PDA

View Full Version : The goal is the Super Bowl!!

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 10:59 AM
And I think we have taken a step backwards instead of forewards this year. Our QBOTF is on the bench and that is a crime. He may play or he may not play, Huard has done a horible job thus far of the season and shows no signs of getting any better. The goal for a football player and team is to get better than what you are the previous year. It is the job of the vets to perform at a higher level than the rookies or second year players (no excuses). It is the job of the young kids to get better as football players and learn from their mistakes so that the next game they hopefully will be a better football player and not make the same mistake. I don't want to watch an old QB throwing INTs that lead to a TD for the other team. I want to watch a young QB learn from mistakes and grow from them that is the only way we can get better as a football team. If Croyle makes mistakes this year fine I can live with them, but an 11 year back up QB making those mistakes is unexeptable.

I am exited about having 10 draft picks in 2008 draft. If we do good upgrading our O-line, and get a couple CBs to replace Ty & Pat. We will still be another year from the SB IMO. The O-line needs the most work and attention. I hope we can get some real bull dozers in the draft. I don't want CP to go after FA players cus they just don't last that long and don't help us for the long term.

Players like Tank Tyler need to play. Why was he out GB game?

The goal is the Super Bowl. What are we doing to improve our team to achieve this goal?

Scorp
11-10-2007, 11:02 AM
F*ck the superbowl, we just need to reach the playoffs for one round. Otherwise we won't fill the stadium.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2007, 11:03 AM
The only thing that has improved is the defense. Everything else is about the same or worse.

same old same old. Just how Carl likes it.

CupidStunt
11-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Can you prove this?

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 11:22 AM
F*ck the superbowl, we just need to reach the playoffs for one round. Otherwise we won't fill the stadium.

Does this make me a bad fan? I don't want to be mediocre... Any more...

Messier
11-10-2007, 11:23 AM
The only thing that has improved is the defense. Everything else is about the same or worse.

Really? So, Carl doesn't want a championship? Why? What would be, in your opinion his reason for not wanting to win it all?

Deberg_1990
11-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Really? So, Carl doesn't want a championship? Why? What would be, in your opinion his reason for not wanting to win it all?

Its just an old running joke around here. Some here think he only cares about keeping the stands full.

Of course im sure he wants to win it all, but he also never wants to go into a complete rebuilding mode to accomplish this either.

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 11:38 AM

I would agree that CP wants a championship, the problem is that he has no clue on how to achieve this goal. He constistantly go's out and gets old FA players at the end of their career and expects them to work out at the highest level of when they were younger. Prove to me that he wants a SB. 18 years NODA, ZIELCH, NO Super Bowls. 18 years of same ol` 30+year old QB at the healm not a QB we can call our own that will be around for a long time through thick and thin of good years and bad years that will lead us to the promise land. Look at the history of teams that won Super Bowls. MOST of them had their own QB from the draft and built a team around the QB. Yes in some rare cases you get a Trent Dilfer but the team doesn't continue to be great either.

Messier
11-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I would agree that CP wants a championship, the problem is that he has no clue on how to achieve this goal. He constistantly go's out and gets old FA players at the end of their career and expects them to work out at the highest level of when they were younger. Prove to me that he wants a SB. 18 years NODA, ZIELCH, NO Super Bowls. 18 years of same ol` 30+year old QB at the healm not a QB we can call our own that will be around for a long time through thick and thin of good years and bad years that will lead us to the promise land. Look at the history of teams that won Super Bowls. MOST of them had their own QB from the draft and built a team around the QB. Yes in some rare cases you get a Trent Dilfer but the team doesn't continue to be great either.

Well, there is no formula to win a championship, if there were everyone would be doing it.

As for the players that play, or are signed, I know some people here disagree, but I don't blame Carl for the players who play, or the play calling. I partially blame him for bad draft picks, and bad free agents. He shares blame with coaches, for those moves. I don't blame him at all for Huard starting over Croyle, that is all Herm, like I said I know some people feel Carl is pulling the strings, but if Herm really wanted to start Croyle, he could no matter what Carl wants.

TEX
11-10-2007, 11:52 AM

I don't think he likes it that way, but there is absolutely no denying the fact that under his watch, the Chiefs have not been a balanced team. This year, the defense has improved, but not as much as the offense has worsened. It's just one more way to end up around .500.

BTW, the defense is nothing special. Just slightly better than average overall. Herm is also nothing special. He was/is a bad hire.

Coach
11-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, there is no formula to win a championship, if there were everyone would be doing it.

As for the players that play, or are signed, I know some people here disagree, but I don't blame Carl for the players who play, or the play calling. I partially blame him for bad draft picks, and bad free agents. He shares blame with coaches, for those moves. I don't blame him at all for Huard starting over Croyle, that is all Herm, like I said I know some people feel Carl is pulling the strings, but if Herm really wanted to start Croyle, he could no matter what Carl wants.

