently than have one that breaks off a 80 yd run once a game.

chop
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
LJ getting hurt was Priests' fault. He kept telling LJ how good the nachos are when you watch the game and not play in it. LJ wanted to find out what he was talking about.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 04:21 PM
I would much rather have a back who gets me 4-5 yards consistently than have one that breaks off a 80 yd run once a game.

Me too, but that isn't happening with this O-line.

gta0012
11-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I think LJ produced better for the offense then Huard.

sedated
11-07-2007, 05:14 PM
at least we finally get to take a look at Kolby, see if he's really the future.

pr_capone
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
at least we finally get to take a look at Kolby, see if he's really the future.

Now if only we had another player at an offensive skill position that we needed to take a look out prior to the draft..

WAIT

WE DO!

gta0012
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I would love to see Kolby + Croyle + Bowe combination in the second quarter. Oh man with a line we might just have the makings of a good offense

TEX
11-07-2007, 05:46 PM
I would love to see Kolby + Croyle + Bowe combination in the second quarter. Oh man with a line we might just have the makings of a good offense

What makes you think Kolby is any good at this level? Training Camp BS press clippings? Kolby didn't show anything in any prreseason game, except that he looked slow - which surprised me.

kcfanXIII
11-07-2007, 05:51 PM

or we could see the makings of crap. we don't know much about these kids. the only one we have any idea about is bowe. i came to terms with LJ getting hurt when he carried the ball as much as he did last year. its simply history repeating itself. another 8-8 season, a no talent, never was at quarterback, a patchwork offensive line....
anyone paying attention has had plenty of time to realize this is not a playoff team. the writing has been on the wall for so long its starting to fade.

gta0012
11-07-2007, 05:54 PM
My post was ment to say this could possibly be our future offense. We know Bowe is good. Croyle and Koby both have a shot at being great. If they are then we have a good future. All i'm saying is we might be seeing our future stars play and i'd love that.

Skip Towne
11-07-2007, 05:58 PM
What makes you think Kolby is any good at this level? Training Camp BS press clippings? Kolby didn't show anything in any prreseason game, except that he looked slow - which surprised me.
That's what I thought. Slow without moves. I hope I 'm wrong.

Calcountry
11-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey, what are you doing here this week? We're talking top secret game plan strategies. We're gonna hook up with Herm later in the week.Yeah right. Like Run run pass punt is a secret.

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2007, 07:32 PM
What makes you think Kolby is any good at this level? Training Camp BS press clippings? Kolby didn't show anything in any prreseason game, except that he looked slow - which surprised me.Thanks for the info, Mecca...
:rolleyes:

suds79
11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
While losing Larry certainly doesn't help, is it going to hurt us that much to be without a guy who's averaging a little over 3 yards per carry?

NewChief
11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I would also add that it's going to take away (hopefully) the mentality of two runs up the middle and pass on 3rd down. Maybe, just maybe, they'll have to start getting creative with their offense.

It reminds me of what's happened with the Razorbacks in the last few games. They've finally realized that they have to do something other than just depend on D-Mac getting all their yards, and they're starting to come up with some more interesting and effective plays that have, for now, resulted in seriously increased productivity.

Also, Priest is (or was at least) a much more effective receiver and pass blocker, which should help Huard or Croyle.

The only problem, of course, is that Priest is the master of the stretch play, and the Chiefs don't have Willie Roaf to pull and lead the way like they did back in the day.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I would also add that it's going to take away (hopefully) the mentality of two runs up the middle and pass on 3rd down.

We haven't had that mentality for some time now. The first two first downs against the Packers were passes.

Hootie
11-07-2007, 08:47 PM
LJ was an above average receiver this year if you ask me.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
LJ was an above average receiver this year if you ask me.

What point are you trying to make? I didn't say anything about his receiving skills. I agree that he had a very good year catching the football.

Hootie
11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
What point are you trying to make? I didn't say anything about his receiving skills. I agree that he had a very good year catching the football.
I was talking about NewPhins post regarding Priest being a very good receiver...I don't think we'll see much of an improvement personally.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I was talking about NewPhins post regarding Priest being a very good receiver...I don't think we'll see much of an improvement personally.

I agree. LJ only dropped a couple passes this year.

Buehler445
11-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I agree that LJ hasn't done bad catching the ball. It's been the delivery. Like calling passes in the flat when a linebacker is 3 yards in the backfield waiting to smoke LJ.

Logical
11-07-2007, 09:17 PM

Positives:

Evidently you have not really, otherwise I would be seeing my winning bet signature already.:p

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Evidently you have not really, otherwise I would be seeing my winning bet signature already.:p

I'm still hoping for the best.

Logical
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm still hoping for the best.

I understand, hey, what the hell is the background picture in your photoshop?

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 09:32 PM
I understand, hey, what the hell is the background picture in your photoshop?

19 HOLDING TUNNEL - RANCOR PIT 19

Luke crouches (against the wall) as the Rancor starts to reach
for him. Suddenly he notices a main door control panel halfway up
the wall. As the Rancor moves in for the kill, Luke picks up a
skull from the cave floor and hurls it at the panel. The giant
overhead door comes crashing down on the beast's head, squashing
it like a sledgehammer on an egg.

A startled gasp is heard from the stunned court. There's
consternation at this turn of events. Heads look to Jabba, who is
actually turning red with anger. Leia cannot suppress her joy.
Jabba utters harsh commands to his guards and they hurry off.

JABBA (in Huttese subtitled)

Bring me Solo and the Wookiee. They will all
suffer for this outrage.

21 INT RANCOR PIT 21

The Rancor KEEPERS have come into the cage and are examining
their dead beast. One of them breaks down and weeps.

HMc
11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
personally i see it as a good thing.