PDA

View Full Version : MU in the drivers seat

jjchieffan
11-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Beat undefeated #3 KU at Arrowhead, beat #4 OU in the Big 12 championship game, and they will be in the NC game.
I just had to trumpthe KU thread. You know rivalry and all. :ROFL:

Frazod
11-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Ha. Your sad attempt to mess with Dole's mojo will not be successful. :D

KcMizzou
Silly blue chicken.

Bob Dole
MU will be just another 1 loss team.

How is that "in the driver's seat"?

alnorth
11-10-2007, 06:26 PM
They arent quite in the driver's seat, but if the Misery Tiggers have ANY luck WHATSOEVER, then winning out should get them into the big game with a loss somewhere by LSU or Oregon. At this point with the insane year we are having, what are the odds that Oregon and LSU wins out?

20-1 against?

the Talking Can
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
MU isn't going to jump LSU or Oregon

jjchieffan
11-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Come on now, wins against 2 top 5 teams, plus beating Illinois, who beat 2 top 5 teams and big 12 champion gives them a legitimate chance, if they can pull it off. Besides, I said I just started this thread to mess with you KU fans.
I guess I should watch that, you being a mod and all. :ROFL:

jjchieffan
11-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Its all gonna come together in 2 weeks, when MU beats KU and Ark beats LSDU.

CupidStunt
11-10-2007, 06:36 PM

Some of these clowns are just delusional to NATIONAL perception.

I guess that's what one good season every now and then does to 'em.

CoMoChief
11-10-2007, 06:44 PM
If MU wins out they will go to the National Title game.

If they beat OU in the Big12 Champ game, it would almost waive out the loss they had against them in Norman because they beat OU on a neutral field as opposed to MU losing to them at their place.

KU will be number 3 granted if they win tonite. KU needs to win tonite to help MU's chances. MU will beat KU at Arrowhead, then if they beat OU that will be 2 top 4 teams MU has beaten in the last 2 weeks. No way they don't deserve to be there if they do that.

Bob Dole
11-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Mizzou needs other teams to lose to have a shot. That's not "in the driver's seat".

KU controls their own destiny. In they win, they are in.

Spott
11-10-2007, 06:46 PM
MU will be just another 1 loss team.

How is that "in the driver's seat"?

That sounds good to me because that means we will have beat the gayhawks.

jjchieffan
11-10-2007, 06:49 PM

Delusional, no. I know it is a loooong shot for MU. But you never know. KU and MU are having great Cinderella seasons and the chance for MU to get there is the best it has ever been. So why not get excited? And hopefully, the way things have been improving in recent years, this will be a consistent national powerhouse team for years to come.

jjchieffan
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
If I start another official KU game thread to mess with their mojo, wil that be going too far. Would Bob Dole ban me? :ROFL:

kcfanXIII
11-10-2007, 10:12 PM
i think whoever wins the BIG XII deserves a shot at the national title. MU, KU, or OU. you tellin me LSU or OR would have beat 2 top 5 teams?

the Talking Can
11-10-2007, 10:37 PM

what the **** are you talking about?

beer bacon
11-10-2007, 10:57 PM

It really depends. If either KU or MU sweep all the way to the their bowl, they are going to get a huge bump from beating two top five teams.

Spott
11-16-2007, 04:39 AM

Piss on Bob Dole's mojo. We are in the driver's seat now.

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Piss on Bob Dole's mojo. We are in the driver's seat now.

You're loony. Mizzou needs things to happen that are beyond their control. KU just needs to win out and they can't reasonably be denied.

BigRedChief
11-16-2007, 06:03 AM
You're loony. Mizzou needs things to happen that are beyond their control. KU just needs to win out and they can't reasonably be denied.
I agree with the Senator on the last point of his argument.

KU wins out they are in the friggin national championship game. Whodathunkit :hmmm:

But I also think that as long as KU wins this Saturday and MU beats them at Arrowhead and beats OU in the Big 12 championship they will be in the BCS championship. They have no one to leap over left after those two wins.

OU wins out they are in the BCS championship. They lose they are still going to be in a BCS game.

If MU or KU lose any of these games they may lose a chance at any BCS game.

But, I don't think any of these teams can beat LSU so there will be no championship for any of the Big 12 teams..........wellllll unless LSU stumbles then....about 20 possibilities come back into play.

KcMizzou
11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
But I also think that as long as KU wins this Saturday and MU beats them at Arrowhead and beats OU in the Big 12 championship they will be in the BCS championship. They have no one to leap over left after those two wins.
Exactly. I'm assuming Mizzou will be 4th behind KU and OU... knock them out, that puts Mizzou at #2.

It seems to me that all three Big XII teams are "in the drivers seat". Win out, and it's yours...

KcMizzou
11-16-2007, 06:31 AM
You're loony. Mizzou needs things to happen that are beyond their control. KU just needs to win out and they can't reasonably be denied.What help does Mizzou need?

