PDA

View Full Version : Losing 3 out of 5 games at Arrowhead. Does it matter to you?

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Is losing the same on the road as it is at Arrowhead? A lose is still a lose and it sucks. or does it hurt worse seeing it in person and in front of the sea of red?

Would you rather lose twice on the road rather than lose one at Arrowhead?

Last years Donks game was one of the loudest that I can remember ever. One year later this was the lamest and quietest crowd I can ever remember for a Donks game.

As of right now I think the "Arrowhead Mystique" is gone. We can get it back but there has to be changes on the field and in the front office for "it" to return.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 06:59 AM
It doesn't bother me because I just don't think the team is very good, it's hard to win games anywhere when you aren't a good team.

And the crowd isn't going to be into it when they think you suck.

OnTheWarpath15
11-12-2007, 07:01 AM
It's been that way all year, IMO.

It's just gotten worse as the season has gone on.

People show up late, leave early.

Losing at home to Jacksonville and Green Bay was acceptable to me because they are simply better than us.

Losing at home to Denver's JV squad?

There are gonna be a LOT of empty seats for the last 3 home games, IMO.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 07:01 AM
The Packers game sucked the life out of this team.

TEX
11-12-2007, 07:06 AM

Herm has sucked the life out of this team and the fan base.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Herm has sucked the life out of this team and the fan base.

Yes it's Herm's ****ing fault Jarrad Page and Donnie Edwards got burned like a bitch. It's also Herm's fault Huard is an inaccurate mother****er and Chris Terry can't block a toddler.

Bugeater
11-12-2007, 07:08 AM
And the fans as well. And any shred of life that was left was surely sucked out yesterday.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 07:09 AM
I will say this..even in losses the way the Chiefs played with Vermiel was a lot more entertaining than now...

I think some of the fans, casual types are not enjoying the Chiefs not winning and being boring. It's not exactly endearing to your market when they can flip on the Colts, Cowboys, Pats etc and see teams do what they want on offense and then watch this one...

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 07:11 AM
I will say this..even in losses the way the Chiefs played with Vermiel was a lot more entertaining than now...

You act like we can dial 1-800 and get an offensive line.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 07:12 AM

I'm just sayin that's how it works with fans. I don't think the Chiefs would be a high scoring great offense even if they had good players, Herm is just to stubborn in his ways.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 07:12 AM
I place the blame for our OL squarely on King Carl.

Blown 1st and 2nd round draft picks on Sims, Sailvi, Freeman and 1 other I can't remember right now, plus spending money on FA's to cover those mistakes cost us a chance to draft a good OL. Instead we had to draft 6th and 7trh rounders and hope for the best.

TEX
11-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Yes it's Herm's ****ing fault Jarrad Page and Donnie Edwards got burned like a bitch. It's also Herm's fault Huard is an inaccurate mother****er and Chris Terry can't block a toddler.

It's Herms fault they're even playing in the first place.

the Talking Can
11-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Our team appears to be getting worse. That is Herm's Fault.

Herm played Huard.

But Herm, in the end, is just Carl's footshuffling porter.

Apathy will only increase until Carl is gone.

TEX
11-12-2007, 07:25 AM
I place the blame for our OL squarely on King Carl.

Blown 1st and 2nd round draft picks on Sims, Sailvi, Freeman and 1 other I can't remember right now, plus spending money on FA's to cover those mistakes cost us a chance to draft a good OL. Instead we had to draft 6th and 7trh rounders and hope for the best.

Oh - we have tried to draft O-lineman. We got zero now to show from Black, Williams, Sampson (though he was a reach) and John Tait. And, the one legit "find" in Ryan Lilja - we got cute and decided to try and sneak him through waivers (because we kept Williams instead) cost us a very good player that was snatched up by the Colts. So, it's true the D-line cost us, but we have had our chances at O-Lineman. I think overestimating the talent level is just as much to blame.

CoMoChief
11-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Oh - we have tried to draft O-lineman. We got zero now to show from Black, Williams, Sampson (though he was a reach) and John Tait. And, the one legit "find" in Ryan Lilja - we got cute and decided to try and sneak him through waivers (because we kept Williams instead) cost us a very good player that was snatched up by the Colts. So, it's true the D-line cost us, but we have had our chances at O-Lineman. I think overestimating the talent level is just as much to blame.
Sampson was good when he played but was hurt too much and Tait was good but we all know how Carl just completely ****ed up that whole situation.

SDChief
11-12-2007, 07:32 AM

I think some of the fans, casual types are not enjoying the Chiefs not winning and being boring. It's not exactly endearing to your market when they can flip on the Colts, Cowboys, Pats etc and see teams do what they want on offense and then watch this one...

