PDA

View Full Version : Cutler likely to start Sunday

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 12:53 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. | Jay Cutler seems less worried about his badly bruised left leg than he does the state of the Broncos.

The second-year quarterback practiced through the pain on Wednesday and it’s looking more and more likely that he’ll start under center for Denver this weekend at Kansas City.

Cutler feared his season was over and his leg broken Sunday when Lions defensive end Cory Redding speared him with his helmet.

“To get the MRI back and to see that it was just a deep bruise and nothing was cracked or anything, it was a relief,” Cutler said. “I mean, it’s a bruise. I can go ahead and push it and if it hurts, it hurts, but it’s not going to get any worse.

“It feels all right,” Cutler said. “The first couple of days it was really sore. Today it felt a lot better. I’d like to say I (could play). But I’ve still got a little ways to go and we’ll see how it feels.”

Cutler took most of the snaps at practice and moved around well, Shanahan said.

“He looked good,” Shanahan said. “Unless there’s a setback, he should be ready to go.”

Cutler suggested the Broncos, losers of five of six, are in panic mode.

“The Broncos aren’t used to this. We’re not used to going 3-5,” Cutler said. “So, everyone’s a little embarrassed, everyone’s a little bit in a state of panic. But we’ve got a lot of football left.”

Coming off a 44-7 blasting by the Lions, the Broncos are facing just their second losing season in Shanahan’s 13-year tenure. They went 6-10 in 1999 when Terrell Davis blew out a knee and John Elway retired after leading Denver to back-to-back Super Bowl wins.

Informed of Cutler’s comments, Shanahan said he wouldn’t necessarily use the word “panic.”

“There’s a difference between panicked and a sense of urgency,” he said. “Any time you play like that and give up 17 points on offense, get 12 penalties, you have four turnovers, six or seven dropped balls, there had better be a sense of urgency.”

11-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Wow.. Shanarat isn't going to drag this out until gametime?

Hammock Parties
11-08-2007, 01:02 AM
oOG .enihcam noitpecretni na si reltuC

11-08-2007, 01:04 AM
oOG .enihcam noitpecretni na si reltuC
Back to front.

Hammock Parties
11-08-2007, 01:05 AM
I meant to say: Cutler is an interception machine.

ferrarispider95
11-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Another notch for rookie qb's at Arrowhead

|Zach|
11-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Good.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Off topic a little, I don't know why I feel this way, but I think we're going to do a better job with Kolby and Priest in the backfield. It's a feeling.

BigRock
11-08-2007, 01:26 AM
If I had a Youtube clip of that scene from the movie Nothing To Lose where Martin Lawrence, as he tries to carjack Tim Robbins, gets in through the passenger seat and says "Welcome to Hell, biiiiiiitch", I would embed it into this post as a way of directing that message at Cutler.

But I don't. :(

11-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Off topic a little, I don't know why I feel this way, but I think we're going to do a better job with Kolby and Priest in the backfield. It's a feeling.
Well, it IS Dungver coming to town.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Well, it IS Dungver coming to town.
I'm talking about for the entire time LJ is out.

11-08-2007, 01:44 AM
I'm talking about for the entire time LJ is out.
I completely agree on that. I just think with Denver coming the numbers might be slightly inflated this week.

Of course, this IS HERM we are talking about.

blueballs
11-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Cutler with little to no boot leg
Shanahan will have to change his philosophy

Hammock Parties
11-08-2007, 01:52 AM
If I had a Youtube clip of that scene from the movie Nothing To Lose where Martin Lawrence, as he tries to carjack Tim Robbins, gets in through the passenger seat and says "Welcome to Hell, biiiiiiitch", I would embed it into this post as a way of directing that message at Cutler.

I'm gonna go download that movie just for that clip.

kcfanXIII
11-08-2007, 01:56 AM
mr cutler, welcome to arrowhead. mr allen, mr hali, they'll be greeting you, on the field. if you have ear plugs, you might want to put them in now.

BigRock
11-08-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm gonna go download that movie just for that clip.
:thumb:

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2007, 02:48 AM
I meant to say: Huard is an interception machine.FYP

Hammock Parties
11-08-2007, 02:55 AM
FYP

Give it a rest.

Bwana
11-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Until he meets Mr. Allen a time or two.

TEX
11-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Of course he'll start and he'll be fine. Once again, we face a team in which our defense is better, but their offense is better. I bet our offense actually makes their defense look good. And they really $UCK.

With LJ out, the Chiefs should try and throw more. The problem is that Denver is good against the pass, and we haven't focused on that part of our offense in soooooo long, (except for all the check-down crap) that it's gonna be difficult to all of a sudden do.

Honestly, this team is just a twisted pile of $hit on offense. I figured we'd eventually get here - just not this quickly. Such is the case with a Herm Edwards coached team. :shake:

TEX
11-08-2007, 06:48 AM

The absolute worst thing the Chiefs can do is bank on that.

Hammock Parties
11-08-2007, 06:49 AM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kthd4qTevMg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kthd4qTevMg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MGRS13
11-08-2007, 06:51 AM
mr cutler, welcome to arrowhead. mr allen, mr hali, they'll be greeting you, on the field. if you have ear plugs, you might want to put them in now.
I hope mr Allen plays better then he did last week he was owned most of the day really he barely showed up, as for Hali hes barley showed up all year.

Reerun_KC
11-08-2007, 07:06 AM
FYP
You beat me to it...

No need to bag on Cutler when Horrid is just as bad or worse...

Sad part is Horrid is an 11+ year vet..

HMc
11-08-2007, 07:14 AM
i wonder how far back you'd have to go to find the lions getting up by more than 37 points

Mile High Mania
11-08-2007, 07:16 AM
i wonder how far back you'd have to go to find the lions getting up by more than 37 points

Haven't looked, but I'm wondering if it's as far back as KC's last playoff win...

I know, tired, lame, deflecting... that's ok.

Reerun_KC
11-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Haven't looked, but I'm wondering if it's as far back as KC's last playoff win...

Playoff win? What is that?

Hell at least Plummer lead you to an AFC championship game...

We cant even get Horrid to surpass 50 yards passing in the first half of last weeks game...

TEX
11-08-2007, 07:53 AM

I'm pretty sure it's even farther back than that.

King_Chief_Fan
11-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Give it a rest.

can't handle the truth? His comment is far more accurate about Huard than the crap you spew. Maybe you should give it a rest.

OctoberFart
11-08-2007, 03:08 PM
You must not watch the Donks much because they don't boot alot with Cutler. They will be much tougher to beat with Cutler than crappy Ramsey.

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Its Jay Cutler. I think you suck but my dad thinks you might be good someday.

StcChief
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Time for Jared to send him back to the sidelines