PDA

View Full Version : Herm Q&A 11-8

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Q: You had some guys that were out yesterday. How are they today?

HERM EDWARDS: “Damion McIntosh is still sick with the tonsils. He did some walkthrough stuff today. Chris Terry practiced. Jason Dunn did not practice but he was at practice.”

Q: Do you expect him to play on Sunday?

EDWARDS: “I will know more tomorrow but I anticipate him playing. Eddie [Kennison] practiced, Keyaron Fox practiced.”

Q: What are you calling Dunn’s injury? A ball in the eye?

EDWARDS: “Yeah. Scratch.”

Q: Do you think McIntosh will be available Sunday?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, I think he will be available.”

Q: Do you think Turley will start though?

EDWARDS: “I don’t know that yet. We haven’t determined that.”

Q: Any word on Larry Johnson?

EDWARDS: “The information I gave you yesterday is what I have at this point in time. When there is more – hopefully there will be more this afternoon – from our PR department. When we get more information we’ll give it to you.”

Q: You seemed to signal on Tuesday you were thinking of making a change at quarterback. Maybe I’m overstating it.

EDWARDS: “What I’m thinking is this: offensively we have to be more productive. We haven’t been a very productive offense. In phases we have but after eight weeks of play we’re not very productive. We’ve only scored 13 points in the first quarter and 19 points in the second quarter. There are some things we have to do better. They know that.

“But that’s just not on one person. You always look at the quarterback but it’s not all him. They know what they have to do. We talked about it; we talked about these next eight weeks and what we have to do on offense. There is a game plan on how to do that and now we have to execute it.”

Q: So what would trigger that? You’re down 10-0 after the first quarter or a costly interception…?

EDWARDS: “I think anytime it’s always trying to add a spark to the team or how the game is being played or how the game is going. Damon just has to go play like he always has been playing. He needs to play like he’s always played and when he’s able to make some plays make some plays. Now, he needs some help. He can’t do it by himself, obviously, and everyone understands that. He’s doing what he’s capable of doing. We just have to make a conscious effort offensively and everyone’s trying but we’ve got to get better these next eight weeks if we’re going to make a run at this.”

Q: You’ve been down before offensively, so what would be the difference this time, something like being down 10-0? Then would you decide to change quarterbacks?

EDWARDS: “How you’re playing, how you view how you’re playing. The number 10 is just a number. It’s how you feel how you’re going. It’s always hard to make that decision. Some people said you should have done it at the Cincinnati game and we came roaring back. You have a feel for your football team and you know at a certain time you have to do certain things and you go with it. That’s where it’s at.”

Q: But doesn’t that put pressure on your quarterback who knows if he doesn’t do this he’s going to be yanked?

EDWARDS: “No because I’ve haven’t told Damon that. I’ve said Damon you’re our starting quarterback go play. He’s been told that from the beginning.”

Q: But is your gut telling you this is the week to do it?

EDWARDS: “No, not at all. I don’t go into the game changing anybody. I go into the game trying to win and executing the game plan. That’s never on my mind. I never go into a game thinking a guy’s not going to play good or we’re going struggle. I go in with the idea of executing the plan and if it’s not working then what do I have to do. Basically in football games you adjust.”

Q: Does the backup quarterback get more practice reps than he has before?

EDWARDS: “No, it’s always the same. It’s been that way from the beginning. He’s getting the same amount of reps from the beginning. He goes on a schedule of this is what he needs, this is what Damon and Brodie need. The coaches have done a good job of orchestrating that all year. Nothing has really changed at all.”

Q: But is it fair to say he gets more reps than the normal backup quarterback?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, in that Damon doesn’t need all those reps. He’s a veteran quarterback. He doesn’t need all those reps. It’s no different than when I had Vinny [Testaverde] and Chad [Pennington in New York.] Chad took a lot of reps, Vinny took certain plays and Chad took the rest of them.”

Q: Does it matter if you make the change at quarterback if your offensive line doesn’t play any better?

EDWARDS: “That’s why I say it’s just not one guy it’s everybody. It’s everything we do. We’ve gotten ourselves in trouble with negative plays on first down and not being able to orchestrate drives – a lot of three-and-outs. Our third downs are not very good. You’re talking about 42 times already on third down when we’ve been in third-and-10 or more. That’s a lot. You’re not going to convert third downs doing that.

“And the fouls. We’ve had a lot of fouls that have caused negative yards either on first down, second down which puts you in bad situations. We have to clean that up and we can do that. We’ve turned the ball over, too; we’ve turned the ball over 15 times already in eight games. That’s almost two a game. So, we can fix that; that’s all fixable. You don’t have to change the players to do that; you don’t have to change the calls. You just have to execute better and your focus has to be a lot better. So that’s what we have to do.”

