PDA

View Full Version : Gonzalez is a dirty cheater

Hammock Parties
11-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Man. What utter bullshit.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3102510

All-Flag Team
Players with most penalties at their positions since 2004 (position, name, team, penalties, NFL rank. Note: Players with fewer than 20 penalties are not ranked among league leaders):

OFFENSE

LT: Flozell Adams, Cowboys. 35 penalties (seventh-most in NFL).
LG: Robert Gallery, Raiders. 46 (first).
C: Olin Kreutz, Bears. 26 (29th).
RG: Leonard Davis, Cowboys. 39 (third).
RT: Alex Barron, Rams. 43 (second)
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Chiefs. 26 (29th)
QB: Carson Palmer, Bengals. 24 (42nd)
WR: Anquan Boldin, Cardinals. 25 (39th)
WR: Chad Johnson, Bengals. 24 (42nd)
WR: Randy Moss, Patriots. 24 (42nd)
RB: Mike Sellers, Redskins. 20 (86th)

DEFENSE

DE: Jason Taylor, Dolphins. 33 (eighth)
DT: Shaun Rogers, Lions. 28 (23rd)
DT: Albert Haynesworth, Titans. 26 (29th)
DE: James Hall, Rams. 25 (39th).
LB: Terrell Suggs, Ravens. 21 (69th)
LB: Willie McGinest, Browns. 16 (N/A).
LB: Antwan Peek, Browns. 16 (N/A).
CB: Charles Woodson, Packers. 31 (12th).
S: Adrian Wilson, Cardinals. 26 (29th).
S: Sean Taylor, Redskins. 22 (61st).
CB: Ahmad Carroll, formerly of Packers, 30 (17th).

L.A. Chieffan
11-09-2007, 11:43 PM
A lot of those are Tony mugging the defender so Huard doesn't throw another pick.

THANKS TONY!!

Smed1065
11-09-2007, 11:49 PM
I think he gets mugged more than any other TE but I could be biased. I think he points the fact out and gets called more than usual because of it.
He holds because he gets held IMO.

Rain Man
11-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Tony gets some amazing calls. The Green Bay game last week contained two perfect examples.

On one play, a run to the left (the Samie Parker end around?), Gonzalez blocked a Packer in wide open space with nobody else around. They called a holding penalty on him, and he never even touched the guy with his hands. I have no idea how they made that call, because there wasn't anything close to holding.

On another play, that Atari Playstation guy for the Packers was riding on Tony, literally riding on him. Tony couldn't get the guy to let go, and finally managed to shove him to get him off, and then caught the pass. The announcers said, "Tony could have been called for pushing off on that play." What!?!?! The Packer guy was literally hanging on Tony's arm and Tony was just trying to get him off of him. What a farce.

KCJohnny
11-09-2007, 11:59 PM
I think he gets mugged more than any other TE but I could be biased. I think he points the fact out and gets called more than usual because of it.
He holds because he gets held IMO.

You're not biased. Gonzo is mugged more than the rest of NFL offensive players combined. He's simply too good for the rules we have. I was in Baghdad in 2003 when the refs flagged TG for pushing off on the game-tying TD in the divisional playoff game vs Indy. I was sick.

Some players (M.Jordan) have the officials stumbling over themselves to afford the superstar all the benefits of the doubt. TG is the opposite; he continues to shatter records despite refs piling onto the mugging he gets from opposing defenses.

Smed1065
11-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Just checking. Thought is was just me...

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 12:01 AM
On another play, that Atari Playstation guy for the Packers was riding on Tony, literally riding on him. Tony couldn't get the guy to let go, and finally managed to shove him to get him off, and then caught the pass. The announcers said, "Tony could have been called for pushing off on that play." What!?!?! The Packer guy was literally hanging on Tony's arm and Tony was just trying to get him off of him. What a farce.

That was Woodson. And yes, that was a real bullfight of a play. Tony actually dropped the pass.

Smed1065
11-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Nice bringing in play station versus the NFL.