PDA

View Full Version : First Time I've Had to Rant This Year. 10 Things:

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 07:04 PM
I just woke up from my post game nap, and I still feel restless and disgusted. Here's ten random thoughts from today's embarrassment:

1) I went in from the tailgate at 11:30am, and had no trouble getting in. I mean I waltzed right in. Line was not nearly as long as usual. I think the no-shows are starting, and that should be a worry for King Carl. There were noticeable sections of empty seats upstairs today.

2) There were not nearly as many Donk fans this week as Cheese Heads last week. Donk fans are not traveling to support their team nearly like in years past. Not that that bothers me. The less Denver fans in Arrowhead, the better.

3) Damon Huard is a quitter. After a shaky first half -throwing into double and triple coverage time and time again, he came out and wet his pants at the start of the second half. Pick...subsequent Donk TD.....fumble...immediate Donk TD. He went to the bench and sat out because of a sore neck. Real competitors wouldn't give up their starting spot unless they were carted off the field. Looked to me like he was content to let Brodie try to clean up the mess. Think he'll be fine holding a clipboard the rest of the way, or until our O-Line gets Brodie killed.

4) Eddie Drummond is a classless punk. He has no idea how to go north-south on a return. In the 2nd half he was late getting to a punt, picked up the ball and wobbled out of bounds on his own 10 yard line. After that, he came to the sidelines and gave the finger to fans who were giving their opinion of him. You have to ignore that razz, it comes with the job. Flipping the bird to fans is something a A-Hole player - like Jake Plummer for example - does from the sideline. Bad form.

5) Kyle Turley is another classless and clueless player. After Brodie got thrown on his head on 4th down on the final "drive," fans were giving the offense the business. Hey, no TDs in an entire home game will do that. Turley told the crowd to "Shut the F*ck up...You have no idea what's going on out there." Uh, yeah we do Kyle. You just got your ass handed to you at home by the crappiest Denver team in 20 years or more, You Shut the F*ck Up. We know exactly what's going on out there. And by the way, when we spend over a hundred bucks for ticket and parking, we can say whatever we want. And we plan to. Get used to it.

6) This O-Line today was as bad as any O-Line the Chiefs threw out there during the dark days of the 1980s. Chris Terry is awful. Welborne is awful. Kyle Turley thinks you have no idea what's gong on out there. Line them all up and shoot them now. I'm embarrassed for Brian Waters. It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to go free agent and get the hell outta here.

7) Jared Allen and Tamba Hali can't defend the cut back run. Both guys gave up huge yardage because they got pinched inside and gave up the cutback run. You think Gunther would figure that out. Denver's used cut backs and mis-direction since Shanna-Rat's been head coach. Ty Law and Patrick Surtain have both had their shelf life expire at the same time. Both guys give up a ten yard cushion on every play. We must replace both of them next year. We give up third and long way too often, and have, the whole season.

8) Herm Edwards is destroying any "Arrowhead Mystique" that may have once existed. We keep losing at home. The Jacksonville loss was bad. Green Bay loss was worse. How you could lay an egg at home against your biggest rival is beyond me. I don't think the players understand what Denver - KC game means to Chiefs fans. Losing like this, to this particular version of the Broncos, basically their JV squad, is just flat out embarrassing. Herm is as hard headed as Marty was. He just can't win enough to deflect the critics.

9) Look for more empty seats in the remaining home games. Carl is already schmoozing for 2008 season ticket sales, it was all over the jumbo tron today. Once again proving, it's all about the dollar signs.

10) If Clark Hunt doesn't make some moves in the front office in the off-season,then he'll be just as guilty as his old man of complacency. Show some stones, and do more than just ride the money carousel.

Whew...
I don't really feel that much better.
God I hate Denver.

And I think calling this the "Jayhawk Lounge" has put a terrible jinx on us.
Please change that, and right away.

L.A. Chieffan
11-11-2007, 07:07 PM
THANKS MR. SUNSHINE!

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 07:07 PM
10) If Clark Hunt doesn't make some moves in the front office in the off-season,then he'll be just as guilty as his old man of complacency. Show some stones, and do more than just ride the money carousel.

Clark didn't pour $150 million into the renovations out of his own family's pocket to see a shitty product on the field.

If the team doesn't start winning...CARL IS GONE.

