who's in?
sec

Pennywise
11-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Murderers.

seclark
11-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Murderers.
huh-uh...i'm only shooting at the little spotted ones.
sec

Radar Chief
11-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Murderers.

Yea, but thats why he wants to thin them out (http://car-accidents.com/pages/deer-accident-statistics.html)a bit.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration there are about 1.5 million car accidents with deer each year that result in $1 billion in vehicle damage, about 150 human fatalities, and over 10,000 personal injuries. The actual numbers are probably higher because the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's figures for deer accidents, rely on inconsistent state reporting- there is no standard reporting of deer accidents in the country yet, and a "reportable deer accident" varies significantly between states.

http://car-accidents.com/pics/-Headings/deer-accidents.gif

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Do you eat them?

Chiefs_Fan
11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Me and my son are in

seclark
11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Do you eat them?
sure.
sec

seclark
11-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Me and my son are in
one of my sons is coming down to hunt at my place w/me. he's using one of my rifles. i bought shells for him. he'll eat and drink from my supplies. then he'll probably fall asleep in the blind he uses.

it'll be just like when he lived at home again.
sec

Chiefs_Fan
11-09-2007, 08:30 AM
game on Sunday is going to get in the way of hunting that day

seclark
11-09-2007, 08:32 AM
game on Sunday is going to get in the way of hunting that day
small radio w/headset. listen to lenny. it's a good time.
sec

Chiefs_Fan
11-09-2007, 08:35 AM
I have done that on away games. Great way to pass the afternoon in a stand.

Although jumping up and yelling touchdown!!! tends to scare the deer away.

kepp
11-09-2007, 08:36 AM
starts tomorrow (sat).
who's in?
sec
I'd really like to get into it - probably not this year, maybe next. What is the minimum I need in order to do it? Rifle (what kind?), license, etc?

Chiefs_Fan
11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
just a knife

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
I'd really like to get into it - probably not this year, maybe next. What is the minimum I need in order to do it? Rifle (what kind?), license, etc?

Be a man. Use your bare hands!

seclark
11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Although jumping up and yelling touchdown!!! tends to scare the deer away.

no worse than cracking that first morning fart at 6:30am, or walking 1/4 mile to piss under another hunters stand.

it's all good.
sec

kepp
11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Be a man. Use your bare hands!
:) Yeah, and I'll invite the "When Animals Attack" crew along for some good footage.

Iowanian
11-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I have some work to do this morning, and I'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a tree.

Yesterday afternoon-dark I saw 3 decent bucks and had 3 bobcats walk under my tree(mama and 2 younguns).

The day before, I sat 9hrs, in the blustery wind and saw....well, not very much. After 3.5hrs I decided to change farms/stands and hadn't seen a single deer....and then driving out saw 3 large bucks bedded with does in a single CRP field. Sitting real tight.

My brothers both claim to have seen 170 class 10 and 8 point bucks on the same farm the Hog came from last year...I haven't seen them yet, but am hunting there today.

Here is one I hope to kill today if those aren't available.

Radar Chief
11-09-2007, 08:51 AM

A rifle, license, blaze orange vest and place to hunt are all you really “need”.
To help your chances of getting one takes more of an investment of time and $$$.

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Here is one I hope to kill today.

Are you going to eat it?

Radar Chief
11-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Are you going to eat it?

Why? You shopping for deer jerky or something? ;)

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Why? You shopping for deer jerky or something? ;)

I don't see the point in killing it unless you're going to eat it. :shrug:

Iowanian
11-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Are you going to eat it?

Not today.

Radar Chief
11-09-2007, 08:59 AM

Do you then have a problem with fur barer licenses?

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Do you then have a problem with fur barer licenses?

I don't wear fur. I'd be ok with hunting for fur if they ate the animal too. :D

Iowanian
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
the men are talking now.....run along to Hollister and buy yourself a nice, seasonal wool skirt.

If you'd have read any of the previous hunting threads, you'd know the answer.

Radar Chief
11-09-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't wear fur. I'd be ok with hunting for fur if they ate the animal too. :D

Ok, I don’t necessarily disagree but hunting serves a few other purposes than just providing food.

Iowanian
11-09-2007, 09:04 AM
This bow season, one of the things we'll be doing is making a large batch of jerky, and sending some to my brother's former unit, in the sand box.

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Ok, I don’t necessarily disagree but hunting serves a few other purposes than just providing food.

