PDA

View Full Version : Carl fields perennial losers

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 10:32 AM
There are several threads on the board and not one that calls for accountbility from Carl. This is ridiculous. Carl is the man in charge of this shipwreck and everybody wants to blame the coach. The coach wanted Croyle from the start, Carl overrode that decision. You see, Carl has the FINAL SAY in any and all personel decisions. The coach has made some mistakes, that's entirely different thread and afterall, who HIRED the coach?

Carl has had nineteen years with the Chiefs. He's the longest-tenured GM in all of PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, including, NHL, NBA, MLB, and the NFL. That's a long time to get a free pass to see little to no success.

Carl's teams haven't won a single playoff game in 14 years, now looking more and more like 15 straight years. I can't think of one team that has had that type of drought and continued to employ the same ass-clown who put a team in that position. I can't think of a team...because...THERE ISN'T ONE. we haven't won since Joe Montana, you know the guy that is already inducted into the NFL HOF and even he was a short-term fix.

Carl can never build a complete team. The team is never top 5 in all three facets of the game. NEVER. isn't that the actual goal to build the best team you can, every year?

Carl hires his cronies and doesn't think outside of the box...Kuharich, Herm, Vermeil, Gunther, the list goes on and on.

Carl's drafts are historically mediocre to absolute crap, evidenced by all the free agents he has to amass year in and year out and draftees that are out of the league once released by the Chiefs. Have you ever seen so many 2nd round busts? 2nd rounders should be staples to team's growth, not the case for the Chiefs.

Carl obviously doesn't know talent, in 19 years, he's drafted Tony Gonzales, Larry Johnson, Will Shields, and Derrick Thomas-that's 4 superstars in 19 freaking years. That's an average of one every five years. He's also only drafted one HB worth a shit in that time and the juries still out on the QB position.

Should I list all the boneheaded decisions in the draft? From Trezelle Jenkins to Ryan Sims, you name it, Carl's covered them all.

Carl's ego gets in the way of rational decisions. That's a foolish premise to stand behind when you want players to actual become part of your organization. You sell the team concept, not the tough SOB crap. Use that mantra for the agents and only the agents.

The Chiefs would invigorate the entire oragnization with a new attitude and a clean slate. Relieving Carl of his duties would go a long way in that department and send a message that mediocre is no longer acceptable.

Sorry for the rant, but enough is enough. Carl must go or the Chiefs won't see another penny of my money.

Brock
11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Carl must go or the Chiefs won't see another penny of my money.

As an email from the Chiefs PR dept might put it, "sounds like a plan".

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 10:40 AM
There are several threads on the board and not one that calls for accountbility from Carl.
Dude, Have you looked at my posts? I've started sooooo many King Carl must go threads that I've pissed people off about them.

Coach
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Dude, Have you looked at my posts? I've started sooooo many King Carl must go threads that I've pissed people off about them.

BRC haven't pissed me off at all with these threads. In fact, I'm for those threads. Queen Carla has worn out her welcome in here.

DMAC
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Strike, Strike, Strike!

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM

I have been bashed and neg repped for my Carl rants....

but the truth is, no money from my household to the Chiefs until Carl is gone....

Al Bundy
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I feel bad for the people of this city and people who are Chiefs fans.. to a certain extent. They should have stopped going to the games long ago if they were really unhappy with mediocrity.

Eleazar
11-12-2007, 10:45 AM
As an email from the Chiefs PR dept might put it, "sounds like a plan".

ROFL

I swear, that's a direct quote.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 10:46 AM
The coach wanted Croyle from the start, Carl overrode that decision. You see, Carl has the FINAL SAY in any and all personel decisions.

My favorite conspiracy-theory of the year!!

Mile High Mania
11-12-2007, 10:47 AM
I was just going through the info on www.profootballreference.com and I realize that Denver has done nothing in the playoffs in a decade...

However, during Peterson's tenure... 2 of those 3 playoff wins were against teams that no longer exist in regards to the team location.

