PDA

View Full Version : Why are MU fans so obessed with KU?

KC Jones
11-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Threads about Mangino, threads about KUs schedule, starting the KU game threads, etc. I've never seen so many threads about my alma mater until recently - and they're almost all started by MU fans. So I'm just wondering why that is exactly...

Silock
11-10-2007, 09:31 PM
It's because we dominate them in basketball, and now their football team is better than ours, but we're still ranked ahead of them.

Frankly, I'd be a little pissed if I were in their position, too.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
It's because we dominate them in basketball, and now their football team is better than ours, but we're still ranked ahead of them.

Frankly, I'd be a little pissed if I were in their position, too.Thanks, man.

cdcox
11-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Why are KU fans so obsessed with MU fans?

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Silock just kinda summed it all up.

Bob Dole
11-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Do you find it odd when people start threads about AFC West rivals, too?

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Why are KU fans so obsessed with MU fans?In all honesty, it goes both ways.

The Beakers are just cocky enough to think it doesn't.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
This smacks of a Bronco fan asking "why are Chiefs fans so obsessed with Denver?"

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
This smacks of a Bronco fan asking "why are Chiefs fans so obsessed with Denver?"Exactly!!!

Frazod
11-10-2007, 09:40 PM
You missed an option:

Because their fans are the most obnoxious pricks on earth.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 09:41 PM
This smacks of a Bronco fan asking "why are Chiefs fans so obsessed with Denver?"
Or a virgin asking why HuTard's asshole isn't as tight as a woman's pussy?

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 09:41 PM
You missed an option:

Because their fans are the most obnoxious pricks on earth.I'd vote for that.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Or a virgin asking why HuTard's asshole isn't as tight as a woman's pussy?

I don't see the connection.

unlurking
You missed an option:

Wow, beating out Raider fans?

Silock
You missed an option:

http://ganjataz.com/general-bollocks/images/by-GT/forum-shitz/pot-kettle-black.jpg

beer bacon

KU fans are the Bronco fans of the Big 12. It is weird considering many of them are also Chiefs fans.

KC Jones
11-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Silock just kinda summed it all up.

I know... and I agree you've got the better team. However, with all the fires raging I just couldn't stop from pouring some gas on it. If by some bizarre twist of fate you guys were to lose at Arrowhead... oh man the meltdown that would happen.

Frazod
11-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I'd vote for that.

So would pretty much everybody else. Some of these idiots are unbelievable.

KC Jones
11-10-2007, 09:45 PM
KU fans are the Bronco fans of the Big 12. It is weird considering many of them are also Chiefs fans.

:shrug:

MU fans are the Raider fans of the big twelve.

unlurking
I don't see the connection.
Oh, I'm sorry. When you get the chance to **** a woman, then maybe you'll have something to compare HuTard's ass too.

kcfanXIII
because both teams are the best they've been in years, and they stand in each others way of a national title.

and the obnoxious prick thing too..

beer bacon
11-10-2007, 09:46 PM
KU fans are so not obsessed with MU fans that they start threads about MU fans while their team is playing a prime time game on national TV.

Frazod
http://ganjataz.com/general-bollocks/images/by-GT/forum-shitz/pot-kettle-black.jpg

Whatever. I learned to hate Kansas because of the dicks on this BB. Before I came here, Kansas was just a shitty drive.

Hammock Parties
Oh, I'm sorry. When you get the chance to **** a woman, then maybe you'll have something to compare HuTard's ass too.

Sir I have never met Damon Huard.

beer bacon
11-10-2007, 09:47 PM
:shrug:

MU fans are the Raider fans of the big twelve.

Incorrect.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 09:47 PM
KU fans are the Bronco fans of the Big 12. It is weird considering many of them are also Chiefs fans.It messes with your head a bit.

I like these guys... and next thing you know, it's all out war.

In the end though... Mizzou will put them down.

Like an old dog that's blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other.

We'll end all those silly dreams.

And by God, we'll enjoy it.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Sir I have never met Damon Huard.
hahaha

Then stop talking about him like a normal teenager talks about going for a piece of ass on a Friday night!

:D

Silock
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Whatever. I learned to hate Kansas because of the dicks on this BB. Before I came here, Kansas was just a shitty drive.

Apparently, you also figured out how to be a total dick, because you've been nothing less than that for the past 6 weeks. Even when people are trying to be civil with you, you can't do it.

beer bacon
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Apparently, you also figured out how to be a total dick, because you've been nothing less than that for the past 6 weeks. Even when people are trying to be civil with you, you can't do it.

MU fans are dicks, and KU fans are assholes. Bugeaters are just a bunch of pussies.

kstater
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
KU fans are so not obsessed with MU fans that they start threads about MU fans while their team is playing a prime time game on national TV.

QFT

Frazod
11-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I think Kansans in general have a vast inferiority complex, and it causes them to latch onto anything that they perceive gives them any advantage in anything. Shitty, flat, empty state, no major cities, no major sports teams, nothing to do, nothing to see, just.... God, I don't blame them for being assholes. I just get tired of dealing with it.

Silock
11-10-2007, 09:54 PM

Meh, I wasn't aware that the ability to multi-task was a negative thing.

Guess you learn something every day.

Eleazar
:D

Bob Dole
I think Kansans in general have a vast inferiority complex, and it causes them to latch onto anything that they perceive gives them any advantage in anything. Shitty, flat, empty state, no major cities, no major sports teams, nothing to do, nothing to see, just.... God, I don't blame them for being assholes. I just get tired of dealing with it.

You have to admit, though, that it's kind of cool that people in Ft. Scott can stand on their porch and wave at people in Wichita.

Silock
God, I don't blame them for being assholes.

So . . . what's your excuse?

Bugeater
11-10-2007, 09:55 PM
MU fans are dicks, and KU fans are assholes. Bugeaters are just a bunch of pussies.
Hey now, don't be dragging us into this. :shake:

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I think (some) KU fans THINK the rest of the world is obsessed with them, because of general egoism. But really, we just want to see the high and mighty get humbled. Everyone loves that.

kstater
11-10-2007, 09:56 PM
You have to admit, though, that it's kind of cool that people in Ft. Scott can stand on their porch and wave at people in Wichita.