There is a formula for it. Building through the draft, and actually playing the players from the draft.

Yes Carl, that does include the QB position, you numbnuts.

Along with getting solid Free Agents to fit together. Perferablly players who are 31 years old or younger.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't think he likes it that way, but there is absolutely no denying the fact that under his watch, the Chiefs have not been a balanced team. This year, the defense has improved, but not as much as the offense has worsened. It's just one more way to end up around .500.

BTW, the defense is nothing special. Just slightly better than average overall. Herm is also nothing special. He was/is a bad hire.

I wish we would have had this defense in 2003-2005

Messier
11-10-2007, 12:15 PM
There is a formula for it. Building through the draft, and actually playing the players from the draft.

Yes Carl, that does include the QB position, you numbnuts.

Along with getting solid Free Agents to fit together. Perferablly players who are 31 years old or younger.

Well the draft is a crap shoot. It's like saying, it seems the way to win at roulette is to have the ball land on the right number every time, so, do that!

Again, as for playing the drafted players, I blame coaches totally. Look, Carl has more than his share of faults, but this isn't on him.

Inspector
11-10-2007, 12:19 PM
"The goal is the Super Bowl!!"

Link?

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Carl Peterson is the Puppet Master. He has Loyal Chiefs fans strung up to believe that starting a young QB instead of a 30+QB would be a mistake. Carl Peterson has done a good job of putting in the heads of Chiefs fans the FEAR factor of going with a young unknown QB.

I don't care if it is Joe Freaking Montana or Damon Shitshisself Huard. Old QBs are not getting the job done for KC Chiefs and it is time for a change!!! Total BULL SH!T that CP is still our GM imo. Bono, Dave Kreig, Elvi Grrbitch, and Damon Hugarbage suck as QBs (Gannon, I am still pissed that he didn't play and Grrbitch did). Joe Montana & Trent Green were good for a couple years but bam they got old quick and brought us nothing for a long campaign for us to go to the Super Bowl.

This is our first year that we have a QB that we aquired in the draft with all of the raw tallent to be a great QB under CP since Matt Blundon in 1992. It is total Bull Sh!t that Croyle is not the starter after the Jags game. He earned his right to be starter and Herm had a chance to pull the trigger but alas I think CP said NO. At the end of the day CP signs Herms check.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2007, 12:41 PM
The Chiefs' goal is to make as much money as possible from the dumb fans that still have season tickets.

Messier
11-10-2007, 12:55 PM
The Chiefs' goal is to make as much money as possible from the dumb fans that still have season tickets.

Right. This is true, and they would make alot more money if they won the super bowl.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Right. This is true, and they would make alot more money if they won the super bowl.

That requires too much work and too much money out of the Hunt's pocket.

Messier
11-10-2007, 01:01 PM

What? I don't understand. This isn't baseball. The Chiefs spend just as much as any team, what are the extra costs for winning the super bowl?

stevieray
11-10-2007, 01:28 PM

are you bi-polar?

stevieray
11-10-2007, 01:29 PM

like the 75 mill for the renovations?

splatbass
11-10-2007, 01:31 PM
And I think we have taken a step backwards instead of forewards this year. Our QBOTF is on the bench and that is a crime. He may play or he may not play, Huard has done a horible job thus far of the season and shows no signs of getting any better. The goal for a football player and team is to get better than what you are the previous year. It is the job of the vets to perform at a higher level than the rookies or second year players (no excuses). It is the job of the young kids to get better as football players and learn from their mistakes so that the next game they hopefully will be a better football player and not make the same mistake. I don't want to watch an old QB throwing INTs that lead to a TD for the other team. I want to watch a young QB learn from mistakes and grow from them that is the only way we can get better as a football team. If Croyle makes mistakes this year fine I can live with them, but an 11 year back up QB making those mistakes is unexeptable.

I am exited about having 10 draft picks in 2008 draft. If we do good upgrading our O-line, and get a couple CBs to replace Ty & Pat. We will still be another year from the SB IMO. The O-line needs the most work and attention. I hope we can get some real bull dozers in the draft. I don't want CP to go after FA players cus they just don't last that long and don't help us for the long term.

Players like Tank Tyler need to play. Why was he out GB game?

The goal is the Super Bowl. What are we doing to improve our team to achieve this goal?

Patience, we are rebuilding. It takes more than 1 year to rebuild. They improved the defense this year, next year offense. Sometimes to rebuild you have to take a step back before you can go forward.

J Diddy
11-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Carl Peterson is the Puppet Master. He has Loyal Chiefs fans strung up to believe that starting a young QB instead of a 30+QB would be a mistake. Carl Peterson has done a good job of putting in the heads of Chiefs fans the FEAR factor of going with a young unknown QB.