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 06:42 AM
What help does Mizzou need?

IF they win out, Mizzou would likely be in a wad of one-loss teams and is going to depend on the Harris and USA Today polls. If Mizzou manages to win out, it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that they get a shot at the title game.

BigRedChief
11-16-2007, 07:11 AM
IF they win out, Mizzou would likely be in a wad of one-loss teams and is going to depend on the Harris and USA Today polls. If Mizzou manages to win out, it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that they get a shot at the title game.
Is the former senator from Kansas a KU fan?

MU will have avenged its only loss(on the road at OU) on a neutral field against the #2 team in the country(OU in the Big 12 championship). They have a win over Illinois, another win over the #2 team in the country(KU). They didn't play a patsy non-conference schedule.

I disagree with the esteemed senator. MU is in if they win out.

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Is the former senator from Kansas a KU fan?

MU will have avenged its only loss(on the road at OU) on a neutral field against the #2 team in the country(OU in the Big 12 championship). They have a win over Illinois, another win over the #2 team in the country(KU). They didn't play a patsy non-conference schedule.

I disagree with the esteemed senator. MU is in if they win out.

Bob Dole is a Mizzou alum.

And a realist.

Bob Dole will be as excited as anyone else if it happens, but it's a long way from a "lock".

BigRedChief
11-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Bob Dole is a Mizzou alum.

And a realist.

Bob Dole will be as excited as anyone else if it happens, but it's a long way from a "lock".
I'd say its going to be a hellva lot harder to beat OU in Texas and forget the past loss's to bad KU teams.

DeepSouth
11-16-2007, 07:28 AM

I'm guessing you might give MU a chance to jump over Oregon now ?

HemiEd
11-16-2007, 07:36 AM

MU is a shoe in, KU has no chance whatsoever.

pikesome
11-16-2007, 07:39 AM
No coffee before posting = bad. How the hell did Oregon lose?

Ignore this crap:

Unless KU wins out I'm pretty sure it's going to be Oregon and LSU. That seems to be the game most people are talking about. KU as the Big 12 champ is going to be very hard to pass on even though I think most of the voters would rather see the other two anyway. Mizzou just doesn't seem to have that extra "something" to push them ahead. Although convincing wins against KU and OU might do that.

BigRedChief
11-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Unless KU wins out I'm pretty sure it's going to be Oregon and LSU.
Jeezzz get with the program. Check the news sir.

Stewie
11-16-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm a KU homer, but I'd say realistically that OU has the best shot at the national title. I've watched all three teams play and I think OU is the best team. Of course, I picked OU to beat KSU in the 2002 Big XII Championship. I guess that's why they play the games.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
MU is a shoe in, KU has no chance whatsoever.

KU had no chance to beat KSU, no chance to beat CU, no chance to beat A&M, cetainly no chance to beat OSU.

Find some new schtick.

OnTheWarpath15
11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm guessing you might give MU a chance to jump over Oregon now ?

I'm guessing the last couple of posters didn't realize that Oregon lost last night.

pikesome
11-16-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm guessing the last couple of posters didn't realize that Oregon lost last night.

That would be me. They lost? WTF? This season is a fricken mess, which is pretty damn good for the Big 12. I'd like to retract my previous comments.

OnTheWarpath15
11-16-2007, 07:57 AM
That would be me. They lost? WTF? This season is a fricken mess, which is pretty damn good for the Big 12. I'd like to retract my previous comments.

Yep.

Lost by 10 to Arizona.

Dixon left the game early with a knee injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3113347

pikesome
11-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Yep.

Lost by 10 to Arizona.

Dixon left the game early with a knee injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3113347

Maybe this really is KU's year. Or MU. Neither one had a snowball's chance at the start of the season.

This whole season feels like a year of NCAA 2005 where I purposely play (and throw) other teams' games to engineer a Baylor or Navy or San Diego State NC.

Boon
11-16-2007, 08:28 AM
MU has to get by KSU this week.
This has all the makings of a trap game to me.
Beware tiggers. Don't let the Mildcats spoil your party.

beer bacon
11-16-2007, 08:31 AM
MU has to get by KSU this week.
This has all the makings of a trap game to me.
Beware tiggers. Don't let the Mildcats spoil your party.

Trap game #8 for the Tigers this season.

Lzen
11-16-2007, 08:36 AM
This whole season feels like a year of NCAA 2005 where I purposely play (and throw) other teams' games to engineer a Baylor or Navy or San Diego State NC.

Holy cow! You must have a lot of time on your hands.

kepp
11-16-2007, 08:43 AM
How many of those other 1 loss teams will have beaten 2 top five teams in the last two weeks?

pikesome
11-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Holy cow! You must have a lot of time on your hands.

I haven't done it in a while but I get a sadistic thrill out of having a Baylor team win 4 NC in a row without losing a game. Baylor's nice because it means I get OU and Texas who I love to smack around as well as they're the bottom of the barrel in the Big 12.