ROFL

Frazod
11-10-2007, 09:57 PM
So . . . what's your excuse?

I embrace it and raise it to an art form. Any questions?

unlurking
11-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I think (some) KU fans THINK the rest of the world is obsessed with them, because of general egoism. But really, we just want to see the high and mighty get humbled. Everyone loves that.
High and mighty?!

You act like KU has been a football powerhouse for years?!

Silock
11-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I embrace it and raise it to an art form. Any questions?

Must be one of those crazy impressionistic art forms.

Frazod
11-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Must be one of those crazy impressionistic art forms.

It is.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:00 PM
KU can have basketball...

This is OUR GAME.

The only game that matters.

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
High and mighty?!

You act like KU has been a football powerhouse for years?!

Sorry, you're right. KU fans are so humble.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Frazod should be given an award or something.

Silock
11-10-2007, 10:02 PM

I've seen little in the way of humility from MU fans. I have seen quite a few KU fans say that MU has a good chance of winning the head-to-head matchup.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Frazod should be given an award or something.He does lead the Mizzou charge on this board.

Silock
11-10-2007, 10:04 PM
He does lead the Mizzou charge on this board.

If I were you, I'd lead a coup d'etat and overthrow the regime.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:06 PM
If I were you, I'd lead a coup d'etat and overthrow the regime.I'm alright with Fraz...

I respect the hell out of KU. They're an amazing story.

But seriously... you have some dickhead fans.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Those pricks deserve the pain of an epic loss.

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 10:08 PM
He does lead the Mizzou charge on this board.

Maybe picturing him as the front of the wedge would be more accurate LMAO

Silock
I'm alright with Fraz...

I respect the hell out of KU. They're an amazing story.

But seriously... you have some dickhead fans.

I fully agree that we have some dickhead fans and, unfortunately, a large percentage seem to post here and that outweighs the level-headed fans.

unlurking
To be honest, I'm a "fair weather fan" when it comes to KU football. In fact, I don't remember ever watching more than one game a season. Always been a Jayhawks BB fan, but never really rooted for any college football teams. I'm just surprised at the antagonism between KU and MU fans.

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm just surprised at the antagonism between KU and MU fans.

To be honest, I'm a "fair weather fan" when it comes to KU football.

Exhibit A

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I fully agree that we have some dickhead fans and, unfortunately, a large percentage seem to post here and that outweighs the level-headed fans.See, you're alright... Tacktical Funky is too...

(I butchered the spelling there)

We're in for some good times... an epic game, really.

It's gonna get dirty..

May the best team win.

Frazod
11-10-2007, 10:14 PM
If I were you, I'd lead a coup d'etat and overthrow the regime.

I don't really think I lead the charge. What I do is not take the high road. If some prick beaker starts talking nasty trash, I'll respond shot for shot.

You can't fight rats unless you get down in the sewer.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Maybe picturing him as the front of the wedge would be more accurate LMAOPerfect.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Exhibit A
Correct, exhibit A.

A new fan comes into a thread to root for a PLAYING team. Next we have a bunch of pansies coming in to talk shit about a team they are not even playing. Doesn't sound like MU fans are being trolls at all does it?

EDIT:
"Fair weather" fan also describes my rooting for college football period. I have never really rooted for anyone, just watched games at the end of the season to see how ranked prospects look.

Lzen
11-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I've seen little in the way of humility from MU fans. I have seen quite a few KU fans say that MU has a good chance of winning the head-to-head matchup.

The mirror is a hard reality to some fans.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Correct, exhibit A.

A new fan comes into a thread to root for a PLAYING team. Next we have a bunch of pansies coming in to talk shit about a team they are not even playing. Doesn't sound like MU fans are being trolls at all does it?Go back to "Lurking".

Bob Dole
11-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Correct, exhibit A.

A new fan comes into a thread to root for a PLAYING team. Next we have a bunch of pansies coming in to talk shit about a team they are not even playing. Doesn't sound like MU fans are being trolls at all does it?

You must have missed the Mizzou game thread earlier today.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:18 PM
The mirror is a hard reality to some fans.Lzen, c'mon now...

You know I've given KU every ounce of respect they deserve.

That doesn't mean I don't think my team will win.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Go back to "Lurking".
Why?

Getting upset acting like a troll when your rival is winning? Why don't you go post on an MU board during the KU games? I take it you wouldn't mind if I came into a MU game thread talking shit?

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:21 PM
You must have missed the Mizzou game thread earlier today.
Why yes, yes I did. Why would I go talking shit in a MU thread? That's like going to the Mange to talk shit.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Why?

Getting upset acting like a troll when your rival is winning? Why don't you go post on an MU board during the KU games? I take it you wouldn't mind if I came into a MU game thread talking shit?I wouldn't mind a bit.

Mizzou will have their shot to finish you, and I'm confident they will.

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Why?

Getting upset acting like a troll when your rival is winning? Why don't you go post on an MU board during the KU games? I take it you wouldn't mind if I came into a MU game thread talking shit?

Lighten up, Francis.

Frazod
11-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Why?

Who's upset? Did I hope the Gayhawks would lose? Of course. Did I think they would lose? No. This isn't a big deal. These idiots you're beating up on aren't even close to being our equals on offense or defense.

It's just the end of another day closer to settling this shit at Arrowhead.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:27 PM
hahaha

OK, to all the MU fans:

I have nothing against your team. I am just shocked at the animosity displayed against a team that is normally the red-headed step child. Being this pissy against the Jayhawks is like working the register at Taco Bell and talking shit to the retarded kid hired to clean the dining room. WTF?!

