PDA

View Full Version : Why act so surprised about the 2007 Chief's?

chiefsfan1963
11-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Didn't you see it coming?
You had plenty of clues.

Clue #1 DV retires in 2006 CP stays.
Clue #2 CP hires Herm.
Clue #3 Our O rankings plummet from Top 3 to 16 in 2006.
Clue #4 We luck into the playoffs and embarrass ourselves with the all time worst playoff performance by a NFL team. An abortion.
Clue #5 CP did nothing to prepare for the ultimate retirements of Roaf and Shields. He let our OL waste away.
Clue #6 we do nothing in the 2007 Draft to improve our OL.
Clue #7 Watching our O is like watching paint dry.
Clue #8 Huard is our starting QB
Clue #9 Solari is our OC.
Clue #10 Colquitt is our best offensive weapon.

POND_OF_RED
11-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I knew we weren't the best....but its still the ****ing BRONCOS....

UteChief
11-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Couldn't agree more

FloridaMan88
11-11-2007, 04:24 PM
In two short years the Chiefs have gone from the best offense in football to the worst. The apologists will use the retirement of key players and injuries as an excuse, but the ultimate blame falls on Carl Peterson for one of the most dramatic declines of an offense in recent memory in the NFL

Bwana
11-11-2007, 04:25 PM
We are doomed!

Baby Lee
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
In two short years the Chiefs have gone from the best offense in football to the worst. The apologists will use the retirement of key players and injuries as an excuse, but the ultimate blame falls on Carl Peterson for one of the most dramatic declines of an offense in recent memory in the NFL
Who cares if you have the best offense if you have the worst defense for half an EFFING DECADE?
The playoffs are littered with high flying regular season offenses that sputter and die. The 99 Rams were the exception, and it took the strength of their defense in the NFCC and SB to become the exception.

sd4chiefs
11-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I knew they were going to suck this year and then they go and win a few games to make me think they have a chance to win the AFC west.
I wish they had a 'I am a stupid moron' on the smiles list.

Eleazar
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I am surprised at your use of the apostrophe :Poke:

morphius
11-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Why be so repetitive? I know you are old, but come on, everyone has a new thought now and then.

TEX
11-11-2007, 05:32 PM
This team is the same team we saw in preseason. Herm is the same dumbass he's always been. Our offense is just ads bad as our defense was under DV, and our defense is simply average and nowhere near what our offense was under D.V. Give me wide open offense any day over this shit. Give me D.V. any day over Herm. At least with D.V. we had an identity and a direction. With Herm we have absolutely nothing because he's clueless.

BigMeatballDave
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
This team is the same team we saw in preseason. Herm is the same dumbass he's always been. Our offense is just ads bad as our defense was under DV, and our defense is simply average and nowhere near what our offense was under D.V. Give me wide open offense any day over this shit. Give me D.V. any day over Herm. At least with D.V. we had an identity and a direction. With Herm we have absolutely nothing because he's clueless.
:clap:

TEX
11-11-2007, 05:37 PM

Herm is just to much to blame as well. It made absolutley no sense to retain Solari as OC if we were going to change the offense as Mike represented a link to the DV years. We made no attempt to try and replace lost/retired players with those that posess the same type of talent. We made no attempt to keep the system. This IS the direction that Herm wanted to go. He'll throw Solari under the bus at season's end and we'll lose a heck of an OL coach in the process - Bank on it. Herm makes up his vision for this team as he goes along. He is not the guy for the rebuild job, but we're stuck with the moron.

BigRock
11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah, we had a direction under DV: it led us straight to where we are right now. This is exactly what happens to a team after years of shitty drafts, numerous bust FA signings, and having absolutely nobody in place to step in for productive players once they finish up.

But at least we scored some points while we went nowhere! WHEEEE!

It's one thing to say Herm should go. It's quite another to say that what we need is more Dick Vermeil.

The Bad Guy
11-11-2007, 06:08 PM

How is it being an apologist when it's a fact?

You ****ing idiots act like we can just go out and replace players of Shields and Roaf's caliber overnight.

Any person with a ****ing functional brain knows why this offense declined.

You also act like Vermeil didn't have an old NFL squad.

Do you actually watch football, or did you stop when the Hurricanes became a brief drizzle.

The Bad Guy
11-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Herm is just to much to blame as well. It made absolutley no sense to retain Solari as OC if we were going to change the offense as Mike represented a link to the DV years. We made no attempt to try and replace lost/retired players with those that posess the same type of talent. We made no attempt to keep the system. This IS the direction that Herm wanted to go. He'll throw Solari under the bus at season's end and we'll lose a heck of an OL coach in the process - Bank on it. Herm makes up his vision for this team as he goes along. He is not the guy for the rebuild job, but we're stuck with the moron.

He should throw Solari under the bus. Solari's ass should be gone. I'm sure Herm is the one telling him to run LJ's up the center's ass every play.

