PDA

View Full Version : Will the superfans ever throw in the towl?

Demonpenz
11-12-2007, 12:40 AM
To the FDE's, the wierdwolfs, the dude who has a giant arrowhead tatooed on the back of his head, are any of you going to ever throw in the towl on this franchise. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself if it is even worth it. Today i went to work to do some overtime instead of watching the game. I live for chiefs football and sundays but these last couple years I have just supported them because I love the city.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Stevie will tell us we are bad fans here at some point.

Demonpenz
11-12-2007, 12:53 AM
After watching huard get smoked and our defense getting burned I saw those fans yelling and still dressed up all I could think of is how dumb those people are for supporting this franchise. It was almost like watching thelma and louese for the second time and yelling at the TV "Just turn your self into the cops" You knew they were just going to drive off the cliff in the end.

Crashride
11-12-2007, 12:54 AM
No because you can never forget the main reason for likeing the chiefs....were fans of football. Its our get away. Its americas sport, its the reason NOT to work overtime and go out and have fun. Its better to win :) but dont forget you go to cheer and have fun with your friends and talk some shit.

blueballs
11-12-2007, 12:55 AM
I bought a Carl Peterson Fathead poster

MadMax
11-12-2007, 12:56 AM

You are and so am I " I'm all shook up "

Mecca
11-12-2007, 12:58 AM
You are and so am I " I'm all shook up "

That made me laugh LOL.

If you wanna keep supporting the team that is your call and your money. But at the same time I don't think you can say anything about someone who decides not to. I don't think that makes you a fairweather fan or anything like that.

Tickets are expensive, if the Chiefs are going to field an not entertaining sub par shitty product, why should you pay to watch it?

Logical
11-12-2007, 01:14 AM

I really doubt it, I have seen Stevie be critical of the Chiefs.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 01:18 AM

It was more sarcasm than a real statement.

MadMax
11-12-2007, 01:33 AM

I like Stevie :) I also think he is a lil homerish (which i can understand ) I'm also old,stubborn and bitter :p

WEIRDWOLF
11-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I am a diehard Chiefs fan regardless of facepaint or no facepaint. As most of you know, I have put Weirdwolf away for this year and maybe for good. That choice had to do with personal issues rather then football issues.

I have to say though that my feelings over a loss or a win for that matter are muted. I use to get way up and way down and now my recovery time from either is under a hour where before I would be upset or excited for a day or more.

I have reached a state of apathy for the NFL in general (home games in other countries-take the Superbowl out of the US and I am done with it). As for the Chiefs, they are my team and always will be but I will criticize them when they need it. They need it....! At the end of this season, it is time for Clark Hunt to clean house top to bottom, from Carl down to every person that has any decision making as to the direction of the Chiefs. The idea that this is a busness over a game is great for making money for the already rich but does nothing for the average fan. My homerism is over. I have watched this team since 1971, every year waiting for them to make it to the big game (don't want to infringe on the word Su;;;bowl...another example of what is wrong with this game) Being a good or great fan doesn't mean blind homerism. A good fan criticizes when they see something wrong with the team they love.

The current administration in the Chiefs has ruined the team and they need to be removed. As for the NFL in general, they need to focus on the fan that is here and stop trying to create a market (just more money for them, less home games for us...Football does not need to be the world's top sport) outside of this country.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 09:17 AM
That made me laugh LOL.

If you wanna keep supporting the team that is your call and your money. But at the same time I don't think you can say anything about someone who decides not to. I don't think that makes you a fairweather fan or anything like that.

Tickets are expensive, if the Chiefs are going to field an not entertaining sub par shitty product, why should you pay to watch it?

Ditto.

I would never try and tell anyone else how to spend their money. Thats their business.

gblowfish
11-12-2007, 09:26 AM
I am a diehard Chiefs fan regardless of facepaint or no facepaint. As most of you know, I have put Weirdwolf away for this year and maybe for good. That choice had to do with personal issues rather then football issues.

I have to say though that my feelings over a loss or a win for that matter are muted. I use to get way up and way down and now my recovery time from either is under a hour where before I would be upset or excited for a day or more.