The Bad Guy
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Excellent analysis. Fans know exactly what's going on out there. Kyle Turley is robbing a paycheck. I don't think Herm is destroying Arrowhead, I think an aging team, shitty drafts from 2000-2005, and poorly distributed FA dollars has hurt this team. Surtain probably will stay one more year, but Law has to go. The Chiefs have to find a way to sign Faneca from the Steelers, move McIntosh to RT and somehow get a functional LT.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
BRODIE BRODIE BRODIE

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Good points. The franchise is a complete trainwreck right now - period.

ohiochiefs@browns
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I just woke up from my post game nap, and I still feel restless and disgusted. Here's ten random thoughts from today's embarrassment:

1) I went in from the tailgate at 11:30am, and had no trouble getting in. I mean I waltzed right in. Line was not nearly as long as usual. I think the no-shows are starting, and that should be a worry for King Carl. There were noticeable sections of empty seats upstairs today.

2) There were not nearly as many Donk fans this week as Cheese Heads last week. Donk fans are not traveling to support their team nearly like in years past. Not that that bothers me. The less Denver fans in Arrowhead, the better.

3) Damon Huard is a quitter. After a shaky first half -throwing into double and triple coverage time and time again, he came out and wet his pants at the start of the second half. Pick...subsequent Donk TD.....fumble...immediate Donk TD. He went to the bench and sat out because of a sore neck. Real competitors wouldn't give up their starting spot unless they were carted off the field. Looked to me like he was content to let Brodie try to clean up the mess. Think he'll be fine holding a clipboard the rest of the way, or until our O-Line gets Brodie killed.

4) Eddie Drummond is a classless punk. He has no idea how to go north-south on a return. In the 2nd half he was late getting to a punt, picked up the ball and wobbled out of bounds on his own 10 yard line. After that, he came to the sidelines and gave the finger to fans who were giving their opinion of him. You have to ignore that razz, it comes with the job. Flipping the bird to fans is something a A-Hole player - like Jake Plummer for example - does from the sideline. Bad form.

5) Kyle Turley is another classless and clueless player. After Brodie got thrown on his head on 4th down on the final "drive," fans were giving the offense the business. Hey, no TDs in an entire home game will do that. Turley told the crowd to "Shut the F*ck up...You have no idea what's going on out there." Uh, yeah we do Kyle. You just got your ass handed to you at home by the crappiest Denver team in 20 years or more, You Shut the F*ck Up. We know exactly what's going on out there. And by the way, when we spend over a hundred bucks for ticket and parking, we can say whatever we want. And we plan to. Get used to it.

6) This O-Line today was as bad as any O-Line the Chiefs threw out there during the dark days of the 1980s. Chris Terry is awful. Welborne is awful. Kyle Turley thinks you have no idea what's gong on out there. Line them all up and shoot them now. I'm embarrassed for Brian Waters. It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to go free agent and get the hell outta here.

7) Jared Allen and Tamba Hali can't defend the cut back run. Both guys gave up huge yardage because they got pinched inside and gave up the cutback run. You think Gunther would figure that out. Denver's used cut backs and mis-direction since Shanna-Rat's been head coach. Ty Law and Patrick Surtain have both had their shelf life expire at the same time. Both guys give up a ten yard cushion on every play. We must replace both of them next year. We give up third and long way too often, and have, the whole season.

8) Herm Edwards is destroying any "Arrowhead Mystique" that may have once existed. We keep losing at home. The Jacksonville loss was bad. Green Bay loss was worse. How you could lay an egg at home against your biggest rival is beyond me. I don't think the players understand what Denver - KC game means to Chiefs fans. Losing like this, to this particular version of the Broncos, basically their JV squad, is just flat out embarrassing. Herm is as hard headed as Marty was. He just can't win enough to deflect the critics.

9) Look for more empty seats in the remaining home games. Carl is already schmoozing for 2008 season ticket sales, it was all over the jumbo tron today. Once again proving, it's all about the dollar signs.

Whew...
God I hate Denver.

Please change that, and right away.boycott,dont go to home games thats the only way the front office will take notice,untill then thy dont care there still making money off the pissed off fans.

Valiant
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
I like how players love the praise of fans when they do something good, but Turley and others can't take the heat when they are sucking it up..

It sad that I picked Denver to win this game.. because I knew there would be a letdown this game.. Herm defiantly is building this team to be the greatest 8-8 team ever...