Sure, to me it makes most sense when the animal hunted is used for multiple purposes. What I don't comprehend is when it is killed merely for "sport".

Iowanian
11-09-2007, 09:07 AM
You ever set a mouse trap in your house?

Did you eat it?

Kill All of those car smashing Varmits, Sec.

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
You ever set a mouse trap in your house?

Did you eat it?

There's a difference between a creature entering into your house and you going out and seeking said animal/creature.

And, no, I've never set a mouse trap nor ever had a mouse/rat/whatever in my home.

HonestChieffan
11-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Gonna be in the timber all weekend, gave Donk tickets away.

HonestChieffan
11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Who hunts "just for sport"? More garbage from people with no damn clue who make this crap up while they enjoy a steak and discuss forcing their beliefs on others.

Iowanian
11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for "shitty hunter".

There's a difference between a creature entering into your house and you going out and seeking said animal/creature.

Just think how many innocent field mice get chopped up by disks in the lettuce fields of the world. The Horror!

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Who hunts "just for sport"? More garbage from people with no damn clue who make this crap up while they enjoy a steak and discuss forcing their beliefs on others.

Yes, I'm forcing my belief upon you. You are compelled to obey! You are compelled to obey!

DaKCMan AP
11-09-2007, 09:18 AM

I never said I had any problem with killing an animal and then eating it.

Pennywise
11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Y'all should have seen the size of this field rat or mole my barn cat killed and left by my trailer as a gift yesterday.

I'm not sure which because its head was missing, and I might note was nasty as ****.

Thanks Charlie.

I'll put my cats up against anybody, they do it for a living.

Pennywise
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM

Just think how many innocent field mice get chopped up by disks in the lettuce fields of the world. The Horror!

I like and especially enjoy hearing all their little peeps after the hay is cut, right before getting massacred by the hawks.

And my two cats.

seclark
11-09-2007, 09:23 AM
the guvment gave me 8 land owner tags this year.

over the last year, i've hit 2 w/my truck, and the daughter mashed one in her car.

i figure i can gut shoot 10, cut off the straps, then let the rest serve as coyote food.

i love shooting coyotes, and not eat them either

sec

Iowanian
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm almost done with my required work for the morning....an email to recieve and I'm going to smell like dirt and acorns 20' off the ground, making whitetail related breeding sounds, hoping to see a huge buck, with big brown doe eyes lean down to eat a berry or take a drink....BLAM! goes the 100grain muzzy broadhead through the vitals at speeds approaching 300fps.

Good luck sec and the rest of you animal murderers.

Pennywise
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
the guvment gave me 8 land owner tags this year.

over the last year, i've hit 2 w/my truck, and the daughter mashed one in her car.

i figure i can gut shoot 10, cut off the straps, then let the rest serve as coyote food.

i love shooting coyotes, and not eat them either

sec
Someone hung him up on Halloween, sorry about the shitty picture.

seclark
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Good luck sec and the rest of you animal murderers.

thanks...i'd even take a potshot at one of pennywises cats. and i might even eat it.
sec

seclark
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Someone hung him up on Halloween.
the f@ck is that, pw?
sec

Pennywise
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
thanks...i'd even take a potshot at one of pennywises cats. and i might even eat it.
sec

Hilarious.

Pennywise
11-09-2007, 09:37 AM
the f@ck is that, pw?
sec

Wile E. Coyote.

seclark
11-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Wile E. Coyote.
i see it now...bet that pissed the buzzards off.
sec

smittysbar
11-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I am in but the bar will be busy so not sure how early I will get out. Band Sat. Night, then probably come in for the game Sunday. SEC if you take a break on sunday swing by for the game.

StcChief
11-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I'll just dodge a deer with the car....

Demonpenz
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't agree with killing gods creatures but I won't judge the bad people who do it

blueballs
11-09-2007, 11:12 AM
KILL THEM ALL

pikesome
11-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't agree with killing gods creatures but I won't judge the bad people who do it

What's the saying? "If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat."