I have reached a state of apathy for the NFL in general (home games in other countries-take the Superbowl out of the US and I am done with it). As for the Chiefs, they are my team and always will be but I will criticize them when they need it. They need it....! At the end of this season, it is time for Clark Hunt to clean house top to bottom, from Carl down to every person that has any decision making as to the direction of the Chiefs. The idea that this is a busness over a game is great for making money for the already rich but does nothing for the average fan. My homerism is over. I have watched this team since 1971, every year waiting for them to make it to the big game (don't want to infringe on the word Su;;;bowl...another example of what is wrong with this game) Being a good or great fan doesn't mean blind homerism. A good fan criticizes when they see something wrong with the team they love.

The current administration in the Chiefs has ruined the team and they need to be removed. As for the NFL in general, they need to focus on the fan that is here and stop trying to create a market (just more money for them, less home games for us...Football does not need to be the world's top sport) outside of this country.

Well said.

As each year passes, I get this unsettling feeling that the Hunt family sees the Chiefs as just one of their corporate holdings. It's purely business. It's nostalgic, but not personal, if that makes sense. As long as the corporation stays profitable, they have a comfort zone.

The team literally has not shown an urgency to try to win since we brought in Marcus Allen and Joe Montana. We got one game away from a Super Bowl, but that was 14 years ago.

14 years.

No fans have been as patient as Chiefs fans. And none more deserving of a Championship season.

We are, truly, the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

siberian khatru
11-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Stevie's been pretty down on the team the last 2 years.

I don't know if he's checked in yet from yesterday, but I'd really like to see his mood now.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
No fans have been as patient as Chiefs fans. And none more deserving of a Championship season.

Sometimes i wonder if the Chiefs really deserve such loyal and devoted fans? If you stop and think about it, they really dont. As you mentioned, its all just a business with no real urgency to win it all.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
As for the Chiefs, they are my team and always will be but I will criticize them when they need it. They need it....! At the end of this season, it is time for Clark Hunt to clean house top to bottom, from Carl down to every person that has any decision making as to the direction of the Chiefs. The idea that this is a busness over a game is great for making money for the already rich but does nothing for the average fan. My homerism is over.

The current administration in the Chiefs has ruined the team and they need to be removed.
WOW Weirdwolf comes over to the light. I told you this years ago. See, I'm always right. :Poke:

Unfortunately I think we are in for some blackout's and empty seats at Arrowhead before anything ever changes.

dirk digler
11-12-2007, 09:37 AM

AMEN!!! :clap:

Sfeihc
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
As long as the network needs in and out shots there will always be face time for the susperfans.

FAX
11-12-2007, 10:57 AM
This kind of thing makes me sick.

It's easy to live in KC, go to actual games, and dress up like Elvis or impale yourself with rubber arrows or wear some kind of weird beast costume and be considered a "Superfan".

It's far more difficult to live a thousand miles from Arrowhead where the only local Chiefs gear you can find is a pair of boxer shorts made out of some kind of super stiff fabric that, although it cannot wrinkle, also cannot bend and, therefore, causes strange, lasting impressions on your buttocks, stream choppy video on game day, and go years without coming face to face with another Chiefs fan who, as it turns out, also happens to need bail money.

We get no respect.

FAX

Mile High Mania
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't get as crazy as I used to with wins and losses... but, there are a lot of you that have been way too loyal for some of the crap you put up with as a fan.

This has nothing to do with who we cheer for, but some of you guys are very loyal and passionate for your team. Any fans like that deserve to see their teams reach the pinnacle of success.

I'm amazed and impressed with the dedication of any fan that buys the season tickets, shows up every Sunday - wild face paint or not, and supports the team.

I love my teams (Broncos and Razorbacks), but I'll never be that guy that is buying season tickets and going to every home game.... I'm too cheap and couldn't justify it, especially with the proliferation of sports bars with great TVs and cheap beer.

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I love my teams (Broncos and Razorbacks), but I'll never be that guy that is buying season tickets and going to every home game.... I'm too cheap and couldn't justify it, especially with the proliferation of sports bars with great TVs and cheap beer.

I don't know about denver but I can say from experience that the tailgating at Arrowhead is what adds to the passion(at least for me).I just can't drive 60 miles to tailgate and make it back to the gameroom in time for kick-off of all the games.

Mile High Mania
11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't know about denver but I can say from experience that the tailgating at Arrowhead is what adds to the passion(at least for me).I just can't drive 60 miles to tailgate and make it back to the gameroom in time for kick-off of all the games.

I would imagine that is a huge part of it... I saw some of that first hand a few years ago and despite the extreme cold, there was a lot of tailgating going on.

I would just have issues carving out a full day to devote to the event 8 times out of the year in the fall. You're not just talking about a 3.5 hour game, you're talking about a full day of action.