DeezNutz
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Very interesting points regarding Drummond and Turley. This shouldn't be happening. Obviously you have seats directly behind the Chiefs' bench?

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Blowfish, are you a season ticket holder? You ought to send a message to the front office and tell them you didn't appreciate the way you were treated by Drummond and Turley.

FAX
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow. Great analysis, Mr. gblowfish, but sad to hear about Drummond and What's His Name. Very sad.

Herm needs to put those two players right in his tolerance box.

FAX

Deberg_1990
11-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Blowfish, are you a season ticket holder? You ought to send a message to the front office and tell them you didn't appreciate the way you were treated by Drummond and Turley.

They will get the message when they are shown the door in Jan.

DeezNutz
11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Wow. Great analysis, Mr. gblowfish, but sad to hear about Drummond and What's His Name. Very sad.

Herm needs to put those two players right in his tolerance box.

FAX

Better yet, find an actual box, not the metaphorical kind that Herm talks about and my buddies in college used to dream of, place Drummond and Turley's gear in it, and leave it outside of 1 Arrowhead Drive.

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Very interesting points regarding Drummond and Turley. This shouldn't be happening. Obviously you have seats directly behind the Chiefs' bench?
Yep. Sec 119, Row 1, 49 yard line.
Attached is a shot from a couple years ago. The older bald guy lower center is Willie Lanier.

I see and hear a lot down there. I can also tell who give's a rat's ass and who doesn't.

Today about the only guys who looked like the really gave a rat's ass were Allen, Edwards, DJ, Pollard and Wesley on Defense,

Priest Holmes on offense.

That's probably not an objective assessment. I'm still pissed off.

StcChief
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I agree this is amateur hour here.
It's a Chiefs BB. no business with any college name.

DeezNutz
11-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Yep. Sec 119, Row 1, 49 yard line.
Attached is a shot from a couple years ago. The older bald guy lower center is Willie Lanier.

I see and hear a lot down there. I can also tell who give's a rat's ass and who doesn't.

Today about the only guys who looked like the really gave a rat's ass were Allen, Edwards, DJ, Pollard and Wesley on Defense,

That's probably not an objective assessment. I'm still pissed off.

Very cool. How often do you get/see reactions from players directed at the crowd? I was of the understanding that this would be a rare occurrence, no?

Deberg_1990
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM

Thats pretty harsh George...I dont like him either, but damn...

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Thats pretty harsh George...I dont like him either, but damn...
Steve DeBerg played for a month with a steel rod holding his shattered pinkie together.

Huard got knocked woozy and had a sore neck.

IMHO, he was having an awful day. Really awful. And he didn't seem to put up much of a fuss about sitting out the second half. At the end of the game he was upright, wearing his baseball cap, chatting it up with other players.

Perhaps it was the coaches that decided they'd seen enough today.

All I'm saying is he didn't seem too broken up about not being allowed to go back in.

BTW: Another player who gave good effort today was Bowe. That kid could be the next Otis Taylor if they just throw him the damn ball.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Steve DeBerg played for a month with a steel rod holding his shattered pinkie together.

Huard got knocked woozy and had a sore neck.

IMHO, he was having an awful day. Really awful. And he didn't seem to put up much of a fuss about sitting out the second half. At the end of the game he was upright, wearing his baseball cap, chatting it up with other players.

Perhaps it was the coaches that decided they'd seen enough today.

All I'm saying is he didn't seem too broken up about not being allowed to go back in.

BTW: Another player who gave good effort today was Bowe. That kid could be the next Otis Taylor if they just throw him the damn ball.

Your probably right. His demeanor did seem to have a defeated look about it.

Hes known the whole year that hes been on borrowed time. Hes beat up, and probably finally figured "oh hell, F*** it"

Demonpenz
11-11-2007, 07:50 PM

Whew...
God I hate Denver.

Sucks

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Can't really blame him.

Pinata done got busted wide open.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6858/istockphoto639560piatawgn5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

StcChief
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
quote=gblowfish]BTW: Another player who gave good effort today was Bowe. That kid could be the next Otis Taylor if they just throw him the damn ball.[/quote]
our comment as well with Chiefs fans in Wentville. watching on small screen with Lambs on bigscreen.

FAX
11-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I think I've found the cure for a miserable loss at Arrowhead. Homemade Cherry Pie A La Mode.

