PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Hall of Fame Preliminary Nominees

ChiefsFan4Life
11-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Alphabetical List (http://www.profootballhof.com/hall/story.jsp?story_id=2583)

Position List (http://www.profootballhof.com/history/story.jsp?story_id=2582)

I am hoping DT finally makes it in

http://www.jimsavidge.com/graphics/derrick4.jpg

QB
Ken Anderson, Randall Cunningham, Boomer Esiason, Jim Plunkett, Phil Simms, Ken Stabler, Joe Theismann, Danny White, Doug Williams

RB
Ottis Anderson, Roger Craig, Terrell Davis, Eric Metcalf^, Herschel Walker, Ricky Watters

WR
Cliff Branch, Harold Carmichael, Cris Carter^, Dwight Clark, Gary Clark, Isaac Curtis, Henry Ellard, Roy Green, Art Monk*, Herman Moore^, Drew Pearson, Andre Reed*

TE
Mark Bavaro, Todd Christensen, Ben Coates, Russ Francis, Brent Jones, Jay Novacek

OL
Tony Boselli^, Lomas Brown^, Jim Covert, Dermontti Dawson, Russ Grimm*, Jay Hilgenberg, Kent Hill, Chris Hinton, Kent Hull, Joe Jacoby, Mike Kenn, Bob Kuechenberg*, Jim Lachey, Mark May, Randall McDaniel, Jeff Van Note, Richmond Webb^, Steve Wisniewski, Gary Zimmerman*

DL
Ray Childress, Fred Dean*, Richard Dent*, Chris Doleman, Jacob Green, Charles Haley, Jim Jeffcoat, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Cortez Kennedy, Joe Klecko, Fred Smerlas

LB
Cornelius Bennett, Matt Blair, Robert Brazile, Randy Gradishar, Kevin Greene, Ken Harvey, Rickey Jackson, Levon Kirkland^, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Hardy Nickerson^, Pat Swilling, Darryl Talley, Derrick Thomas*, Andre Tippett*

DB
Eric Allen, Steve Atwater, Joey Browner, LeRoy Butler, Raymond Clayborn, Nolan Cromwell, Kenny Easley, Darrell Green^, Lester Hayes, Albert Lewis, Ken Riley, Donnie Shell, Louis Wright

K/P/ST
Ray Guy*, Nick Lowery, Reggie Roby, Elbert Shelley, Steve Tasker

Coaches
Don Coryell, Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Clark Shaughnessy, Ernie Zampese

Contributors
K. S. "Bud" Adams, Gil Brandt, C.O. Brocato, Leo Carlin, Ed DeBartolo, Jr., Pat Haggerty, Bob Harlan, Jerry Jones, Frank "Bucko" Kilroy, Art McNally, Art Modell, Art Rooney, Jr., Ed Sabol, Steve Sabol, Paul Tagliabue*, Jim Tunney, Ralph Wilson, Jr., Ron Wolf, George Young

^First year of eligibility
*Finalist in 2007

------------------------

First-timers:

Darrell Green
Cris Carter
Tony Boselli
Richmond Webb
Levon Kirkland
Hardy Nickerson
Lomas Brown
Herman Moore
Eric Metcalf

Bump
11-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Darrell Green and Chris Carter made it first year. A lot of good players on that list. Hope DT makes it!

Deberg_1990
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
The problem DT has is there are too many good linebackers trying to get in all at once. That list of Linebackers is pretty formidable.

JBucc
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I do think Cris Carter should get in. I'm not sure if DT will make it or not. Let's just say he doesn't get in this year, who becomes eligible next year?

Coke Dealer
11-09-2007, 06:07 PM
The problem DT has is there are too many good linebackers trying to get in all at once. That list of Linebackers is pretty formidable.

I don't know about that. I think Derrick Thomas is far and away the best of that bunch.