I'm not sure if this holds water. In the 90s when it was almost impossible to get a ticket, it was dominating defense that got the crowd into the game. I think it peaked when we had Montana which gave us a servicable offense, and a little star power to come and see.

The Vermeil hiring, while entertaining, has set us back. He brought in players that performed well but only had a few good years left while at the same time drafted crap players, and didnt' develope any that had any talent (ie Lilja). I know Lilja was playing behind Waters and Shields, but if you look at him now, he had to be better than the back up we had at the time and should have been on the team not the PS. But since he was a rookie, Vermeil didn't trust him. Now the team has to be retooled/rebuilt with young players. While I don't give Herm a pass on everything, most of all going with Huard for way too long, he is doing what has to be done. Is it fun to come out, fight traffic, pay a fortune to see a team in transition? No. Sometimes it's hard to watch it on TV, but it has to be done.

One thing I think that does need to be done is getting a OC with some imagination because Solari IMO does not know how to gameplan. Also I think that Herm needs to get a QB coach in that can help with Broadie's mechanics and decision making, and get Dick Curl back to watching the clock or replays or whatever he did.

TEX
11-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Our team appears to be getting worse. That is Herm's Fault.

Herm played Huard.

But Herm, in the end, is just Carl's footshuffling porter.

You nailed it. But Herm is more schrewed than he is good. Now the "youth movement" will officially come because it's his last resort to save face. Now he'll position himself for throwing folks under the bus. I can hear it now, I gave Mike a chance, but he just couldn't get it done." Now I know how you feel on the subject, but Herm did /does have a part in Mike's fall. If for no other reason than he was not right for the job to begin with. He most certainly wasn't right if we changed the offense as that was his whole purpose for being hired in the first place - to keep some semblence of D.V.'s offense. I only hope that when the smoke clears, that Solari is placed back at O-Line coach. He's a darn good one that has outlasted a few Chief's Head Coaches.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 07:34 AM
SD, the Chiefs won with that defensive football in the 90's.

When you play defensive football with the worst O in the league and a middle of the pack D and lose games to Denver at home...people don't care then. They go this team is boring and it sucks.

TEX
11-12-2007, 07:38 AM

One thing I think that does need to be done is getting a OC with some imagination because Solari IMO does not know how to gameplan. Also I think that Herm needs to get a QB coach in that can help with Broadie's mechanics and decision making, and get Dick Curl back to watching the clock or replays or whatever he did.

With regards to the OC - My gosh - this is the SAME thing folks said about Herm in New York! :banghead: So, he went out and got Jimmy 3-play-Raye to help Paul Hacket.... ROFL

You're exactly right about getting a QUALITY QB coach to help Croyle - Someone like Terry Shay would be just fine but Herm (the moron) let him go. Do you think the QB play has suffered this year? :shake:

TEX
11-12-2007, 07:39 AM
SD, the Chiefs won with that defensive football in the 90's.

When you play defensive football with the worst O in the league and a middle of the pack D and lose games to Denver at home...people don't care then. They go this team is boring and it sucks.

Perhaps the BEST take of the season! :clap:

Dartgod
11-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Blown 1st and 2nd round draft picks on Sims, Sailvi, Freeman and 1 other I can't remember right now...

the Talking Can
11-12-2007, 07:45 AM
look, we tried to do two things: sort-of-rebuild and go 9-7 to appease the stupid True Fans....a recipe for failure...

if we would have sold rebuilding, played Croyle, then the fans might have had something to hold onto while Herm continued to clean up DV's mess....

...but we played Huard because he gave us the best chance to "win now"....so, the fans are understandably wondering where the wins are...

you can't change the message at mid-season, no one is stupid enough to believe it (well, the usual dumb fanboys, but I digress...)....fans know that Carl and Herm tried to pull a fast one..."Win now!....wait, Rebuild!...We've always been rebuilding! I swear!"

because this franchise is afraid to take risks, we end up with a total mess...this was all obvious from the beginning...

this team still needs a good enema...but neither Herm nor Carl inspire much confidence, neither seems willing to make the most unpopular choices....

Mecca
11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Unpopular choices like moving a RB with a lot of mileage while he still has value..

the Talking Can
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Unpopular choices like moving a RB with a lot of mileage while he still has value..

yes, or playing Croyle, or firing Solari, or....

TEX
11-12-2007, 07:51 AM
look, we tried to do two things: sort-of-rebuild and go 9-7 to appease the stupid True Fans....a recipe for failure...

if we would have sold rebuilding, played Croyle, then the fans might have had something to hold onto while Herm continued to clean up DV's mess....

