PDA

View Full Version : “I haven’t decided anything. I’ll wait till Monday.”

Huffman83
11-11-2007, 04:06 PM
ERM EDWARDS: “It was a competitive game in the first half and then two costly mistakes where we turned the ball over offensively and missed a tackle on a blitz and the guy scores. Then another turnover and the guy scores and it’s a 14-point swing all of a sudden.”

“It’s one of those games where momentum is key and the second half is similar to last week where we relinquished the lead in the fourth quarter. We had a lead at home and you hope you can build on that.”

Q: Would you have made the QB switch if Damon Huard had not been injured?

EDWARDS: “Yeah.”

Q: Is this for real now?

EDWARDS: “I haven’t decided anything. I’ll wait till Monday.”

Q: What was the conversation at halftime about the QB position?

EDWARDS: “We needed to get something going offensively and we were going to wait until the third quarter to see what happened. We just felt at that time when the score became what it became and we were struggling on offense and needed a spark. I thought Brodie came in and drove the team at times. Did a pretty good job but didn’t score any points. But he moved the team some and that was good. For the most part, he made some good throws and had a little energy.”

Q: Are you surprised that nine games into the season that the division is the way it is?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, a lot of people felt that some teams would have more wins in our division than they have at this point and time. You’ve got to win; you can’t count on teams losing. No one anticipated the division lead would just have four wins right now. No one anticipated that at all.”

Q: Was giving Priest Holmes 20 carries more than you wanted?

EDWARDS: “He ran pretty well. That’s a lot for him all of a sudden. He did a good job. He hit some holes and made some on his own and made some guys miss.”

Q: Did you see better decision making from Croyle than what you saw in the pre-season?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, I thought he was more comfortable. He’s really comfortable in the shotgun. He can see everything coming at him and gets the ball out of hands. He moved around OK.”

Q: You came out throwing the second half; did you feel that you had to open it up some?

EDWARDS: “A little bit because they were putting eight guys in the box. We just felt we could throw it and you have to be aggressive at some point. We got some match-ups we thought we could win with but it didn’t work out. But we couldn’t get anything deep down the field because they kept the ball in front.”

Q: Defensively your thoughts on your team’s play?

EDWARDS: “We missed some tackles and the corner missed the tackle on the edge [on Denver’s first touchdown]. At that point if you hold them to a field goal there you feel OK. .“I haven’t decided anything. I’ll wait till Monday.”

banyon
11-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Herman Edwards (last week):

"Once we make the switch, we won't go back"

Huffman83
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
"You play to win the game."....

Pooch
11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
have to talk to carl first!!

Rasputin
11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Herm is a Jack ASS. If he can't make a football decision for the good of the team and for the future of KC Chiefs and has to wait for a guy to get hurt, he is a moron.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 04:11 PM
they are sho;wing this on channel 5
his body language says -I'm pissed off

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
“I haven’t decided anything. I’ll wait till Monday.”

I'll translate that for ya...

"Let me check with Carl."

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
have to talk to carl first!!Yep.

Hoover
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Get pissed if its not Croyle. I don't think its fair for a HC to have to make a decision on the spot. That said I'll be pissed if its not Croyle

Bwana
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Aww bullshit. Huard is toast. He will be holding the clip board for the rest of the year and cut before next season.

ROYC75
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
The day we hired Herm Edwards, I heard the song by Merle Haggard, he was in the middle of the verse, "

Are we rolling downhill like a snowball that's headed to hell "......

Things hasn't been the same since.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Jeez, relax guys. No way Huard starts another game this year.

banyon
11-11-2007, 04:18 PM

We are supposed to believe you why again?

Scorp
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
We are supposed to believe you why again?

Don't feed the attention whore! :banghead:

FloridaMan88
11-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Herm is a horrible head coach this isn't news

KCFalcon59
11-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I was pissed when I saw Huard come out to start the 2nd half. He did nothing in the 1st half to prove he could move the team. He sucks. Herm should have made the switch at halftime. It was an easy decision.

FringeNC
11-11-2007, 05:01 PM
The day we hired Herm Edwards, I heard the song by Merle Haggard, he was in the middle of the verse, "

Are we rolling downhill like a snowball that's headed to hell "......

Things hasn't been the same since.