KC Jones
11-16-2007, 08:45 AM
How many of those other 1 loss teams will have beaten 2 top five teams in the last two weeks?

? ... but KU doesn't have any loses :D

kepp
11-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Trap game #8 for the Tigers this season.
Exactly ;)

kepp
11-16-2007, 08:48 AM
? ... but KU doesn't have any loses :D
If MU was a 1 loss team that had recently beaten two top five teams, that assumes they would have handed KU a loss. I was answering BD's assumption that they would get caught in the clump of 1 loss teams if they won out.

ROYC75
11-16-2007, 08:52 AM
With the Oregon loss, all 3 B12 teams are in control of their own destiny.

kcfanXIII
11-16-2007, 09:11 AM
With the Oregon loss, all 3 B12 teams are in control of their own destiny.

great isn't it?

Spott
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM

No they don't. If they win out, they will be in the BCS championship game no matter what. The only two teams that they need to lose are on their schedule.

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 03:57 PM
No they don't. If they win out, they will be in the BCS championship game no matter what. The only two teams that they need to lose are on their schedule.

Alrighty then. :rolleyes:

|Zach|
11-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Alrighty then. :rolleyes:
I don't know if you are doing some reverse mojo or what not but this opinion has been pretty universal...These 3 teams are in a 3 game season straight to the national championship.

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't know if you are doing some reverse mojo or what not but this opinion has been pretty universal...These 3 teams are in a 3 game season straight to the national championship.

And what makes anyone think that Mizzou with one loss is going to be seen as superior to all the other teams likely to have one loss?

Bob Dole isn't holding his breath.

Tits McGee
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Mizzou needs other teams to lose to have a shot. That's not "in the driver's seat".

KU controls their own destiny. In they win, they are in.

Missouri does not need any help.
If your ranked #5 and knock off #3 you will move up.
Then beat #2, aka(big12champ) you will be in final pairing.
Side note, when kU looses they drop like a stone in the poles.

Tits McGee
11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
And what makes anyone think that Mizzou with one loss is going to be seen as superior to all the other teams likely to have one loss?

Bob Dole isn't holding his breath.

A loss in Norman isn't end of the world.
Anyone paying attention in class would know that.

ArrowheadHawk
11-16-2007, 05:42 PM
this will all be settled in the next few weeks no need to hash it out now but I think MU is going to lose either to KU or OU so it doesn't really matter

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Side note, when kU looses they drop like a stone in the poles.

WTF do the Polish have to do with the BCS?

Skip Towne
11-16-2007, 05:47 PM
WTF do the Polish have to do with the BCS?
I think he means KU will drop in the telephone poles.

HemiEd
11-16-2007, 05:59 PM
KU had no chance to beat KSU, no chance to beat CU, no chance to beat A&M, cetainly no chance to beat OSU.

Find some new schtick.

You are dense.

kcchiefsus
11-16-2007, 06:09 PM

Find some new schtick.

Your right. KU is better than us MU fans have given them credit for. But that's where we draw the line. They are a good team, but simply not as good as Missouri (or Oklahoma). They are not this fraud that we believed them to be, but they are also not the powerhouse KU fans think they are.

KChiefs1
11-16-2007, 06:42 PM
LSU is in right now & the Big 12 big 3 are going to have a playoff to determine which one qualifies for New Orleans.

11-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Beat undefeated #3 KU at Arrowhead, beat #4 OU in the Big 12 championship game, and they will be in the NC game.
I just had to trumpthe KU thread. You know rivalry and all. :ROFL:

Last I checked, all three teams are in the drivers seat. Best driver goes to the 'ship.

Skip Towne
11-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Tulsa's Channel 6 sports guy said the only thing standing between OU and the NC game is Texas Tech and Kansas. No mention of Missouri, har har.

Frazod
11-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Tulsa's Channel 6 sports guy said the only thing standing between OU and the NC game is Texas Tech and Kansas. No mention of Missouri, har har.

Might as well forfeit - Skip and the Tulsa sports guy have forecasted our doom. ROFL

ArrowheadHawk
11-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Might as well forfeit - Skip and the Tulsa sports guy have forecasted our doom. ROFL
man i wish it was 7:30 next week

Frazod
11-16-2007, 07:29 PM
man i wish it was 7:30 next week

You and me both, dude. Eight days and counting.

teedubya
11-16-2007, 08:59 PM
MU is one of the best ONE LOSS teams that I have ever seen grace a football field. I'm scared to think what they might do to our F##KING 10-0 JOKE

KChiefs1
11-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I think it's hilarious when people start comparing one loss teams....

MU has only lost to OU in NORMAN OKLAHOMA...there is no better loss than that out there.

|Zach|
11-16-2007, 09:50 PM
I think it's hilarious when people start comparing one loss teams....

MU has only lost to OU in NORMAN OKLAHMOMA...there is no better loss than that out there.
Actually LSU lost to the '85 Bears in Chicago.

In your face man.