I am looking forward to the KU-MU game, just because I want to see a good game, and I don't see a better team on the schedule. Maybe I just haven't been a college football fan long enough to understand the hatred, but I do know if you have this much of a problem with KU, your team must have been just as shitty the last several decades.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:30 PM
hahaha

OK, to all the MU fans:

I have nothing against your team. I am just shocked at the animosity displayed against a team that is normally the red-headed step child. Being this pissy against the Jayhawks is like working the register at Taco Bell and talking shit to the retarded kid hired to clean the dining room. WTF?!

I am looking forward to the KU-MU game, just because I want to see a good game, and I don't see a better team on the schedule. Maybe I just haven't been a college football fan long enough to understand the hatred, but I do know if you have this much of a problem with KU, your team must have been just as shitty the last several decades.
Much love...

See ya in KC. Nov 24th.

Bob Dole
11-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Why yes, yes I did. Why would I go talking shit in a MU thread? That's like going to the Mange to talk shit.

MAny of your KU brethren made numerous appearances whenever things were close, and oddly enough, took naps and did chores when it wasn't.

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 10:33 PM
MAny of your KU brethren made numerous appearances whenever things were close, and oddly enough, took naps and did chores when it wasn't.

Well, those bulls won't milk themselves.

irishjayhawk
I think pot-kettle sums up everyone in the thread.

unlurking
Much love...

See ya in KC. Nov 24th.
Wish I could be there, if only for the fact that it will probably be better than any Chiefs game this season.

:(

Frazod
11-10-2007, 10:34 PM

The Chiefs are a Missouri team.

That kind of makes this a Missouri BB.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, that's kind of retarded. I was completing my statistics final, and was definitely not part of it. I guess class can be lacking for all fans.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I think pot-kettle sums up everyone in the thread.I try not to be "that guy"...

Sometimes I can't help it. :)

Mosbonian
11-10-2007, 10:38 PM

You've evidently not been around much during BB season...

mmaddog

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:40 PM
The Chiefs are a Missouri team.

That kind of makes this a Missouri BB.
Funny, I thought that made it a Chiefs BB?

Either way, just because someone else pissed in your game thread, I didn't. Hell, I stayed in a SEPARATE game thread to avoid the MU trash talk.

True, I probably should have stayed out of this thread as well, but I've been drinking tonight, so what the hell.

kstater
11-10-2007, 10:41 PM
hahaha

OK, to all the MU fans:

You obviously don't completely understand the rivalry between the two schools. KU hates MU, MU hates KU. All the while KSU stands back saying pick me pick me.

Bob Dole
11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, that's kind of retarded. I was completing my statistics final, and was definitely not part of it. I guess class can be lacking for all fans.

Just pointing out that almost all of the Mizzou fans posting this evening were subjected to some colorful commentary in their game thread earlier today.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Funny, I thought that made it a Chiefs BB?

Either way, just because someone else pissed in your game thread, I didn't. Hell, I stayed in a SEPARATE game thread to avoid the MU trash talk.

True, I probably should have stayed out of this thread as well, but I've been drinking tonight, so what the hell.That's why you ended up here.

The trash talk is fun.

Rivalries are fun.

We live for season like this. You'd better just admit it and enjoy it.

Mosbonian
11-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Being this pissy against the Jayhawks is like working the register at Taco Bell and talking shit to the retarded kid hired to clean the dining room. WTF?!

With 5k posts I am sure you have been around here long enough to know how atrocious I think it is to use the word retarded and make fun of persons with disabilities...

:banghead: :shake: :mad:

mmaddog
wondering when this board will learn

Sure-Oz
11-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Kirk Herbstreet is impressed cause they just beat a 5-4, now 5-5 team. If OSU had a shred of a defense this game may be tied or even closer than it was 10 min ago.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Just pointing out that almost all of the Mizzou fans posting this evening were subjected to some colorful commentary in their game thread earlier today.
Lemme guess, the skipster was doing his SNL, Chris Farley living in a van by the river impersonation? OK, things are starting to make sense now.

Mosbonian
11-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, that's kind of retarded..

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mmaddog

Frazod
11-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Kirk Herbstreet is impressed cause they just beat a 5-4, now 5-5 team. If OSU had a shred of a defense this game may be tied or even closer than it was 10 min ago.

Shh... don't confuse them.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:48 PM
That's why you ended up here.

The trash talk is fun.

Rivalries are fun.

We live for season like this. You'd better just admit it and enjoy it.

ROFL

Actually, that is pretty true.

I finished my exam at 6:20 PM and turned on the tube not even realizing the game had already started. As far as I'm concerned, KU could lose every game from here on out and it would still be the most successful season in memory!

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Lemme guess, the skipster was doing his SNL, Chris Farley living in a van by the river impersonation? OK, things are starting to make sense now.

I think it was mostly Ari doing his squawk-by when things were close.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:51 PM
I think it was mostly Ari doing his squawk-by when things were close.Little blue wings flapping, it was traumatic.

11-10-2007, 10:51 PM
It is fans like you that make me want to NOT be a respectful fan. I am glad I am strong enough to overcome it.

Eleazar
11-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Haha. Some KU fan on Channel 9 just now predicting KU over MU 42-3.

No word on if Ditka suits up for Kansas.

irishjayhawk
11-10-2007, 10:53 PM

I was laughing too. They didn't interview anyone with a lick of knowledge.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 10:54 PM

No word on if Ditka suits up for Kansas.If so... I hope it's Mini-Ditka.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 10:56 PM

Anyways... nobody knows who is going to win between us, so there is no point in saying who you "know" will win. I like ya fraz, don't stoop down to some peoples level, or you become just as they are. You're sitting here making fun of KU, yet, i don't get pissed off because im better than that.

KCinNY
11-10-2007, 10:56 PM

Hell, I doubt KU will allow Mizzou any points at all. KU's defense makes the '85 Bears look like a Greg Robinson coached unit. Mizzou will be lucky to get 3 first downs.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
With 5k posts I am sure you have been around here long enough to know how atrocious I think it is to use the word retarded and make fun of persons with disabilities...

:banghead: :shake: :mad:

mmaddog
wondering when this board will learn

Yes, I do (although I don't think of you every time I post). I apologize for offending you as I did not mean to.