...but we played Huard because he gave us the best chance to "win now"....so, the fans are understandably wondering where the wins are...

you can't change the message at mid-season, no one is stupid enough to believe it (well, the usual dumb fanboys, but I digress...)....fans know that Carl and Herm tried to pull a fast one..."Win now!....wait, Rebuild!...We've always been rebuilding! I swear!"

because this franchise is afraid to take risks, we end up with a total mess...this was all obvious from the beginning...

this team still needs a good enema...but neither Herm nor Carl inspire much confidence, neither seems willing to make the most unpopular choices....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Too bad you can't go "public" with this. This is awesome!

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Okay, It was Eric Downing.

Here's our first two picks between 1998 - 2004. This is why we suck now. First # is round. 2nd # is overall:

1 27 Victor RileyTAuburn
3 88 Rashaan SheheeRBWashington
1 14 John TaitTBrigham Young
2 54 Mike CloudRBBoston College
1 21 Sylvester MorrisWRJackson State
2 54 William BarteeCBOklahoma
3 75 Eric DowningDTSyracuse
3 77 Snoop MinnisWRFlorida State
1 6 Ryan SimsDTNorth Carolina
2 43 Eddie FreemanDTAlabama-Birmingham
1 27 Larry JohnsonRBPenn State
2 47 Kawika MitchellMLBSouth Florida
2 36 Junior SiaviiDTOregon
2 61 Kris WilsonTEPittsburgh

morphius
11-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes, losing 3 games at home does piss me off. What a flippin joke.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 08:23 AM
With regards to the OC - My gosh - this is the SAME thing folks said about Herm in New York! :banghead: So, he went out and got Jimmy 3-play-Raye to help Paul Hacket.... ROFL

You're exactly right about getting a QUALITY QB coach to help Croyle - Someone like Terry Shay would be just fine but Herm (the moron) let him go. Do you think the QB play has suffered this year? :shake:

We are seeing history repeat itself with Herm... Your nailed it when the Raye and Hackett points...

Watch when Solari gets ran over, Dicky Curls will be the OC and it will be worse than ever....

Dicky Curls has veto power over Solari play calling anyway...

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 08:25 AM

Awesome :bravo:

Calcountry
11-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Unpopular choices like moving a RB with a lot of mileage while he still has value..Or a Tight end who is on the wrong side of 30, while you still can.

InChiefsHeaven
11-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Especially losing to the pathetic Donks...I never saw this coming this year. i figured 8-8, but I figured we'd dominate at home.

This sucks ass...

the Talking Can
11-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Or a Tight end who is on the wrong side of 30, while you still can.

or, to add to the list, signing a coach who isn't just a friend of Carl....Carl is afraid to bring in a young fiery coach who may outshine him...

Mecca
11-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Or a Tight end who is on the wrong side of 30, while you still can.

I think Gonzalez is more difficult than LJ, to me getting rid of LJ was a no brainer.

If a team was wiling to give up something good for TG I would have considered it, the money, the age, the value of his position. Not to mention athletic TE's have become a norm in the league.

Easy 6
11-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Absolutely, its horrible to watch Arrowheads m0j0 get sucked dry...but homefield advantage is really only as strong as its team...like the Lambeau Field mystique being shredded in 05 & 06.

Until MAJOR changes are made to this O & its coaching staff, i cant see it getting any better.

stevieray
11-12-2007, 08:35 AM
hell yes it bothers me.

now watch ....all rest of season the hardcore whiners who were so adamant about how they were willing to accept losing if Croyle was playing....now that's he is playing, they'll have to drop that mantra and switch about how much we suck, when they supposedly already knew that to begin with...

Mecca
11-12-2007, 08:38 AM
It's sucking either way but, sucking with Croyle at least has a purpose of answering questions that need to be answered.

dirk digler
11-12-2007, 08:39 AM
To me it is funny as hell and I don't mind at all really.

This is exactly what needs to happen to get CP out of town. As long as the stadium is full and we are winning home games then CP is safe.

morphius
11-12-2007, 08:43 AM
To me it is funny as hell and I don't mind at all really.

This is exactly what needs to happen to get CP out of town. As long as the stadium is full and we are winning home games then CP is safe.
A full stadium in the NFL with a bad team, that NEVER happens. Blackouts don't happen much in this league anymore.

dirk digler
11-12-2007, 08:48 AM
A full stadium in the NFL with a bad team, that NEVER happens. Blackouts don't happen much in this league anymore.

I heard there were alot of empty seats yesterday and that was for the Donkeys. If the Chiefs keep losing I predict the Titans game will be a blackout.

morphius
11-12-2007, 08:52 AM
I heard there were alot of empty seats yesterday and that was for the Donkeys. If the Chiefs keep losing I predict the Titans game will be a blackout.
It is possible, and I'm glad you will enjoy the embarrassment of being the Raiders.

