PDA

View Full Version : true or false, for those at Arrowhead this year

Wile_E_Coyote
11-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I have read here & there. Also have heard on the local KC radio stations, that the WRs are getting open. Huard is just not getting the ball to them or won't look further than Gonzo.

For those who have gone to the games, is this true or false?

Demonpenz
11-10-2007, 04:14 PM
they look open after huard is getting swallowed up

NUMBER7
11-10-2007, 04:15 PM
From what I have heard on the local Sports talk and read in the "fish wrap" we do not have any WRs who can spread the defense. From my observations at the games this year I would agree. With EKs return on Sunday we may now have a deep threat back on the field.

Reerun_KC
11-10-2007, 04:33 PM
See hooties and goatse voted...

jjjayb
11-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I've been to a few games this year and it's absolutely true. Too many times Huard has checked down and missed open people.

CrazyHorse
11-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I went to only one game. The Minne game. The defense for Minne had 10 guys on the line on almost all plays. Huard dont check it down. The Check down is his 1st read.

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 05:30 PM
His progression seems to go primary read, safety valve, crumple.

The main thing to me that is telling is not when he misses someone, but where if he put a ball in the right place we could get more yards, but the ball will come in behind the receiver or up really high.

greg63
11-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I don't go to the games but believe this to be true, however, I think the biggest reason for this is because Huard is not getting the protective production out of the "O" line that is needed to give him, or any QB, the time necessary to find the open man. JMHO

CrazyHorse
11-10-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't go to the games but believe this to be true, however, I think the biggest reason for this is because Huard is not getting the protective production out of the "O" line that is needed to give him, or any QB, the time necessary to find the open man. JMHO

You will never get prtection throwing the ball short. 10 men on the line will always create pressure on the passer. It will also make it tough in the run game.

I'm not sayin the line is doing a great job. But saying that Huard isn't helping them.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Our rookie wide receiver leads all rookies in receiving and Gonzalez is off to the best start of his career. Yeah, I'm sure Huard is missing Jeff Webb getting open all the time.

The guy has completed 64 percent of his passes. What do you want, 70? Gimme a break.

I said it yesterday and I will say it again. If our running game was producing at the level it did last year, we'd be ranked 11th in total offense right now.

Marcellus
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Our rookie wide receiver leads all rookies in receiving and Gonzalez is off to the best start of his career. Yeah, I'm sure Huard is missing Jeff Webb getting open all the time.

The guy has completed 64 percent of his passes. What do you want, 70? Gimme a break.

I said it yesterday and I will say it again. If our running game was producing at the level it did last year, we'd be ranked 11th in total offense right now.

Yet we are 30th in offense. If we can't run it, we need to thow it better like Green Bay. Green Bay has the worst rushing offense in the leauge and they are 5th in total offense.

I know we don't have Farve but to your point we have TG and Bowe and now Kennison.

I know, its all the O lines fault.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2007, 06:28 PM

Turley, Terry, Welbourn, Weigmann, Waters are whats wrong with this team.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 06:34 PM
If we can't run it, we need to thow it better like Green Bay.

We don't have the personnel.

Marcellus
11-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Turley, Terry, Welbourn, Weigmann, Waters are whats wrong with this team.

Call me crazy but I doubt we have the 30th ranked oline in football. I would like to see another QB behind the line before I put it all on them.

I also think the play calling is somewhat to blame. Our shitty line didn't look too bad when they were convoying LJ to the goal line on that screen last week. Unimaginative play calling is as much to blame but I also wonder how much is it tailored to Huards abilities.

Marcellus
11-10-2007, 06:36 PM
We don't have the personnel.

At QB for sure.But you brag on Gonzo and Bowe's stats when you want to defend Huard. It doesn't work both ways.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
At QB for sure.But you brag on Gonzo and Bowe's stats when you want to defend Huard. It doesn't work both ways.

Sure it does. We have the personnel to field a balanced offense. We DON'T have the personnel to field a pass-first offense. We don't have tackles that can consistently hold up, and we don't have a deep receiving corps. And yes, we don't have the quarterback.

Huard is only as good as the people around him. JUST LIKE TRENT GREEN.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 06:46 PM
I also think the play calling is somewhat to blame. Our shitty line didn't look too bad when they were convoying LJ to the goal line on that screen last week. .

There's nothing wrong with the playcalling. We've called that screen a dozen times this year. It just happened to work last Sunday.

Marcellus
11-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Sure it does. We have the personnel to field a balanced offense. We DON'T have the personnel to field a pass-first offense. We don't have tackles that can consistently hold up, and we don't have a deep receiving corps. And yes, we don't have the quarterback.

Huard is only as good as the people around him. JUST LIKE TRENT GREEN.

I agree to a point. The point being simply this. We don't have another option at o-line. We have the line we have. We don't have any more options at WR unless Kennison just becomes a monster, highly doubtful since he has been out most of the year.

We do have another option that could be better, maybe not, to try at QB and at some point we have to try that option.

FAX
11-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks for posting this poll, Mr. Wile_E_Coyote. I've been wondering about this for a while.

FAX

Marcellus
11-10-2007, 06:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with the playcalling. We've called that screen a dozen times this year. It just happened to work last Sunday.

You can't seriosly say the play calling has been good this year? We are constantly outperformed by teams with lesser offensive talent. I don't neccesarily mean head to head,I mean looking around the leauge week to week. Do you think we are 30th in offensive talent?

Waters, Gonzo, LJ, have all been probowlers. Wigmann is respectable, McIntosh has played well for the most part. Leading rookie WR in the leauge as you stated.

Why are we 30th in offense if its not Huard and its not the play calling? All because of the right side of our line?

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Why are we 30th in offense

We can't run the football. We can't block. We can't open holes. We don't have the talent.

There's very little Solari can do as a playcaller when he's not given the tools to work with.

Marcellus
11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
We can't run the football. We can't block. We can't open holes. We don't have the talent.

There's very little Solari can do as a playcaller when he's not given the tools to work with.

You keep going back to the running game etc... you don't answer the specific questions I keep asking. Do you really think we ar 30th in the leauge in offensive talent?

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Do you really think we ar 30th in the leauge in offensive talent?

I think our OL is that bad. And when your OL is that bad, it rarely matters who you have at the skill positions.

Do you think the Chiefs were #1 in the league in offensive talent when Dick Vermeil was here? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Marcellus
11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
I think our OL is that bad. And when your OL is that bad, it rarely matters who you have at the skill positions.

Do you think the Chiefs were #1 in the league in offensive talent when Dick Vermeil was here? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Once again, we don't have another option at o-line, we do at QB.

We will see Croyle this year and the debate that goes on here every day will go on. If he plays better, people will say see I told you. If he doesn't, they will blame it on the o-line just like all of the Huard supporters. I guess the debate will never end.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Once again, we don't have another option at o-line, we do at QB.

We will see Croyle this year and the debate that goes on here every day will go on. If he plays better, people will say see I told you. If he doesn't, they will blame it on the o-line just like all of the Huard supporters. I guess the debate will never end.

I won't judge Croyle on anything that happens this year....unless he pulls a Ryan Leaf.

CrazyHorse
11-10-2007, 07:35 PM

Gonzo? Short passes over the middle 90% of the time. And A WR with 20 some catches by mid season. Yeah.....he's good.

**** you're an idiot.

CrazyHorse
11-10-2007, 07:36 PM

The only time we have shown we can move the ball is when we stretch the defense. Huard wont.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-10-2007, 07:38 PM
How many games have the Huard supporters attended this year?

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 07:39 PM
How many games have the Huard supporters attended this year?

I have been to one game....the great Huard-led comeback against the Vikings. Man he was on fire in the second half when the coaching staff pulled their heads outta their asses!

CrazyHorse
11-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I have been to one game....the great Huard-led comeback against the Vikings. Man he was on fire in the second half when the coaching staff pulled their heads outta their asses!

You'd think with Huard being so good, that Edwrads wouldn't be thinking of pulling him practically every week.

Marcellus
11-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I was at the epic Cinci game and I would still rather see Croyle get his shot.

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 07:49 PM

I was at the Jags game and with 8 minutes left Huard hit a wide open Jags defender.

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I was at the Jags game and with 8 minutes left Huard hit a wide open Jags defender.

I was at the Packers game where he threw the ball into a linebacker's stomach with the game on the line.

Rasputin
11-10-2007, 07:52 PM
For the record I don't want to see Huard as our QB & I don't want to see a fat lady breast feed her child at the park. :shake: NO.