KC beat the LA Raiders in 1991

In 1993, KC beat the Steelers and then the HOUSTON OILERS in the next round prior to losing to the Bills.

The freaking Oilers were the last team KC beat in the playoffs... that's just wild.

Coach
11-12-2007, 10:47 AM
My favorite conspiracy-theory of the year!! :cheers:

Well, there is evidence of it. The Hard Knocks film. Even Dick Curl (Isn't that a Sex Crime?) was for Brodie starting.

There's no reason to get rid of Trent Green then if it wasn't for the fact that if Queen Carla was worried about wanting to win the games.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
My favorite conspiracy-theory of the year!!

Watching Hardknocks showed that Carl is in control of who is on the field and starting...

Come hell or high water, Carls pathetic ass wasnt going to let Croyle start the season period! Time and time again he would say, we have to play the QB that gives us the best chance to win now and that is Horrid...

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Call me crazy but I still say to this day it was King Carl's decision to bench Gannon and go back to Grbac in '97,it was also the decision that ultimately led Marty to say fock it.

Coach
11-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Call me crazy but I still say to this day it was King Carl's decision to bench Gannon and go back to Grbac in '97,it was also the decision that ultimately led Marty to say fock it.

Wouldn't surprise me. Didn't Girlbac got that big contract after that, when Gannon was let go?

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Wouldn't surprise me. Didn't Girlbac got that big contract after that, when Gannon was let go?

Grbac already had the big contract.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 10:56 AM
The Hard Knocks episode shows nothing other than Carl playing devil's advocate. Carl has always maintained that he lets his coaches choose who plays and there isn't anything concrete that proves otherwise.

Hard knocks also shows Herm agonizing over the decision and sleeping at the office, but that just gets dismissed. :rolleyes:

Coach
11-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Grbac already had the big contract.

Ah, okay then. For some reason I thougth he got that big contract after the playoff debacle.

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 10:57 AM

I don't recall I was such a diehard back then that I was pissed off the entire off season.

DMAC
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM
let's start picketing outside Arrowhead

CARL IS A JOKER
I'M SICK OF MEDIOCRE

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 10:59 AM
let's start picketing outside Arrowhead

CARL IS A JOKER
I'M SICK OF MEDIOCRE
I love it-that put a smile on my face. :)

Coach
11-12-2007, 11:03 AM
The Hard Knocks episode shows nothing other than Carl playing devil's advocate. Carl has always maintained that he lets his coaches choose who plays and there isn't anything concrete that proves otherwise.

Hard knocks also shows Herm agonizing over the decision and sleeping at the office, but that just gets dismissed. :rolleyes:

Herm gets no pass from me either. Herm spent all the time talking and trying to sell the youth movement, yet I don't see it.

It also doesn't help when he's making those stupid remarks about "31 points? Wow, that's not football, that's arena football," or "We have to simplify the offense."

Herm has done a fan-f**king-tastic on Hermcuffing offenses. It's been his style ever since he started at the Jets.

Even that if her had agonizing over the decision, that should have been the easiest decision you should make in your life. You always play the younger player, even when the younger player CLEARLY outperformed the older player in pre-season.

King_Chief_Fan
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I have been bashed and neg repped for my Carl rants....

but the truth is, no money from my household to the Chiefs until Carl is gone....

exactly....I have spent the last of $600 weekends in KC to watch the Cheifs at Arrowhead until Carl and Herm are gone.

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Herm gets no pass from me either. Herm spent all the time talking and trying to sell the youth movement, yet I don't see it.

It also doesn't help when he's making those stupid remarks about "31 points? Wow, that's not football, that's arena football," or "We have to simplify the offense."

Herm has done a fan-f**king-tastic on Hermcuffing offenses. It's been his style ever since he started at the Jets.

