PDA

View Full Version : Niswanger and Kennison

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
It looks like Kennison is starting and Niswanger will either start or play quite a bit at the very least (at RG). What can we expect?

Niswanger is obviously more mobile than that sack of crap Welbourn, so I'm thinking we'll see more pulling from both guard spots. Will Kennison get open more than Webb and Parker? Is he even gonna be anything like his old self?

BigRock
11-07-2007, 06:56 PM
It's the Broncos. When is Eddie not open?

Mr. Arrowhead
11-07-2007, 07:00 PM
It looks like Kennison is starting and Niswanger will either start or play quite a bit at the very least (at RG). What can we expect?

Niswanger is obviously more mobile than that sack of crap Welbourn, so I'm thinking we'll see more pulling from both guard spots. Will Kennison get open more than Webb and Parker? Is he even gonna be anything like his old self?
sure he'll be open, the question is, can horrid throw it to him or the other team. My bid is on the other team. Champ Baily will have a career day if horrid plays the whole game.

Micjones
11-07-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm glad Niswanger's getting a shot at Guard.
Welbourn's been a big disappointment.

We really need to consider other options, on the roster, at RT. Terry flat stinks.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
What the hell was up with Bowe not playing for most of the game? He looked ansy on the sidelines wanting to go back in but the coaches wouldn't let him or the trainers or something...

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
What the hell was up with Bowe not playing for most of the game? He looked ansy on the sidelines wanting to go back in but the coaches wouldn't let him or the trainers or something...

His hamstring.

ChiefsCountry
11-07-2007, 07:39 PM

Huard threw him a horrible pass that exposed his body.

Iowanian
11-07-2007, 07:40 PM
The hit that took Bowe out, I really figured it was more of a concussion than a hammy....that just doesn't sound right.

I'm glad Kennison is back in time for Denver, and its about time they try a new offensive lineman or two.

Get Herb Taylor some snaps, and see if he can play too.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Huard threw him a horrible pass that exposed his body.

Man, the pass hit Bowe in the hands. You folks aren't happy when Huard takes a sack, and you aren't happy when he hits a wide receiver in the hands. It's not like there was anyone else open on that play. What do you expect, seriously? At least he didn't check the ball down!!!!

C-Mac
11-07-2007, 07:42 PM
It's the Broncos. When is Eddie not open?

When Huard is QB?

Iowanian
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Huard has been leaving his WRs exposed to injury all year.

Those acrobatic catches he has been forcing Gonzalez and Bowe to make are leaving them stretched out and exposed to big hits several times per game.

Kennison and Bowe both being on the field should really open up the passing game. Its too bad there isn't a QB who will actually look for the open WR before shitting his pants and throwing a duck to his checkdown.

ChiefsCountry
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Man, the pass hit Bowe in the hands. You folks aren't happy when Huard takes a sack, and you aren't happy when he hits a wide receiver in the hands. It's not like there was anyone else open on that play. What do you expect, seriously? At least he didn't check the ball down!!!!

You never played football before thats pretty obivous, run across the middle of the field jump as high as you can and have four guys nail you exposing your torso. That would change your opinion of those ducks Huard has been throwing.

Adept Havelock
11-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Huard has been leaving his WRs exposed to injury all year.

Those acrobatic catches he has been forcing Gonzalez and Bowe to make are leaving them stretched out and exposed to big hits several times per game.

Kennison and Bowe both being on the field should really open up the passing game. Its too bad there isn't a QB who will actually look for the open WR before shitting his pants and throwing a duck to his checkdown.

Good point.

Over the years I've seen a number of QB's who can actually hit the receiver in stride without leaving them stretched out like a rack victim. I wonder if we have one of those on the bench or perhaps we should acquire one?

stevieray
11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
When Huard is QB?

thousand yard season last year?

C-Mac
11-07-2007, 08:12 PM
thousand yard season last year?
Huard?

RustShack
11-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Do you guys think Welborn would play better at RT with Rudy playing at RG? They are trying to do something to fix the line ASAP so they can make a QB change.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Do you guys think Welborn would play better at RT with Rudy playing at RG? They are trying to do something to fix the line ASAP so they can make a QB change.

Welbourn was only good because of roids. End of story.

ChiefGator
11-08-2007, 07:27 AM

Huard sucks and is trying to get all the players around him killed.

I actually thought it was the shot in the ribs that did it... don't really understand the hamstring talk.

TEX
11-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Welbourn was only good because of roids. End of story.

Yep. And he wasn't even that good.

TEX
11-08-2007, 07:51 AM
You never played football before thats pretty obivous, run across the middle of the field jump as high as you can and have four guys nail you exposing your torso. That would change your opinion of those ducks Huard has been throwing.

I have played and you're right, it does $uck when that happens. Still, it's part of being a WR and it happens all the time. The fact is it was very catchable. The DB made a great play.

Did you catch the Natti game? Now Palmer is a great QB, but what happened to Chad Johnson is more along the lines of laying a receiver out.

teedubya
11-08-2007, 07:55 AM
That Wanger is Nis!

rad
11-08-2007, 08:04 AM
I wonder if the Browns would trade Anderson for Huard and a 4th or something. He was a 6th rd. pick in '05. That would be sweet.

Which is why it won't happen.

jidar
11-08-2007, 08:12 AM
I have played and you're right, it does $uck when that happens. Still, it's part of being a WR and it happens all the time. The fact is it was very catchable. The DB made a great play.

