PDA

View Full Version : DEN @ KC Primer...

Warrior5
11-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Schedule-wise, this is a bit different than the past few years. Instead of the annual December Donkey spank-fest at Arrowhead, the loathesome, salary cap-cheating, cut-blocking, crisco jersey-wearing, dimebag-buying, DUI-driving, "character counts" Donkeys come to KC in November. Significant? I don't know.

I've dispensed with individual stats and only show team match-up stats:

KC Score O: 16 ppg (29) vs DEN Score D: 29 ppg (29)
KC Rush O: 80 ypg (30) vs DEN Rush D: 162 ypg (32)
KC Pass O: 207 ypg (17) vs DEN Pass D: 195 ypg (8)

DEN Score O: 16 ppg (28) vs KC Score D: 18 ppg (8)
DEN Rush O: 115 ypg (13) vs KC Rush D: 105 ypg (14)
DEN Pass O: 233 ypg (12) vs KC Pass D: 217 ypg (19)

KC TO: 9 INT & 6 fumbles (+2)
DEN TO: 9 INT & 9 fumbles (-8)

Donks are injured big-time, and Cutler is bent. Gun has consistently contained the Donk's offense the past few seasons, and the patented Denver bootleg that has brought so much grief to KC over the years is not much of a threat. Denver's TO ratio is horrible; hopefully we'll see KC's defense score on Sunday. They'll need to...

We have no return threat. Denver's rush defense is dead last in the NFL, but can the Chiefs exploit that vulnerability given its very offensive offensive line? Will Holmes & Kolby be able to spark the offense with LJ out with a swole foot?

The crowd will be loud and KC's defense will be out for blood; it's the Donks after all. The question, as usual, is will the Chiefs offense open up?

Analysis?

CupidStunt
11-08-2007, 06:59 AM
I see us squeeking out a win retaining our magnificent division lead at 5-4 giving Huard yet another game to keep us at or just a nuthair above .500.

Of all the games and disappointments this season, I think Sunday will drive it home when we barely beat a sad-sack Broncos team and the team struggles to crack 70 yards rushing.

Mile High Mania
11-08-2007, 07:06 AM
This is one of those games that Denver shouldn't win, but will ... b/c that's how life rolls sometimes and this site will be down for 36 hours. There will be a dark cloud of obscenities hovering over Arrowhead for a week.

Reerun_KC
11-08-2007, 07:09 AM
I see us squeeking out a win retaining our magnificent division lead at 5-4 giving Huard yet another game to keep us at or just a nuthair above .500.

Of all the games and disappointments this season, I think Sunday will drive it home when we barely beat a sad-sack Broncos team and the team struggles to crack 70 yards rushing.

I would rather have Denver come in and whip the holy shit out of us than endure another week of Horrid.... This is just getting laughable now...

So my prediction?

KC 12
Denver 10

Arrowhead is half empty in the second half. Our studdly QB will break 50 yards passing in the first half this week and he gets spot in ring of fame...