Iowanian
11-12-2007, 08:55 AM
It matters to me. It pisses me off to lose at home to a hated division rival, especially a shitty and damaged one.

My solice is that I accepted what this team was before, saw the coming schedule thats going to show the team for what it really is and break the myth of the first place team....

Just play the young guys, build for the future and I'll tollerate the suffering this year.

This offseason.....some futhermuckers had better get fired.

Calcountry
11-12-2007, 08:55 AM
It's sucking either way but, sucking with Croyle at least has a purpose of answering questions that need to be answered.Unless your oline sucks so bad that it sucks Croyle right out of the league, then you need a new QB as well.

Calcountry
11-12-2007, 08:58 AM
or, to add to the list, signing a coach who isn't just a friend of Carl....Carl is afraid to bring in a young fiery coach who may outshine him...That seemed to have been San Diego's problem as well. They fired a 14-2 coach with some of the best players in the league and look at what it got them. lmao.

That being said, they still win this shitty division this year.

morphius
11-12-2007, 09:08 AM
It matters to me. It pisses me off to lose at home to a hated division rival, especially a shitty and damaged one.

My solice is that I accepted what this team was before, saw the coming schedule thats going to show the team for what it really is and break the myth of the first place team....

Just play the young guys, build for the future and I'll tollerate the suffering this year.

Well said.

dirk digler
11-12-2007, 09:15 AM
It is possible, and I'm glad you will enjoy the embarrassment of being the Raiders.

So you are ok with CP running this team into the ground?

The only way to get his ass out of here is for us to suck and have empty seats at the stadium. Otherwise we are stuck with him for 3 more years and to me that is unacceptable.

Chiefnj2
11-12-2007, 09:16 AM

It's good for the young guys to get playing time; we'll see if it really happens.

It would be a lot nicer of those young guys were able to play in a system that will be around for a few years. We will likely have a situation where there will be a new OC and ST coach and those that make the cut may not be suited for the new system and/or have to learn an entirely new system.

I see years of futility until there are wholesale changes.

Al Bundy
11-12-2007, 09:19 AM

100% correct. King Carl is behind the mess the Chiefs are in.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
100% correct. King Carl is behind the mess the Chiefs are in.
I agree. It's not all his fault but the majority of the blame is his.

dirk digler
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
The only reason it doesn't bother me is because I want Carl out of here ASAP. Keep losing and the stadium starts to get empty and CP will get shit canned otherwise we are stuck with his ass for 3 more years.

CupidStunt
11-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I said it weeks ago, before losing to Denver and Green Bay - the "Arrowhead Mystique" is more about the product than anything else. Much more.

This team sucks goat balls and no amount of loud-cheering fans can change that.

I wouldn't pay to watch this abortion of a team and I'd have bailed in half of their home games, too, like yesterday and the Jags game.

WilliamTheIrish
11-12-2007, 10:04 AM
They can go 0-8 at home as long as we find out if Croyle is worth the look.
Doesn't mean shite to me.

RustShack
11-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Carls is going to have to figure something out, the stadium was looking pretty empty at the end of the game, and that was playing a bad team.

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
or, to add to the list, signing a coach who isn't just a friend of Carl....Carl is afraid to bring in a young fiery coach who may outshine him...

You nailed that one too.

Coach
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM

Boom, right on the money. I have said numberous of times about that issue.

It is a FACT that Carl always hire his buddies. Schottenheimer, Cunningham, Vermeil, and now Edwards. And that hasn't changed one bit. He doesn't have the vision, tenacity, or creativity (I'd take one of the three) to win it all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/Chiefs%20Smack%20or%20Hate/avatar3290_11.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/Chiefs%20Smack%20or%20Hate/hermshot1.gif

Next!

Frazod
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm so wrapped up in Mizzou at this point that I don't care what these dildos do. I bought tickets to the Oakland game and now wish I hadn't bothered. I just want heads to roll in the offseason - hopefully Herm's and especially Carl's.

Adept Havelock
11-12-2007, 10:35 AM

Great take. I'm hoping for some serious house cleaning, but I don't expect it.

xbarretx
11-12-2007, 10:38 AM

we cant?????? ah HORSE $H*T!!!!

yeah lets just hope we dont use all the draft pics this next year and end up with busts gallore

TEX
11-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm so wrapped up in Mizzou at this point that I don't care what these dildos do. I bought tickets to the Oakland game and now wish I hadn't bothered. I just want heads to roll in the offseason - hopefully Herm's and especially Carl's.