Even that if her had agonizing over the decision, that should have been the easiest decision you should make in your life. You always play the younger player, even when the younger player CLEARLY outperformed the older player in pre-season.
I think their easiest decision was to actually keep Al Saunders on board and keep the offense in tact as best as they could while improving the defense. Saunders doesn't dance to Carl's tune, so Carl easily cast him aside. Saunders and Carl both sucked at evaluating players, though. Saunders, however knows Xs and Os, Carl doesn't appear to. Clash of wits. El Presidente gets final say.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 11:33 AM
From Shaggy Shane:

During the pre-game BS King Carl is out on the fielkd and walks in front of the end zone crowd. One of the fans yell at him "Carl!, Carl!", King Carl turns to look at him and he says "Ray Farmer wants to see you in his office".ROFL

Mile High Mania
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
exactly....I have spent the last of $600 weekends in KC to watch the Chiefs at Arrowhead until Carl and Herm are gone.

$600 weekends, eh... I'm guessing that is hotel for 2 nights ... 2 seats, parking, booze and food?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I join the few who think Herm replacing Carl, may not be a bad idea. Herm so far seems to be better at evaluating talent. Then anybody else in this organization for years

RedThat
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Carl has had nineteen years with the Chiefs. He's the longest-tenured GM in all of PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, including, NHL, NBA, MLB, and the NFL. That's a long time to get a free pass to see little to no success.

Carl's teams haven't won a single playoff game in 14 years, now looking more and more like 15 straight years. I can't think of one team that has had that type of drought and continued to employ the same ass-clown who put a team in that position. I can't think of a team...because...THERE ISN'T ONE. .

Yes there is a team, unfortunately it's the Chiefs. while I agree with everything you say about Carl, I don't think he is the one to blame.

I say that because why blame him? He has a limited role with the organization? If your going to blame someone blame the Hunts for being so loyal to an underachieving GM. Who is responsible for rewarding him with contract extensions? Does ownership serve a limited role with an organization? I think not. Are they responsible for what goes on, and what transpired throughout all the history? Highly! If things are going to change, ownership is where it all starts!! That is really the core of all things.

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 11:59 AM

Exactly.

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 12:01 PM
From Shaggy Shane:

During the pre-game BS King Carl is out on the fielkd and walks in front of the end zone crowd. One of the fans yell at him "Carl!, Carl!", King Carl turns to look at him and he says "Ray Farmer wants to see you in his office".ROFL
ROFL

gblowfish
11-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Dear Mr. Big Chief Fan:

As you know, I have stated in the past without exception I love all true Chiefs fans. I have also stated that true Chiefs Fans are season ticket holders. Allow me to address your concerns one by one:

"There are several threads on the board and not one that calls for accountbility from Carl. This is ridiculous. Carl is the man in charge of this shipwreck and everybody wants to blame the coach."

I believe you are seriously confused. I went to Army, not Navy. So this is not a shipwreck. It's more like the collision of several Humvees.

" The coach wanted Croyle from the start, Carl overrode that decision. You see, Carl has the FINAL SAY in any and all personnel decisions."

Herm and I decided in order to keep Brodie, and more importantly, Kellie, around for the long term, to let him back up Damon Huard this year. This will keep his salary low and keep Kellie in her tight fitting sweaters around the Arrowhead Club for the forseeable future.

" The coach has made some mistakes, that's entirely different thread and after all, who HIRED the coach?"

I hired Herm. I don't regret it. Herm does exactly what I ask him to do.

"Carl has had nineteen years with the Chiefs. He's the longest-tenured GM in all of PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, including, NHL, NBA, MLB, and the NFL. "

Thank you. I appreciate you noticing that. I am the LTGMIPS.

"That's a long time to get a free pass to see little to no success."

The Kansas City Chiefs are among the most succcessful regular season teams in the last 15 years. And have been profitable every year.

"Carl's teams haven't won a single playoff game in 14 years, now looking more and more like 15 straight years. I can't think of one team that has had that type of drought and continued to employ the same ass-clown who put a team in that position."

