PDA

View Full Version : 11/11 USA Today Poll KU #4, OU #3, MU #6 ***AP the SAME

mikeyis4dcats.
11-11-2007, 12:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Spott
11-11-2007, 01:30 PM
So all the big 12 teams moved up 1 spot?

doomy3
11-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Why would OU leapfrog KU this week and how does MU not move to 5 with their win? Weird.

kstater
11-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Why would OU leapfrog KU this week and how does MU not move to 5 with their win? Weird.

OU was ahead of KU last week in the polls

Archie F. Swin
11-11-2007, 01:32 PM
KU is gonna have to earn their respect...

should be KU#3...OU#4

Spott
11-11-2007, 01:35 PM

They closed the gap in the AP poll to 4 votes behind WVU. Mizzou will likely be #5 in the BCS and KU will probably be 1 ahead of OU.

Frazod

Because some inbred hillbilly gave West Virginia a first place vote. Sucks that Louisville didn't knock them off.

doomy3
OU was ahead of KU last week in the polls

I thought KU was 4 and OU was 5 last week :shrug:

kstater
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I thought KU was 4 and OU was 5 last week :shrug:
Sigh...In the BCS yes. In the polls it was OU then KU. BCS hasn't come out this week yet.

Reaper16
11-11-2007, 02:49 PM
WVU looks like shit against ****ing Louiville and moves up? Hopefully the computer, which can't be a dumbass by nature of it being a computer, will put MU at 5.

eazyb81
11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
WVU looks like shit against ****ing Louiville and moves up? Hopefully the computer, which can't be a dumbass by nature of it being a computer, will put MU at 5.

They will....the computers hate WVU and their crappy Big East schedule.

Spott
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
New BCS standings are out. KU is 3rd, OU is 4th and MU is 5th.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/bcs/

Extra Point
11-11-2007, 06:51 PM
This should be the "MO-HAWK Lounge!"

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
#1 LSU
#2 Oregon
#3 KANSAS
#4 Oklahoma
#5 some chump team east of Kansas. :p

Pablo
11-11-2007, 06:57 PM
The Big 12 effin dominated this year.

I'm sure all of the college experts might have had the Sooners in the top 10 at the end of the year.

But three teams in the Top 5 in BCS. Pretty nice.

11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
The Big 12 effin dominated this year.

I'm sure all of the college experts might have had the Sooners in the top 10 at the end of the year.

But three teams in the Top 5 in BCS. Pretty nice.

Sadly, two of those teams may not draw a BCS bid.

Lzen
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Cool.

11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Who cares about the AP. BCS is the only one that matters at this point.

BWillie
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Sadly, two of those teams may not draw a BCS bid.

Isn't there a max of how many teams can go to BCS bowls from each conference? It is possible that the Big 12 will have 4 of the top 10 teams in the BCS standings in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, and Texas.

BTW, do you have a link for the totals so I can see how close the margin is between each teams?

nychief
of course they are... they did beat school of crippled children.

DMAC
Is there any possible way...at all...that there could be a MU KU National Championship?

Spott
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Repost

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Is there any possible way...at all...that there could be a MU KU National Championship?Not really.. but ****ing hell, that'd be cool.

Phobia
11-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Is there any possible way...at all...that there could be a MU KU National Championship?

Only if their meeting in Arrowhead is canceled for some crazy reason. One of them has to lose and that loss will put them out of contention.

11-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Isn't there a max of how many teams can go to BCS bowls from each conference? It is possible that the Big 12 will have 4 of the top 10 teams in the BCS standings in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, and Texas.

BTW, do you have a link for the totals so I can see how close the margin is between each teams?
I beleive the most any one conference can get in to the BCS is 2 teams. This conference will eliminate two because all three teams have to go through each other.

Simplex3
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Considering they play eachother it's damned near impossible. Everyone else in the top 10 would probably have to lose out and MU would probably have to beat KU.

DMAC
What if LSU, OU and Oregon lose out?

Eleazar

Not to mention Northwest Central Blind Kids State

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM

Dude. It was OSU at Stillwater. Learn the history of the upsets at Stillwater...even the knowledgable MIZ ZERY fans I saw at the game today agreed it was one hell of a win on the road.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
nope ..... be really lucky for all 3 Big 12 teams to end up in the top 10.

KU plays MU ...... winner Plays OU

2 out of the 3 will have a big loss in the last 2 games of the season.

KU will drop like a freakin' rock with their first loss ..... we are talking #4 to #18.

MU will drop like a rock because it would be their 2nd lose.

