PDA

View Full Version : Colts third string reciever, a Chiefs Castaway.

El Jefe
11-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Read the bottom and see who the Colts will have as their 3rd active WR, a guy who I thought was out of the league a long time ago.

Disclocated thumb to sideline Colts rookie WR Gonzalez 3-4 weeks
NFL.com

Indianapolis Colts team doctors have told rookie wide receiver Anthony Gonazalez he will miss three to four weeks with a dislocated thumb that also might have a torn ligament, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Around The League
In his weekly Around The League column The NFL Network's Adam Schefter discusses the impact that Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez's dislocated thumb -- expected to sideline the rookie 3-4 weeks -- will have on the Colts' offense.

Anthony Gonzalez
Games played: 8
Receptions: 15
Touchdowns: 0
Yards: 207

Gonzalez, the team's first round pick in 2007's draft, injured his thumb on the first play from scrimmage of the Colts' loss to the Patriots. On the play, a 13-yard catch, Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel tried to rip the ball out of Gonzalez's possession and instead damaged the receiver's thumb. Gonzalez tried to play the rest of the first half but struggled. He did not play in the second half.

To compound the loss of Gonzalez, tight end Dallas Clark is recovering from a concussion and wide receiver Marvin Harrison is still recovering from a left knee injury. Clark has yet to participate in practice this week, while Harrison has had limited work on both Wednesday and Thursday.

"Part of this is putting him through these testing runs that simulate games and then see how he responds," Dungy said of Harrison. "When he's OK, that's when he'll be ready to go."

If Gonzalez and Harrison can't play against the Chargers, the Colts would have only three healthy receivers on the active roster -- Wayne, Aaron Moorehead and Craphonso Thorpe, who was on the inactive list against New England.

RustShack
11-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I always thought Thorpe was going to be good, kinda pissed me off when we released him.

stlchiefs
11-09-2007, 11:51 AM
If the Colts make something of Crap that will be another bitter pill for the Chiefs. Lilja and possibly Crap too?

Chiefnj2
11-09-2007, 11:55 AM
He had a great preseason with the Colts. I think he had more receptions and TD's than all of the Chiefs WR's during preseason this past year.

RustShack
11-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Craphonso was always extreamly talented, he just couldn't learn a playbook.

JBucc
11-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Craphonso was always extreamly talented, he just couldn't learn a playbook.That may be why he's had some relative success in Indy. Seems like their receivers run the same basic routes, always line up the same way, etc. They just do what they do extremely well.

RustShack
11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Yes he also had an injury that prevented him from being drafted as high as he would have gone without it. He had first day talent, maybe even first round.

RealSNR
11-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Moorehead is pretty decent. Maybe Crap can do something. Who knows.

runnercyclist
11-09-2007, 12:56 PM
There they go again, making chicken salad.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh brother.....get over it guys.

Teams make mistakes all the time. Its impossible to predict how good some guys will be a few years down the road.

I highly doubt Thorpe is the next Marvin Harrison.

El Jefe
11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Im not mad about it, I just thought it was interesting that I happened upon it.

Duck Dog
11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Oh brother.....get over it guys.

Teams make mistakes all the time. Its impossible to predict how good some guys will be a few years down the road.

I highly doubt Thorpe is the next Marvin Harrison.

Or the next Joe Horn, huh.

BigRock
11-09-2007, 01:15 PM
They also used to have James Kilian on their PS (the QB we drafted 2-3 years ago), but I think they let him go.

CupidStunt
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
There they go again, making chicken salad.

Manning's good at that.

Huard would make Crap look crap.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Or the next Joe Horn, huh.

Like i said, every team in the league makes mistakes.

We turned around Eddie Kennisons career.

Priest Holmes as an afterthought before he came to KC.

patteeu
11-09-2007, 02:15 PM
I hope, for Indy fans' sake, that they don't have to resort to playing him anytime soon. If they do, at least they have the benefit of a stud QB throwing the ball to him though. Manning could make Lake Dawson the superstar all the homers said he was going to be.

bdeg
11-09-2007, 03:29 PM
That may be why he's had some relative success in Indy. Seems like their receivers run the same basic routes, always line up the same way, etc. They just do what they do extremely well.
You're right in that they do what they do very well, but that's because Harrison and Wayne are just great players. The Colts run a very complex offense.

Bump
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
ya if Crap can't look good with Peyton throwing the ball, then he just isn't good.

Coke Dealer
11-09-2007, 06:26 PM
What school was Thorpe from again? Florida State?