When you say "Ass Clown" I think you meant to say LTGMIPS. I'll excuse this as a typo.

"I can't think of a team...because...THERE ISN'T ONE. we haven't won since Joe Montana, you know the guy that is already inducted into the NFL HOF and even he was a short-term fix."

I cannot force our players to perform once they reach the big dance. It is up to them. Certainly I cannot be held personally responsible for their failures.

"Carl can never build a complete team. The team is never top 5 in all three facets of the game. NEVER. isn't that the actual goal to build the best team you can, every year?"

I have built a complete team of marketing, sales and public relations professionals unmatched by any other NFL franchise. We are in the top five in those three facets every year.

"Carl hires his cronies and doesn't think outside of the box...Kuharich, Herm, Vermeil, Gunther, the list goes on and on."

I think outside the box often. How else to you explain Bam Morris, Tamarick Vanover and Bobby Sippio? As far as cronies, I am more than willing to hire ANY UCLA grad, regardless of creed, color or religion.

"Carl's drafts are historically mediocre to absolute crap, evidenced by all the free agents he has to amass year in and year out and draftees that are out of the league once released by the Chiefs. Have you ever seen so many 2nd round busts? 2nd rounders should be staples to team's growth, not the case for the Chiefs."

Not true. We have used stealth technology to draft second round talent such as Dave Szott, Jarrod Page and Jared Allen in later rounds, to disguise their talent and make them available in later rounds. Nobody does this better than the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Carl obviously doesn't know talent, in 19 years, he's drafted Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson, Will Shields, and Derrick Thomas-that's 4 superstars in 19 freaking years. That's an average of one every five years. He's also only drafted one HB worth a shit in that time and the juries still out on the QB position."

I would say Jared Allen, Derrick Johnson, John Tait, Dwaine Bowe and Tamba Hali have all been good solid picks.

"Should I list all the boneheaded decisions in the draft? From Trezelle Jenkins to Ryan Sims, you name it, Carl's covered them all."

Trezelle Jenkins was mildly retarded. Ryan Sims had a thyroid problem. What do you want from me?

"Carl's ego gets in the way of rational decisions. That's a foolish premise to stand behind when you want players to actual become part of your organization. You sell the team concept, not the tough SOB crap. Use that mantra for the agents and only the agents.

Say that again and I'll have your legs broken.

"The Chiefs would invigorate the entire organization with a new attitude and a clean slate. Relieving Carl of his duties would go a long way in that department and send a message that mediocre is no longer acceptable."

My contract is up in two years, and my parachute is golden, baby.

"Sorry for the rant, but enough is enough. Carl must go or the Chiefs won't see another penny of my money."

Sorry you feel that way. You are replaceable, because, as you know, a Chiefs fan is born every minute. You are, and continue to be, the best fans in the NFL. Don't forget to renew your 2008 season tickets today.

Your pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Dear Mr. Big Chief Fan:

As you know, I have stated in the past without exception I love all true Chiefs fans. I have also stated that true Chiefs Fans are season ticket holders. Allow me to address your concerns one by one:

"There are several threads on the board and not one that calls for accountbility from Carl. This is ridiculous. Carl is the man in charge of this shipwreck and everybody wants to blame the coach."

I believe you are seriously confused. I went to Army, not Navy. So this is not a shipwreck. It's more like the collision of several Humvees.

" The coach wanted Croyle from the start, Carl overrode that decision. You see, Carl has the FINAL SAY in any and all personnel decisions."

Herm and I decided in order to keep Brodie, and more importantly, Kellie, around for the long term, to let him back up Damon Huard this year. This will keep his salary low and keep Kellie in her tight fitting sweaters around the Arrowhead Club for the forseeable future.

" The coach has made some mistakes, that's entirely different thread and after all, who HIRED the coach?"

I hired Herm. I don't regret it. Herm does exactly what I ask him to do.