ROFL :clap:

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 11:33 AM
I said it weeks ago, before losing to Denver and Green Bay - the "Arrowhead Mystique" is more about the product than anything else. Much more.

This team sucks goat balls and no amount of loud-cheering fans can change that.

I wouldn't pay to watch this abortion of a team and I'd have bailed in half of their home games, too, like yesterday and the Jags game.
Good post.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I made a decision after the QB "competition" to financially support this team as little as I can while still being a season ticket holder.

It's obvious that this franchise doesn't want to win, they just want to make sure that people are in the seats. Rather than continue to pay $2K a year for a subpar product, I've decided to sell my tickets, as I'm not going to continue to waste energy, gas, and money supporting a team that doesn't care about or listen to its fans.

FAX
11-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I think that the loss of our legendary home field advantage is, by far and away, the worst aspect of the Hermoine Era, so far.

FAX

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 12:17 PM
It is a FACT that Carl always hire his buddies.

Carl assured me Herm was not hired based on their friendship! ROFL

Guess I should have done that interview...

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I think that the loss of our legendary home field advantage is, by far and away, the worst aspect of the Hermoine Era, so far.

FAXRight on Mr. FAX. Right on.:deevee:

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Even DV's and Gun's worst teams didn't get punked this bad at home. Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but I just can't remember getting owned at Arrowhead like this in the Carl Peterson era.

TEX
11-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Even DV's and Gun's worst teams didn't get punked this bad at home. Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but I just can't remember getting owned at Arrowhead like this in the Carl Peterson era.

You're correct. Herm was/is a BAD hire. :shake:

FAX
11-12-2007, 12:55 PM

Considering how incredibly awful the goats are this year, I agree, Mr. KCJohnny. I don't remember a home loss as pitiable as this one.

FAX

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 01:00 PM

It's happened before. 23-10 to the Eagles in 2001.

FAX
11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't recall. Were those Eagles as bad as these goats, Mr. GoChiefs?

FAX

TEX
11-12-2007, 01:05 PM
It's happened before. 23-10 to the Eagles in 2001.

Not 3 times, this early, or in the the same way it's happening this year under Herm. It's utterly pathetic. And Herm looks like such the retard on the sidelines with his shirt collar buttoned all the way or in his stupid little vest with that stupid "lost" look on his face. They guy $UCKS! :shake:

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't recall. Were those Eagles as bad as these goats, Mr. GoChiefs?

FAX

Oh, uh...I see your point.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
It's happened before. 23-10 to the Eagles in 2001.Wern't we ahead in that one also or I'm remembering the 2003 meltdown at home during the second game of the season at Arrowhead against the Eagles?

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Wern't we ahead in that one also or I'm remembering the 2003 meltdown at home during the second game of the season at Arrowhead against the Eagles?

That was 2005. 2001 we were 6-10.

Hydrae
11-12-2007, 01:21 PM

FAX

Even when we weren't going to the playoffs we could still hang our hat on the home field. That is now gone. One of the many disappointing aspects of this season as a whole, for sure.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Even when we weren't going to the playoffs we could still hang our hat on the home field. That is now gone. One of the many disappointing aspects of this season as a whole, for sure.

Exactly. That's what i was trying to say. Even in pathetic 2001, we had a some big blowouts like that 45-17 drubbing of the redskins (IIRC).

We lost by 16 points to a 3-5 team that we basically owned at Arrowhead even when we were losers. I think Philly was a playoff team in 2001.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Exactly. That's what i was trying to say. Even in pathetic 2001, we had a some big blowouts like that 45-17 drubbing of the redskins (IIRC).

We lost by 16 points to a 3-5 team that we basically owned at Arrowhead even when we were losers. I think Philly was a playoff team in 2001.
Now that makes me really pissed, :cuss:

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Now that makes me really pissed, :cuss:

A 3-5 team who's QB ran for 1st downs against us when last week he could barely walk!

:banghead:

Coach
11-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Carl assured me Herm was not hired based on their friendship! ROFL

Guess I should have done that interview...

Really? Let's see here. Carl hired Marty becuase he knew Marty was successful in Cleveland. This one turned out to be a good hire, even though Marty didn't get us to the playoffs that far, Marty was the last coach for the Chiefs to have a playoff victory. When Mary wanted more power, him and Carl got into a shitfight. That turned out quite well.

He hired Gunther becuase he knew Gunther and that Gunther worked under him. Not to mention that Gonther was a "yes" man. Got fired over the internet.

He hired Vermeil becuase he knew Vermeil and that Vermeil worked under him. Vermeil brought some offense, but did bring one of the worst defensive units in the NFL. Vermeil mysteriously "retired" while still under contract.

He hired Edwards becuase he knew Edwards and that Edwards worked under him. I don't even need to bother dealing with Edwards, as his history in New York speak about themselves.

The bottom line? Four different coaches, one result. The common factor is one man, and he’s what stands between Kansas City and true respectability.

Frazod
11-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I continue to reflect on this, and I'm amazed by how little I care. Normally after a Bronco loss, especially one at Arrowhead, I'd be livid. Hell, I didn't even care when my cousin from Colorado called to bust my balls last night. But in addition to Mizzou's dream season, I pretty much wrote these idiots off last week when they put a big red bow on a game that they had won and handed it to Green Bay. I ranted and raved and broke a couple of things, and then I just gave it up. Drowning must be like that - you thrash and struggle, but then you just accept death and move on to a better place.

This team sucks. The smoke has dissipated and the mirrors have been shattered, and we've got nothing.

From the GM down, it is time to clean house.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I continue to reflect on this, and I'm amazed by how little I care. Normally after a Bronco loss, especially one at Arrowhead, I'd be livid. Hell, I didn't even care when my cousin from Colorado called to bust my balls last night. But in addition to Mizzou's dream season, I pretty much wrote these idiots off last week when they put a big red bow on a game that they had won and handed it to Green Bay. I ranted and raved and broke a couple of things, and then I just gave it up. Drowning must be like that - you thrash and struggle, but then you just accept death and move on to a better place.

This team sucks. The smoke has dissipated and the mirrors have been shattered, and we've got nothing.

Can we forward this to Clark Hunt?

Frazod
11-12-2007, 02:47 PM

With my compliments.

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 02:53 PM

You have to be more than a casual fan to set through these games. THIS IS SOOOOOOOOO 1981 AGAIN!!! Bring on the Wing T Herm, that will wow them!

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Okay, It was Eric Downing.

Here's our first two picks between 1998 - 2004. This is why we suck now. First # is round. 2nd # is overall:

1 27 Victor RileyTAuburn
3 88 Rashaan SheheeRBWashington
1 14 John TaitTBrigham Young
2 54 Mike CloudRBBoston College
1 21 Sylvester MorrisWRJackson State
2 54 William BarteeCBOklahoma
3 75 Eric DowningDTSyracuse
3 77 Snoop MinnisWRFlorida State
1 6 Ryan SimsDTNorth Carolina
2 43 Eddie FreemanDTAlabama-Birmingham
1 27 Larry JohnsonRBPenn State
2 47 Kawika MitchellMLBSouth Florida
2 36 Junior SiaviiDTOregon
2 61 Kris WilsonTEPittsburgh

It is going to be hard to blame 1998, 1999, 2000 on Vermeil like some on here would want. But please add Dick Vermeil and Trent Green to your 2001 Draft, since they were th first and second round picks.

I am even starting to sour on Kris Wilson, this coaching staff is starting to screw him up.

Rausch
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I am even starting to sour on Kris Wilson, this coaching staff is starting to screw him up.

Unless the coaching staff is telling him to drop easy passes and fumble like crazy I don't think they have much to do with it...

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Unless the coaching staff is telling him to drop easy passes and fumble like crazy I don't think they have much to do with it...ROFL

Halfcan
11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I am not on the hook for tickets anymore-so the losses are a bit easier than if I just shelled out big bucks to see the shit we call a team.

TEX
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM

F*CKING AWESOME! :clap:

Yeah I hear ya - my Bronco fan buddy tried to rub it in - I just laughed. I honestly could give a shit. I just don't care anymore.

TEX
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM

It could have been worse - Herm could have had us wearing our whites... :shake:

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 07:30 PM
It could have been worse - Herm could have had us wearing our whites... :shake:
Don't get me started on that! :banghead:

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 06:02 AM
Do you really think he would see it?

Pushead2
11-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Listen it's very hard for Chiefs fans to keep your head up, i think the only reason we are / do is the fact we are in a hunt for first in a junk division.

KCJohnny
11-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Do you really think he would see it?

No, but I think the team ownership needs to realize a lot of fans feel like Frazod.

InChiefsHeaven
11-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Listen it's very hard for Chiefs fans to keep your head up, i think the only reason we are / do is the fact we are in a hunt for first in a junk division.

Yep, and still we find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot. I mean, if you are a potential division champion, you should be able to beat the lame duck rivals in your division at home when it is crucial to do so...

...we ain't there yet.

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Yep, and still we find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot. I mean, if you are a potential division champion, you should be able to beat the lame duck rivals in your division at home when it is crucial to do so...

...we ain't there yet.
Yep, another blown oppertunity.:banghead:

HemiEd
11-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I can't begin to tell you how many people have called me this week to bust my chops. When they find out my attitude, they have all become totally defused and shocked.
In 38 years of following this team, it has been since the early eighties, since I have felt this way. Herm is a pathetic excuse for a head coach and he has the misfortune of following one of the best.
I have no hope, zero.

TEX
11-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I can't begin to tell you how many people have called me this week to bust my chops. When they find out my attitude, they have all become totally defused and shocked.
In 38 years of following this team, it has been since the early eighties, since I have felt this way. Herm is a pathetic excuse for a head coach and he has the misfortune of following one of the best.
I have no hope, zero.

And you shouldn't - not as long as Herm's around. :shake:

kcirnamffoh
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I have no hope, zero.

Hey, I understand the frustration about this season, but one of the best?? Vermeil had five seasons and was only in ONE playoff game. Edwards already has one, however non-memorable. This is only his second year. He has up to this point a better record than Vermeil did. I mean what is more important to some of you? The Chiefs winning or how they look to the rest of the league.

The Chiefs are 4-5 and only one game out of the division lead. Yes, it's ugly but sometimes it is. If you have zero/no hope I suggest you talk about something else. There are some people still around that are enjoying this game's suspenseful nature and thanks to the Chiefs not being 2-7 the outcome is still unknown. This season is not over yet, bubba.

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 06:26 PM
And you shouldn't - not as long as Herm's around. :shake:
No hope just because Herm's the coach? So you think we get a new coach but King Carl stays in power we will be fine. Super Bowl in 5 years?

Hammock Parties
11-13-2007, 06:29 PM
I can't believe people are still whining about Herm.

FAX
11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
I can't believe people are still whining about Herm.

Whatever happened to Germ Warfare anyhow, Mr. GoChiefs? Did the group vote to disband? Were you threatened in some way?

FAX

Hammock Parties
11-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Whatever happened to Germ Warfare anyhow, Mr. GoChiefs? Did the group vote to disband? Were you threatened in some way?

FAX

I stopped Germ Warfare when it was clear I was wrong about Herm.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Losing like this at home sucks, but FINALLY starting a young QB makes it easier to deal with. This season just got interesting...

FAX
11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I stopped Germ Warfare when it was clear I was wrong about Herm.

It's funny, when you started Germ Warfare, I was more than willing to give Herm every chance to prove himself. You went one way and I went another. What changed your mind about him?

Also, did the other Germ Warfarers vote to disband? What happened when you decided to end the fight? Did they agree? Were they just stuck with their avatars and no leader?

FAX

Hammock Parties
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
It's funny, when you started Germ Warfare, I was more than willing to give Herm every chance to prove himself. You went one way and I went another. What changed your mind about him?

Also, did the other Germ Warfarers vote to disband? What happened when you decided to end the fight? Did they agree? Were they just stuck with their avatars and no leader?

FAX

It was never really that strong of a group to begin with.

I changed my mind after he had a very strong offseason and draft his first year here. We went on to have a good regular season despite the loss of our starting QB and I've had Herm's back ever since. Once he reshapes this roster fully we're going to have a dynamite team.

Rasputin
11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Loseing to Dungver is unforgiveable at home. Expecting an 11 year career back up QB to lead this team for a prommising year is just assinign.

I do like some things that Herm has done, his drafts have been pretty good so far and I like that we are building this team through the draft. We get 10 draft picks next year and I am exited about that. I think Herm was tooooo patient with DH at QB. But now that is over with (thank God). Croyle can step in and do a good job for us, all he has to do this year is learn and get better. I am very exited for Croyle to finally be our starting QB.

For me the jury is still out on Hermy Edwards. I want to like him, I want him to be a successfull coach for us. With Brodie Croyle we can say we are building for the future and building a team for a Championship and not be lieing about it. Having Huard as our QB and saying we are rebuilding is just stupid.

Loseing to Denver sucked, now it is our turn to go up there and beat them.

FAX
11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Loseing to Dungver is unforgiveable at home. Expecting an 11 year career back up QB to lead this team for a prommising year is just assinign.

I do like some things that Herm has done, his drafts have been pretty good so far and I like that we are building this team through the draft. We get 10 draft picks next year and I am exited about that. I think Herm was tooooo patient with DH at QB. But now that is over with (thank God). Croyle can step in and do a good job for us, all he has to do this year is learn and get better. I am very exited for Croyle to finally be our starting QB.

For me the jury is still out on Hermy Edwards. I want to like him, I want him to be a successfull coach for us. With Brodie Croyle we can say we are building for the future and building a team for a Championship and not be lieing about it. Having Huard as our QB and saying we are rebuilding is just stupid.