I have deleted so many versions of "f*ck" PC language, but I actually respect your posts so will just say "I'm sorry".

(At the same time, since I got fired from a BK shift manager position in high school for throwing a kid over the counter who was picking on the mentally challenged gentleman we had working there, f*ck you.)

OK, maybe I can't stay away from hating PC language.

Lzen
11-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Lzen, c'mon now...

You know I've given KU every ounce of respect they deserve.

That doesn't mean I don't think my team will win.

I know that. You are one of the few, though. Hey, I think you and I are some of the few realists. We both know that the other team is really good this year. We both feel that our team should win. But we both know that it is entirely possible that the other team wins. I absolutely love this season. As a long time Jayhawk football fan, this season is a dream come true.

ROYC75
11-10-2007, 11:02 PM

Some young kid that is all caught up with the excitement that he forgot to engauge his brain before speaking.

Reerun_KC
WOW what a game.. 10-0, not in my wildest dreams I thought KU would ever go 10-0....

Cant wait for the MU game... They have such a solid team, talk about two teams that are mirror images of each other...

Should be a classic game...

Good luck to both!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU!

Eleazar
If so... I hope it's Mini-Ditka.

KU 77
Hurricane Ditka 4

Reerun_KC
11-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Some young kid that is all caught up with the excitement that he forgot to engauge his brain before speaking.

Perfect example of foot in mouth disease...

Mosbonian
11-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Yes, I do (although I don't think of you every time I post). I apologize for offending you as I did not mean to.

I have deleted so many versions of "f*ck" PC language, but I actually respect your posts so will just say "I'm sorry".

(At the same time, since I got fired from a BK shift manager position in high school for throwing a kid over the counter who was picking on the mentally challenged gentleman we had working there, f*ck you.)

OK, maybe I can't stay away from hating PC language.

unlurking:

I know (and have been told many times by friends here on the board) that I will never be able to change peoples habits. I am OK with the thought of that as long as people understand that I will always remind you that I find it distasteful to see or hear the word.

mmaddog

beer bacon
WOW what a game.. 10-0, not in my wildest dreams I thought KU would ever go 10-0....

Cant wait for the MU game... They have such a solid team, talk about two teams that are mirror images of each other...

Should be a classic game...

Good luck to both!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU!

The only major differences I have noticed between KU and MU lately is that MU seems to have more play-makers, but KU seems less mistake prone. MU is tied with KU for #1 in the NCAA in least penalty yardage per game, but MU has been having problems on special teams.

KCinNY
It really is amazing. Bitter archrivals who traditionally suck ass at football have historically great seasons THE SAME YEAR. And not only that, they play each other in the season's final game in Arrowhead-with the winner having a legit national title shot.

Honestly, what were the odds of all of this? Million to one?

Hammock Parties
11-10-2007, 11:05 PM
it is so funny, cause all of us KU fans seem levelheaded about this season, knowing that we could very well lose to MU in the last game of the season. What's really funny though, is how a lot of the MU fans(frazod) have to justify themselves saying that they're going to whoop all over us. Id definitely say its fear. cause they know, just like we do, that anybody can win that game, but they don't want to admit it.

Lzen
11-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, those bulls won't milk themselves.

ROFL now that was funny.

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
It really is amazing. Bitter archrivals who traditionally suck ass at football have historically great seasons THE SAME YEAR. And not only that, they play each other in the season's final game in Arrowhead-with the winner having a legit national title shot.

Honestly, what were the odds of all of this? Million to one?At least.

Rivalry aside, I hope we all enjoy it. This is once in a life-time thing.

beer bacon
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
it is so funny, cause all of us KU fans seem levelheaded about this season, knowing that we could very well lose to MU in the last game of the season. What's really funny though, is how a lot of the MU fans(frazod) have to justify themselves saying that they're going to whoop all over us. Id definitely say its fear. cause they know, just like we do, that anybody can win that game, but they don't want to admit it.

What is funny is that this is not true, and KU fans just say it because they think it subtly allows them to trash talk while still acting like they are above it all. Just like KC Jones starting this thread.

Mosbonian
11-10-2007, 11:11 PM
I know that. You are one of the few, though. Hey, I think you and I are some of the few realists. We both know that the other team is really good this year. We both feel that our team should win. But we both know that it is entirely possible that the other team wins. I absolutely love this season. As a long time Jayhawk football fan, this season is a dream come true.

Nothing would thrill me more than to see KU-MU go into the game at Arrowhead 11-0 and 10-1 respectively. It will be great to have the game mean something other than bragging rights.

It's going to be a great game....too bad someone will have to lose and get a lesser bowl game. There will be 2 Big 12 teams in BCS prime bowls something no one expected at the beginning of the season.

mmaddog

Lzen
11-10-2007, 11:11 PM

As a KU fan, I wish they hadn't done that. You guys are having a great season and should be able to enjoy it. At the same time, it goes both ways. MU fans do the same shit.

unlurking
11-10-2007, 11:12 PM
unlurking:

I know (and have been told many times by friends here on the board) that I will never be able to change peoples habits. I am OK with the thought of that as long as people understand that I will always remind you that I find it distasteful to see or hear the word.

mmaddog
Works for me. Call me out on it and I will try and be appreciative (the word sensitive may work better but it's just to damned metro) of your opinions. I'll refrain from using that word for the rest of the night in deference to you, but I can't promise anything about tomorrow. Just remember, if you have to call me out weekly, it is not because I am intentionally trying to offend you or your family. I just have a high level of hating PC terms and try to avoid using them.

11-10-2007, 11:13 PM
As a KU fan, I wish they hadn't done that. You guys are having a great season and should be able to enjoy it. At the same time, it goes both ways. MU fans do the same shit.
I want to beat teams at their best. I would be dissappointed if MU managed to lose before our game. Same if we lost against ISU.

I want that game to be for all the marbles as it should be.

Mosbonian
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM

Both sides do it way too much....

All I know is that for 4 seasons I lived in Columbia and they constantly broke my heart. I move out of town, out of the county, out of the state, and look what happens?