I'm kind of in agreement with DaKCMan, if you're going to shoot it you ought to plan on eating it. Or at least find someone who will, venison is damn good eating, especially in chili. Or sausage. Or jerky.

seclark
11-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I am in but the bar will be busy so not sure how early I will get out. Band Sat. Night, then probably come in for the game Sunday. SEC if you take a break on sunday swing by for the game.

we'll see...might drop by saturday evening after it gets dark. who's the band?
sec

Demonpenz
11-09-2007, 11:25 AM
how many points does a buck have to be this year before you can kill it 6? if anyone sells their jerkey let me know I am a hungry hungry man

blueballs
11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
penz wants to jerk a buck

Radar Chief
11-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Speaking of deer, I got this in e-mail the other day, sent to us by the wife’s uncle in Texas.

A very eventful day around here.... A once in many lifetimes experience! Mark saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car-- thought it was a lost baby goat Stopped to get it, and WOW!! A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Momma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of Mark.

Well, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but we're going to send him to a Rehab farm. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho. but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either. Here are a couple of pictures to show you. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kid s called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe lying beside him... WOW. how cool is that??
A lot of folks have never and will probably never see even another picture of an Albino deer fawn......

seclark
11-09-2007, 11:37 AM
^^^
mmmmmmm...crockpot sized.
sec

Radar Chief
11-09-2007, 11:40 AM
^^^
mmmmmmm...crockpot sized.
sec

:LOL: Young too, nice tender meat.

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm hunting all day tommorrow and then going to see the Chiefs hunt some Donkeys on Sunday. Almost the perfect weekend.

Demonpenz
11-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Why not? It's wednsday

smittysbar
11-09-2007, 12:02 PM
we'll see...might drop by saturday evening after it gets dark. who's the band?
sec

Expressway is the band this weekend, next sat is PND, they are the young band from Paris, the best bar band I have ever heard.

blueballs
11-09-2007, 12:05 PM
IF only the does had antlers
and you could catch one with it's head stuck in a tree
trying to rub off the velvet

kstater
11-09-2007, 12:09 PM

The majority of hunters eat the meat that they kill. Not all though.

Guns season opens up tomorrow down here. Won't be able to go in the morining, but will be out there tomorrow evening.

MOhillbilly
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
im in

+

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Gamma_M33.gif

Radar Chief
11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
im in

+

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Gamma_M33.gif

;)

http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

ottawa_chiefs_fan
11-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Put a guitar in that albino deer's hooves and see if it can play "Good Mornin' Little Schoolgirl"

seclark
11-09-2007, 03:34 PM
^^
gets it.
sec

Pablo
11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Deer eat crops that feed Americans.
Deer run out in front of your car and cause accidents.
Deer don't understand the concept of disease, and with a bolstering population, will die a much more painful death than one a rifle or bow will deliver.

And they taste f*cking phenomenal.

Kill Em All.

Eleazar
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM

One reason is so they don't end up crashing through the windshield of my truck.

Eleazar
11-09-2007, 04:10 PM

I hate people who smash spiders in their house too. I don't understand killing it if you aren't going to eat it.

Iowanian
11-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Puke.

Anyone want to buy a bow?

I missed tonight. 5:15 I shot about a half inch under a 10pt(maybe 12) with at least 6 tynes that stuck out further than his face. He was close but too many trees in the way, and when I had a window(and I stress window) to shoot through, he must have been at 40 yards, and I misjudged the distance. Easily the biggest buck I've ever had a legitimate shot at...easy 170class.

I'd sat 6hrs without seeing anything but 25 turkeys....the only deer I saw, the one I'd want to see and I effing missed.

I'm going to be sick about that one for a long, long time.

I'll be back in a tree in that timber at 5:45am....

Come Back ShAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaane.

CoMoChief
11-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Deer sausage is ****in awesome.

Get some ritz crackers and some cheddar cheese, and you're set.

smittysbar
11-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Puke.

I missed tonight. 5:15 I shot about a half inch under a 10pt(maybe 12) with at least 6 tynes that stuck out further than his face. He was close but too many trees in the way, and when I had a window(and I stress window) to shoot through, he must have been at 40 yards, and I misjudged the distance. Easily the biggest buck I've ever had a legitimate shot at...easy 170class.

I'd sat 6hrs without seeing anything but 25 turkeys....the only deer I saw, the one I'd want to see and I effing missed.

Oh man, I've been there, that sucks

Chief Roundup
11-10-2007, 09:11 AM
I have some work to do this morning, and I'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a tree.

Yesterday afternoon-dark I saw 3 decent bucks and had 3 bobcats walk under my tree(mama and 2 younguns).

The day before, I sat 9hrs, in the blustery wind and saw....well, not very much. After 3.5hrs I decided to change farms/stands and hadn't seen a single deer....and then driving out saw 3 large bucks bedded with does in a single CRP field. Sitting real tight.

My brothers both claim to have seen 170 class 10 and 8 point bucks on the same farm the Hog came from last year...I haven't seen them yet, but am hunting there today.

Here is one I hope to kill today if those aren't available.

Pretty good looking deer. I sure would not want to eat him though. The meat would be tough and very strong with wild game taste. I will shoot me a little one because they are the best eatin.

smittysbar
11-10-2007, 09:19 AM
SEC I didn't have much luck this morning. But if you drop in tonight tell the door person that I (JT) sent ya up, so you don't have to pay cover

seclark
11-13-2007, 08:06 AM
SEC I didn't have much luck this morning. But if you drop in tonight tell the door person that I (JT) sent ya up, so you don't have to pay cover

thanks, and sorry i didn't make it. crazy weekend.

i was in my blind at 5:30am. at 7am, 2bucks came thru and the first one was a monster. sighted in and shot at 35 yards and he hunkered over like he was hit. so i sits back down and pour a cup of coffee and wait for 30minutes for him to die, just like the big boys on tv. never found it...no blood or nothing. i pulled a rookie buck fever choke and missed him completely. sickend me.

got back in the blind at 8am and sat down w/another cup of coffee and pouted. a little after 9 a average 10pointer came down the creek and i blasted it.

spent most of sunday grinding burger and making jerky.

didn't get out yesterday...had to take the mrs. to get a new car.

i'm ready to go back out next weekend.
sec

Chief Henry
11-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Puke.

You can come to my back yard and sit in comfort.
This morning I had 3 small does and two small bucks aout 25 yards outside my kitchen window. On Sunday I had a beautiful 8 point
in my back yard. He wasn't moving around much either. He did scamper off into the grove behind my house, while I was mowing. But even at that I was with in 30 yards of him while on the rider. It might have been the biggest buck in our back yard since we moved into this house
in the fall of 2003.

Coming back from the UNI Dome last night watching the Iowa High School football playoffs we were dodging Deer left and right. We
were so f'n lucky that we didn't hit any of them.

About 2 weeks ago I made a trip back to NW IOWA. GOing up and back I easily saw 25 dead dear along side the road. I've seen so many dead ones along the road's this fall. Knock on wood, I've yet to hit one
since about 1982, and even that I was able to slow down enough where all I did was bump him a bit.

KC Kings
11-13-2007, 09:05 AM
A vast majority of the hunters I know hunt just for the sport. Last year 6,500 deer in Missouri were donated to share the harvest. Do you really think hunters are concerned with feeding the needy, or does this provide them a good ethical solution for the hunters that like hunting for the sport. When a young doe taste 10X's better than an old buck, why do so many hunters hold out for a big buck?

My brother still has deer from 2005 in the freezer, and he shot four more this weekend. He donated 2 of them to STH because it allows him to have the hunting experience without wasting the meat. We have an unwritten rule that you can't shoot a buck with a smaller rack than you have previously taken on the land, (got an 8 pointer last year, so this year I can't shoot an 8 pointer or less). For the meat I prefer a young doe over a buck anyday, but we hunt by Truman Lake where all of the deer are acorn fed, and they never get as big as the ones in Iowanian's pictures.

I do think that non-hunters think that the hunting experience is all about the killing, which is not correct. The "thrill" of the hunt is definately there, but hunting larger game especially is more of a respect thing for me. You can eat a burger without thinking twice about the cow, but when you shoot a deer you repect the fact that you have taken the life of an animal to provide food for you and your family. I don't think very many hunters shoot a deer, take the rack and leave the carcass, but I do think that deer hunting especially is a sport first, and just happens to be a means for food and land management. You see these hunters with the $5000 4-wheelers they get just to drag their deer out of the woods when you can get a full side of beef for $700. I would take a T-Bone steak over any piece of venison in a heart beat.