"Carl has had nineteen years with the Chiefs. He's the longest-tenured GM in all of PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, including, NHL, NBA, MLB, and the NFL. "

Thank you. I appreciate you noticing that. I am the LTGMIPS.

"That's a long time to get a free pass to see little to no success."

The Kansas City Chiefs are among the most succcessful regular season teams in the last 15 years. And have been profitable every year.

"Carl's teams haven't won a single playoff game in 14 years, now looking more and more like 15 straight years. I can't think of one team that has had that type of drought and continued to employ the same ass-clown who put a team in that position."

When you say "Ass Clown" I think you meant to say LTGMIPS. I'll excuse this as a typo.

"I can't think of a team...because...THERE ISN'T ONE. we haven't won since Joe Montana, you know the guy that is already inducted into the NFL HOF and even he was a short-term fix."

I cannot force our players to perform once they reach the big dance. It is up to them. Certainly I cannot be held personally responsible for their failures.

"Carl can never build a complete team. The team is never top 5 in all three facets of the game. NEVER. isn't that the actual goal to build the best team you can, every year?"

I have built a complete team of marketing, sales and public relations professionals unmatched by any other NFL franchise. We are in the top five in those three facets every year.

"Carl hires his cronies and doesn't think outside of the box...Kuharich, Herm, Vermeil, Gunther, the list goes on and on."

I think outside the box often. How else to you explain Bam Morris, Tamarick Vanover and Bobby Sippio? As far as cronies, I am more than willing to hire ANY UCLA grad, regardless of creed, color or religion.

"Carl's drafts are historically mediocre to absolute crap, evidenced by all the free agents he has to amass year in and year out and draftees that are out of the league once released by the Chiefs. Have you ever seen so many 2nd round busts? 2nd rounders should be staples to team's growth, not the case for the Chiefs."

Not true. We have used stealth technology to draft second round talent such as Dave Szott, Jarrod Page and Jared Allen in later rounds, to disguise their talent and make them available in later rounds. Nobody does this better than the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Carl obviously doesn't know talent, in 19 years, he's drafted Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson, Will Shields, and Derrick Thomas-that's 4 superstars in 19 freaking years. That's an average of one every five years. He's also only drafted one HB worth a shit in that time and the juries still out on the QB position."

I would say Jared Allen, Derrick Johnson, John Tait, Dwaine Bowe and Tamba Hali have all been good solid picks.

"Should I list all the boneheaded decisions in the draft? From Trezelle Jenkins to Ryan Sims, you name it, Carl's covered them all."

Trezelle Jenkins was mildly retarded. Ryan Sims had a thyroid problem. What do you want from me?

"Carl's ego gets in the way of rational decisions. That's a foolish premise to stand behind when you want players to actual become part of your organization. You sell the team concept, not the tough SOB crap. Use that mantra for the agents and only the agents.

Say that again and I'll have your legs broken.

"The Chiefs would invigorate the entire organization with a new attitude and a clean slate. Relieving Carl of his duties would go a long way in that department and send a message that mediocre is no longer acceptable."

My contract is up in two years, and my parachute is golden, baby.

"Sorry for the rant, but enough is enough. Carl must go or the Chiefs won't see another penny of my money."

Sorry you feel that way. You are replaceable, because, as you know, a Chiefs fan is born every minute. You are, and continue to be, the best fans in the NFL. Don't forget to renew your 2008 season tickets today.

Your pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS
Absolutely classic. LMFAO. Props.

NewChief
11-12-2007, 12:35 PM
God I wish I could find the link to that article a few weeks back that did a bunch of number crunching to show how the Chiefs have had unparalleled success under the reign of King Carl.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 12:37 PM
God I wish I could find the link to that article a few weeks back that did a bunch of number crunching to show how the Chiefs have had unparalleled success under the reign of King Carl.

Only the Pittsburgh Steelers do it better!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173353&highlight=Gretz

NewChief
11-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Only the Pittsburgh Steelers do it better!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173353&highlight=Gretz

Yesh! That's the one! ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
11-12-2007, 12:40 PM
$600 weekends, eh... I'm guessing that is hotel for 2 nights ... 2 seats, parking, booze and food?

yup

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Again, Blowfish writes the best parody I've seen in years. I've laughed over and over reading that. Quality, absolute, quality. Your work should be published-it's fantastic.

CoMoChief
11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I've said this I dont know how many times and people on here bitch about it but it's the stone cold truth.

It's all about $$$money$$$.

To have someone around this long makes this situation perceive that it's exactly just that...about money. No other sports franchise front office in their right minds would keep a guy in such a position as Carl as long as the Hunts have unless it benefits them. Once again it comes down to money. The Hunts are business men. They bought the team for $25K and now make roughly $50M profit each season, so whats there not to like? I truly believe that the Hunt's loyalty to Carl is blinded by dollar signs. What Carl is good at is plugging up holes enough to make us competitive in the league and winning games against teams we should win against, while losing terribly against the upper echelon teams in the league, while stealing a few games here and there to make us anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6.

He has done this season after season and it's nothing more than a false sense of security because people still go to the games late into the season because most of the time mathematically we are still in it til the last week of the season. People on here complain about Carl being around too long but in fact it's the fans that fill Arrowhead week after week that keep him on the throne.

What Carl isn't good at is taking risks for the best interest of the team. This includes personnel decisions to drafting. Yes Carl's drafts have been sub par to say the least, but a lot of that is really up to the Head coach. Carl has usually gotten the kind of players the coach wants. As of recent years, we were so god damn terrible at scouting defensive talent during DV years that it wasted one of the greatest offenses this town has ever seen. We had a gem in the later rounds with Jared Allen and a football god mircaled Derrick Johnson to us in the 2005 draft. Other than that the list of defensive busts in that era could be a mile long, and unfortunately it is now too late to make a serious SB push because the offense we once had (mainly the Oline) has been removed, and Herm is stuck with the scrubs left from DV and some mediocre at best (and thats a nice way of putting it too) Olinemen.

This is where Carl messed up. He should have been prepared for this situation. We should have drafted Oline early. But the draft is a woulda coulda shoulda situation. Some teams find gems in the later rounds and quickly become a star in the league such as Brady, Zach Thomas, and now we see it in Jared Allen and the list can go on and on. Some spend 1st round picks on busts, and its just the way the draft works. Someone could be a better pro numbers wise than they were in NCAA and we have all seen great college players that dont amount to shit in the NFL.

The draft is a total crapshoot. But what Carl has messed up on is desperately reaching in the first day. These people have been scouting for a long time and no way should people make these kinds of mistakes. Junior Siavii???? early to mid 4th round. We reached and spent a 2nd on him. He is now nowhere to be found. Eddie Freeman??? Another firs day pick and we didn't even ****in work the guy out. We took him to dinner one night, loved him up, and drafted the SOB. Where is he now? No one knows. It took a few years for Kawika Mitchell to be even remotely respectable in this league. Eric Downing??? I mean this list can go on and on.

I mean it's not all Carl's fault that draft picks don't pan out, because it happens all around the league. I do however blame him for the reaches like Jenkins, Siavii, and Freeman. Not working a guy out and drafting him just pisses me off the more I think about it, and Carl should have put his foot down on that one. But your first day picks MUST contribute to your team immediately with the exception to being a QB in which such position is so important that it might be wise to let the guy learn on the sidelines and in the classroom his first season.

I don't however blame Carl for drafting Sims. at the time Sims was considered to be the best DT in the draft. A lot of people will argue that he played next to Peppers which made him better, I am one of those people that believes that, but you can't always have that idea because I'm more than sure that kinda situation has happened more than once around the league, and has actually panned out for the better of that respected team.