Geez...if I would have known this would happen I would have moved sooner.

mmaddog

Frazod
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM

Whatever. I just react to what the asshole beaker fans say. And YOU are one of the worst offenders, so don't try to act like you're above the fray, because nobody's buying into that bullshit.

ClevelandBronco
11-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Maybe it's just because they plan to kick your ass.

Mosbonian
11-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Works for me. Call me out on it and I will try and be appreciative (the word sensitive may work better but it's just to damned metro) of your opinions. I'll refrain from using that word for the rest of the night in deference to you, but I can't promise anything about tomorrow. Just remember, if you have to call me out weekly, it is not because I am intentionally trying to offend you or your family. I just have a high level of hating PC terms and try to avoid using them.

unlurking:

I appreciate the consideration.

The last thing I want people to have to do all the time is type with a notion that they have to be PC. If you happen to type this again tomorrow, I'll just politely remind you.

If someone types it in anger, or just to get a rise out of me, I hit the iggy button. A couple of people here have managed to do that, but it was an extreme case of 'let me try to piss you off" -itis that got them there.

mmaddog

KC Jones
11-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Just like KC Jones starting this thread.

Do you know why I started this thread?

Because I knew it would send a few MU fans into a tizzy and be worth at least 100 posts. Mission accomplished.

:evil:

KC Jones
11-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Nothing would thrill me more than to see KU-MU go into the game at Arrowhead 11-0 and 10-1 respectively. It will be great to have the game mean something other than bragging rights.

It's going to be a great game....too bad someone will have to lose and get a lesser bowl game. There will be 2 Big 12 teams in BCS prime bowls something no one expected at the beginning of the season.

mmaddog

I agree, and no matter who wins I will root for them to beat OU. This has been a dream season, and couldn't in my wildest dreams imagined our team would play this well this year.

Lzen
11-10-2007, 11:28 PM
What is funny is that this is not true, and KU fans just say it because they think it subtly allows them to trash talk while still acting like they are above it all. Just like KC Jones starting this thread.

Dude, give me a break. That is BS.

Lzen
11-10-2007, 11:29 PM

mmaddog

I hope you're right. Would that be incredible or what? 2 Big 12 North teams of all things. :D

beer bacon
11-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Do you know why I started this thread?

Because I knew it would send a few MU fans into a tizzy and be worth at least 100 posts. Mission accomplished.

:evil:

That is cool. It is much better just to admit you are talking trash. Nothing wrong with talking trash to your rivals.

11-10-2007, 11:31 PM
That is cool. It is much better just to admit you are talking trash. Nothing wrong with talking trash to your rivals.

Trash talking is fine. Quite a few of these people are making things personal here though. And that is just plain SAD!
:shake:

Pablo
11-10-2007, 11:34 PM
They are obsessed because the schools are about 3 1/2 hours apart, in seperate states that have hated each other since the Civil War. The same way KU fans are obsessed with MU.

Hate is easy.. respect is not.

Both teams are having phenomenal seasons, and our beloved stadium plays host to the most intense Big 12 match-up in recent memory. Rock Chalk, but don't count MU out. They're a good team, and it'll be a damn entertaining game.

KC Jones
11-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Trash talking is fine. Quite a few of these people are making things personal here though. And that is just plain SAD!
:shake:

Unless you laugh at them, and then it's funny. Funny in a sick and twisted kind of way, but still funny.

Al Bundy
11-10-2007, 11:43 PM
You missed an option:

Best thing about that is, you get alot of KU "fans" who only root for them because of the basketball team and who no nothing about football trying to act like they know diddly about football.

ArrowheadHawk
11-10-2007, 11:45 PM
keep hating

11-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Best thing about that is, you get alot of KU "fans" who only root for them because of the basketball team and who no nothing about football trying to act like they know diddly about football.
Yeah, I am sure that none of fans on this board know JACK about football.

Al Bundy
11-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I am sure that none of fans on this board know JACK about football.
I didn't mention anyone on here but I work with about 15 "KU fans" and they know nothing about football only basketball. It is what it is, KU basketball has several thousand fans and the basketball team.. well it had about 2000 fans until this season. I have no dog in the fight, so it doesn't matter to me and I actually like seeing Jake Sharp run the ball. But the fans.. well they are like Cowboy fans.. they ruin it.

ClevelandBronco
11-10-2007, 11:52 PM
I didn't mention anyone on here but I work with about 15 "KU fans" and they know nothing about football only basketball. It is what it is, KU basketball has several thousand fans and the basketball team.. well it had about 2000 fans until this season. I have no dog in the fight, so it doesn't matter to me and I actually like seeing Jake Sharp run the ball. But the fans.. well they are like Cowboy fans.. they ruin it.

Edit it.

11-10-2007, 11:53 PM

Thats cool. Just making sure the football posters on the board aren't being disrespected. I just get tired of all the "all KU fans" comment and the "all MU fans" one too.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Mizzou fans are also pissed because both football programs have been historically sorry and great under-achievers, granted KU has been worse at football.

All the while, KU has been a basketball powerhouse, so naturally KU fans will gravitate towards the more powerful, respectable facet of the sports program.

MU fans, haven't had a very powerful basketball program, so they've been stuck with rooting for mediocre teams regardless of the ball, which says a bit for their fanhood. And as Chiefs fans, we all know how hard rooting for mediocrity can be.

Therefore, KU has really sparked interest in football this season, which is great, and MU has elevated their already solid fanbase. Which I love on both levels. I wouldn't be upset if Mizzou got a good, competitive basketball program, then things would really get interesting.

I do believe KU fans are generally a bit more arrogant, but that's because of the 4 squads MU and KU put out their each year for as long as I could remember, you could only count on KU Basketball being good, and you hoped for the best with the rest.

If KU can revitalize their football program, and become a long-term respectable program at the same time as MU that's awesome. Maybe the Big 12 will finally get some looks and we'll have a more respectable rivalry in football.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Mizzou fans are also pissed because both football programs have been historically sorry and great under-achievers, granted KU has been worse at football.

All the while, KU has been a basketball powerhouse, so naturally KU fans will gravitate towards the more powerful, respectable facet of the sports program.

MU fans, haven't had a very powerful basketball program, so they've been stuck with rooting for mediocre teams regardless of the ball, which says a bit for their fanhood. And as Chiefs fans, we all know how hard rooting for mediocrity can be.

Therefore, KU has really sparked interest in football this season, which is great, and MU has elevated their already solid fanbase. Which I love on both levels. I wouldn't be upset if Mizzou got a good, competitive basketball program, then things would really get interesting.

I do believe KU fans are generally a bit more arrogant, but that's because of the 4 squads MU and KU put out their each year for as long as I could remember, you could only count on KU Basketball being good, and you hoped for the best with the rest.

If KU can revitalize their football program, and become a long-term respectable program at the same time as MU that's awesome. Maybe the Big 12 will finally get some looks and we'll have a more respectable rivalry in football.Oh shut up.

Beakers suck!!!

:mizzou:nlm:mizzou:

Bob Dole
11-11-2007, 12:03 AM

They do indeed. And Bob Dole tries to maintain a little bit of decency (and sometimes fails) and cringes every time some moron starts babbling. Good natured smack is entertaining, but there has been a lot of stuff that's pretty close to unsportsmanlike conduct.

No matter the eventual outcome, this has been a landmark year for both programs. We should all do the best job we can to enjoy it, because as fellow Chiefs fans, deep down we know damned good and well it may be awhile before we get to experience anything like this again.

11-11-2007, 12:03 AM

If KU can revitalize their football program, and become a long-term respectable program at the same time as MU that's awesome. Maybe the Big 12 will finally get some looks and we'll have a more respectable rivalry in football.

I miss the old MU-KU games involving Norm. He was a bitter old ass that you had to respect. You hated him and loved it. He made that basketball rivalry what it was.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Oh shut up.

Beakers suck!!!

:mizzou:nlm:mizzou:Sure, and the Tiggers swallow.

ROYC75
11-11-2007, 12:06 AM
LOL, Damn, ya gotta love the Border War ! :D

11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Sure, and the Tiggers swallow.
Thanks for that damn visual. Bastage ROFL

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Whatever. I just react to what the asshole beaker fans say. And YOU are one of the worst offenders, so don't try to act like you're above the fray, because nobody's buying into that bullshit.

i love you too frazod. Don't take things too seriously, it causes way too many heart attacks.

Tits McGee
11-11-2007, 01:25 AM
i love you too frazod. Don't take things too seriously, it causes way too many heart attacks.

A Jayhawk fan from Columbia, what next?

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 01:28 AM
A Jayhawk fan from Columbia, what next?

hey now, the only reason im here is because my wife is attending grad school. we're moving back to kansas right when she is done and im going to continue school at KU. Believe me, it sucks balls being a Hawker here in the heart of the beast...

Tits McGee
11-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Don't stay too long. Plus, stay away from Shakespeare Pizza, we don't need any J-Hawk contamination.

Bump
11-11-2007, 01:36 AM
I've been to Columbia, MO for a KU vs MU basketball game. I think it was in 2000 or 01. I will never go back, I was actually frightened for my life there. Those MU fans were crazy, classless and down right mean! I'm not saying anything bad about the MU fans on this board, but that experience was awful! At least we won!

Tits McGee
11-11-2007, 01:39 AM
I've been to Columbia, MO for a KU vs MU basketball game. I think it was in 2000 or 01. I will never go back, I was actually frightened for my life there. Those MU fans were crazy, classless and down right mean! I'm not saying anything bad about the MU fans on this board, but that experience was awful! At least we won!

Consider yourself lucky...

Tits McGee
11-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Warm beer + The Tiger Inn = Punching a Jayhawk right in the mouth.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Don't stay too long. Plus, stay away from Shakespeare Pizza, we don't need any J-Hawk contamination.

afraid i'll give ya beakeritus?

Tits McGee
11-11-2007, 01:45 AM
afraid i'll give ya beakeritus?

Vaginosis...

Tits McGee
11-11-2007, 01:50 AM
The Hollywood writers might be on strike, but this is pure comedic gold...

CoMoChief
11-11-2007, 01:52 AM
It's because it's a rivalry, period.

Along with that KU happens to be one of the biggest powerhouses in the nation in one of the biggest sports in NCAA. MU has never really been a powerhouse in either Bball and FB, and now it really pisses MU fans off that KU now has a legit football team that is "capable" of winning the biggest game of the century for both teams in a couple weeks at Arrowhead.

I live and go to school in Columbia. My preception in everyone I talk to (Tiger fans) in bball season is that they could have the worst season possibleand be mathematically out by January, but as long as they beat KU (even if it's only once and at CoMo) their season is complete.......As bad and retarded as that sounds it's very so true. Now MU fans can't say "Let's play football" and see what happens because KU is ranked higher, so as of now MU doesn't have room to talk. It's a case of a giant inferiority complex that MU has against KU. Why do I say that?, it's because I hear MU diss KU day after day after day etc, and it just seems that they like to run their mouths and dog KU....A LOT more tha KU does to MU, and I know I live in MU grounds but this is also referring to people I talk to in KC.

Having said all of this I think MU will kick the shit out of KU at Arrowhead by 14 or more points.

Basketball is a different story. MU is gonna be VERY horrible this season and KU should win by at least 20 points. Anderson want's to play fast, which is the absolutely worst thing he could do against KU. Just imagine what Roy Williams would do to him?!!?

Tits McGee
11-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Let's agree to disagree. Your powerhouse theory is weak, how many b-ball champs. have you won in the last say, 20 years. As far as any other sport goes, i.e. bowling, basketball and badminton all are secondary.

Tits McGee
11-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Trust me, nobody in Columbia is jealous of Lawrence, regardless of race, creed, sex, or football BCS rank.

SPchief
11-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Beakers and Tiggers can argue all you want, but the game at Arrowhead will be decided by less than 7 points. Predicting a blowout from either team is ludicrouis.

luv
11-11-2007, 02:41 AM
I root for KU when they play, and I root for Mizzou when they play. I have no idea who I'm rooting for Thanksgiving weekend.

Reading this thread has been entertaining.

Bump
11-11-2007, 02:42 AM
I root for KU when they play, and I root for Mizzou when they play. I have no idea who I'm rooting for Thanksgiving weekend.

Reading this thread has been entertaining.

just go ahead and root for KU, you'll feel better that way after the game

luv
11-11-2007, 02:46 AM
just go ahead and root for KU, you'll feel better that way after the game
I tend to root for the underdog.

Bob Dole
11-11-2007, 02:59 AM

That's what Bump was recommending.

Bump
11-11-2007, 03:46 AM

nice! I kind of set myself up for that one

Pants
11-11-2007, 04:05 AM
KU can have basketball...

This is OUR GAME.

The only game that matters.

What the **** are you talking about? When was the last time Mizzou was ranked in the top 10? I wasn't aware you guys were a historic powerhouse.

And Frazod, you've been sounding like the biggest ****ing vagina for the last 4 weeks, take a chill pill. I'm scared shitless of Mizzou, but KU isn't exactly sucking either.

sedated
11-11-2007, 04:11 AM
the announcers referred to KU and MU as "basketball schools"

when did MU ever compare to KU at basketball (not counting MU fans' arrogant minds)

Spott
11-11-2007, 06:01 AM

when did MU ever compare to KU at basketball (not counting MU fans' arrogant minds)

Quite often during the Norm Stewart years. I know a lot of people on this board aren't old enough to remember the 80's and the early 90's, but Mizzou was frequently a top 10 team during that time. Norm had a lot of early exits in the NCAA tournament which overshadowed his regular season success.

KC Jones
11-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Quite often during the Norm Stewart years. I know a lot of people on this board aren't old enough to remember the 80's and the early 90's, but Mizzou was frequently a top 10 team during that time. Norm had a lot of early exits in the NCAA tournament which overshadowed his regular season success.

I remember those years... Derrick Chievous, Anthony Peeler, Bob Sundvold, etc.

As a matter of fact, I was something of an MU fan as a kid. I played little league with Peeler and Chris Heller, and Heller and I went to Norms basketball camp together one summer. Norm was a great coach and good man.

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 07:09 AM
And Frazod, you've been sounding like the biggest ****ing vagina for the last 4 weeks, take a chill pill. I'm scared shitless of Mizzou, but KU isn't exactly sucking either.

You can tell he's never been there before too, huh?

Mosbonian
11-11-2007, 11:33 AM
It's because it's a rivalry, period.

Along with that KU happens to be one of the biggest powerhouses in the nation in one of the biggest sports in NCAA. MU has never really been a powerhouse in either Bball and FB, and now it really pisses MU fans off that KU now has a legit football team that is "capable" of winning the biggest game of the century for both teams in a couple weeks at Arrowhead.

I live and go to school in Columbia. My preception in everyone I talk to (Tiger fans) in bball season is that they could have the worst season possibleand be mathematically out by January, but as long as they beat KU (even if it's only once and at CoMo) their season is complete.......As bad and retarded as that sounds it's very so true. Now MU fans can't say "Let's play football" and see what happens because KU is ranked higher, so as of now MU doesn't have room to talk. It's a case of a giant inferiority complex that MU has against KU. Why do I say that?, it's because I hear MU diss KU day after day after day etc, and it just seems that they like to run their mouths and dog KU....A LOT more tha KU does to MU, and I know I live in MU grounds but this is also referring to people I talk to in KC.

Having said all of this I think MU will kick the shit out of KU at Arrowhead by 14 or more points.

Basketball is a different story. MU is gonna be VERY horrible this season and KU should win by at least 20 points. Anderson want's to play fast, which is the absolutely worst thing he could do against KU. Just imagine what Roy Williams would do to him?!!?

This is what I would expect from a Hawk fan living in Columbia. Conversely, I would expect that a Tiger fan living in Lawrence would have the same kind of a point of view.

As for your prediction about the outcome of the game, I highly doubt anything more than a 1 TD separation between these 2 teams.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
11-11-2007, 11:35 AM

You need to put down that bottle of wine...I don't think even the most obnoxious MU fan thinks that our overall BB history is as good as KU's.

mmaddog

Frazod
11-11-2007, 11:38 AM
What the **** are you talking about? When was the last time Mizzou was ranked in the top 10? I wasn't aware you guys were a historic powerhouse.

Go f#ck yourself. Funny how I'm always the bad guy yet all of the total jerkoff beakers never get a mention. Nobody ever did anything to incite me or any other Tiger fan, did they?

Mosbonian
11-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I remember those years... Derrick Chievous, Anthony Peeler, Bob Sundvold, etc..

It was Jon Sunvold.....Bob was the assistant coach who was, at best an average athlete. Jon was a pure shooter that was born in the wrong era. had the 3 point shot been around when he played, he probably would still have the MU scoring record.

mmaddog

Eleazar
11-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Go f#ck yourself. Funny how I'm always the bad guy yet all of the total jerkoff beakers never get a mention. Nobody ever did anything to incite me or any other Tiger fan, did they?

LMAO

They display the most arrogance of any fan base, and yet try to portray the rival fans as arrogant.

Despite being media darlings, they always try to project themselves to the role of heroic underdog.

Despite being the talk of college football this year, cry about how the media gives them no respect.

Despite a schedule that most years would have them totally out of consideration for a national championship bid would claim if they were passed over that it was bias against a traditional non-football school. Aloha, Hawaii.

And my pesonal favorite, they stomp around here like a bunch of dickhead MU fans are causing all the trouble, when they squawk by our game threads and disappear when we go up, or it'll be MU fans talking in an innocuous way about Kansas but not crowning them, and they get in a tizzy like we took away their pacifier. They can't handle any discussion that anyone might have some doubt that they are as good as they think they are. Even if it's not direct at them, even if it's not mean spirited or anything. You aren't allowed to have any doubts that Kansas in any sport is the best team in all the land.

They don't really understand what a rivalry is. When their rival's fans say "We're going to beat you" or "You guys aren't that good" it offends their sense of justice, like it's some kind of war crime. It's the nature of rivalry. The greatest fan base in the world (just ask them) would know that, you'd think.

We only have to endure until the matchup at Arrowhead, or worst-case, Oklahoma. I doubt they can beat either team, both is a pipe dream.

I'm sure we'll hear the familiar refrain either way

Eleazar
11-11-2007, 11:54 AM
And as far as the schedule goes, why would you kid yourself? Why act like there is anyone on there? The best team on it is what, 5-4? At least be honest with yourself.

This is what Mangino wanted. He wanted to line up a bunch of weak opponents, let the team pile up some wins, build confidence, and then have one or two games at the end to try to prove it. They set it up this way, so how can you complain about it?

Frazod
11-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Careful Cochise, you don't want to confuse anybody with the truth. :D

Pants
11-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Media darlings? ROFFEL

KC Jones
11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
It was Jon Sunvold.....Bob was the assistant coach who was, at best an average athlete. Jon was a pure shooter that was born in the wrong era. had the 3 point shot been around when he played, he probably would still have the MU scoring record.

mmaddog

d'oh!

:homer:

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Metrolike's the worst kind of Beaker.

A young buck full of vemon and hate, about a rivalry he doesn't know the first thing about.

|Zach|
11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I think it was mostly Ari doing his squawk-by when things were close.
Ha.

Funny because it is true.

|Zach|
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2364/1972665776_3d2ac40b95.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2412/1971892603_cfb16a36bc.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2280/1971854353_b4bb729b90.jpg?v=0

Lzen
11-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Sure, Cochise, sure. MU fans do nothing. Just because a couple of KU fans jump into the MU thread you get your panties in a bunch. Sheesh, give it a rest already. And don't try and feed us the BS that the MU fans aren't doing anything. I have seen multiple MU fans admit that they are pissed because your team is having probably their greatest season ever and the Jayhawks are ranked higher because they, too are having their greatest season.

KCinNY
11-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Sure, Cochise, sure. MU fans do nothing. Just because a couple of KU fans jump into the MU thread you get your panties in a bunch. Sheesh, give it a rest already. And don't try and feed us the BS that the MU fans aren't doing anything. I have seen multiple MU fans admit that they are pissed because your team is having probably their greatest season ever and the Jayhawks are ranked higher because they, too are having their greatest season.

Works both ways dude. KU is having their greatest season ever and they should be commended for it. They deserve all of the national run they're getting. BUT, Jayhawk fans know that Mizzou, high-octane offense and all, is lurking on November 24th just waiting to wreck their archrival's greatest season ever. Smart KU fans are justifiably worried (as are smart MU fans).

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Works both ways dude. KU is having their greatest season ever and they should be commended for it. They deserve all of the national run they're getting. BUT, Jayhawk fans know that Mizzou, high-octane offense and all, is lurking on November 24th just waiting to wreck their archrival's greatest season ever. Smart KU fans are justifiably worried (as are smart MU fans).I'm trying to be sportsman-like, but at the same time, where's the fun in doing that all the time?

Surely my beaker buddies can handle the occasional jab.... hell, I'd wager that they expect it.

ROYC75
11-12-2007, 12:19 AM
And as far as the schedule goes, why would you kid yourself? Why act like there is anyone on there? The best team on it is what, 5-4? At least be honest with yourself.

This is what Mangino wanted. He wanted to line up a bunch of weak opponents, let the team pile up some wins, build confidence, and then have one or two games at the end to try to prove it. They set it up this way, so how can you complain about it?

I think you have pretty much covered most KU fans opinions about this years team. Of couurse we have a few young'ns that are ranting and sqauking about NC talk. That KU is a top 5 program..... Like I said, most of us do not feel this way.

Yes Mangino has taken the Bill Snyder approach to installing a winning belief into the kids, how far that will take them is left to be seen. But, nothing wrong in building a program this way, you do what you have to do. When you have been a perennial losing program , you take what you can get.

FTR, KU is taken it farther this year than most logical KU fans ever imagined. Many of us have been wondering when that L is going to come around.

As for myself, I have 2 bets on the KU - MU game, just for kicks. Would I bet money on this game ? No Way, not straight up. MU has alot of weapons on offense and it is going to be a track meet on 11/24.

I know it has been a magical ride with alot of attention. IMHO, If KU must lose, personally I can handle a lost to OU alot easier than to MU. Hearing all of the talk of MU ruining KU perfect season for weeks, months or years to come is alot worst than loss itself.It always makes it a bitter pillto swallow when it is your rival.

OTOH, If KU was to win, I'm quite sure their will be plenty of trash talk in the other direction as well.

Pants
11-12-2007, 01:28 AM
I think you have pretty much covered most KU fans opinions about this years team. Of couurse we have a few young'ns that are ranting and sqauking about NC talk. That KU is a top 5 program..... Like I said, most of us do not feel this way.

Yes Mangino has taken the Bill Snyder approach to installing a winning belief into the kids, how far that will take them is left to be seen. But, nothing wrong in building a program this way, you do what you have to do. When you have been a perennial losing program , you take what you can get.

FTR, KU is taken it farther this year than most logical KU fans ever imagined. Many of us have been wondering when that L is going to come around.

As for myself, I have 2 bets on the KU - MU game, just for kicks. Would I bet money on this game ? No Way, not straight up. MU has alot of weapons on offense and it is going to be a track meet on 11/24.

I know it has been a magical ride with alot of attention. IMHO, If KU must lose, personally I can handle a lost to OU alot easier than to MU. Hearing all of the talk of MU ruining KU perfect season for weeks, months or years to come is alot worst than loss itself.It always makes it a bitter pillto swallow when it is your rival.

OTOH, If KU was to win, I'm quite sure their will be plenty of trash talk in the other direction as well.

I don't care about the weak noncon schedule. I'm happy we're beating Big12 teams on the road...