KC Kings
11-13-2007, 09:17 AM
thanks, and sorry i didn't make it. crazy weekend.

i was in my blind at 5:30am. at 7am, 2bucks came thru and the first one was a monster. sighted in and shot at 35 yards and he hunkered over like he was hit. so i sits back down and pour a cup of coffee and wait for 30minutes for him to die, just like the big boys on tv. never found it...no blood or nothing. i pulled a rookie buck fever choke and missed him completely. sickend me.

got back in the blind at 8am and sat down w/another cup of coffee and pouted. a little after 9 a average 10pointer came down the creek and i blasted it.

spent most of sunday grinding burger and making jerky.

didn't get out yesterday...had to take the mrs. to get a new car.

i'm ready to go back out next weekend.
sec

You process it the day after you kill it? What do the rest of the hunters here do? I was always taught that you should let it hang for a couple of days to "age" it, until regamortis loosens up, but with this warm weather you should quickly knock it down and get it in ice.

We don't run a bed and breakfast type deer camp, and our furthest stand is a 30 minute walk from the house and the part of the way is more of a bent over going backwards through cedar thicket than a walk. With a clean shot it takes an hour minimum to field dress a deer and drag it to the house, and the weather hasn't been cold enough for 5 or 6 years to let them hang, so we immediately skin it, knock it down, and get it in coolers with ice. An average Ozark doe can fit in one large cooler, and the cooler takes 3 bags of ice a day. We keep the meat in ice water with canning salt for the first 3 days, and fresh icewater for 2 more days before processing. Right now we have 4 deer in coolers at camp, so 4 coolers x's 3 bags of ice, x's 5 days is 60 bags of ice at $1.25 a piece.

Why we do it this way? Because my dad does it like that, because his dad did it like that, etc... If you can grind it the next day without affecting the taste I am all for that. It gets dark at 5:30, so instead of sitting around drinking beer all night, we could process the deer while drinking beer all night.

Saulbadguy
11-13-2007, 09:19 AM
WABBIT SEASON!

seclark
11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
You process it the day after you kill it? What do the rest of the hunters here do? I was always taught that you should let it hang for a couple of days to "age" it, until regamortis loosens up, but with this warm weather you should quickly knock it down and get it in ice.

We don't run a bed and breakfast type deer camp, and our furthest stand is a 30 minute walk from the house and the part of the way is more of a bent over going backwards through cedar thicket than a walk. With a clean shot it takes an hour minimum to field dress a deer and drag it to the house, and the weather hasn't been cold enough for 5 or 6 years to let them hang, so we immediately skin it, knock it down, and get it in coolers with ice. An average Ozark doe can fit in one large cooler, and the cooler takes 3 bags of ice a day. We keep the meat in ice water with canning salt for the first 3 days, and fresh icewater for 2 more days before processing. Right now we have 4 deer in coolers at camp, so 4 coolers x's 3 bags of ice, x's 5 days is 60 bags of ice at $1.25 a piece.

Why we do it this way? Because my dad does it like that, because his dad did it like that, etc... If you can grind it the next day without affecting the taste I am all for that. It gets dark at 5:30, so instead of sitting around drinking beer all night, we could process the deer while drinking beer all night.

i shot the buck at 9am.
gutted it in the woods and drug it back to the house which was about 100 yards thru the timber. hung it up and skinned it.
it was fairly cool the rest of saturday. but when i got up sunday morning it was too warm to leave it. so i went ahead and cut it up and ground it w/a large box of bacon ends.
i wouldn't have minded letting it hang another day if it wasn't so warm.

i used a jerky gun to make the strips and cooked the jerky in the smoker on my back porch while listening to the chiefs get orally ass-raped by mile-highs donks.

jerky tastes great...i'm about half done w/the deer, and ready to go out and fill another tag.
sec

ChiefsFan4Life
11-13-2007, 04:19 PM
This bow season, one of the things we'll be doing is making a large batch of jerky, and sending some to my brother's former unit, in the sand box.

You should make some deer jerky and then turn around and sell it to CP members :)

kstater
11-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Went out yesterday evening. Wasn't in the stand more than 10 minutes when a small doe probably 60-70 lbs came through. Was eating some corn for probably 30 minutes. I didn't shoot it thinking a buck would come up after it. Got dark and never saw a buck.

ChiefsCountry
11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Here you go. Opening day, 18 point buck shot it about 5pm on Saturday.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=74565&stc=1

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=74566&stc=1

smittysbar
11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Sec did you here about Dr. Barns' deer?

stevieray
11-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I'd be willing to pay for jerky.

FRCDFED
11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Sat morning my dad landed a 9 pt buck and I was fortunate enough to get a 10 pointer.