I also blame Carl for patchworking up key positions on the defense during the DV era. It was said that if we improve only this much, our offense will do the rest. I think even defensive players back then relied on the offense to carry them as opposed them wanting to be productive as well. That was the attitude in the locker room. Offense and Defense was separated in the locker room. Signing old and wish wash free agents wasn't gonna do the trick on defense. This was the attitude in the franchise and for that CP is to blame.

Herm has done well with what talent he has to work with. Our Oline is pure garbage, worst that last season's hard to believe. We just need to continue to draft better like we have been. Croyle needs to play, whether people here or the front office likes it or not. If he doesn't then we are at the same ****in place as we were coming into this season. This team is NOT capable of making the playoffs unless the division keeps being shitty like it has been all season thus far. SD looks like they are picking it up a bit, but then they might get destroyed by and inferior team like MIN. Who knows. I dont think we are going to the playoffs this season, but I also think it is time to start building from scratch especially on the offensive side of the ball. Get Croyle a couple years under him, replace Law and Surtain in a couple seasons. Should be good to go as far as a solid, mostly young or in their prime, good football players, similar to what the Chargers have now.

Bump
11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
is there another team out there who has a longer playoff winless streak than us? Cards?

KCinNY
11-12-2007, 07:04 PM
is there another team out there who has a longer playoff winless streak than us? Cards?

Nope...Jake Plummer led the Cardinals to a playoff victory back in '98.

Hurts doesn't it?

Coach
11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Nope...Jake Plummer led the Cardinals to a playoff victory back in '98.

Hurts doesn't it?

I remember that game. It was aganist the Cowboys at Dallas.

shaneo69
11-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Even the pathetic Cubs franchise changes upper management every few years in an attempt to change their fortunes, despite the fact that they'll sell out Wrigley no matter how bad the team is.

Messier
11-12-2007, 08:17 PM
You guys are hilarious. Go ahead protest, don't spend money. That'll show 'em.

HMc
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
the Lions haven't won since 91

banyon
11-12-2007, 08:30 PM
the Lions haven't won since 91

How Matt Millen holds a GM job is an even bigger mystery than Carl.

Brock
11-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Again, Blowfish writes the best parody I've seen in years. I've laughed over and over reading that. Quality, absolute, quality. Your work should be published-it's fantastic.

I agree, but I doubt there's a newspaper in the area with the balls to publish it.

Mecca
11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Cincy, Detroit and Houston that's the only 3..Houston shouldn't really count seeing they haven't been around that long.

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree, but I doubt there's a newspaper in the area with the balls to publish it.
The Planet has got the balls to do it. The Peterson parody is pure comedy.

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Bengals are the only ones who have waited longer without a playoff win than us. Also, maybe the Texans? When did they form?

HMc
11-13-2007, 06:41 AM
two posts up dude

Pushead2
11-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Face it guys we're going to go 4-6 this week.

Thanks Carl, Your the Greatest.....

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 07:15 AM
two posts up dude
I think thats wrong. Detroit got a playoff win since 1994, correct?

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 07:19 AM
The Chiefs have great regular season records and but what about the playoffs? The historical facts about the results on the field can't be denied. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">The fans of KC have sold out every game since the early 90's <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Season Ticket Prices are up over 200% above normal inflation increases during King Carl's rein <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">King Carl has the longest rein in the NFL as GM, 19 years <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Every team in the AFC West (including a former team, the Seahawks) has been to a Super Bowl during King Carl's rein, but us <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Two playoff apperances in 9 out of the last 10 years. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">No playoff wins since 1994 (Average ticket Price = $26.83). Only the Lions and Bengals have waited longer for a NFL playoff win than the Chiefs. Even the Arizona Cardinals have won a playoff game during that time. Average ticket price in 2006 = $72.56 <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">The only AFC team with less playoff wins than the Chiefs since their last Superbowl appearance is the expansion Houston Texans. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">13-3 with home field advantage in the playoffs three times and did nothing but lose their first game. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Since 1996-97 we have not had back to back winning seasons. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">4 Head Coaches during King Carl's reinI know that King Carl is not going anywhere. But when Marty left I felt he was still a good coach but it was time for him to move on. It is time for King Carl to voluntarily move on.