Loseing to Denver sucked, now it is our turn to go up there and beat them.

Well said, Mr. KC Tattoo. Not exactly well spelled, but hey. Honestly, I agree with this entire post including, even, the part about hoping that Herm succeeds.

But, you've reminded me of something Herm mentioned in his press conference today about Croyle. He said he will evaluate Croyle based on whether or not he shows improvement with each game. Personally, I think that's all Brodie and we, as fans, can ask for from both Brodie and Herm on this deal. I can only hope and trust that he sticks with that as Brodie's performance benchmark.

FAX

BigRedChief
11-14-2007, 05:56 AM
Well said, Mr. KC Tattoo. Not exactly well spelled, but hey. Honestly, I agree with this entire post including, even, the part about hoping that Herm succeeds.

But, you've reminded me of something Herm mentioned in his press conference today about Croyle. He said he will evaluate Croyle based on whether or not he shows improvement with each game. Personally, I think that's all Brodie and we, as fans, can ask for from both Brodie and Herm on this deal. I can only hope and trust that he sticks with that as Brodie's performance benchmark.

FAX
Yep, it will be ugly at times but if you see the improvement in judgement and read progression you can tolerate those "what the hell was he thinking" throws.

a1na2
11-14-2007, 06:02 AM

FAX
I totally understand wanting to see improvement but he sat through 8 games with Hoover and there was no substantial improvement. I hope he is going to let Croyle have the time to pick up some of the needed adjustment he needs to change from college ball to pro ball.

TEX
11-14-2007, 08:14 AM
No hope just because Herm's the coach? So you think we get a new coach but King Carl stays in power we will be fine. Super Bowl in 5 years?

No -Sorry I wasn't clear. Herm's only half the problem. It should be a given that the Chiefs won't go anywhere with Carl running things. He's gotten more mileage out of one AFC Championship appearance and 3 playoff victories in 18 years than any GM in history. But hey, as long as butts are in the seats, it appears to be okay...

Mr. Laz
11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
it's all part of Herm's master plan. :thumb:

BigRedChief
11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
it's all part of Herm's master plan. :thumb:
Losing 3 in a row at Arrowhead?

KCJohnny
11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Not even Gunther went below .500 at home as HC.

a1na2
11-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Absolutely it makes a difference. You never lose a game in your house.

It's past time for 'the Hermit' to be sent off to the minor leagues, like head coaching pee wee football in Podunk, Mississippi.

KC Kings
11-26-2007, 06:31 AM
Losing 3 in a row at Arrowhead?

I am not too upset about this horrible season after our playoff season last year. Going into the season with our o-line and Huard at QB it was pretty obvious that once again, even if we did barely edge into the play-offs we wouldn't win a game once we got there. Losing this many games at home means to things. 1. I will score free tickets to take my son to a game this year, and 2. Chiefs gear is already 30% off, so I will be able to buy plenty of new Chiefs clothes on super clearance.

Other positives about sucking this bad, are watching the young guys develop. In 2005 we had 11 draft picks, and only Derrick Johnson and Dustin Colquit are still playing. Between the 06 draft with Tamba Hali,
Bernard Pollard, Brodie Croyle, Jarrad Page and the 07 draft with Dwayne Bowe, Turk McBride, Tank Tyler, Kolby Smith, we have set ourselves up well for the next few years. We draft a couple of young corners, draft some o-lineman and pay a huge amount of money for an established left tackle, and things could be a lot different next year.

BigRedChief
12-18-2007, 06:48 AM
How does losing 6 out of 8 games at Arrowhead feel? Punch in the gut? Oh well we are rebuilding?

I'm pissed off. Even when we sucked we protected our house better than this crap.

the Talking Can
12-18-2007, 07:07 AM
It was never really that strong of a group to begin with.

I changed my mind after he had a very strong offseason and draft his first year here. We went on to have a good regular season despite the loss of our starting QB and I've had Herm's back ever since. Once he reshapes this roster fully we're going to have a dynamite team.

just sad.....

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Right about now,
The funk soul brother.
Check it out now,
The funk soul brother.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
just sad.....

Yep. I was blind. Now I see Herm for what he is.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
How does losing 6 out of 8 games at Arrowhead feel? Punch in the gut? Oh well we are rebuilding?

I'm pissed off. Even when we sucked we protected our house better than this crap.

Which is why I've pretty much thrown Herm from the train. You should be able to beat the Raiders AT HOME, even in a down year.

Sanka
12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
At the start of the season, I said we will be lucky to get to 5 wins. Too bad we wasted more than half the season to play Brodie.