PDA

View Full Version : My experience in KC

Crashride
11-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Ive been looking foward to the trip for two years and finally made it happen. Some things I noticed...

1. Didnt seem like there was much to KC, but I like it.
2. **** raytown and its lack of creativity in naming schools! I was dying to play ball with some planeteers, and came to find out they were at raytown south while I was at raytown....
3. Jack Stack's bbq is money, good suggestion guys.
4. You dont realize how bad Huard is until you see him in person. People were wide open and he wasnt making the right reads.
5. Brodie brought a spark but I think he sucks too.
6. D. Bowe is amazing.
7. Arrowhead STILL has an amazing energy to it. Until you go to a lifeless Bucs game you dont appreciate it. But if arrowhead has "lost" some of it, I hope it finds it again because I was still blown away.
8. KC fans are awesome. Everywhere I go, I mean EVERYWHERE, people are sporting some sort of Chiefs merch.
9. Bernard Pollard has got "it."
10. Jesus you have to pay attention on those highways. If you dont watch what lane your in at all times youll end up in the middle of NOWHERE. You got 29 that turns into 71, then 71 that turns in 70, then a 435 somewhere.

Besides for missing the flag football game which im REALLY bummed about, and showing up to late to the stadium to tailgate, I loved it and ill be back soon for sure. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!

SPchief
11-12-2007, 12:03 AM
It's kind of difficult to miss Raytown South if you are coming in on the highway.

luv
11-12-2007, 12:04 AM
435 isn't so bad once you get used to it. :p

It took me a few times going up there to get them all straight.

Crashride
11-12-2007, 12:12 AM
It's kind of difficult to miss Raytown South if you are coming in on the highway.

I was at raytown high and it had 3 football fields but no one was on either of them. it was on blue ridge rd and 59th. Its safe to say its rare to have schools with such similar names...

SPchief
11-12-2007, 12:39 AM
I was at raytown high and it had 3 football fields but no one was on either of them. it was on blue ridge rd and 59th. Its safe to say its rare to have schools with such similar names...

Here in KC it's pretty common. Just to name a few

Raytown/Raysouth

Blue Valley, North, South

Shawnee Mission East, South, North, West, Northwest

Olathe East, South, North

Lawrence, Lawrence Freestate

Crashride
11-12-2007, 12:49 AM

Raytown/Raysouth

Gotcha. Its one of those things I had to learn the hardway lol. Well at least I have a decent understanding of how to get around there now. phobia did say raytown south I just bypassed the south part thinking raytown high is gonna be raytown high no matter what.

One thing I forgot to put on that list I made was...I didnt see where people were buying those broncos suck towels. I wanted one so bad but had to leave fast to catch the plane at KC airport.

wutamess
11-12-2007, 12:58 AM

Raytown/Raysouth

You forgot:
Blue Springs/Blue Springs South
Lee's Summit/ Lee's Summit North/ Lee's Summit West & I think they're building another one.

wutamess
11-12-2007, 01:03 AM
FTR: You eally do suck for not making the football game.
We played til it got dark.

SPchief
11-12-2007, 01:04 AM
You forgot:
Lee's Summit/ Lee's Summit North/ Lee's Summit West & I think they're building another one.

I was just naming the ones that I knew. I grew up over in Kansas, so I'm more familiar with those schools. I also think that there is a new Olathe school, but I don't know for sure.

TJR1486
11-12-2007, 01:09 AM
I was just naming the ones that I knew. I grew up over in Kansas, so I'm more familiar with those schools. I also think that there is a new Olathe school, but I don't know for sure.

There is its called Olathe Northwest opened for the 03-04 school year

luv
11-12-2007, 01:12 AM
There are five public high schools in Springfield. Central, Glendale, Hillcrest, Kickapoo, and Parkview. The closet to being named for the city is Springfield Catholic.

teedubya
11-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Kansas City is home to a bunch of mediocrity pretty much all around. But, I love this place.

Crashride
11-12-2007, 10:00 AM
FTR: You eally do suck for not making the football game.
We played til it got dark.

Dude dont rub it in :deevee: I was looking foward to that and meeting some of you guys more than going to the game. My mistake was not getting a phone number from someone who was gonna play football.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Dude dont rub it in :deevee: I was looking foward to that and meeting some of you guys more than going to the game. My mistake was not getting a phone number from someone who was gonna play football.
and the excuse for not making the tailgate is?:hmmm:

Crashride
11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
and the excuse for not making the tailgate is?:hmmm:

I somehow missed the blue ridge exit while on I70 E and ended up in the middle of no where :( :( :( :deevee: We turned around then got back on track and got to our seats in time for the anthem. Which Im thoughouly disapointed about. :grovel: Forgive?

Phobia
11-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm guessing the dude didn't even come to KC this weekend. He's just messing with us.

kcchiefsus
11-12-2007, 03:34 PM
You forgot:

Park Hill/Park Hill South

Crashride
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm guessing the dude didn't even come to KC this weekend. He's just messing with us.

lol ill post pics...ya bastard :) I knew that one was coming

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2007, 07:07 PM
I somehow missed the blue ridge exit while on I70 E and ended up in the middle of no where :( :( :( :deevee: We turned around then got back on track and got to our seats in time for the anthem. Which Im thoughouly disapointed about. :grovel: Forgive?

Let me guess you didnt like the Home of the Chiefs part.

Phobia
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
http://www.ogletreedeakins.com/uploads/offices/Kansas%20City.jpg

Phobia
11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
http://www.pictureninja.com/pages/united-states/missouri/kansas-city-downtown.JPG

Bob Dole
11-12-2007, 07:53 PM
There are five public high schools in Springfield. Central, Glendale, Hillcrest, Kickapoo, and Parkview. The closet to being named for the city is Springfield Catholic.

That makes it a lot easier. When you get to the center of Springfield, just turn Kickapoo and drive until you run into it.

Makes a whole lot more sense than a cardinal direction.

SPchief
11-12-2007, 07:59 PM
That makes it a lot easier. When you get to the center of Springfield, just turn Kickapoo and drive until you run into it.

Makes a whole lot more sense than a cardinal direction.

LMAO

SPchief
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
http://www.ogletreedeakins.com/uploads/offices/Kansas%20City.jpg

How did you get a copy of the photo I took?

Crashride
11-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Let me guess you didnt like the Home of the Chiefs part.

lol actually that was what I was looking foward to the most during the entire game