OU would also get a 2nd loss ....... but they would hang better than either of the other two because of their name.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
The funny thing is that this is it for Kansas. They are still going to lose to Missouri this year but it's probably down hill after this year. They are going to lose some important seniors and after next season almost their entire offensive line will be gone. Kansas doesn't have the recruiting classes to continue on top while Missouri has the recruits to stay on top for a while.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
What if LSU, OU and Oregon lose out?
west virginia ... ohio state would still get the nod

nope ..... be really lucky for all 3 Big 12 teams to end up in the top 10.

KU plays MU ...... winner Plays OU

2 out of the 3 will have a big loss in the last 2 games of the season.

KU will drop like a freakin' rock with their first loss ..... we are talking #4 to #18.

MU will drop like a rock because it would be their 2nd lose.

OU would also get a 2nd loss ....... but they would hang better than either of the other two because of their name.
BS. If KU loses to MU they won't drop that far. If KU loses to OU, they will drop even less.

18? What are you smoking?

BigMeatballDave
If KU wins out, they deserve to be in the Nat. Champ. If not, the BCS will have proven itself to be a travesty.

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
The funny thing is that this is it for Kansas. They are still going to lose to Missouri this year but it's probably down hill after this year. They are going to lose some important seniors and after next season almost their entire offensive line will be gone. Kansas doesn't have the recruiting classes to continue on top while Missouri has the recruits to stay on top for a while.

Check Rivals...KU will be back.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
If KU wins out, they deserve to be in the Nat. Champ. If not, the BCS will have proven itself to be a travesty.If KU wins out.. and they don't go... I'll be squawking as loud as any Beaker.

That said, they're not beating Mizzou.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
you're full of shite

KU only has 3 senior starters

right tackle - Rodriguez
Tightend - Fine
Defensive tackle - McClinton

they also will probably lose CB Talib

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
you're full of shite

right tackle - Rodriguez
Tightend - Fine

Thanks Laz...ROFL ROFL

Rock Chalk Baby!

StcChief
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Enjoy for now KU... Missou at Arrowhead...

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
BS. If KU loses to MU they won't drop that far. If KU loses to OU, they will drop even less.

18? What are you smoking?
especially if they lose by double digits.

all the sudden it will be "they were never that good anyway"

just watch

DMAC
11-11-2007, 07:19 PM
especially if they lose by double digits.

all the sudden it will be "they were never that good anyway"

just watchThe computers will not drop them that low.

Valiant
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah that was a great win by Kansas on the road and who ever wins out between MU/KU/OU deserves the National Championship game..

kstater
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
you're full of shite

right tackle - Rodriguez
Tightend - Fine

While not losing many starters, the conference schedule gets much much tougher for them next year. This is the year to get it done.

88TG88
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
lol

Oregon will fustigate KU in the MNC.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Check Rivals...KU will be back.

Kansas has some 3-star recruits and that is about it.

Missouri has a 5-star QB, a 4-star TE, and more 3-star recruits than Kansas does. Missouri also has the possibility of adding some more 3-star and 4-star recruits who might follow Gabbert to Missouri:

http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/355996.html

This article says the following recruits could follow Gabbert to Mizzou:

LB Will Compton, 4-star
OL Bryce Givens, 4-star
DE Josh Williams, 3-star
WR Wes Kemp, 3-star

Kansas' recruiting class isn't exactly impressive.

DMAC
11-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I just love the fact they we are all having this MU KU conversation. As much as I hate KU, it makes it that much cooler having them there.

KCinNY
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
If KU wins out.. and they don't go... I'll be squawking as loud as any Beaker.

That said, they're not beating Mizzou.

Agree 100%.

IF they were to win out against OU and Mizzou -- 2 top 5 teams at neutral sites, they damn well better be in the BCS title game. Such a travesty (undefeated BCS school out in the cold with two 1 loss teams in) would probably make the whole lousy BCS system go away and institute some kind of playoff system.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
you're full of shite

right tackle - Rodriguez
Tightend - Fine

Marcus Henry is a senior.
Brandon McAnderson is a senior.

And Kansas has 12 starters, counting 4 of the starting OL and Aqib Talib, who are juniors. So this year and maybe next year is it for Kansas. Then you lose most of your team.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
While not losing many starters, the conference schedule gets much much tougher for them next year. This is the year to get it done.
agreed ..... just making the point that KU is a relatively young team.

you really need to string together 2/3 good years for the recruiting to really jump up.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Yep.

@ South Florida
@ Oklahoma
@ Nebraska
@ Missouri
Texas

Let's see how Kansas does when they don't have such a cupcake schedule.

Frazod
11-11-2007, 07:32 PM
That's fine. IMO, both teams control their own destiny regarding the National Championship.

If the winner of the Kansas/Missouri game beats Oklahoma, they will have knocked off two top 5 teams in consecutive weeks. I just can't see any scenario where that team wouldn't move up to at least 2.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:32 PM
agreed ..... just making the point that KU is a relatively young team.

you really need to string together 2/3 good years for the recruiting to really jump up.