2 Cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups Crisco (maybe just a little more)

Mix. Add very cold water until you have some semi-glommy dough. Roll out two chunks of dough flat.

2 cans pie cherries
3/4 cup juce from cherries
A couple of drops almond extract
1 cup sugar

Mix. Place in pie pan in between two rolled-out dough gloms. Seal edges. Stab top. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes. Add Vanilla Bean ice cream. Eat.

Makes you feel tons better.

FAX

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I think I've found the cure for a miserable loss at Arrowhead. Homemade Cherry Pie A La Mode.

2 Cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups Crisco (maybe just a little more)

Mix. Add very cold water until you have some semi-glommy dough. Roll out two chunks of dough flat.

2 cans pie cherries
3/4 cup juce from cherries
A couple of drops almond extract
1 cup sugar

Mix. Place in pie pan in between two rolled-out dough gloms. Seal edges. Stab top. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes. Add Vanilla Bean ice cream. Eat.

Makes you feel tons better.

FAX

My wife bought some brownies at the church bake sale tonight. Brought them home to me.

I've gone from being really mad now to being full of brownies, sleepy, and still mad. Just not quite as mad. It'll be Tuesday or Wednesday before I'm OK again.

jjjayb
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Today wasn't the first game Huard quit.

FAX
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
My wife bought some brownies at the church bake sale tonight. Brought them home to me.

I've gone from being really mad now to being full of brownies, sleepy, and still mad. Just not quite as mad. It'll be Tuesday or Wednesday before I'm OK again.

This was a tough one, no question, Mr. gblowfish. Our awesome home field advantage has all but disappeared. But, the most disturbing thing about your report was that some of the players on the sideline were indicating their heads weren't in the game.

That's disappointing.

FAX

KCTitus
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
after this year, only two more years of Carl Peterson...There wont be any front office changes between now and then. Period. Accept that and just be happy it's only 2 more years.

I just hope whoever arrives improves the situation.

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Our awesome home field advantage has all but disappeared. But, the most disturbing thing about your report was that some of the players on the sideline were indicating their heads weren't in the game.

That's disappointing.

FAX

When you give up 14 points in 9 seconds, that can affect focus, no doubt.
Problem was, once they got down, defense couldn't stop the scoring. If we could have pitched a shutout after those two scores, we might have got back into the game.

Also, it seemed to be one of those days. Elam doinks a 50 yarder off the cross bar and it goes through, Rayner pulls off wide on a 53-yarder. If he hits that kick, we get some momentum.

Just seemed like after the first drive in the fourth quarter failed, the team saw the handwriting on the wall.

Last time I saw a player give the crowd the finger was Irv Eatman back in the Mid 1980s. Chiefs players just don't do that kind of thing. Very few players even acknowledge the crowd.

Current players who will talk to you are Bowe, Boomer, Donnie Edwards and Pollard. Priest and LJ are always pretty much in their own world. I was shocked that Drummond would do that. Somebody needs to pull him aside and tell him guys on the Donks and Raiders act like that. Chiefs players should have more class, even on a bad day like today. If you don't like what the fans are yelling at you, go out there and do something to change their minds.

FAX
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I agree completely, Mr. gblowfish. Drummond needs to realize that he's a Chief now and we conduct ourselves like professionals win or lose.

We should take it upon ourselves to give him a lesson in class and cover him with fresh buffalo poo, douse him with lighter fluid, and set his ass on fire.

FAX

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 09:06 PM
I agree completely, Mr. gblowfish. Drummond needs to realize that he's a Chief now and we conduct ourselves like professionals win or lose.

We should take it upon ourselves to give him a lesson in class and cover him with fresh buffalo poo, douse him with lighter fluid, and set his ass on fire.

FAX

Yes, while taunting him in French!

Eleazar
11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
We should all email the team about Eddie Drummond. Flipping fans off is classless... not to mention, this guy is a talentless buffoon who is stealing his pay.

dirk digler
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
We should all email the team about Eddie Drummond. Flipping fans off is classless... not to mention, this guy is a talentless buffoon who is stealing his pay.

I agree. I am hoping someone took a picture of that like what happened to Plummer

Alec R
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
FWIW as a "Donk" fan I do see some good talent in KC,.

Your DJ is way better than our DJ, thats for certain and while Jared Allen is drunken punk, he is a fantastic DE that cant gaurd the cutback run. Great pass rushing guy, decent enough against runs up the middle but I thought foolish in overpursuit more often than not.