Sure-Oz
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I had a good time tailgating yesterday and the first half, but im 0-3 this year in home games, it's getting old!

Mile High Mania
11-12-2007, 11:15 AM
I just think it's kinda odd to think back to DEN@KC last year and see how that ushered in the Cutler era. Then, you see Den@KC this year and it has likely ushered in the Croyle era.

Hmm... what happens in 2008??

FAX
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I had a good time tailgating yesterday and the first half, but im 0-3 this year in home games, it's getting old!

To think we've lost three home games already. It's really tragic. Off with Herm's head.

FAX

cookster50
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
throw in the towl

But seriously, what is a towl and are they hard to throw?

FAX
11-12-2007, 12:01 PM
But seriously, what is a towl and are they hard to throw?

You need a towl launcher. They're expensive, but worth it. There's nothing like the thrill of seeing a towl entering the stratosphere at mach 3.

FAX

cookster50
11-12-2007, 12:02 PM
You need a towl launcher. They're expensive, but worth it.

FAX
Do towl's scream when launched? Inquiring minds want to know.

FAX
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Do towl's scream when launched? Inquiring minds want to know.

No screaming, Mr. cookster50. You have to sedate them prior to launch.

FAX

percysnow
11-12-2007, 12:12 PM

sadly i feel the same way. . yesterday when the 2 td's happened in 9 secs i kinda just laughed and shook my head, but back in the early 90's i would have thrown my TV set out the window and not watched sportscenter for the entire week. . i miss the passion I used to get. . I hope one day it comes back. . im not sure if it is caused by me maturing and getting older or by the lack of heart I see in the teams personal from management to players. . .
with that said as long as I am alive i will still be a chiefs fan. . i could never root for another team

Donger
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Anyone else hear Jane's Addiction playing in their minds?

"I'm gonna kick tomorrow."

Mile High Mania
11-12-2007, 12:22 PM
... back in the early 90's i would have thrown my TV set out the window and not watched sportscenter for the entire week. . i miss the passion I used to get. .

ROFL Man, I do miss those days, but I hope they don't come back. I was so pissed after watching the Jags upset the Broncos at home during the 96 season playoffs that I kicked the door off a bathroom stall in a very cool sports bar. I immediately left and it took me 3 months before I had the guts to return.

I was pissed for a while and to this day... I still think I'd kick Michael Dean Perry's fat ass square in the nuts for not getting his largeness off the field in time late in the game.

RustShack
11-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Go Chiefs!

craneref
11-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I have been a CHIEFS fan my entire life, and clearly remember watching them beat the Vikings in SB IV. I remember driving to Arrowhead in the early 80's from college in Salina and still able to get decent seats. I have seen the CHIEFS unable to tackle Walter Payton with what seemed like the entire team and seen them go 13-3. To this day, I STILL have nearly my entire week affected by a CHIEFS win or loss That being said, I can understand the feeling of wanting to give up on the CHIEFS, however, who would have believed that the patriots were to become what they are in the late 90's??

I saw something in the loss yesterday that started giving me some hope. This may be the day we point back to the beginning of a very good NFL QB in Croyle, who never quit taking shots and came SO very close to hitting the big play that changes the game. D. Bowe is already on his way to being a monster and is nice to see that the DB's are already starting to give him a lot of room so he doesn't go deep. Jeff Webb is starting to pay dividends. Last weeks game showed the fire that has been missing in LJ and he would have had a HUGE day agians the Donkeys, IMHO. I think Nueswanger, Taylor and Stallings may have potential to create a good , young offensive line. Allen, Hali, DJ, Page, Pollard, McBride, Tyler are a great start to a tough "D" for years to come. Did we suck yestereday, well at least for 9 seconds we were horrid.

I guess I will just still be considered a blind homer, after 40 plus years of being a CHIEFS fan, I wouldn't have it any other way. GO CHIEFS.

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
however, who would have believed that the patriots were to become what they are in the late 90's??

I love your passion but unless Clark steps up and finds the passion that Kraft has for his team it's just another dream.

Donger
11-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I love your passion but unless Clark steps up and finds the passion that Kraft has for his team it's just another dream.

It must suck to be a fan of sports living in Boston.

They've got the Patriots, that baseball team (I think) and their soccer club is going to the championship match for the fourth time in five years, or something.

craneref
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM

Thanks for the compliment and I do agree with you. But I am not ready for an indictment on Clark Hunt yet, his Father isn't even cold in the grave and it seems some people have forgotten that. I am hoping that Clark has the same passion and wnats to see the team he grew up with become a winning franchise, and by winning I mean trophies with both his fathers and Lombardi's name on them. GO CHIEFS.

kcxiv
11-12-2007, 02:05 PM
sadly i feel the same way. . yesterday when the 2 td's happened in 9 secs i kinda just laughed and shook my head, but back in the early 90's i would have thrown my TV set out the window and not watched sportscenter for the entire week. . i miss the passion I used to get. . I hope one day it comes back. . im not sure if it is caused by me maturing and getting older or by the lack of heart I see in the teams personal from management to players. . .
with that said as long as I am alive i will still be a chiefs fan. . i could never root for another team
I think the lack has to do with you knowning deep down its not going to happen. I used to get the same way. Hell, i did even last year, but i just know its not going to happen anytime soon. There is absolutely nothing to be excited about for a Chiefs fan right now.

kcxiv
11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the compliment and I do agree with you. But I am not ready for an indictment on Clark Hunt yet, his Father isn't even cold in the grave and it seems some people have forgotten that. I am hoping that Clark has the same passion and wnats to see the team he grew up with become a winning franchise, and by winning I mean trophies with both his fathers and Lombardi's name on them. GO CHIEFS.
As much as Hunt did for the NFL i think he kind of sat back and didnt do much for the Chiefs. A supposedly historic franchise does not go 37 years without a Superbowl Victory. Our biggest Rivals both have more superbowl wins and appearances.

To much loyalty wont get it done.

xbarretx
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
I just think it's kinda odd to think back to DEN@KC last year and see how that ushered in the Cutler era. Then, you see Den@KC this year and it has likely ushered in the Croyle era.

Hmm... what happens in 2008??

yes and we thank you for ushering in the new era :clap:

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Clark Hunt is the only one that can put pressure on King Carl. But only if he cares about winning a Super Bowl. King Carl has made his family $100's of millions of $'s. Businessmen don't kick men like that to the curb.

Bob Dole
11-13-2007, 07:00 AM
We are, truly, the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

That certainly explains 15 points per game.

mikey23545
11-13-2007, 07:10 AM
To the FDE's, the wierdwolfs, the dude who has a giant arrowhead tatooed on the back of his head, are any of you going to ever throw in the towl on this franchise. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself if it is even worth it. Today i went to work to do some overtime instead of watching the game. I live for chiefs football and sundays but these last couple years I have just supported them because I love the city.

"Fair-weather" is the term you're thinking of.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm not sure why folks are concerned with when those on the more extreme side of the fandom scale might give up? Guys like this are good for every team and every environment and there's obviously something extra they get from being "that guy" on game day.

I think it is good for them to be there during the lean years as well. Sure, one wonders when someone like this may give up, but I don't get the thread.

When are you guys that are giving up going to stop posting on a fan forum?

Chief Faithful
11-13-2007, 07:30 AM
I didn't give up in the 70's and 80's so why would I give up now? I still believe Herm has this team on the right path. Just leave Croyle as the starter so we can see if he is part of the answer.

MahiMike
11-13-2007, 07:54 AM
And the thing that sucks most is that we're talking about the NFL. The greatest sport in the world because of its salary cap. All teams are on the same level, unlike baseball and other sports. The Royals you can forgive but not the Chiefs.

I tried as hard as I could to express my regrets over the loss of Dick Vermiel. When we switched from an offensive-minded coach to a defensive one, I knew right then our best chance in 35 years was over. Now all we can do is watch teams like the Colts and Patriots score dozens of points per game and extend their dynasty.

stevieray
11-13-2007, 08:14 AM
I gotta take off for work, but I'll chime in later.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Dick Vermiel ruined this team, especially since the team was made to win now and then he didnt do us any favors with his wonderful draft picks selections. And he got us a wonderful 1 playoff appearance in 5 years. Now our players are old and now we have to rebuild, this is why i want to give Herm a couple years, because he is just cleaning up vermiel mess

xbarretx
11-13-2007, 09:48 AM
I didn't give up in the 70's and 80's so why would I give up now? I still believe Herm has this team on the right path. Just leave Croyle as the starter so we can see if he is part of the answer.

goood man, its just painful to watch is all. i really want season tickets but i think i will get them the year after next. ((i think i can slip that one by the wife instead of trying to get them next year :o) ))