PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with HERM EDWARDS - 11/7

Coogs
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Q&A with HERM EDWARDS - 11/7
Nov 07, 2007, 4:32:32 PM

Q: There is a report out of Denver yesterday that Larry Johnson has a broken foot and is done for the year. Is that true?

HERM EDWARDS: “What I’ve been told, and not by that reporter, is that his foot is still swollen and they’re still trying to look at to determine exactly where he’s at. I do know this: it’s very doubtful in my mind that he’s going to play this week. That’s what I know.”

Q: Is that report erroneous that he is done for the year?

EDWARDS: “I don’t know that, Rhonda, I didn’t hear that report. I don’t listen to reports. I’m telling you what I know. Now, what anybody else knows I don’t know. Where they got their information I don’t know.”

Q: So, no one has told you that his foot is broken?

EDWARDS: “What I just told you is what I’ve been told. That’s all I care to know about, to be quite honest. What you have to understand is very simple. When you’re a football coach here’s what you want to know on Monday [after a game on Sunday]: is the player going to be available to play [next] Sunday? The doctor says maybe, questionable, doubtful. Once they tell me that they think he’s not going to be able to play I say fine and move on. That’s all I’ve got to do. I don’t have to worry about anything. I don’t have to worry about next week. I can’t control next week. I’ve got to concentrate on this week and get the football team ready to play. That’s where it’s at.”

Q: Is he getting a second opinion or is he here today?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, he was here today getting treatment. As far as I know the pictures [of Johnson’s injury] are being sent. But I don’t ask all those questions, I really don’t. I’ve never done that. I’m not one of those coaches who sit and talk to the doctors. I don’t do that. He’s not playing this week.”

Q: So you don’t read the Internet? But does it concern you that there’s a report out there that the information came from someone inside your organization?

EDWARDS: “No I’m not. I don’t listen to it. I’m giving you an honest answer. I don’t pay attention to it. All I know is he’s doubtful and, in my mind, he’s not playing this week. I’m moving on.”

Q: As far as the week after that.

EDWARDS: “When I get the message that this is what it is I’ll be the first person to come down here and tell you. I have nothing to hide. I can’t hide anything.

Q: But if it was broken you might need to look for another running back. Wouldn’t it behoove the organization to look for another running back?

EDWARDS: “We’ve got two [Priest Holmes, Kolby Smith] and you can only play two and we’ve got a third on the practice squad. That’s all we need. That’s all we’ve had the whole year. Only two running backs are going to play. The third one never gets in the game.”

Q: You haven’t been told his foot’s broken?

EDWARDS: “I’ve been told exactly what I’ve told you. Now, if someone else’s been told something good for them. All I wanted to know, to be quite honest, is he going to play Sunday? No, he’s not playing. OK. Next.

Q: But how many days do you need to figure out a guy’s foot is broken? Have you got a new report today though?

EDWARDS: “No.”

Q: Let’s change positions. Did you have any tackles playing?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, we had one practice squad guy at one tackle and Turley at the other tackle. So, we were OK.”

Q: What’s McIntosh’s condition?

EDWARDS: “He’s got some tonsil issues and wasn’t at practice. But he’ll be fine and be able to play.”

Q: He didn’t have them removed did he?

EDWARDS: “No.”

Q: Is he going to?

EDWARDS: “No. I’m the doctor today.”

Q: What about Chris Terry; what’s his situation?

EDWARDS: “Chris Terry had to do something with his wife and their child. He’s ok.”

Q: Is it a family issue?

EDWARDS: “Yes.”

Q: Svitek’s situation?

EDWARDS: “Got a foot sprain. He’ll be out this week.”

Q: Dunn’s situation?

EDWARDS: “Jason didn’t practice today. He got hit in the eye. He should be at practice tomorrow. Kennison did.”

Q: Do Kennison and Fox look like they’re ready to go?

EDWARDS: “Yes.”

Q: Did Eddie do everything at practice today?

EDWARDS: “Yes, he did everything and he’s with the first team offense.”

Q: Have you had a chance to talk to Larry? What’s his attitude? He must be pretty devastated?

EDWARDS: “I talked to him yesterday. He was fine. He was getting treatment. That’s it. He was fine. He was getting treatment.

“Look, I dealt with this in New York with Chad Pennington. All I know is this: I know you have a job to do and I’m not trying to prevent you from doing your job. I’m not holding information. I don’t do that. I’m honest. I’m telling you what I know. When I know something more I’ll tell you. I’ve got no reason to hide anything from you. I’m trying to prepare to win a football game. I’m not trying to hide anything from you. It’s a waste of my time.

“Have you ever watched me when a player gets hurt? I don’t go on the football field. I’ve got to play the next play. The next player has to go in the game. Do I worry? Yeah, I feel bad for the [injured] player. I really do. I feel bad for any player who gets injured ‘cause I was a player. But I don’t do that. I get ready for the next guy. The next guy has to go in. That’s my process of thinking. When a guy is not available to play my process is who’s available to play? Kolby Smith, all of a sudden, has to play football for us along with Priest Holmes. That’s my concern. I can’t concern myself for a guy that’s not going to play.”

Q: But you’ve got a game the week after this one and after the next one and you’re trying to win a division; but as much as this team is built around LJ isn’t it frustrating to you that three days you don’t have an answer to whether a guy’s foot is broken?