Rain Man
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM
The six who should get in:

Joe Jacoby
Randall McDaniel
Charles Haley
Derrick Thomas
Andre Tippett
Ken Riley

(Apologies to Kevin Greene and Kenny Easley)

The six who will get in:

Art Monk
Andre Reed
Bob Keuchenburg
Richard Dent
Derrick Thomas
Darrell Green

Halfcan
11-09-2007, 06:28 PM
If DT does not make I will burn the place to the ground.

Coke Dealer
11-09-2007, 06:32 PM

I will help you do it. Arson is my game.

Halfcan
11-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I will help you do it. Arson is my game.

Okay, you can burn the number 58 inside a pentigram in the front yard.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Update:

The field of 124 nominees has been narrowed to 26. They are:

Cris Carter
Terrell Davis
Dermontti Dawson
Fred Dean
Richard Dent
Randy Gradishar
Darrell Green
Kevin Greene
Russ Grimm
Ray Guy
Charles Haley
Lester Hayes
Rickey Jackson
Joe Jacoby
Cortez Kennedy
Bob Kuechenberg
Randall McDaniel
Art Monk
Andre Reed
Ken Stabler
Paul Tagliabue
Steve Tasker
Derrick Thomas
Andre Tippett
George Young
Gary Zimmerman

RP_McMurphy
11-28-2007, 07:57 PM
I would pick

Darrell Green
Dermontti Dawson
Randall McDaniel
Paul Tagliabue
Cris Carter

Final Spot between- Art Monk, Derrick Thomas and Andre Reed

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2007, 07:59 PM
i hope DT gets his place

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Update:

The field of 124 nominees has been narrowed to 26. They are:

Cris Carter
Terrell Davis NEVER!!!
Dermontti Dawson
Fred Dean
Richard Dent
Randy Gradishar
Darrell Green
Kevin Greene
Russ Grimm
Ray Guy
Charles Haley
Lester Hayes
Rickey Jackson
Joe Jacoby
Cortez Kennedy
Bob Kuechenberg
Randall McDaniel
Art Monk
Andre Reed
Ken Stabler
Paul Tagliabue
Steve Tasker
Derrick Thomas
Andre Tippett
George Young
Gary Zimmerman

#58 HOF in my heart forever, now he just needs to get in Canton.

Coach
11-28-2007, 11:10 PM
I wonder what is the maximum limit on HOF inductees is....

L.A. Chieffan
11-28-2007, 11:15 PM

They told me that DT was going to make it in and then DT didn't make it in so I set the building on fire...

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2007, 11:17 PM
I wonder what is the maximum limit on HOF inductees is....

No less than four and no more than seven are inducted each year. That's the rule.

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Art Monk
Andre Reed
Bob Keuchenburg
Richard Dent
Derrick Thomas
Darrell Green

That would be a pretty cool list

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I think my favorite all time play in Chiefs history is when DT put his hands over his head to signal a safty, then BAM he does it and sacks John Elway in the endzone for a safty! I just love that play.

Coach
11-28-2007, 11:26 PM
No less than four and no more than seven are inducted each year. That's the rule.

Thank you.

Looking at this list, it's a good core of people who has a good argument to get in.

Dawson was one of the best centers during his time. How is Dent not in the HOF? That's crazy. Same for Monk as well. Carter was a hell of a receiver.

I would bet that Tagliabue has a good shot as anybody does, since he did make the NFL bigger than what they were when he started as the commish.

I guess all we can hope is that it's somebody else other than Blob Gretz trying to get DT in. Of all the time Blob Gretz tried to get DT in the HOF, he struck out.

Coach
11-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I think my favorite all time play in Chiefs history is when DT put his hands over his head to signal a safty, then BAM he does it and sacks John Elway in the endzone for a safty! I just love that play.

I believe that was aganist the Raiders and Whitlock's boy-toy Jeff George. Got around 3 blockers just to get George down.

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I believe that was aganist the Raiders and Whitlock's boy-toy Jeff George. Got around 3 blockers just to get George down.

You maybe right, but every play that DT sacked John Elfway is my favorite Chiefs play. ;)