Yeah, it was a terrible hire. The era of the motivator being the good head coach is over. Today's NFL requires intelligence, something I'm afraid Herm is lacking.

Otter
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
If he starts Huard next week I'm going to ****ing puke.

Eleazar
11-11-2007, 05:04 PM
There is no way they can run Huard out there again. As much ass as Huard is sucking, the players aren't going to buy in. That's how you get a team to quit, run out a QB who gives you no chance to win.

The fans have had enough, Herm sounds like he's had enough - we should all be happy. Even though they were dumbasses to not do this in camp, Croyle is our QB now. They can't not give him the start.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM
If he starts Huard next week I'm going to ****ing puke.That would finally send me to the "Fire Herm" bandwagon.

I love his drafts... I love his defense... but Jesus... the choice is obvious.

Eleazar
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
That would finally send me to the "Fire Herm" bandwagon.

Even given the amount of stupidity as permeates this organization at times, that would be shocking.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 05:11 PM

I love his drafts... I love his defense... but Jesus... the choice is obvious.I'm with you. As much shit as Herm catches from some folks, I think he's a serious upgrade from DV and I love some things about him. I don't care for the "keep it close and let your defense win" philosophy, but our D is headed in a good direction, so it might work.

But if he doesn't start Croyle, I'm on the Fire Herm and CP bandwagon hardcore.

The whole stadium erupted in boos when Huard came out in the second half, and a half-ass Brodie chant broke out, then when our savior, St. Croyle appeared, you couldn't imagine happier Chiefs fans. You'd think we just scored a TD or something.

This is obvious, you can't defend Huard's play today. Croyle is it, for better or worse.

Otter
11-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Today was the first time since Priest was a beast I found myself standing up and cheering and not being able sit down watching the game. I really hope Herm is just hedging his bets on that comment.

I really want a reason to cheer for this team.

Skip Towne
11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Like you know anything about it. What a poser.

Eleazar
11-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I really want a reason to cheer for this team.

Same here.

This morning, I didn't really care about this game. I didn't think about it, didn't watch the pregame shows, just did other things. I flipped the game on, but got what I expected.

When Croyle came in, I was kinda excited again. Depressed that we threw away half a season, but it was cool to see the young guy with some zip on his throws get in there and make a few.

TEX
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I could give a $HIT about Croyle being the starter because at the end of the day Herm F*CKING Edwards will still be the HC. :shake:

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I could give a $HIT about Croyle being the starter because at the end of the day Herm F*CKING Edwards will still be the HC. :shake:Settle down, Reerun.

Rasputin
11-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't think Huard even wants to be a starter. He didn't seem to want to return in the Jags game. He didn't play much in preseason, he knows the O line is bad and he can't avoid the rush. Hutard Sucks. I think that Hutard would be just as happy on the bench holding a clipboard like he did for 11 years of his NFL career and still collect a pay check.

TEX
11-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Settle down, Reerun.

It's true.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Q: Would you have made the QB switch if Damon Huard had not been injured?

EDWARDS: “Yeah.”

[/B]

liar

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 05:57 PM
liarI think Damon took a fall.

GrBac style.

After that fumble for a TD, and being booed... he just said, "**** this... I'm done."

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I think Damon took a fall.

GrBac style.

After that fumble for a TD, and being booed... he just said, "**** this... I'm done."

i thought the same thing actually, and I wouldn't blame Huard for it either...

Pablo
11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I think Damon took a fall.

GrBac style.

After that fumble for a TD, and being booed... he just said, "**** this... I'm done."Yeah..when I looked up and realized the boo's echoing weren't for an opposing player but our own QB I kind of felt sorry for him. Glad he muffed it up though, now we can see what Croyle is made of.

Chiefnj2
11-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Herm sucks. He's always sucked. His drafts aren't as good as people think. The defense isn't as dominant as people think.

All that being said, hopefully Herm is just doing the decent thing with Huard and telling him face-to-face that he's going with Croyle so he doesn't have to hear it from the media first.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah..when I looked up and realized the boo's echoing weren't for an opposing player but our own QB I kind of felt sorry for him. Glad he muffed it up though, now we can see what Croyle is made of.I felt sorry for him too.

I've wanted Croyle for a long time now... but I also believe Huard's given this team everything he has left in the tank.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Herm sucks. He's always sucked. His drafts aren't as good as people think. The defense isn't as dominant as people think.

All that being said, hopefully Herm is just doing the decent thing with Huard and telling him face-to-face that he's going with Croyle so he doesn't have to hear it from the media first.He deserves that.

Good or not... he's been a trooper.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I kinda feel bad for Huard too, which surprises me.

He was promoted beyond his competence by Herm, you can't blame him for that. But he is well compensated, so I don't feel that bad.

Extra Point
11-11-2007, 06:14 PM

All that being said, hopefully Herm is just doing the decent thing with Huard and telling him face-to-face that he's going with Croyle so he doesn't have to hear it from the media first.

I tend to agree with the first paragraph. The second is a for-sure. Dwayne Bowe was the best available athlete, and a good replacement for Kennison next- or the year-after-next season.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I can hate the way he plays but he's never been a dick and he always exhibited a team-first attitude, so I suppose it makes it a little harder to hate him. Seems like a good character guy, just not a good quality QB.

My apathy will soon be overtaken by curiousity.

MichaelH
11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I won't feel bad for Huard. He'll make more money than me while sucking ass and holding a clipboard.

Oh Snap
11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
I was pissed when I saw Huard come out to start the 2nd half. He did nothing in the 1st half to prove he could move the team. He sucks. Herm should have made the switch at halftime. It was an easy decision.
I knew he wasnt going to make the switch for the simple fact that we were ahead at the time.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I won't feel bad for Huard. He'll make more money than me while sucking ass and holding a clipboard.It's not all about the money... I know the money's nice... but the guy's a football player.

As a football player... it's gotta be hard to go out like that.

Coach
11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
It's not all about the money... I know the money's nice... but the guy's a football player.

As a football player... it's gotta be hard to go out like that.

No, not really. He never was a starter for a half of a season (that isn't related to a former player injury) and he was a 3rd stringer in New England.

Heck, he was a backup to Jay Fielder in Miami. That alone should tell us something.

But it took 8 weeks of udder dogshit Damon Horrid performance like for some fans to go "Oh, wait a minute, this guy isn't that good as I thought he was supposed to be?"

Come on KcMizzou, Horrid has no business to be on the football field, one way or another. I'm just see it how I see it.

RustShack
11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I loved how the crowd booed when Huard ran onto the field his last drive was it?

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:30 PM
No, not really. He never was a starter for a half of a season (that isn't related to a former player injury) and he was a 3rd stringer in New England.

Heck, he was a backup to Jay Fielder in Miami. That alone should tell us something.

But it took 8 weeks of udder dogshit Damon Horrid performance like for some fans to go "Oh, wait a minute, this guy isn't that good as I thought he was supposed to be?"

Come on KcMizzou, Horrid has no business to be on the football field, one way or another. I'm just see it how I see it.We don't disagree.

There's no way you can justify wanting Damon Huard as the QB of the KC Chiefs right now.

I was just saying I feel a little bad for him... being booed off the field. No NFL player wants to go out like that.

And, I figure this will probably be the last we see of Huard (thankfully), and probably the end of his pro career. (sad for him)

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I loved how the crowd booed when Huard ran onto the field his last drive was it?I understood it... but I cringed a little.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 06:32 PM
I understood it... but I cringed a little.

I'll put it this way. I heard it, but I didn't boo, and I definately cheered when Brodie came out.

The guy deserves some respect, not a lot, but some.

Coach
11-11-2007, 06:35 PM
We don't disagree.

There's no way you can justify wanting Damon Huard as the QB of the KC Chiefs right now.

I was just saying I feel a little bad for him... being booed off the field. No NFL player wants to go out like that.

And, I figure this will probably be the last we see of Huard (thankfully), and probably the end of his pro career. (sad for him)

I understand the feel a little bad for him, being booed off the field. However, if he didn't want to be booed off the field, then he has to produce, which he clearly wasn't.

That's the way sports is, unfortunately. If you don't produce, you're gonna get booed, one way or another.

As for the last we see of Huard, I wouldn't really hold my breath. This so-called "I'll wait till Monday" really leaves a shadow of doubt.

Also siberian is right on one thing. Herman Edwards is a liar. Plain and simple as that.