I don't care if it is Joe Freaking Montana or Damon Shitshisself Huard. Old QBs are not getting the job done for KC Chiefs and it is time for a change!!! Total BULL SH!T that CP is still our GM imo. Bono, Dave Kreig, Elvi Grrbitch, and Damon Hugarbage suck as QBs (Gannon, I am still pissed that he didn't play and Grrbitch did). Joe Montana & Trent Green were good for a couple years but bam they got old quick and brought us nothing for a long campaign for us to go to the Super Bowl.

This is our first year that we have a QB that we aquired in the draft with all of the raw tallent to be a great QB under CP since Matt Blundon in 1992. It is total Bull Sh!t that Croyle is not the starter after the Jags game. He earned his right to be starter and Herm had a chance to pull the trigger but alas I think CP said NO. At the end of the day CP signs Herms check.

um that is a contradiction in terms being pissed about keeping Grbac and letting gannon go.

you want the chiefs to go with youth, that is what they did here

you're mad because you have the luxury of hindsight

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Patience, we are rebuilding. It takes more than 1 year to rebuild. They improved the defense this year, next year offense. Sometimes to rebuild you have to take a step back before you can go forward.

Right, rebuilding with an 11 year career back up QB. OK... :rolleyes:

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 03:20 PM
um that is a contradiction in terms being pissed about keeping Grbac and letting gannon go.

you want the chiefs to go with youth, that is what they did here

you're mad because you have the luxury of hindsight

`Don't get this twisted...` CPs evaluation of old QBs has not gotten us a Super Bowl...Why should us loyal Chiefs fans expect anything different this year? It is obvious that Huard is not the ancwer at QB.

It would be nice to find out what Croyle can bring to the table. Hopefully he works out and does a good job for us. Even if he struggles this year it would give him valuable experiense for the offseason and he can be better next year with a new offensive O line.

splatbass
11-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Right, rebuilding with an 11 year career back up QB. OK... :rolleyes:

As I said, patience. Croyle will start sooner or later - probably sooner. The offensive line needs to be rebuilt before our offense is going to be successful so there is time. You seem to think that we can rebuild instantly and be a SB contender immediately. It doesn't work that way. Relax a little, we will be a contender in the next year or two. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 03:46 PM
As I said, patience. Croyle will start sooner or later - probably sooner. The offensive line needs to be rebuilt before our offense is going to be successful so there is time. You seem to think that we can rebuild instantly and be a SB contender immediately. It doesn't work that way. Relax a little, we will be a contender in the next year or two. Rome wasn't built in a day.

No, I understand that it takes time. I've been patient for the Chiefs to build us a championship caliber team. I am not being patient on how soon we get to see Croyle. I wanted the Chiefs to draft and develop a QB ever since Joe Montana retired and now that we've got one he is on the bench. I am just flustrated that is all, I know it takes time. CP has had 18 years to get us a SB, what's another 5 years of his 5 year plan?

I am totally exited about next years draft with 10 picks. I am ready for this team to build a dynasty through the draft. The Stealers did it in the 70s, the 49rs did it in the 80s, the Cowboys did it in the 90s, and the Patriots did it this decade. I am ready for the Chiefs to build a domminant team like those I have mentioned for the next decade to come. I can accept a down season or two to achieve the goal of a Super Bowl, and then some more Super Bowls to follow. I can accept a year or two of growing pains. I can not however accept the term "rebuilding" with a 34 year old QB that has been a back up for 11 years, that is total BS.

Otter
11-10-2007, 03:50 PM

Sure he wants a championship, who wouldn't. But it ether doesn't seem to be one of his goals or he's simply unable to engineer a team that is able to, hell, compete for a championship at this point.

Stew on this for a moment and see what it tells you about this franchise:

The Chiefs hold the record for the longest retained GM in not only the NFL but all professional sports, Carl Peterson. He has only come close to bringing the team he leads to championship in his 18 years of leadership once. He hasn't won a playoff game for fourteen years.

Spin it anyway you want man, that's the facts.

Messier
11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Sure he wants a championship, who wouldn't. But it ether doesn't seem to be one of his goals or he's simply unable to engineer a team that is able to, hell, compete for a championship at this point.

Stew on this for a moment and see what it tells you about this franchise:

The Chiefs hold the record for the longest retained GM in not only the NFL but all professional sports, Carl Peterson. He has only come close to bringing the team he leads to championship in his 18 years of leadership once. He hasn't won a playoff game for fourteen years.

Spin it anyway you want man, that's the facts.

I see what you're saying. And I agree that he hasn't been able to put together a coach with a team capable of making it to the super bowl. As for wins and loses, I put that on the coach, now, you can blame Peterson for hiring coaches not able to win, that's fine.

The Chiefs haven't been bad enough at any time over the last 18 seasons to fire Peterson, or to totally clean house, and that's good and bad. I know some believe that is somehow his plan to do just enough not to get fired, but how do you plan that in football? And besides despite being an awful person and a jerk, Peterson doesn't strike me as lazy, he's extremely egotistical.