And Wesley guy, whats his name, the one that put that nasty hit on Andre Hall, I think he is a fine player.

Croyle didnt look that bad considering he probably hasnt gotten more than 30% of the snaps in practice or so.

gblowfish
11-11-2007, 09:38 PM
And Wesley guy, whats his name, the one that put that nasty hit on Andre Hall, I think he is a fine player.
We'll trade him to you for Champ Bailey or Dre Bly.

Reerun_KC
11-11-2007, 09:39 PM
We'll trade him to you for Champ Bailey or Dre Bly.
Wesley gave up the last TD....

BigChiefFan
11-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Great post, fish.

jth1331
11-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Just curious, what does everyone think of the nutcracker hit on Brandon Marshall and if it was intentional or not?

KCJohnny
11-11-2007, 10:58 PM
I think Herm has his work cut out for him as the wheels are in danger of coming off if he can't stop the hemmoraging NOW. This offense is actually getting worse as the season goes on. Bad omen.

Lonewolf Ed
11-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Just curious, what does everyone think of the nut"The Man" hit on Brandon Marshall and if it was intentional or not?

It is tough to call... was he trying to punch the football out, and the guy didn't tuck it and then *crack!* and down he goes? I hope it was not on purpose, because that is a punk play I'd expect from a Raider.

listopencil
11-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Hey, now. Steve DeBerg was a badass. Very much under-rated. I'd say both of our teams are piss poor right now. At times it looked like two schools for the blind had set out their freshmen teams for a preseason exhibition match. When KC had the ball and we were on D it was like a bad zombie movie. Animated corpses milling about, unsure of what they should be doing or even what side they were on. I'll say that Croyle looked decent today, though. He was flashing some pretty good arm strength out there. But his motion is a bit funky. Like a cracking whip. He'll be interesting to watch.

Fairplay
11-12-2007, 12:05 AM
5) Kyle Turley is another classless and clueless player. Turley told the crowd to "Shut the F*ck up...You have no idea what's going on out there."

I wonder what Turley thinks is going on out there?

Mecca
11-12-2007, 12:35 AM
No offense or anything but Drummond sucking has a lot to do with how bad the Chiefs special teams is.

There's a reason why 2 different guys have returned in 2 seasons now and they were both awful at it.

kcxiv
11-12-2007, 12:38 AM
The sad thing is that every other team in the AFC West think that KC is nothing but a joke. They havent done anything so for so long we just get laughed at.

kcxiv
11-12-2007, 12:44 AM
I think Herm has his work cut out for him as the wheels are in danger of coming off if he can't stop the hemmoraging NOW. This offense is actually getting worse as the season goes on. Bad omen.
Its just as bad as it has always been. I dont think you can get worse. There is only 1 way to go and that is up. We have sucked that bad all year.

Demonpenz
11-12-2007, 12:47 AM
we were the laughing stock before the season. I don't think any national media would think we would have 4 wins right now.

CoMoChief
11-12-2007, 02:38 AM
Clark didn't pour $150 million into the renovations out of his own family's pocket to see a shitty product on the field.

If the team doesn't start winning...CARL IS GONE.
6-7 wins has always kept fans hoping because we are usually in it until the last couple weeks. This is a reason Carl has kept his job for so long.

Third Eye
11-12-2007, 05:01 AM
6-7 wins has always kept fans hoping because we are usually in it until the last couple weeks. This is a reason Carl has kept his job for so long.
we havent had only 6 wins in about 20 years

Mecca
11-12-2007, 05:49 AM
we havent had only 6 wins in about 20 years

Actually 6-10 was the record in Vermiel's first year...it got us the coveted spot to draft Ryan Sims.

The Bad Guy
11-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Actually 6-10 was the record in Vermiel's first year...it got us the coveted spot to draft Ryan Sims.

I hope this team loses from here on out, gets Brodie some experience and puts itself in position to draft an OT.

Go out and give Faneca what he wants. Look into Lilja.

Lastly, find an offensive line coach, or demote Solari back to there and find a true OC.

The Bad Guy
11-12-2007, 08:20 AM
No offense or anything but Drummond sucking has a lot to do with how bad the Chiefs special teams is.

There's a reason why 2 different guys have returned in 2 seasons now and they were both awful at it.