Q: Are you waiting for Damon to do something in particular or is he doing what you thought he’s capable of doing all along?

EDWARDS: “He’s managing the game well for the most part. It was hard early because we were not consistent running the football. And I go back to what I said again: a lot of negative plays. A lot of negative plays and when you have negative plays it puts you in second-and-longs and that creates third-and-longs and you have no rhythm on offense. You’re off the field - a lot of three-and-outs, a lot of three-and-outs last week the first half until we got a big turnover.

“You’ve got to get out of that mode. Then all of a sudden in the third quarter we start making plays, get going. We have to start out faster offensively. Some of it is we have to call the game a little bit differently too. So, all those things are part of it.”

Q: Do you need something more or something different from your quarterbacks now that you don’t have Larry Johnson?

EDWARDS: “No because we have other players and it’s always going to be on other players. Priest Holmes is going to get another opportunity, Kolby Smith is going to get another opportunity. The receivers like Dwayne Bowe are going to get opportunities. Hopefully he’s healthy and he can play the whole game. That hurt us a little bit last week also. He didn’t get the ball much.”

Q: I’m confused. Are you thinking about a quarterback change or are you not?

EDWARDS: “This is what I said and I hope I’m not misinterpreted: offensively, first of all, we have to do a better job. If there comes a point in time in the football game where I feel like I have to get a spark or better production out of the quarterback position I’ll change it.”

Q: Is that going to be this weekend?

EDWARDS: “It’s been eight weeks and I haven’t done it. It’s not like I’m going into the game saying I’m going to change the quarterback because that’s not my mindset at all. That’s where we are offensively. We have to be more productive and score more points. Now, that’s not all on the offense. That’s on special teams, too. Special teams have to give us better field position.

“We’re not doing very good on our return game. It seems to me the offense is always starting within the 20-yard line. That’s hard going on 80-yard drives all the time. That’s very difficult. Defensively, we’ve got to create more turnovers for our offense. We’ve got to take the ball away more and give them better field position. It’s a team thing. It’s never one unit; it’s a team thing.”

Q: Have you thought about changing your return guy?

EDWARDS: “It’s not all on him. He does some things fairly well. He fields the ball well and been pretty good on punt returns for the most part. It’s been the kickoffs that have really hurt us. It’s really caused a lot of long fields since we haven’t gotten the ball over the 30-yard line like we would like.”

ROFL Herm is a freakin' idiot!!! He gives no definitive answer! He hasn't told Huard he might change QBs? Dude is more insane than Gunther, and that's saying something.

talastan
11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I thought about putting Brodie in...../ Herm

Now let's not get this twisted.... Huard has been told he's the starting QB/ Herm

MIAdragon
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
can I please get my 2 mins of reading that back please

chop
11-08-2007, 04:42 PM
He's not going to make a change at QB unless Huard gets hurt.

I think it's that it was ok to blame Croyle for the lack of production from the offense in the preseason even though he was getting harrassed on a regular basis but Huard gets a pass. Croyle played without LJ and McIntosh and not much of Bowe either.

smittysbar
11-08-2007, 05:02 PM
They were rough on Herm today. I heard a clip on the radio they were asking about LJ, he was denying he knew anything, they were saying "with the medical technology we have in 2007 you guys are trying to tell us you don't no anything, come on" Or something to that sort. It was pretty funny to listen to.

HemiEd
11-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Herm is an idiot, plain and simple. He is dumber than shit.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
They were rough on Herm today. I heard a clip on the radio they were asking about LJ, he was denying he knew anything, they were saying "with the medical technology we have in 2007 you guys are trying to tell us you don't no anything, come on" Or something to that sort. It was pretty funny to listen to.

ROFL They were hard on the dumb black guy? Jesse Jackson!

k that was mean

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
LJ is out this week!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone ever pulled a muscle or sprained your foot? I was on crutches for 2 weeks and in a boot cast for 4 weeks. That shit doesn't heal fast!

The media just needs to question themselves for some common sense. LJ IS OUT THIS WEEK FFS.

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I really wish someone would ask Herm whats going through his mind when Huard sacks himself.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I really wish someone would ask Herm whats going through his mind when Huard sacks himself.
ROFL That is true. Didn't that happen against the Packers? Maybe the ghost of Reggie White sacked him?

FAX
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
So ... what does it all mean?

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 05:17 PM

FAX

I bet Herm reads his pressers and thinks "was I drunk?"

Coogs
11-08-2007, 05:20 PM

FAX

That our reporters are not to sharp. They don't seem to understand the first time a question is asked, so it have to be asked umpteen times every session. Yesterday it was LJ. Today Croyle/Huard.

FAX
11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Q: I’m confused. Are you thinking about a quarterback change or are you not?

EDWARDS: “This is what I said and I hope I’m not misinterpreted: offensively, first of all, we have to do a better job. If there comes a point in time in the football game where I feel like I have to get a spark or better production out of the quarterback position I’ll change it.”

Q: Thanks. I'm not confused anymore.

FAX

penguinz
11-08-2007, 05:22 PM
LJ is out this week!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone ever pulled a muscle or sprained your foot? I was on crutches for 2 weeks and in a boot cast for 4 weeks. That shit doesn't heal fast!

The media just needs to question themselves for some common sense. LJ IS OUT THIS WEEK FFS.You are a f'n puss then. ;)

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 05:25 PM
That our reporters are not to sharp. They don't seem to understand the first time a question is asked, so it have to be asked umpteen times every session. Yesterday it was LJ. Today Croyle/Huard.

The reason they ask the same questions is because they're trying to get Herm to spill it. He almost did. Some people you know when to stop asking, but in this case, because Herm is an idiot, they think they can get him to spill the info so they keep on keepin' on.

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM
You are a f'n puss then. ;)

Not really. I've broken many bones including multple vertibre and the torn muscles in foot mixed with the ankle sprain was by far the worst, my foot was completly black. I really wouldn't call any skateboarders a puss. :) We know what pain is.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iyH2XdNDblU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iyH2XdNDblU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

penguinz
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Not really. I've broken many bones including multple vertibre and the torn muscles in foot mixed with the ankle sprain was by far the worst, my foot was completly black. I really wouldn't call any skateboarders a puss. :)Don;t tell me you are tough until you have lived with a splinter under your pinky fingernail!

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Don;t tell me you are tough until you have lived with a splinter under your pinky fingernail!

I'm just saying, if LJ's injury was in anyway like that, and I imagine it was since 250lbs landed on him. He will deffintly be out this week, and most likely 3-4 more weeks. The media asking if LJ will play this week are just plain stupid.

Bank it.

FAX
11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Not really. I've broken many bones including multple vertibre and the torn muscles in foot mixed with the ankle sprain was by far the worst, my foot was completly black. I really wouldn't call any skateboarders a puss. :) We know what pain is.

That's nothin'. Mr. DaneMcCloud once broke his entire head clean off. He just overcame the setback through hard work and grew a new one that was even better.

FAX

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
That's nothin'. Mr. DaneMcCloud once broke his entire head clean off. He just overcame the setback through hard work and grew a new one that was even better.

FAX

Hehe!

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120912/MIBII-133.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120912/MIBII-jbzz117.jpg

DJJasonp
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Seriously....who asked this question....and was it with a straight face????

TEX
11-08-2007, 06:32 PM
This is too funny. We all saw how the Chiefs looked against the Colts in the playoffs. We all saw NO improvement all preseason. We were told that we were playing "vanilla" and that nobody had seen the "real" offense. BULL F*CKING SHIT! We are exactly the same team offensively that sucked against the Colts and has ever since. :shake:

Rasputin
11-08-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't want Damon to play like "Damon" of this year. I want Damon to play like Brodie Croyle would, put some zip on the ball & score some FN TOUCH DOWNS.

TEX
11-08-2007, 06:41 PM
EDWARDS: Now, that’s not all on the offense. That’s on special teams, too. Special teams have to give us better field position.

“We’re not doing very good on our return game. It seems to me the offense is always starting within the 20-yard line. That’s hard going on 80-yard drives all the time. That’s very difficult. Defensively, we’ve got to create more turnovers for our offense. We’ve got to take the ball away more and give them better field position.

This whole sequence just pisses me off to no end. :cuss:
Um...we had a return guy. We traded him. Then we had another young one. We cut him when we signed the current stiff. Both guys we had were far better than the guy we have returnung kicks now.

Our offense $ucks A$$ so bad that we have no chance unless we shrink the field by creating turnovers. If we happen to get into a situation where we play straight up - we virtually have no chance. :banghead:

I've so already had enough of Herm. Can someone just make him go away? PLEASE...:shake:

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 06:42 PM
This is too funny. We all saw how the Chiefs looked against the Colts in the playoffs. We all saw NO improvement all preseason. We were told that we were playing "vanilla" and that nobody had seen the "real" offense. BULL F*CKING SHIT! We are exactly the same team offensively that sucked against the Colts and has ever since. :shake:

It's because Herm basically tells the other team and media "We have LJ and we are going to run him down your throat".

Sorry Herm, LJ is not Barry Sanders. Infact he is pretty mediocre anymore.

Teams stack the box, and own the run. Huard is not an effective QB, so we have no passing game.