How are they a relatively young team when 18 of 22 starters are either juniors or seniors? That is not a young team.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:33 PM

And Kansas has 12 starters, counting 4 of the starting OL and Aqib Talib, who are juniors. So this year and maybe next year is it for Kansas. Then you lose most of your team.
"lose most of your team" :spock:

every college team turns over their starters every 2/3 year

just shut up, fool.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
"lose most of your team" :spock:

every college team turns over their starters every 2/3 year

just shut up, fool.

What, upset that this is best Kansas will ever be and it still won't be good enough to stop Missouri?

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Kansas has some 3-star recruits and that is about it.

Missouri has a 5-star QB, a 4-star TE, and more 3-star recruits than Kansas does. Missouri also has the possibility of adding some more 3-star and 4-star recruits who might follow Gabbert to Missouri:

http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/355996.html

This article says the following recruits could follow Gabbert to Mizzou:

LB Will Compton, 4-star
OL Bryce Givens, 4-star
DE Josh Williams, 3-star
WR Wes Kemp, 3-star

Kansas' recruiting class isn't exactly impressive.

This is a story about MU recruiting from the local KC paper. It does not say anything about Kansas. Congrats on the commitment. We will see after this season what happens.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
This is a story about MU recruiting from the local KC paper. It does not say anything about Kansas. Congrats on the commitment. We will see after this season what happens.

I never said it had anything to do with Kansas. I am simply saying how Missouri could have a flow of top tier recruits coming into Columbia.

Molitoth
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Good, LSU is back to number 1. Now we can stop hearing about how awesome they are, and how they deserved to be #1 even though they have a loss.

Spott
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Why are KU fans so obsessed with MU?

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
What, upset that this is best Kansas will ever be and it still won't be good enough to stop Missouri?
i'm not upset at all .... although dealing with yet another MUron asshat does tend to take it's toll.

seriously ...... do they have a "How to be an irritating dick, 101." class at Mizzou or what?

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Why are KU fans so obsessed with MU?I'm not sure.

Perhaps you should post a thread....

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Why are KU fans so obsessed with MU?

Reread the posts...most of those posting are MU fans.
:)

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Reread the posts...most of those posting are MU fans.
:)
that doesn't matter .... they only see what they want.

they are the kings of starting shit and then playing victim.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:51 PM
that doesn't matter .... they only see what they want.

they are the kings of starting shit and then playing victim.Whaaa?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Whaaa?

I have no idea what you're talking about.
:p

eh ... you're one of the good ones.

how in the hell do you stand all your fugtard brethren though? :)

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
:p

eh ... you're one of the good ones.

how in the hell do you stand all your fugtard brethren though? :)Frankly, I often wonder the same about you.

Reaper16
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Who cares about the AP. BCS is the only one that matters at this point.
BCS. Dollar signs.

KC Jones
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Frankly, I often wonder the same about you.

I don't think Laz can stand your fugtard brethren, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

:D

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Frankly, I often wonder the same about you.
Hard of hearing ....... easy to shut them out when needed. ROFL

kstater
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
:sulk:

Consider yourselves lucky to be having these discussions.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't think Laz can stand your fugtard brethren, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

:DEasy now... don't confuse me. I'm a MUron.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 08:01 PM
:sulk:

Consider yourselves lucky to be having these discussions.
aww ..... poor putty tat

BWillie
11-11-2007, 08:07 PM

KU should be a pre-season Top 15 in football next year. They return just about EVERYBODY. I'm not so sure Talib will leave after this year either. He should look back and learn from the mistake that Charles Gordon made by declaring too early.

Reesing will only get better. We spread the ball around on offense so losing one receiver isn't going to make much of a difference. Briscoe looks like he's going to be a stud someday, and McAnderson shares carries with our super soph Sharp. McAnderson didn't really ever get carries until this year, and look what he's doing now. We'll be fine at the running back department because of our O-LINE. The offensive line is only going to get better. The biggest loss IMO will be the up front push of McClinton. That will certainly hurt, but it is the ONLY player on defense that KU will be losing assuming Talib doesn't declare to the NFL draft.

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 08:12 PM
KU should be a pre-season Top 15 in football next year. They return just about EVERYBODY. I'm not so sure Talib will leave after this year either. He should look back and learn from the mistake that Charles Gordon made by declaring too early.

Reesing will only get better. We spread the ball around on offense so losing one receiver isn't going to make much of a difference. Briscoe looks like he's going to be a stud someday, and McAnderson shares carries with our super soph Sharp. McAnderson didn't really ever get carries until this year, and look what he's doing now. We'll be fine at the running back department because of our O-LINE. The offensive line is only going to get better. The biggest loss IMO will be the up front push of McClinton. That will certainly hurt, but it is the ONLY player on defense that KU will be losing assuming Talib doesn't declare to the NFL draft.

Talib better stay...he needs to learn how to play the Purify's that are out there.

ROYC75
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Uh, I have no comment. I can't have Zach comming in here gold digging.........

Back to the KU game, Chill out folks, would ya .:D

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Three Big XII teams in the top 5.

That's nasty.

KC Jones
11-11-2007, 08:31 PM

That's nasty.

Had KU/MU on my mind so much lately that I walked into the conference room this morning and asked if everyone caught the MU KU game last night. They were all looking at me like WTF?

KC_Connection
11-12-2007, 04:51 AM
No, I believe he was upset because you are making ****ed up arguments.

KC_Connection
11-12-2007, 04:53 AM
Have I mentioned that we're going to the 'ship?

Lzen
11-14-2007, 09:27 AM

Dude, are you just stupid or what? How do you think KU got those players? Mangino is a great recruiter. He knows how to find talent. This success can only help with that recruiting.

RustShack
11-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Kansas gets upset this weekend...

KcMizzou
11-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Kansas gets upset this weekend...I can't imagine them losing to ISU.

beer bacon
11-14-2007, 09:40 AM

I would love for KU to lose, at least emotionally, and ISU has been playing much better lately. With that said, KU is soooo not going to lose against ISU at home.

I do think ISU will cover the spread. It is something like -26 KU.

DMAC
11-14-2007, 09:40 AM
I can't imagine them losing to ISU.
They frikkin better not.

I want all that hype next weekend. All of it.

Lzen
11-14-2007, 09:53 AM

Lol. Yes, I know that is possible. Hell, anything in this wacky season of college football is possible.And I know ISU has been playing much better the past few weeks. But Kansas has been steady and focused throughout the season. They are a much better team. Plus, they play really well at home.

Lzen
11-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I would love for KU to lose, at least emotionally, and ISU has been playing much better lately. With that said, KU is soooo not going to lose against ISU at home.

I do think ISU will cover the spread. It is something like -26 KU.

Holy crap! Are you kidding me? -26?

Chieficus
11-14-2007, 10:01 AM

That's nasty.

And I still hear from my SEC friends how superior the SEC is, how the polls are all rigged, and how the BIG XII doesn't have a whole bunch of power house teams beating up on each other like the SEC...

I just usually smile, nod, and laugh at their grand delusions... :jester:

Lzen
11-14-2007, 10:07 AM
http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111207aab.html
QUICKLY --

#3 Kansas (10-0 overall, 6-0 Big 12) will make its final home appearance of the season hosting Iowa State (3-8, 2-5) on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 2:30 p.m. Central in a game which will be televised on ABC... ABC/ESPN is making its first visit to Lawrence since ABC televised the Oklahoma State game here in 1998... KU is making its sixth national television appearance of the year, the most since appearing six times during the 1998 season... KU has won 13 of its last 14 games and its current 10-game win streak is tied with Hawai'i for the longest active streak in the country... KU is also on its longest win streak since winning 18 from 1907-09... KU is 10-0 for just the second time in school history (other time was 1899 team which finished the year 10-0)... KU has never won 11 games in a season (10 four times)... KU is 6-0 at home this season and has won nine straight in Lawrence as well as 17 of its last 19 in Memorial Stadium... KU's national ranking is its highest since being listed third for three weeks by the Associated Press in 1968.

Chieficus
11-14-2007, 10:11 AM
http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111207aab.html
QUICKLY --

#3 Kansas (10-0 overall, 6-0 Big 12) will make its final home appearance of the season hosting Iowa State (3-8, 2-5) on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 2:30 p.m. Central in a game which will be televised on ABC... ABC/ESPN is making its first visit to Lawrence since ABC televised the Oklahoma State game here in 1998... KU is making its sixth national television appearance of the year, the most since appearing six times during the 1998 season... KU has won 13 of its last 14 games and its current 10-game win streak is tied with Hawai'i for the longest active streak in the country... KU is also on its longest win streak since winning 18 from 1907-09... KU is 10-0 for just the second time in school history (other time was 1899 team which finished the year 10-0)... KU has never won 11 games in a season (10 four times)... KU is 6-0 at home this season and has won nine straight in Lawrence as well as 17 of its last 19 in Memorial Stadium... KU's national ranking is its highest since being listed third for three weeks by the Associated Press in 1968.

And they'll be a heck of a #2 Big XII team after they lose to OU in the champ... :D

Lzen
11-14-2007, 10:12 AM
And they'll be a heck of a #2 Big XII team after they lose to OU in the champ... :D

Heh, I could live with that. ;)