PDA

View Full Version : Hutard's Comments and Carl's Comments

banyon
11-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Hutard: "Put it all on me, I had a bad day"

Rhonda the Hutt:

How does it feel to lose your job?

Hutard: It's a part of the NFL, you gotta play well or it's gonna be a story.

Teicher: How is your injury? Is it the same thing from the Chicago game?

Hutard: Yeah, I dinged up my neck a little bit.

:clap: He is not remotely talented, but at least he is a team player.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
HUTARD gave all he had
he just never had much

banyon
11-11-2007, 04:38 PM
CeePee i expect us to win at home

Petro: Do you expect Brodie to play?

CeePee : I thought he played well. The decision will be the Head Coaches. Not all the things that went bad for Damon were Damon's fault.

Petro: Time to play the younger guys?

CeePee : We'll talk about that, but I get the players and he coaches them.

(cut bk to Jack Harry): Well you'd better get him some better players then Mr. Peterson!

blueballs
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Harry was rubbing one out under his desk

banyon
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Reporter: How do you feel?

Priest: I feel great! I'm going to run some stairs tommorrow. The loss is disappointing though.

Rhonda the Hutt: How do you feel you performed?

Priest: I was able to do some things, but things didn't go our way. I'm going back to work like usual.

Teicher (I think): Does it matter who plays QB with all of the problems on offense?

Priest: (Politically) That's a decsion we leave up to the coaches.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Brodie got atleast 50% of snaps in practice
the change was coming
told him at the beging of the week to "be ready"

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Petro: Time to play the younger guys?

CeePee : We'll talk about that, but I get the players and he coaches them.

that's the sound of Carl warming up a bus to drive over Herm....

MichaelH
11-11-2007, 05:57 PM
So does this mean Hooturd lost his start next week? The way Hermdick is, I think he'll wait until it's a game time decision to see who might start at QB. :shake:

11-11-2007, 06:30 PM
So does this mean Hooturd lost his start next week? The way Hermdick is, I think he'll wait until it's a game time decision to see who might start at QB. :shake:
Why not? Lets keep Indy on their toes. ROFL

TEX
11-11-2007, 06:56 PM
that's the sound of Carl warming up a bus to drive over Herm....

He needs to leave SKID MARKS!

KC2004
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
The guy isn't playing well right now but at least he isn't dumping the blame. I'm not liking his play right now but ya got to give him some credit for taking the blame. I'm all for Croyle the rest of the year and got to give Huard some props for taking the blame on the loss.

FringeNC
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
He needs to leave SKID MARKS!

And Herm would just stand there with that deer in the headlights look

StcChief
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
right this isn't even close to a trap game for INDY even on a short week

Sure-Oz
11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Hutard: "Put it all on me, I had a bad day"

Rhonda the Hutt:

How does it feel to lose your job?

Hutard: It's a part of the NFL, you gotta play well or it's gonna be a story.

Teicher: How is your injury? Is it the same thing from the Chicago game?

Hutard: Yeah, I dinged up my neck a little bit.

:clap: He is not remotely talented, but at least he is a team player.
After he said he dinged up his neck a bit he rolled his eyes, flat out benched and told to lie

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
If Indy gets beat tonight (it's stating to look that way) they'll be in an ugly mood next week.

I can see Brodie threatening Todd Sackledge's record of 7 picks in a single game.

Next week could be butt ugly. Hope I'm wrong, but Peyton tears us up.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I can see Brodie threatening Todd Sackledge's record of 7 picks in a single game.

I can see Robert Mathis threatening DT's sack record in one game.

Chris Meck
11-12-2007, 05:05 AM
I don't think Huard was rolling his eyes; could be I interpreted his mannerisms differently...

but it seemed to me that Rhonda Moss asked him if he was aware that Herm had decided to pull him whether he was hurt or not, and put it something like that, and I THOUGHT I saw a very emotional Huard almost break down in tears. Like he VERY nearly lost it.

I was kind of taken aback by that, and after thinking about how long he's waited to be 'the man' and all the adversity he had to overcome to even get the chance to be a starter, and it has to be awful to face with the fact that you just weren't good enough.

I know, in moments of frustration, I've said all sorts of nasty things about the guy, but truth be told, I like him. He's a team guy, a good guy, doesn't blame others, takes responsibility. I WISH he had a rocket arm and better pocket awareness, but he doesn't. He's a back-up. A pretty decent one at that. But it's time to see the kid, and if Huard wants to stay on, I'd welcome him as a #2 caretaker/in case of injury guy.

I know that's the reaction I saw, and Porter and Hughes changed the subject immediately, which was pretty classy, I thought. It's just easy to forget that these guys want to win SOOO badly and it's crushing when they just aren't good enough. I wish Damon Huard well, whether it's supporting Croyle or somewhere else, but it's time to make the change and not look back.

Chris

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 05:16 AM
I don't think Huard was rolling his eyes; could be I interpreted his mannerisms differently...

but it seemed to me that Rhonda Moss asked him if he was aware that Herm had decided to pull him whether he was hurt or not, and put it something like that, and I THOUGHT I saw a very emotional Huard almost break down in tears. Like he VERY nearly lost it.

Damn, guess the video was on TV or something? I don't see a link on KcChiefs.com for Huard's press conference.

kstater
11-12-2007, 05:40 AM
I know, in moments of frustration, I've said all sorts of nasty things about the guy, but truth be told, I like him. He's a team guy, a good guy, doesn't blame others, takes responsibility. I WISH he had a rocket arm and better pocket awareness, but he doesn't. He's a back-up. A pretty decent one at that. But it's time to see the kid, and if Huard wants to stay on, I'd welcome him as a #2 caretaker/in case of injury guy.