Damnit Herm. :cuss:

TEX
11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
It's because Herm basically tells the other team and media "We have LJ and we are going to run him down your throat".

Sorry Herm, LJ is not Barry Sanders. Infact he is pretty mediocre anymore.

Teams stack the box, and own the run. Huard is not an effective QB, so we have no passing game.

Damnit Herm. :cuss:

You know what? That was the case early in the season. However, now teams play the Chiefs straight up much of the time. Our O-line is just plain terrible and we have no real FB on the team. Plus, our play selection is a joke. There is no RB in the league, or no offensive scheme in exhistence, that would have much success with the twisted pile of $HIT that we call an O-Line. I can't believe the coaches, who "know more" and who are around the players all the time, couldn't see the total lack of talent there. :cuss:

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 06:57 PM
You know what? That was the case early in the season. However, now teams play the Chiefs straight up much of the time. Our O-line is just plain terrible and we have no real FB on the team. Plus, our play selection is a joke. There is no RB in the league, or no offensive scheme in exhistence, that would have much success with the twisted pile of $HIT that we call an O-Line. I can't believe the coaches, who "know more" and who are around the players all the time, couldn't see the total lack of talent there. :cuss:

It's true, they do suck. But they didn't suck this much last year when Huard was a much better QB. I really don't think they give a sh*t until there is a QB change.

MadMax
11-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Seriously....who asked this question....and was it with a straight face????

Methinks Herm has the same injury ( a ball in the eye ) I think the culprit is Damon... :p

MadMax
11-08-2007, 07:06 PM

FAX

ROFL ROFL

smittysbar
11-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Methinks Herm has the same injury ( a ball in the eye ) I think the culprit is Damon... :p

Herm got tea bagged by DamonROFL

TEX
11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
It's true, they do suck. But they didn't suck this much last year when Huard was a much better QB. I really don't think they give a sh*t until there is a QB change.

I hear ya but could Will Shields have been that good? Or is John Welbourn just that bad? The thing that bothers me is we improved at LT in a HUGE way, but it has no doubt been offset by the retarded play everywhere else.

I'm gona pull my hair out when our O-line makes Denver's D-line look good. Or when our offense makes thier defense look good. :cuss:

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 07:14 PM
I hear ya but could Will Shields have been that good? Or is John Welbourn just that bad? The thing that bothers me is we improved at LT in a HUGE way, but it has no doubt been offset by the retarded play everywhere else.

I'm gona pull my hair out when our O-line makes Denver's D-line look good. Or when our offense makes thier defense look good. :cuss:

I'm just sitting back hoping that this o-line gets a spark under thier ass when Croyle comes in. They will be out there playing for thier future instead of playing for a dirty-poolside-band-aid.

Rasputin
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I think our offense will get a spark this weekend playing the pathetic Denver D. That said Huard may have a good day if he can get the ball to D Bowe with out getting him killed. Yes I think Hutard can have a good day and probably will just to keep his job one more week. He still sucks. No excuse this weekend for the 11 year career back up QB. LJ is out but Priest is Priest and he is going to have a good day, he has too.

hrhiner
11-08-2007, 07:48 PM
You can't "win the game," if you don't know how to coach the game. Right Coach edwards?

stumppy
11-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Don;t tell me you are tough until you have lived with a splinter under your pinky fingernail!

Jeez, cry me a river. Come back when you discover real pain. Just wait until you get one of those little bitty 5 day ingrown hairs just INSIDE the edge of your nostril and it ends up being the 6th hair you pull out.

I can honestly say that experience is the only pain that brought tears to my eyes since I've become an adult.

Splinter ??? ppfffftt

:D

FAX
11-08-2007, 08:07 PM
AFCW division games are almost always difficult. It is highly unlikely that the Chiefs will run away with this one because Rizzo will have the goats ready to play us tough.

Plus, it looks like we may have, essentially, lost our traditional home field advantage during the Hermoine Era. Of all the stupid crap we've seen so far, this is a watershed game for the offense. Lose this one and it's possible that Hermoine will snap and put Dead Jim behind center.

FAX

CaliforniaAlbanach
11-08-2007, 08:09 PM
This one will be within 3 points I reckon, I just hope that its in our favor!

Molitoth
11-08-2007, 08:40 PM

I took that as sarcasm. =)

Although my brother almost died to a result of an infected splinter once. heh. If they have something nasty on them and stay stuck in the skin for long enough, they can do some harm.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2007, 08:41 PM
If it comes down to an Elam field goal, I'm gonna hurt somebody.

smittysbar
11-08-2007, 08:53 PM
If it comes down to an Elam field goal, I'm gonna hurt somebody.

Yeah no shit.