Did you catch the Natti game? Now Palmer is a great QB, but what happened to Chad Johnson is more along the lines of laying a receiver out.

It was catchable but he had to jump and fully extend, it was a bad throw. He didn't "hit him in the hands".
Yes once in awhile it does happen that the ball isn't thrown accurately and then the receiver runs the risk of taking a hit on that route, but you sure as hell don't like to see that happen often and it seems to me that with Huard the ball is high more often than not.

Listen, the fact is when the receiver has to pull up and jump to get the ball and they're 5-10 yards in FRONT of the DBs that's a bad throw whether it's catchable or not because it gets your guys killed, and frankly at that short of distance they shouldn't be so consistently high.

KCJohnny
11-08-2007, 09:02 AM
I would be very surprised if Kennison is 100%. I would also be surprised if Bowe is 100% if he did tweak a hammy. Very slow to heal, easy to re-injure.

That said, we weren't going to do too much against Bailey and Bly anyway on the outside. Its going to be a lot of running and short tosses to the backs and TEs with the occasional 20 yd route to Gonzales along the seam.

Herm is planning a Bucball attack. His plan is to make the imploding Donkeys beat themselves. Which will probably work.

That is a bad recipe because the Chiefs O could really erupt for arena- league-like scoring for a big day against the NFL's worst run defense and thrill the hometown fans. A big day of rolling up the score against a teetering division rival would be a season-changing event, instilling confidence is our faltering offense and rewarding our D with a blowout.

Instead, we'll see Bucball to the tune of about 16-9 with the Chiefs O not breaking 300 yards.

Don't look for Croyle to come in and challenge Bailey and Bly. He may play, but he'll be told to hand off, manage the game and allow the Donx to beat themselves.

Pushead2
11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Don't look for Croyle to come in and challenge Bailey and Bly. He may play, but he'll be told to hand off, manage the game and allow the Donx to beat themselves.

Nothing wrong with that at all because he would actually be IN the game to do it..... :cuss: :cuss:

Iowanian
11-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Bly has been torched, Bailey sure doesn't look as good, but the front 7 sucks. The Chiefs Oline might actually be able to hold their own vs those schmucks.

Kennison has routinely put up decent numbers vs Denver. Sunday, I expect the WRs to stretch the field and work on the corners, exposing a shitty OLB or Safety to cover 88. If they put Bailey on Gonzalez, either Bowe or Kennison is going to have a big day.

Given Denver's lack of secondary depth, I don't think running some 3-4WR sets to stretch them out would be a bad idea at all. Running from that should have some lanes too.

Reerun_KC
11-08-2007, 09:07 AM
I would be very surprised if Kennison is 100%. I would also be surprised if Bowe is 100% if he did tweak a hammy. Very slow to heal, easy to re-injure.

That said, we weren't going to do too much against Bailey and Bly anyway on the outside. Its going to be a lot of running and short tosses to the backs and TEs with the occasional 20 yd route to Gonzales along the seam.

Herm is planning a Bucball attack. His plan is to make the imploding Donkeys beat themselves. Which will probably work.

That is a bad recipe because the Chiefs O could really erupt for arena- league-like scoring for a big day against the NFL's worst run defense and thrill the hometown fans. A big day of rolling up the score against a teetering division rival would be a season-changing event, instilling confidence is our faltering offense and rewarding our D with a blowout.

Instead, we'll see Bucball to the tune of about 16-9 with the Chiefs O not breaking 300 yards.

Anything Croyle is so much better than anything Horrid...

KCJohnny
11-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Bly has been torched, Bailey sure doesn't look as good, but the front 7 sucks. The Chiefs Oline might actually be able to hold their own vs those schmucks.

Kennison has routinely put up decent numbers vs Denver. Sunday, I expect the WRs to stretch the field and work on the corners, exposing a shitty OLB or Safety to cover 88. If they put Bailey on Gonzalez, either Bowe or Kennison is going to have a big day.

Given Denver's lack of secondary depth, I don't think running some 3-4WR sets to stretch them out would be a bad idea at all. Running from that should have some lanes too.
I hope you are right and I am wrong. I don't trust hamstring injuries and this game spells LETDOWN bigtime. I expect us to be flat and them to be desperate.

IF EK is 100%, I agree that he can work Bly. None of our guys can beat Champ Bailey. Get Bowe on a crossing route and let him get his own YAC.

I expect a LOT of screens and dumps to Priest; Kolby will be the one crashing inside against 9 man fronts. Bet on it.

Pushead2
11-08-2007, 09:13 AM
I hope you are right and I am wrong. I don't trust hamstring injuries and this game spells LETDOWN bigtime. I expect us to be flat and them to be desperate.

IF EK is 100%, I agree that he can work Bly. None of our guys can beat Champ Bailey. Get Bowe on a crossing route and let him get his own YAC.

I expect a LOT of screens and dumps to Priest; Kolby will be the one crashing inside against 9 man fronts. Bet on it.

For the most part Bailey will be on Gonzo and since Horrid only throws to him we will have 3 ints by half....

talastan
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Anything Croyle is so much better than anything Horrid...

QUOTE OF THE DAY Nomination!! :clap:

TEX
11-08-2007, 10:15 AM
QUOTE OF THE DAY Nomination!! :clap:

Not going SPLAT because the O-Line is so $hitty.