I know that's the reaction I saw, and Porter and Hughes changed the subject immediately, which was pretty classy, I thought. It's just easy to forget that these guys want to win SOOO badly and it's crushing when they just aren't good enough. I wish Damon Huard well, whether it's supporting Croyle or somewhere else, but it's time to make the change and not look back.

Chris

:clap: My thoughts as well.

a1na2
11-12-2007, 06:14 AM
If Indy gets beat tonight (it's stating to look that way) they'll be in an ugly mood next week.

Next week could be butt ugly. Hope I'm wrong, but Peyton tears us up.

Does it matter who throws those interceptions? I think Hoover is has been on a INT run that would equal or break the INT record. I'd rather see Croyle in the mix and learning rather than an old dog continuing in his old ways ... old dogs cannot learn new tricks and Hoover is an old dog,contrary to the youth movement we are supposed to be in.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Look at the Chiefs roster, it's not really a youth movement.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Look at the Chiefs roster, it's not really a youth movement.

Brodie Croyle
Rudy Niswanger
Jeff Webb
Dwayne Bowe

Derrick Johnson
Tank Tyler
Jared Allen
Tamba Hali
Turk McBride
Jarrad Page
Bernard Pollard
Tyron Brackenridge

ALL played significantly on Sunday.

This team is playing the young talent it has. There's not much more they can do outside of starting Herb Taylor, Kolby Smith and Nate Harris.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
And how many of those guys are actually good?

That's where I go with that, just because you got UDFA's or guys who were 7th round picks as backups doesn't mean you are getting younger.

I think some of those guys are pretty good, some of them are backups and some of them are crap...

No offense to Tamba Hali but he's regressing.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 06:47 AM
And how many of those guys are actually good?

They are TRYING to build a young team. That's all they can do. You can't replace an entire team with 22-year old kids overnight.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Then don't sell youth movement....if you are really going to do that then you can sell it. What the Titans did that's a youth movement.

The Chiefs are transitioning as they generally do with Carl.

TEX
11-12-2007, 07:47 AM

I was kind of taken aback by that, and after thinking about how long he's waited to be 'the man' and all the adversity he had to overcome to even get the chance to be a starter, and it has to be awful to face with the fact that you just weren't good enough.

Chris

Very well said! :clap:

Saulbadguy
11-12-2007, 07:54 AM
I don't think he is a team player. Look at his face anytime someone does something wrong, he whines and moans like a little bitch.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 07:59 AM
I don't think he is a team player. Look at his face anytime someone does something wrong, he whines and moans like a little bitch.

Maybe that's why you like(d) him so much.

Saulbadguy
11-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Maybe that's why you like(d) him so much.
Sarcasm? I can't stand him.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Sarcasm? I can't stand him.

Hah... too early in the morning. I saw the G and read GOATSE. My bad.

the Talking Can
11-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Hah... too early in the morning. I saw the G and read GOATSE. My bad.

ROFL

understandable...

Easy 6
11-12-2007, 08:11 AM

Chris

A fine, fine post Mr. Meck

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Nice post Chris Meck, But dont feel sorry for him.. He is making $7 million over his contract...

I wouldnt care if everyone in the world hated me, if I was making $7 million over 3 years...

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 08:44 AM

ChrisHe seems like a good guy. Family man. Good "team" guy. etc, but he just doesn't have the physical tools to get the job done. The fans current dislike of him has nothing to do with him personally. If you don't want to be critized then don't take the $3 million you are getting paid this year.

Extra Point
11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Fat Rhonda needs a boycott from the Chiefs Press Room.

Huard should not have started the second half, just like last game. It took two horrible home games to bring in Croyle. I sure hope that Brodie doesn't get his legs cut out from under him due to poor OL play.

Has Thigpen gotten any snaps in practice? What's his situation?

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Has Thigpen gotten any snaps in practice?

No, and he shouldn't unless it's for the scout team.

FAX
11-12-2007, 10:33 AM

Chris

Damn fine post, right there, Mr. Chris Meck. For my part, I feel compassion for Downfield on a personal level, but that's about it. The NFL is about winning games. Period. That's why players should feel privileged to make it on the team and refrain from flipping off the fans.

That's also why Downfield has to go. He is not the type of quarterback who can take a team in this stage of development to the next level. We need someone under center who has the ability to "make things happen" not "let things happen". This is an offense that lacks talent at critical positions - primarily the o-line. Not only can Downfield not excel under those circumstances, he will fail because he doesn't have the tools to compensate for his own shorcomings, let alone the shortcomings of his teammates.

It's time for him to do what he can to help Brodie win games in class and on the sidelines. That is the best contribution he can make - and it's a valuable one. Other quarterbacks with more far more talent have resigned themselves to the same fate and so can Downfield.

FAX

kregger
11-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think he is a team player.
It seems no-one on the Chiefs thinks of him as a team player either. He had the bench to himself. No trainers, no players, no coaches, just a towel around his neck. It really looked pathetic.

Chris Meck
11-12-2007, 02:38 PM
well, first of all, there's a game going on.

second, what exactly are you supposed to say to a guy in that situation? Probably leaving him alone is the best thing you can do.

I feel for him as a human being. That's all I'm saying.

I've been firmly in the 'play Croyle' camp all year long. I knew we were not a contender, and didn't see the point in playing Huard. We need to see if Croyle is going to be the guy or not.

Personally, I think he IS going to be the guy. I see an awful lot of talent there.

DJJasonp
11-12-2007, 03:10 PM

The way we're playing right now...Indy could take their best 11 and play both sides of the ball....and beat us 9-3.

(Herm would refer to it as a moral victory)

Rausch
11-12-2007, 03:13 PM
The way we're playing right now...Indy could take their best 11 and play both sides of the ball....and beat us 9-3.

(Herm would refer to it as a moral victory)

It would be... :shake: