PDA

View Full Version : Tony Gonzales/Antonio Gates interview in espn the mag

kcxiv
11-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Ok, i get the damn magazine. Its decent material to read while i take a shit. Anyways, i scanned the article, the picture is kind of big, but its easier to read. Enjoy...

http://home.comcast.net/~kcxiv/pics/interview.jpg

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 03:41 AM
**** Gates. Page will shut him down.

CupidStunt
11-10-2007, 03:58 AM
Gonzalez is not even in Gates' league.[/fat man with long hair]

the Talking Can
11-10-2007, 07:02 AM
lol..Gates is not a better blocker

StcChief
11-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Gates has along way to go to be in Tony's shoes.

TEX
11-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Gonzalez is not even in Gates' league.[/fat man with long hair]

ROFL Are you retarded?

That's why this year's stats are almost identical in every category...

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 08:13 AM
ROFL Are you retarded?

Are you?

CupidStunt
11-10-2007, 08:20 AM
I thought you were better than that, TEX.

Bowser
11-10-2007, 08:22 AM
ROFL Are you retarded?

It's all about stats, right? Never mind Gonzalez is the one true offensive threat on this team, while Gates is surrounded with better talent at nearly every position.

Gates should feel honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as Gonzalez.

Bowser
11-10-2007, 08:23 AM

He's succumbed to the myopia most fans of this team have.

kcirnamffoh
11-10-2007, 09:45 AM
I've been watching Tony Gonzales for years. I've really seen very little of Gates in comparison. All I can say is that if Gates is a better receiver than TG, Gates is one bad mombo-jamba.

Now as far as blocking goes, TG doesn't really block with great intensity he just tries to get in the way which sometimes results in him being in the way. If Gates is a better blocker then that may not be saying much.

Son of Logical
11-10-2007, 10:37 AM
I've been watching Tony Gonzales for years. I've really seen very little of Gates in comparison. All I can say is that if Gates is a better receiver than TG, Gates is one bad mombo-jamba.

Now as far as blocking goes, TG doesn't really block with great intensity he just tries to get in the way which sometimes results in him being in the way. If Gates is a better blocker then that may not be saying much.

Are you serious? Tony is a great blocker, he is no Jason Dunn or anything, but on run support he gets a push off the line, and maintains his block well. That is the very definition of a good blocker. Gates being a better receiver could be argued, but that he is an all around better TE cannot. Gates couldn't block tissue paper in a strong breeze. Tony is going to the hall, right now Gates would not be. End of story.

Sure-Oz
11-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I think its funny how many people spell his last name gonzales

Deberg_1990
11-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Kellen Winslow Jr. is the best TE in the game currently.

Sure-Oz
11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
based on yards?

unothadeal
11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
His 90% is better than TG's 100%. It's a proven fact.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Kellen Winslow Jr. is the best TE in the game currently.I'd rather see Gates hold the title than that punk-ass.

Sure-Oz
11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
He's a soljaaaaaaaa

Son of Logical
11-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Right...... and I can run faster then a speeding bullet, but since you don't live in San Diego you can't. It's just science.

TEX
11-10-2007, 11:09 AM

Based on Yards? Have you ever seen him block?

IMO, the best all around TE is Jason Witten. Gates, Gonzo, Winslow have more "flash" and do some things beter, but this guy does it all very well - including block like a SOB.

TEX
11-10-2007, 11:14 AM
It's all about stats, right? Never mind Gonzalez is the one true offensive threat on this team, while Gates is surrounded with better talent at nearly every position.

Gates should feel honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as Gonzalez.

I totally agree with you. I was just using the stats to show concrete proof that Gonzo is most certainly in Gates' league. You can't measure intangeables. If so, I'd put Gonzo ahead of the class. All these other TE's are just now in Gonzo's league. See if they can maintain it throughout their careers as Gonzo has. Anyone remember the "next best TE's" (Heep and Shockey) that couldn't?

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 11:16 AM
I totally agree with you. I was just using the stats to show concrete proof that Gonzo is most certainly in Gates' league. You can't measure intangeables. If so, I'd put Gonzo ahead of the class. All these other TE's are just now in Gonzo's league. See if they can maintain it throughout their careers as Gonzo has. Anyone remember the "next best TE's" (Heep and Shockey) that couldn't? The original comment was just a Mecca joke.

TEX
11-10-2007, 11:17 AM

Sorry to offend - but when you say something as outrageous as you did, you got my knee jerk response. You're right - I shouldn't have asked if you were retarded. I didn't mean to make fun of retarded people. :rolleyes:

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 11:19 AM
The original comment was just a Mecca joke.

Messier
11-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I'd like to see these other TE's keep it up for 11 some years. It seems that every few years there are TE's that seem great but only for five years or so, but to sustain greatness is the trick, for any position really. Gonzo is in the sustained greatness category.

It's funny how every year when people talk about the best TE's there are four or so names, Gonzo is always one of them, has been for ten years, and no one really brings up how rare it is that a player stays at or near the best for that long. I don't know if Gates or Witten, or any of the other top TEs will still be in the top say 8 years from now, I doubt it.

unothadeal
11-10-2007, 01:51 PM
He's a soljaaaaaaaa
He don't give a hell.

88TG88
11-10-2007, 01:53 PM
TG is practically perfect in every way.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 01:54 PM
TG is practically perfect in every way.Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...

Buck
11-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Blah blah blah who cares.

Gates is in his 5th year, Gonzalez is in his [someone fill in the blank]. Lets compare em when its all said and done.

BigRock
11-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Let's ask Al Harris (from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel):

"Antonio Gates is an incredible athlete, but I would take Gonzalez. I was amazed. I'd be on my guy and I'd turn around and look and say, 'Damn, that was a good catch.' I was all over him one time. Him and the quarterback are on the same page. He puts the ball where only he can get it. You either have to run through him and commit a foul or he's going to catch it."

Buck
11-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Let's ask Al Harris (from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel):

"Antonio Gates is an incredible athlete, but I would take Gonzalez. I was amazed. I'd be on my guy and I'd turn around and look and say, 'Damn, that was a good catch.' I was all over him one time. Him and the quarterback are on the same page. He puts the ball where only he can get it. You either have to run through him and commit a foul or he's going to catch it."

Yeah, cause Al Harris is an expert. He may have covered AG once in his career.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, cause Al Harris is an expert. He may have covered AG once in his career.I respect the hell out of Gates, but I know what Harris means.

Gonzo has a knack for blocking a guy out just like he's going for a rebound.

Bowser
11-10-2007, 02:24 PM

Good God.

BigRock
11-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah, cause Al Harris is an expert.
More than anyone posting on this board, I'd bet.

RJ
11-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Yeah, cause Al Harris is an expert. He may have covered AG once in his career.

I am thinking that is probably one time more than all the rest of us here combined, though I could be wrong.

Chiefs=Champions
11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
When its all said and done, Gates is a better athlete with better run after the catch. however gonzalez is as good at catching the ball and taking great angles so only he can catch it, as i have ever seen. Plus Gonzalez is a much better blocker, plus has the records. Game set match Gonzo...

Chiefs=Champions
11-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Gonzo would also be awesome at my sport

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mvxVdyrodKI

DRU
11-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Speaking of blocking, none of these other guys would have ever made this play like TG did...

http://www.angelleye.com/temp/TGBlock.avi

Absolutely beautiful!