Agreed. The schemes are horrible. The blocking is pure garbage.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 08:23 AM
The Chiefs even playing poorly with Croyle starting probably have 2 more wins on the schedule, I don't see how they can lose to the Raiders or the Jets, that Jets team is so bad.

Extra Point
11-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Solari won't be invited back next year. Talking Can has it right. The "Youth Movement" Bus with an out-of-time engine will be rolling over a lot of our current personnel, for the sake of having at least another two years of Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards, and Dick Curl.

Easy 6
11-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Drummond & Turley will find their DUMBASSES in the unemployment line soon enough anyway.

Zouk
11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
I hope this team loses from here on out, gets Brodie some experience and puts itself in position to draft an OT.

Go out and give Faneca what he wants. Look into Lilja.

Lastly, find an offensive line coach, or demote Solari back to there and find a true OC.

Faneca and Lilja both play the same position as Waters. You don't give a guy $50 million and then ask him to learn new technique by switching sides. At least I hope you don't. We've never seen either of them play on the right side.

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 09:16 AM
I'd shitcan the entire lot, including Carl. I'd hire Floyd Reece to GM and give Bill Cowher whatever he wants to come back and coach the Chiefs. There's no accountbilty at the top and it flows downhill to the players. It's time for Carl to fall on his sword.

gblowfish
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
You can bet your ass that even if the Chiefs are 6-8, King Carl will send out letters schmoozing for playoff money, until we are mathematically eliminated.

Think about this:

Let's say that 60,000 of the seats are season tickets. Let's say the playoff package, which is two seats, are $150 for the first game, and $175 for the second. That's $325. Let's say 50% of the season ticket holders send in playoff money on the outside chance the Chiefs get a home playoff game.

That's $325 x 30,000 = $9.75 million dollars.

I wonder how much interest the Chiefs will make on that from December of 2007 to July of 2008?

If it's 5%, that's $487,500. Almost half a million dollars.

Wonder what King Carl's commission is on that?

It's a shame I've got to be thinking about crap like this on a Monday Morning.

The other thing I'm thinking is....

If we're $13 million under the cap,
Can we buy a tackle and a corner in free agency,

Then draft a corner, a guard, another corner, and a fullback, and get guys who can play?

We've got holes everywhere.

We also need a kicker. Rayner isn't going to cut it.
Who's kicking for UCLA this year.....

Kidding, I'm kidding.

Brock
11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
This just goes to show you what poor drafting does to a team. Denver is in the same boat, really.

Zouk
11-12-2007, 09:27 AM
This just goes to show you what poor drafting does to a team. Denver is in the same boat, really.

I agree. Which is why I don't think this is on Herm. Our talent level is horrible right now because of how Vermeil and his staff left it. Horrible drafting, over-reliance on old players, and terrible big money free agent signings. Only 3 good young players (LJ, Allen, DJ) on the team when he left. It'll take 1 more offseason to get to respectable talent, and 2 more offseasons to get to contender-level talent.

I think the Chiefs have less good young players right now than, for example, the 1-8 Jets.

REDHOTGTO
11-12-2007, 09:31 AM
"boycott,dont go to home games thats the only way the front office will take notice,untill then thy dont care there still making money off the pissed off fans"

i feel exactly the same way you do man, i let my season ticks go and only bought this game because i love to watch them kick denver !!! well needless to say i left halfway through the 4th qtr, and i have only done that once in 13yrs of having tickets.
i'm really glad i did not waste my 1300.00 this year and 1000.00 in gas to get there. i think a lot more will be following me out the gate and not bothering to return for every game, maybe once a year for old times sake of a good tailgate party !

WEIRDWOLF
11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
George...you hit the nail on the head.

dirk digler
11-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I agree. Which is why I don't think this is on Herm. Our talent level is horrible right now because of how Vermeil and his staff left it. Horrible drafting, over-reliance on old players, and terrible big money free agent signings. Only 3 good young players (LJ, Allen, DJ) on the team when he left. It'll take 1 more offseason to get to respectable talent, and 2 more offseasons to get to contender-level talent.

I think the Chiefs have less good young players right now than, for example, the 1-8 Jets.

Don't blame it on DV, CP was the one that signed off on all of those.

He is the problem and no one else.

Zouk
11-12-2007, 09:59 AM

Yeah, him too.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Agreed. He is the one constant throughout 4 head coach administrations now.