11-11-2007, 06:35 PM
I understood it... but I cringed a little.

I was pissed when he came back out. I would never have booed him but I was bitching.

Easy 6
11-11-2007, 06:40 PM

Yeah, you just know that has to sting badly for a professional with any real pride...and Damon has that at the least.

The last sack would have been hard for any QB to escape, but it hardly matters...this was inevitable, we're long overdue.

Simplex3
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Were they booing Hutard are were they booing Sperm for trotting Hutard back out there?

Hutard took a dive on that final play. Injury my ass. That guy won't have so much as a headache from that "vicious hit" that sidelined him.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Get pissed if its not Croyle. I don't think its fair for a HC to have to make a decision on the spot. That said I'll be pissed if its not Croyle
agreed .... i don't want a coach to make decisions right after a game.

let everything calm down ..... THEN he better pick croyle.

11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Were they booing Hutard are were they booing Sperm for trotting Hutard back out there?

Hutard took a dive on that final play. Injury my ass. That guy won't have so much as a headache from that "vicious hit" that sidelined him.
That was exactly what I felt at the time too. It was a hard hit but he has gotten up from much harder than that with no signs of injury at all. I questioned whether or not he was just making the decision easier for herm.

FAX
11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm confused more than usual.

In his post-game, Herm stated that, even before the horrific, life-threatening injury, he was going to replace Downfield anyhow, right? And, in an interview earlier in the week, Herm said that, once you make the decision to change QBs, you don't go back, right?

So, if he was going to replace Downfield during the game anyhow, why wouldn't he know now who was going to start next week? What am I missing?

FAX

Coach
11-11-2007, 07:07 PM

In his post-game, Herm stated that, even before the horrific, life-threatening injury, he was going to replace Downfield anyhow, right? And, in an interview earlier in the week, Herm said that, once you make the decision to change QBs, you don't go back, right?

So, if he was going to replace Downfield during the game anyhow, why wouldn't he know now who was going to start next week? What am I missing?

FAX

Herm can't do shit becuase this team is muddled under Queen Carla's fingerprints.

Of course, Herm being the coach isn't helping matters either.

11-11-2007, 07:08 PM

FAX

Huard was replaced due to injury technically. In Herm's mind, that could mean disaster for the fans.

Coach
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Another reason why he has to wait until Monday.

http://www.smoothrivers.com/peterson/images/cpsign.JPG

mikey23545
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM

FAX

Well, pull your ****ing head out of your fax.

No coach should make that kind of proclamation to the press while still in the heat of battle and before he has talked to the team or the players involved.

Herm does not exist to mollify your whiny ass.

FAX
11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Well, pull your ****ing head out of your fax.

No coach should make that kind of proclamation to the press while still in the heat of battle and before he has talked to the team or the players involved.

Herm does not exist to mollify your whiny ass.

Hmmm. Not at all the point in question but your response is, nevertheless, understandable, Mr. mikey23545. I'm sure that, as a child, watching your mom have sex with all those farm animals affected your comprehension skills. They say that therapy and flashcards can help to correct that, though.

For the purpose of rebutting a butt head, however, Herm already made the "proclamation" to which you refer. When asked in the post-game press conference if he was planning on going with Croyle, Herm said "yes". That sounds like a "proclamation" to me. I'm assuming that, contrary to your somewhat moronic view of the world around you, Herm did not call a team meeting to discuss the decision.

You're right about Herm not existing to mollify my whiny ass, though. Frankly, I'm not asking him to. At this point, all I'm asking of Herm is that he win a home game against one of the worst teams in the league.

FAX

Coach
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Seriously, if your QB is giving up 14 points in 9 seconds, that decision should be the easiest decision he makes in his life.

But I guess I just don't understand why he has to make it so ****ing difficult, whereas it's very CLEAR to everybody in the National F**king League that Damon Horrid is NOT THE ANSWER!

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Quit flying off the handle over it. It's clear to anyone with an ounce of common sense Brodie will be the starter. I swear, you folks will find ANY REASON to bitch about Herm.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 07:51 PM

FAX

You're blinded by a Western logocentrism (http://www.library.utoronto.ca/utel/glossary/Logocentrism.html) . Herm is a post-modernist and won't be contained by your insistence on rationality and "sense-making."

Coach
Quit flying off the handle over it. It's clear to anyone with an ounce of common sense Brodie will be the starter. I swear, you folks will find ANY REASON to bitch about Herm.

And for good reason. Herm is one piece of lying mother****er, and I never will trust Herm in my lifetime.

God, I can't believe we hired this shitbag of a coach. Of all the choices out there, we have to deal with this douchenozzle?

Disgraceful. :shake:

the Talking Can

no one said you could come out of the corner yet, put your Dunce cap back on and shut up....

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Herm is one piece of lying mother****er,
:

:rolleyes:

He certainly didn't lie about the quarterback situation so far. He replaced Huard like he said he would. There's no ****ing way he starts in Indy.

siberian khatru
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Kind of like starting Herm Warfare before he even coached a game for us.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Herm only replaced Huard because of injury. He never would have baring that.

Coach
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM
:rolleyes:

He certainly didn't lie about the quarterback situation so far. He replaced Huard like he said he would. There's no ****ing way he starts in Indy.

Please, there's plenty of evidence laying around about his lies. The changing offense, or should I call it "simplifying" it? Just becuase he can't understand it.

Another one was the Indy playoff debacle. Another one was this game, where if Horrid was doing terrible, make the ****in change by halftime.

Ask any NY Jet fan, and they will tell you, straight up, that Herman Edwards is a big fat liar.

Ebolapox
11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I was so pissed when croyle didn't come out as starter of the second half. I'm fully convinced that we lost because f*cking herm didn't bench huard early enough.

f*ck this team. they've molestered me for the last time.

Reerun_KC
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
And for good reason. Herm is one piece of lying mother****er, and I never will trust Herm in my lifetime.

God, I can't believe we hired this shitbag of a coach. Of all the choices out there, we have to deal with this douchenozzle?

Disgraceful. :shake:

Priceless! ROFL

NewChief
11-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm sure others have already pointed this out, but it seems to me that Herm's contradicting himself.

1) He said prior to this game that when he made the decision to move to Croyle it would be a permanent decision and that he'd stick with Croyle.

2) Huard goes down. Herm is forced to put Croyle in, supposedly.

3) After the game, Herm says he was going to put Huard in anyway, thus going back to point #1, which means that he's made the decision and it will be a permanent one.

4) Now he says that he doesn't know for sure if it's permanent or not.

Something doesn't compute here. I know that coaches like to spit out a bunch of BS coachspeak, but Herm pretty much has to be lying somewhere within point 1, 3, or 4.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 09:46 PM
He's not lying. Croyle will be the starter in Indy. You're reading way too much into his comments.

kcxiv
11-11-2007, 09:47 PM
I was so pissed when croyle didn't come out as starter of the second half. I'm fully convinced that we lost because f*cking herm didn't bench huard early enough.

f*ck this team. they've molestered me for the last time.We did lose because Herm waited to damn long. He shoudl have did it at the half. Huard sucked, but imo Herm blew this game on his stubbornness. Its obvious after 8 games that the offense isnt going to some how find it with Huard at QB. It may not find it with Croyle, but at least we can find out.

FAX
11-11-2007, 09:48 PM
He's not lying. Croyle will be the starter in Indy. You're reading way too much into his comments.

Which comment though? The one where he said you don't go back on a QB change? Or, the one where he said he was going to put in Croyle before Downfield's devastating, career ending injury? Or, the one where he said he doesn't know who our starting quarterback is?

FAX

Mr. Arrowhead
11-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Herm a coach that doesnt want to make a decision based on emotion, he wants to look on the tape. This is the easiest decision he could ever make after viewing the tape. A moron, would know that croyle clearly outplayed horrid

Bearcat
11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
HERM EDWARDS: “It was a competitive game in the first half and then two costly mistakes where we turned the ball over offensively and missed a tackle on a blitz and the guy scores. Then another turnover and the guy scores and it’s a 14-point swing all of a sudden.”

This is why I don't like Herm... leaving the stadium I was telling a friend that this would be the first thing Herm would say. It's not the inept offense with playcalling that makes Jimmy Raye's offense look explosive and unpredictable... Oh no, we were doing fine until the two turnovers. We're playing not to lose, and we aren't losing... 8-6 will win the game!

:banghead: :banghead: