PDA

View Full Version : Nameplate for #82 Hall Jersey

stlchiefs
11-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Anybody know where or how I can get a D. Bowe nameplate for my old Dante Hall jersey? The X Factor is gone and I'd love to be able to turn the jersey into a Bowe jersey but don't know where to find a nameplate. Any and all help is appreciated.

Direckshun
11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
We've had about 12 of these threads and I'll be damned if there's been an adequate answer for it.

stlchiefs
11-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Damnit. Sorry about a repeat, but I was sure somebody here would know of a place to go to. From now on I'm only buying jersey's of retired Chiefs, at least I know they won't switch teams.

Boon
11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Photoshop it.

StcChief
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
go to a shirt shop in STL? the uniform guys in town? name escapes me.

DaFace
11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Probably still worth the effort, but the strong rumor is that Bowe will change his number after this season.

Coach
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Probably still worth the effort, but the strong rumor is that Bowe will change his number after this season.

I believe it was, what, 80 that he wants?

DaFace
11-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I believe it was, what, 80 that he wants?

Yeah, I think so. That was his college number IIRC.

Coach
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I think so. That was his college number IIRC.

That is correct. Number 80 for LSU.

The way he is playing thus far, I can see he'll be getting it.

Tribal Warfare
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM

Correct to #80

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I saw a guy going in today that put grey duct tape over his "Hall" nameplate and wrote "Bowe" in magic marker on the tape.

Not too stylish, but a nice job of recycling.
Bowe has an "80" tattooed on his arm, so once Jeff Webb goes away, he'll grab that number.

The Bad Guy
11-11-2007, 09:30 PM

To what? If he was going to get 80, he would have bought it off Webb long before the season started.

Coach
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
To what? If he was going to get 80, he would have bought it off Webb long before the season started.

He could had, but I would think seniority comes into play at first. Not to mention that Bowe would have to prove himself before he could get anything.

Of course, it's just me speculating, that's all.

The Bad Guy
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
He could had, but I would think seniority comes into play at first. Not to mention that Bowe would have to prove himself before he could get anything.

He's the first round pick, who just signed for a lot of money.

He could have easily paid off a 5th round pick from the year before for the number if he really needed to have it.

Coach
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
He's the first round pick, who just signed for a lot of money.

He could have easily paid off a 5th round pick from the year before for the number if he really needed to have it.

Sure, and I can see your point. But then, why he didn't do that, we have no idea.

Tribal Warfare
11-11-2007, 10:56 PM

LJ was originally 34 then changed it 27

The Bad Guy
11-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Sure, and I can see your point. But then, why he didn't do that, we have no idea.

I'll be really pissed since I just sprung for a Bowe authentic.

Coach
11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I'll be really pissed since I just sprung for a Bowe authentic.

*Nods in agreement*

That's one reason why I never buy authentic jerseys anymore. Gone are the players who stay in the same number that is assigned to them. Gone are also them playing in one city for the rest of their career.

Tribal Warfare
11-11-2007, 11:23 PM
*Nods in agreement*

That's one reason why I never buy authentic jerseys anymore. Gone are the players who stay in the same number that is assigned to them. Gone are also them playing in one city for the rest of their career.

Unless their old school greats, or FOHFers then I concur.

Coach
11-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Unless their old school greats, or FOHFers then I concur.

Agreed.

The Bad Guy
11-12-2007, 08:21 AM
I didn't spend a big price for it, so it won't really bother me. I'll find a way to get a zero on the jersey instead of a 2.

Delano
11-12-2007, 08:27 AM
It is kind of strange to see 82 on his shoulder and 80 on his bicep.

The Bad Guy
11-12-2007, 08:45 AM
It is kind of strange to see 82 on his shoulder and 80 on his bicep.

Kennison has like 5 different logos inked on his arm.

He should have just paid Webb off.

RJ
11-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I have a unique problem in this regard.

I bought my 4 y/o daughter a Hall jersey a week or so ago. I couldn't see spending $50 for something she'll outgrow in less than a year and Amazon had the Hall for $21.95. I didn't think she would know the difference.

She was really excited to get the jersey, she wore it on the first day. When I told her the name on the jersey she wanted to see google images. So I google Dante Hall and there are mostly Chiefs pics but there is one Rams pic. I explain my way out of that but begin to sense I may have a problem.

Yesterday the game was televised here so again she wants her jersey and wants me to wear my Gonzalez. Early in the game she asks where Dante Hall is. I tell her he's on the bench. "Why?", she wants to know. "Uh, he's hurt".....Then she sees Bowe in motion. "Daddy, look, there's #82!". Then a few minutes later a close-up of Bowe. "Dad, can a team have more than one #82?". "Yes! Yes they can! And the Chiefs other #82 is Dwayne Bowe!". "Oh. Is he fast like Dante Hall?". "Yes". "Is Dante Hall faster?" "Yes." "Then why isn't he playing?"

I obviously have a problem here. If I tell her Hall isn't a Chief anymore I know she won't like the jersey. I am really wishing I'd have sprung for another $20 or so but I really didn't think she'd ever know the difference. Maybe the novelty will wear off before the Chiefs are on tv here again. Meanwhile, if I can't get a new name plate we'll ask Santa to bring another jersey for Christmas.

Coach
11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I have a unique problem in this regard.

I bought my 4 y/o daughter a Hall jersey a week or so ago. I couldn't see spending $50 for something she'll outgrow in less than a year and Amazon had the Hall for $21.95. I didn't think she would know the difference.

She was really excited to get the jersey, she wore it on the first day. When I told her the name on the jersey she wanted to see google images. So I google Dante Hall and there are mostly Chiefs pics but there is one Rams pic. I explain my way out of that but begin to sense I may have a problem.

Yesterday the game was televised here so again she wants her jersey and wants me to wear my Gonzalez. Early in the game she asks where Dante Hall is. I tell her he's on the bench. "Why?", she wants to know. "Uh, he's hurt".....Then she sees Bowe in motion. "Daddy, look, there's #82!". Then a few minutes later a close-up of Bowe. "Dad, can a team have more than one #82?". "Yes! Yes they can! And the Chiefs other #82 is Dwayne Bowe!". "Oh. Is he fast like Dante Hall?". "Yes". "Is Dante Hall faster?" "Yes." "Then why isn't he playing?"

I obviously have a problem here. If I tell her Hall isn't a Chief anymore I know she won't like the jersey. I am really wishing I'd have sprung for another $20 or so but I really didn't think she'd ever know the difference. Maybe the novelty will wear off before the Chiefs are on tv here again. Meanwhile, if I can't get a new name plate we'll ask Santa to bring another jersey for Christmas.

Usually, it's best to tell the child the truth. It'll hurt and they may hate you for a little bit, but they'll come to terms with that, and they'll appreciate you for being honest with them in the first place.

RJ
11-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Usually, it's best to tell the child the truth. It'll hurt and they may hate you for a little bit, but they'll come to terms with that, and they'll appreciate you for being honest with them in the first place.

Well, I don't know.......I've lied to the child so much that they're all starting to run together. Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy will be here soon, and now Dante Hall. I am living a lie, I hope someday she can forgive me.