Its time for him to go. Hes more than had his chance, and to be fair, he did rebuild this franchise back from the dregs of the 80's.

But its time...Hopefully even Clark can see this...

Coach
11-12-2007, 10:10 AM
after this year, only two more years of Carl Peterson...There wont be any front office changes between now and then. Period. Accept that and just be happy it's only 2 more years.

I just hope whoever arrives improves the situation.

I do wonder what is the general thought around here about Denny Thum.

Coach
11-12-2007, 10:12 AM
The Chiefs even playing poorly with Croyle starting probably have 2 more wins on the schedule, I don't see how they can lose to the Raiders or the Jets, that Jets team is so bad.

So was this Bronco team as well, before we got our asses kicked by their Junior Varsity team.

Not to mention that the Chiefs haven't been playing very well, or have been lucky aganist the Raiders. One of those days, that luck will come to an end, eventually.

ROYC75
11-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Let's face it, we haven't been the same since marty has left. With that being said, Marty had lost the team and the fire, CP didn't see this as he doesn't see the problem now.

Titus is right, CP isn't leaving and KC has 2 more years of this crap.

ROYC75
11-12-2007, 10:18 AM

Nope .... Time for some new blood at 1 Arrowhead Dr.

FAX
11-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I'd shitcan the entire lot, including Carl. I'd hire Floyd Reece to GM and give Bill Cowher whatever he wants to come back and coach the Chiefs. There's no accountbilty at the top and it flows downhill to the players. It's time for Carl to fall on his sword.

Yepperooskis.

FAX

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 10:21 AM

Top to bottom.

Hell bring in Parcells and let him shop for the groceries and cook the dinner.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2007, 10:25 AM

If he is running the business side of it I would be happy. He is one of the NFL's best at that.

TEX
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM

We could be so lucky...

BTW - my choice for GM would be Jeff Diamond.

•Jeff Diamond served as team president of the Tennessee Titans from 1999 to 2004. During his tenure with the team, the Titans had an NFL-best regular season record of 56-24, reached the playoffs four times in the five years and won the AFC Championship and played in Super Bowl XXXIV in the 1999 season. Prior to joining the Titans, Diamond spent 23 years with the Minnesota Vikings, rising to serve as team senior vice president. In 1999, The Sporting News named him the NFL's Executive of the Year.

TEX
11-12-2007, 10:29 AM

Problem is that we're stuck with Carl and Herm for two more years. Count on it. :banghead:

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Problem is that we're stuck with Carl and Herm for two more years. Count on it. :banghead:

The only counting I want to see is Clark counting the number of empty seats,if that doesn't motivate him to make some changes then all I can say is welcome back to the 80's

TEX
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM
The only counting I want to see is Clark counting the number of empty seats,if that doesn't motivate him to make some changes then all I can say is welcome back to the 80's

Well Gun got the boot after only 2 years, but Carl wasn't married to him contract wise the way he is to Herm. His contract expires same time Herm's does so I can see Clark Hunt letting them both ride off into the sunset together. Unless Carl starts to distance himself from Herm, so that he might be able to get another deal. :hmmm:

Who really cares anymore? I'm just gonna sit back and let it all happen because there is nothing else I can do. Shoot, I rarely watch Chiefs games anymore, unless they're on network TV in Houston. And I haven't been to ARROWHEAD since Herm was named HC and I won't return until he's gone. I've got better things to do with my life and money. This place is mostly my "Chiefs Experience."

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Who really cares anymore? I'm just gonna sit back and let it all happen because there is nothing else I can do. Shoot, I rarely watch Chiefs games anymore, unless they're on network TV in Houston. And I haven't been to ARROWHEAD since Herm was named HC and I won't return until he's gone. I've got better things to do with my life and money. This place is mostly my "Chiefs Experience."

yeah,I had my meltdown/rant a couple of years ago on this very board,it was the day I said fock it they can have my tickets back etc.Since then I still watch and follow through the media but unless it's a special day of entertaining friends etc. I rarely go to a game.

Plus having the gameroom it's nice to be able to put KC on a small tv and switch over to Pitt/Clev like I did yesterday.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Agree, the ties need severed.... Sick of Carl and his cronies...