I let a 3 pt, 4 pt, and button buck walk. The rest of the weekend didn't see much. The weather was too warm and the asshat farming the land next to my dads property didn't take his corn out so the deer took to the fields after opening morning and hunkered down.

seclark
11-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Sec did you here about Dr. Barns' deer?
short & skinny doc barns?
nope...what about it?
sec

seclark
11-14-2007, 08:02 AM
I'd be willing to pay for jerky.
i don't think it's legal to sell wild meat...
sec

Pennywise
11-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Pssst...

It's Doc Bar.

Look it up.

stevieray
11-14-2007, 08:11 AM
i don't think it's legal to sell wild meat...
sec

no pimping bambi....

seclark
11-14-2007, 08:29 AM
no pimping bambi....
might think about trading some for a couple verses of blue Christmas.
sec

seclark
11-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Pssst...

It's Doc Bar.

Look it up.
mr. ed?
sec

Pennywise
11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
mr. ed?
sec

Nope.

Mr. Ed couldn't cow.

smittysbar
11-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah short and skinny Dr. Barns, I have more pics that he e-mailed me on my other computer. I'll post them up later

--------------------------------------------

(NEAR La PLATA, Mo.) A former Kirksville physician was back in his old stomping ground over the weekend to deer hunt, and it's a weekend he won't soon forget. Randy Barnes, who now lives at the Lake of the Ozarks, shot this 25-point buck Saturday morning on a farm near La Plata. He told KTVO he was armed with his rifle, a cup of coffee and a five-gallon bucket to sit on when the monstrous buck came out of the woods following a doe toward him. Barnes says it was so big it looked like a small moose. He says his friends don't believe his story until he shows them the proof!

"I had help field dressing the deer. It took three of us to get it in the truck. We took it over to my friend, then she was totally amazed at this monster buck that we got.

"Barnes says the antlers have a 24-inch spread. He told KTVO you can sit a five-gallon bucket between them.

For those of you familiar with scoring, the antlers green-scored roughly 220. He'll have the conservation department officially score them once they've dried out. Barnes says he plans to have the rack mounted and will proudly hang it on his wall. http://ktvo.com/uploadedImages/ktvo/News/Stories/deer1.jpghttp://ktvo.com/uploadedImages/ktvo/News/Stories/deer2.jpghttp://ktvo.com/uploadedImages/ktvo/News/Stories/deer3.jpg http://ktvo.com/uploadedImages/ktvo/News/Stories/deer4.jpg

tooge
11-14-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm in but I am gong bowhunting on the Kansas side. Makin some venison chili tonight. Leaving tomorrow night. Hunting through sunday AM. I eat what I kill, and damn it is good.

smittysbar
11-15-2007, 09:33 AM
here are some better ones

http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/31126/2381099050063415687S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb41.webshots.com/30056/2728727930063415687S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/27120/2600872030063415687S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/30072/2850211300063415687S600x600Q85.jpg

Iowanian
11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Thats a hell of a deer in any state.

I wish a bow hunter would have gotten it though...much tougher.

smittysbar
11-15-2007, 09:37 AM
yeah they realy need to move our gun season out of rut. Or adopt Iowa's Shotgun policy.

seclark
11-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Thats a hell of a deer in any state.

I wish a bow hunter would have gotten it though...much tougher.

i guess, but to be honest i'd chase that b@stard down w/my pickup.
sec

Iowanian
11-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Its definitely a lifetime deer for most people. Few people get a good look at a buck like that, let alone actually make the shot.

I'd probably wreck Sec's truck to get to that deer also. Its a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

Missouri would have a lot more big bucks if they didn't RIFLE hunt during the rutt. They would be better off to move it to the first week of December, let those big bucks spread their genetics, and make it tougher to shoot the good ones.

seclark
11-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Missouri would have a lot more big bucks if they didn't RIFLE hunt during the rutt. They would be better off to move it to the first week of December, let those big bucks spread their genetics, and make it tougher to shoot the good ones.

they don't have to worry about me. you should have seen me go into the quivering shakes last saturday when i choked & missed the big one.

i was shaking so bad, i tried to sit down in my chair to steady myself. missed the chair and fell on my ass. when i got back on my feet, the buck was still at 30-35 yards.

never was that bad in my life.
sec

smittysbar
11-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Its definitely a lifetime deer for most people. Few people get a good look at a buck like that, let alone actually make the shot.

I'd probably wreck Sec's truck to get to that deer also. Its a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

Good Post, and so true.