PDA

View Full Version : If Your Team Sucks Just Change Names and Uniforms

Stewie
11-09-2007, 08:36 AM
This will fix all your problems!

ST. PETERSBURG, Florida (Reuters) - The Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Major League Baseball's worst team last season, has changed its team name and colors.

The team, an American League expansion side in 1998 and which has never broken .500 for the season during their 10-year history, will now be known as the Tampa Bay Rays. The team also changed its logo and colors.

"These new marks will have a positive effect on the franchise as we progress towards new levels of achievement and success," owner Stuart Sternberg said in a statement.

The new team colors will be a mix of navy and light blue. The previous colors were green and white. The team was previously nicknamed after a stingray.

Tampa Bay finished 66-96 last season, the worst record in the major leagues.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071109/sp_nm/baseball_tampa_dc_1

Rain Man
11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
The new team colors will be a mix of navy and light blue. The previous colors were green and white. The team was previously nicknamed after a stingray.

So what are they named after now? Ray Lewis?

JohninGpt
11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Announcer voice:
"Welcome to Kaufman Stadium, home of your Kansas City Roy's!"

JBucc
11-09-2007, 08:40 AM
If the Royals just changed their name all willy nilly like that I'd be pissed.

seclark
11-09-2007, 08:44 AM
krikey, i hate that bloody team.
steve irwin

Eleazar
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
So what are they named after now? Ray Lewis?

By the logo on their website now I'm guessing it means sunshine. Which is about as weak as it gets, mascot-wise.

Rooster
11-09-2007, 09:09 AM
krikey, i hate that bloody team.
steve irwin

:LOL:

Valiant
11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Gay..

I wish the Royals would just bring back the yesteryear powder blue uniforms and not that crap they are trying to pass off.. It does not look right with those fugly pants..