EDWARDS: “It’s not frustrating to me because I know he’s not going to play. So, I’ve got to try and win a game without him. We had players miss games last year. Tony Gonzalez missed a game or two; Brian Waters missed a game; Trent Green missed seven games; Ronnie Cruz missed the whole season. We had a lot of guys miss games.”

Q: But in most of those situations you had definition. You knew Trent Green wasn’t coming back for a while?

EDWARDS: “So with that being said, in my mind, he’s not available this week so this is what we’ve got to do. We still have to try and win the game. And next week if he’s not available then you know what, we have to have to continue to play.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/11/07/qa_with_herm_edwards__117/

FAX
11-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Somebody should have inquired as to the condition of LJ's foot.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
11-07-2007, 05:27 PM
EDWARDS: “No. I’m the doctor today.”

LMAO

Coogs
11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Somebody should have inquired as to the condition of LJ's foot.

FAX

:LOL:

jidar
11-07-2007, 05:32 PM
JFC even I wanted to slap the reporters.

stevieray
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
the level of dipshittery in reporting has dropped so low, it's almost unbearable to read.

The Poz
So, he's getting treatment for something but doctors have no idea what's wrong with him?
Treatment = handjob and some junior mints?

BigRock
I hope tomorrow's press conference is 10 minutes of Rhonda and the gang asking about McIntosh's tonsils.

"Are they red?"
"Are they swollen?"
"HOW swollen?"
"Was he here today?"
"Did you give him any ice cream?"
"Why didn't you give him ice cream?"
"What's his favorite flavor?"

Pneuma
11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
God I feel bad for Herm...

No questions about Brodie or Huard?

Megbert
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
God I feel bad for Herm...

No questions about Brodie or Huard?

Herm taking a page outta FEMA's book.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Good for Herm. He knows the team isn't about one individual. It's about 53 playing together.

CupidStunt
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Q: What about Chris Terry; what’s his situation?

EDWARDS: “Chris Terry had to do something with his wife and their child. He’s ok.”

Q: Is it a family issue?

No, it's a f**king animal farm issue.

Rain Man
11-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know if LJ broke his foot?

HemiEd
11-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I have been out of the loop. Any word on Bowe's injury?

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I have been out of the loop. Any word on Bowe's injury?

He's fine. Bowe and Kennison will start this week.

stumppy
11-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know if LJ broke his foot?
I wish they would have taken the time to find out today. Maybe someone will ask at the next press conference.

HemiEd
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
He's fine. Bowe and Kennison will start this week.

Thank you!

Micjones
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I must see the video of today's presser.
I have to see the look on Herm's face.

I was waiting to read, "Damnit Rhonda!"

Iowanian
11-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I wish Herm wouldn't act like the entire fan base are 8 year old Downs Syndrome kids.

You know damn well he knows what the doctors have said. If he wants to say "I have nothing to say until its conclusive" I'm fine with that. Don't act like I'm stupid enough to believe you don't care if a starter is gone for a week or the rest of the season.

Bullshit herman.

On the other hand.....I can see where a coach would bring a slingshot to a Presser and start plinking those dumbasses with ball bearings for every stupid and repeat question.

That was a horrible, horrible read.

LOCOChief
11-07-2007, 07:32 PM
" I’ve got no reason to hide anything from you. I’m trying to prepare to win a football game. I’m not trying to hide anything from you. It’s a waste of my time."

ROYC75
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Herm : Rhonda, did you eat that whole pizza ?

Rhonda : Uh, No, just part of it. Not all of it right away.

Herm : Part of it ? All Parts ? But you didn't leave anything on the table.

Rhonda: Uh, I leave it all out there on the table, I don't hide anything.

Herm : Now Rhonda, you know you're hidding it, look at you.You at the whole thing, plus a salad and a whole order of bread sticks. How about dessert , Rhonda.

Rhonda, Let's not get this thing twisted Herm, I ate all my lunch like a good girl. I ate some of everything they had on the table, OK. Where is your evidenceof me hidding it ?

Herm: But you are hidding it somewhere, like a , maybe it's all hidden under that clothing. The ticket salesman said you ate the whole thing, pizza, bread sticks,a salad and cinnamon sticks. They even offered to give you a carryout box and you refused it saying, That's OK, I have my own built in carry out box.

Rhonda : But not all in one bite, Look, when I tell ya I didn't eat it all, I mean it. It took me awhile. You have no proof , Herm.

Herm: Guess you are right, you ate the evidence Rhonda.All of it........

DaFace
11-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Good grief...they just won't let things drop will they?

SPchief
11-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Quick question, does anybody know if they've announced if LJ broke his foot?

Lonewolf Ed
11-07-2007, 09:45 PM
So, he's getting treatment for something but doctors have no idea what's wrong with him?
Treatment = handjob and some junior mints?

Mmm, junior mints... :drool:

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 09:48 PM
The fact that Larry's getting treatment makes me think he wants to come back in a week or two or whenever.

ROYC75
11-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Quick question, does anybody know if they've announced if LJ broke his foot?

Bob Gretz says it's a sprained foot........ Not ankle, but foot .

SPchief
11-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Bob Gretz says it's a sprained foot........ Not ankle, but foot .

Did Herm say that?

ROYC75
11-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Did Herm say that?

Uh, let's not get this thing twisted,OK, it was Bob Gretz. :D

SPchief
11-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Uh, let's not get this thing twisted,OK, it was Bob Gretz. :D

So did Herm say if it was broken or not?