Total house cleaning....

gblowfish
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
In just browsing through the posts this morning I've seen suggested:

1) We bench Huard for the rest of the year
2) We play Brodie until he implodes, then bench him for the rest of the year.
3) We play Thigpen until he implodes, then bench him for the rest of the year.
4) OC must go.
5) DC must go.
6) Special teams coach must go.
7) Herm must go.
8) King Carl must go.
9) Clark Hunt is asleep at the switch.
10) Fire everyone.
11) Boycott the games.
12) Keep about 12 players from the current team, cut everyone else.

Sigh.

I hate losing to Denver.

Can we go back to calling this "Panic Planet?"

xbarretx
11-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Whew...
God I hate Denver.

well played sir

TEX
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
yeah,I had my meltdown/rant a couple of years ago on this very board,it was the day I said fock it they can have my tickets back etc.Since then I still watch and follow through the media but unless it's a special day of entertaining friends etc. I rarely go to a game.

Plus having the gameroom it's nice to be able to put KC on a small tv and switch over to Pitt/Clev like I did yesterday.

LOL! I do that too. I have a small TV and a big flat panel on the wall in my gameroom. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do - right? :p

Rooster
11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
We were at the game as well, it was pathetic. At least they gave us bread when we drove in.

FAX
11-12-2007, 11:14 AM
The doom train is back in business, apparently. Next stop, Indy!!!

I think we should just put on some tunes and have pie.

FAX

Paul Palmer
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Whoever runs this website must be from the burbs rather than KCMO...the city of Kansas City is in Missouri...like the Missouri Tigers...change the name of the Lounge back to a neutral or pro-KCMO name...

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM

4) OC must go.
5) DC must go.
7) Herm must go.
8) King Carl must go.
10) Fire everyone.
11) Boycott the games.

Sigh.

I hate losing to Denver.

19 years have taken their toll on me. Denver's team sucks ass this year and they beat our asses at home. I'm definitely losing patience and frustrated with all of the excuses Carl has been allowed.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 11:46 AM
The doom train is back in business, apparently. Next stop, Indy!!!

I think we should just put on some tunes and have pie.

FAX
I love good pie.
http://www.peterpost.net/art/gumby.jpg

Direckshun
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM

Dude, I was sitting in row 37 of section 304 and I could have given you the same assessment.

You could tell the Chiefs just didn't bring any heart today. Holmes ran as hard as he could, Edwards and DJ created as much problems as they could, and Wesley showed the Chiefs-Broncos intensity that the rest of the team lacked. Allen was up, too, but that's pretty much a constant with him.

The rest of the team just showed nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Worst game I have ever attended.

By the way -- you should have one of these posts after every home game, I'd love more of a feel of how things are in row 1 right behind the Chiefs' bench.

gblowfish
11-12-2007, 03:33 PM
By the way -- you should have one of these posts after every home game, I'd love more of a feel of how things are in row 1 right behind the Chiefs' bench.

If I have to rant like this for eight more weeks I'll drop dead!

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM

4) OC must go.
5) DC must go.
7) Herm must go.
8) King Carl must go.
10) Fire everyone.
11) Boycott the games.

Sigh.

I hate losing to Denver.

ROFL

bigbucks24
11-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Its just as bad as it has always been. I dont think you can get worse. There is only 1 way to go and that is up. We have sucked that bad all year.
It could be worse. You could be a Dolphin fan :banghead: And you could have traded a fifth round pick (a VERY high fifth round pick) for a QB that won't play for at least the rest of the season. :deevee:

I am not surprised at your reaction to DMac. He was ok for us last year. And I think that is what he has been for you. OK. Not good, just ok. I saw a lot of people really excited to see him here at the beginning of the season and thought you might be disappointed. Even if he was our starting LT, he was starting for one of the worst Olines in the NFL. And no surprise about Huard. We always thought he'd be a good back-up. And Surtain was old a couple of years ago.

Bue like I said, you could be in our shoes. Gonna be more house cleaning in Miami. Hey, but were in first place in the race for the #1 draft pick.

Demonpenz
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Can we please have new staduim music too. good lord. Start me up hasn't been cool since windows 95 used it for it's theme song

BIG_DADDY
11-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Herm sucks ass and ownership is clueless right now. Good players are going to start treating this team like the great plague if top to bottom changes are not made at the end of the season.

CupidStunt
11-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Croyle will be the first quarterback drafted by Kansas City to start a game for the Chiefs since Todd Blackledge, who was drafted in 1983.

Pathetic. That's my rant!