TEX
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
He should throw Solari under the bus. Solari's ass should be gone. I'm sure Herm is the one telling him to run LJ's up the center's ass every play.

Solari is the product of Herm's vision. After the 2nd preseason game last season, Herm called him out and he hasn't been the same since. Remember? If Herm didn't have a track record of this, I'd be more inclined to agree. But he does so he gets no benefit of the doubt. If you have said doubt, just ask yourself how many OC's he's had in his 6 years as HC in this league.

TEX
11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah, we had a direction under DV: it led us straight to where we are right now. This is exactly what happens to a team after years of shitty drafts, numerous bust FA signings, and having absolutely nobody in place to step in for productive players once they finish up.

But at least we scored some points while we went nowhere! WHEEEE!

It's one thing to say Herm should go. It's quite another to say that what we need is more Dick Vermeil.

Why? D.V. was/is a better coach IMO.

Extra Point
11-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Solari is the product of Herm's vision. After the 2nd preseason game last season, Herm called him out and he hasn't been the same since. Remember? If Herm didn't have a track record of this, I'd be more inclined to agree. But he does so he gets no benefit of the doubt. If you have said doubt, just ask yourself how many OC's he's had in his 6 years as HC in this league.

The sage has spoken!

blueballs
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
repost x1000

BigRock
11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Solari was horrible today. We came out in the first half and threw on 4 straight plays, 2 of which turned into TDs for Denver. Exactly what about the first half and the 30 potential INTs that were dropped made Solari think "What we should really do is have Huard come out throwing"? It boggles the mind.

KCFalcon59
11-11-2007, 08:15 PM
The problem is that Huard wasn't yanked at half. It was set up perfectly to replace him due to his upteenth dreadful first half.

BigRock
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Why? D.V. was/is a better coach IMO.
I agree he's a better gameday coach, but he was lousy at drafting, lousy at finding free agents, lousy at surrounding himself and the team with people who could properly do those things. There's a whole lot that goes into it.

DV built a great offense here. Mostly it was through the luck of a HOF left tackle getting put on the trade block, and the unbelievable luck of Priest far surpassing what anyone could have imagined for him. But regardless of how it came together, it was a great offense. And it stayed great for several seasons, which is hard to do.

But it's not like the offense ever got us anywhere. And because of poor talent evaluation while DV was running the ship, nothing was done to keep the offense going once the specific players on the field were gone. Just think of the years we had to draft/sign young players who we could groom to take over for Roaf, for Shields, for Trent, for Priest. We accomplished 1 of those 4 with LJ, and DV fought it every single step of the way.

Where we are now, IMO, is the direct result of DV's years here. All the failures in drafting and free agency have caught up to us. Everyone knew the offense was old, everyone knew we'd need new players to step in. We didn't get them through FA because we were too busy signing guys to help our horrible defense. And we didn't get them through the draft because our drafts stunk. We know Carl forced LJ onto DV, so who do we really have on offense that we can say DV's era drafted for us? Kris Wilson? Samie Parker? Ye Gods.

We're stuck in the position of still having to rebuild the defense while DV's offense finally turns to dust all around us. What we're seeing on the field is the result.

KCTitus
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
DV built a great offense here. Mostly it was through the luck of a HOF left tackle getting put on the trade block, and the unbelievable luck of Priest far surpassing what anyone could have imagined for him. But regardless of how it came together, it was a great offense. And it stayed great for several seasons, which is hard to do.

LOL...excellent usage of The Lexicon. Sure, DV was lousy at picking up FA's, drafting, etc...except for the ones that worked out, which in that case, he was just 'lucky'. Whatever.

DV built a world class offense, regardless how he did it, via draft or FA...he did it, but was absolute crap when it came to defense.

This team has gone back into 'Marty Mode'...all defense and no offense. Much like the Marty defenses, they play well, overall, but give up huge key plays--my personal favorite was giving up that prayer of a TD to Farve late last week. Third and 10+ yards are damn near automatic against this defense.

Herm isnt known as a QB killer for nothing...

Chiefnj2
11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Exactly what about the first half and the 30 potential INTs that were dropped made Solari think "What we should really do is have Huard come out throwing"? It boggles the mind.

Perhaps having the league's worst run blocking entered into the equation.

BigRock
11-12-2007, 12:05 AM
LOL...excellent usage of The Lexicon. Sure, DV was lousy at picking up FA's, drafting, etc...except for the ones that worked out, which in that case, he was just 'lucky'. Whatever.
Sorry, are you saying it wasn't completely lucky on our part that the Saints decided to trade a HOF left tackle? What was it, then? Skill? Did the Saints have no interest in trading Willie Roaf, and DV, that sly negotiator, somehow talked them into it against their will?

Left tackles who've been to 8 or 9 straight Pro Bowls in a row don't get put on the trade block every day. We made the trade and credit DV for making a great trade. We got away with highway robbery giving a 3rd or 4th or whatever it was. But it never happens if the Saints didn't decide to ship him out. That's just luck on our part.

And what of Priest? If it's not complete and total dumb luck that the team signed a cheap FA backup running back who ended up becoming the best RB in the league, then what was it exactly? When they signed Priest, they didn't even intend for him to be the starter. Through the first couple games of his KC career, T-Rich had more carries than Priest did.

DV built a world class offense, regardless how he did it
I think I said that.

chiefsfan1963
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
ROFL

DV - 5 full seasons and 1 playoff appearance

Herm - 1 full season and 1 playoff appearance

Herm has 3 more years after the conclusion of this one to reach DV's level of mediocrity.

Baby Lee
11-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Give me D.V. any day over Herm. At least with D.V. we had an identity and a direction. With Herm we have absolutely nothing because he's clueless.
Our identity had the league commissioner laughing at us on the national stage, our direction had Vermiel retiring just a step ahead of his pets.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I think Herm is a moron for a coach, but he made chicken salad out of chicken shit last year and somehow he is suprisenly doing it again this year.

chiefsfan1963
11-12-2007, 12:23 PM
How is it being an apologist when it's a fact?

You ****ing idiots act like we can just go out and replace players of Shields and Roaf's caliber overnight.

Any person with a ****ing functional brain knows why this offense declined.

You also act like Vermeil didn't have an old NFL squad.

Do you actually watch football, or did you stop when the Hurricanes became a brief drizzle.

We know you can't get players like Shields and Roaf overnight! That's the point CP blew it 3-4 years ago when these guys were playing he should have prepared better and continue to find strong talent to back up and ultimately replace these OL players. He didn't!

Ultimately this team is headed in the wrong direction and needs NEW MANAGEMENT from Top to bottom. CP has been here for 19 years. Thanks for everything he's been here long enough.

TEX
11-12-2007, 12:32 PM
We know you can't get players like Shields and Roaf overnight! That's the point CP blew it 3-4 years ago when these guys were playing he should have prepared better and continue to find strong talent to back up and ultimately replace these OL players. He didn't!

Ultimately this team is headed in the wrong direction and needs NEW MANAGEMENT from Top to bottom. CP has been here for 19 years. Thanks for everything he's been here long enough.

If you draft properly, you don't really need 3-4 years notice. But I agree with your take.
The Colts needed a replacement for Tarik Glenn after he retired and picked up a brand spanking LT via the draft this year (Tony Ugoh) and he's starting. Pretty tall order protecting Manning's blind side. They picked him up in round 2 with the 42 pick in the draft! :hmmm:

Course that's why nobdy will ever confuse Carl Peterson with Bill Polian...

chiefsfan1963
11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree he's a better gameday coach, but he was lousy at drafting, lousy at finding free agents, lousy at surrounding himself and the team with people who could properly do those things. There's a whole lot that goes into it.

But it's not like the offense ever got us anywhere. And because of poor talent evaluation while DV was running the ship, nothing was done to keep the offense going once the specific players on the field were gone. Just think of the years we had to draft/sign young players who we could groom to take over for Roaf, for Shields, for Trent, for Priest. We accomplished 1 of those 4 with LJ, and DV fought it every single step of the way.

Where we are now, IMO, is the direct result of DV's years here. All the failures in drafting and free agency have caught up to us. Everyone knew the offense was old, everyone knew we'd need new players to step in. We didn't get them through FA because we were too busy signing guys to help our horrible defense. And we didn't get them through the draft because our drafts stunk. We know Carl forced LJ onto DV, so who do we really have on offense that we can say DV's era drafted for us? Kris Wilson? Samie Parker? Ye Gods.

We're stuck in the position of still having to rebuild the defense while DV's offense finally turns to dust all around us. What we're seeing on the field is the result.

No freakin way dude! Granted DV had bad luck in drafting, but he never got the opportunity to draft high. THe one year he did it was a Top 12 pick Sims and Freeman both busts! Ultimately CP is to blame a better GM and Front Office staff could have done a better job helping DV get a better D (Top 15 is all we needed) and we would have one at least one SB perhaps 2.

Face it this team sucks and is very boring to watch. I want excitement and action. Not a 3 and out Offense Not a Field Goal Offense F**K That!

Until this FRONT OFFICE IS Completely turned over and we bring fresh new blood we are going nowhere. I believe the only way this really happens is someone else buys this team. THe Lamar Family have no pride and desire to WIN SB's anymore.

Chief's fans will continue to suffer, and we will continue to bicker and yell at each other about DV, Marty, and Herm and who was better.

I feel sorry for us all.

TEX
11-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Our identity had the league commissioner laughing at us on the national stage, our direction had Vermiel retiring just a step ahead of his pets.

And let's see who makes fun of our offense now. Because it's as bad as our defense was and our defense is nowhere near as good as our offense was under DV. Again, give me that any day over this crap we have now. This team is an extension of it's coach and we $UCK A$$!