The Record
1989 9-7 (The Marty and King Carl era begins)
1990 11-5 (Lost in the 1st round of the playoffs)
1991 10-6 (Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)
1992 10-6 (Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)
1993 11-5 (Lost in the Divisional round, Montana and Allen era begins)
1994 9-7 (Lost in the AFC championship game. Montana retires)
1995 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round. Bono 3 int’s. 3 missed FG’s)
1996 9-7 (No playoffs)
1997 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round to the Broncos. Allen retires.)
1998 7-9 (No playoffs.Gannon to the Raiders. Marty Era is over)
1999 9-7 (Gunther era begins. Needed to beat Oakland at home in the final game. Up 17-0. Lost)
2000 7-9 (No playoffs. Gunn is fired)
2001 6-10 (No playoffs. DV era begins)
2002 8-8 (No playoffs)
2003 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round. Never forced a punt)
2004 7-9 (No playoffs)
2005 10-6 (No playoffs. DV retires)
2006 9-7 (Herm era begins. Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)

Chiefs under Marty were 104-49
Gun’s Record 16-16
DV’s Record 44-36
Herm’s Record 9-7
Chiefs after Marty are 69-59

King Carl’s regular season record during his rein under 4 different HC and 19 years = 173-135

King Carl’s post season record during his rein under 4 different HC and 19 years = 3-9 (Last playoff win was with Joe Montana at QB 93-94)

Pushead2
11-13-2007, 07:47 AM
The Chiefs have great regular season records and but what about the playoffs? The historical facts about the results on the field can't be denied. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">The fans of KC have sold out every game since the early 90's <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Season Ticket Prices are up over 200% above normal inflation increases during King Carl's rein <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">King Carl has the longest rein in the NFL as GM, 19 years <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Every team in the AFC West (including a former team, the Seahawks) has been to a Super Bowl during King Carl's rein, but us <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Two playoff apperances in 9 out of the last 10 years. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">No playoff wins since 1994 (Average ticket Price = $26.83). Only the Lions and Bengals have waited longer for a NFL playoff win than the Chiefs. Even the Arizona Cardinals have won a playoff game during that time. Average ticket price in 2006 = $72.56 <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">The only AFC team with less playoff wins than the Chiefs since their last Superbowl appearance is the expansion Houston Texans. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">13-3 with home field advantage in the playoffs three times and did nothing but lose their first game. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Since 1996-97 we have not had back to back winning seasons. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">4 Head Coaches during King Carl's reinI know that King Carl is not going anywhere. But when Marty left I felt he was still a good coach but it was time for him to move on. It is time for King Carl to voluntarily move on.

The Record
1989 9-7 (The Marty and King Carl era begins)
1990 11-5 (Lost in the 1st round of the playoffs)
1991 10-6 (Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)
1992 10-6 (Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)
1993 11-5 (Lost in the Divisional round, Montana and Allen era begins)
1994 9-7 (Lost in the AFC championship game. Montana retires)
1995 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round. Bono 3 int’s. 3 missed FG’s)
1996 9-7 (No playoffs)
1997 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round to the Broncos. Allen retires.)
1998 7-9 (No playoffs.Gannon to the Raiders. Marty Era is over)
1999 9-7 (Gunther era begins. Needed to beat Oakland at home in the final game. Up 17-0. Lost)
2000 7-9 (No playoffs. Gunn is fired)
2001 6-10 (No playoffs. DV era begins)
2002 8-8 (No playoffs)
2003 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round. Never forced a punt)
2004 7-9 (No playoffs)
2005 10-6 (No playoffs. DV retires)
2006 9-7 (Herm era begins. Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)

Chiefs under Marty were 104-49
Gun’s Record 16-16
DV’s Record 44-36
Herm’s Record 9-7
Chiefs after Marty are 69-59

King Carl’s regular season record during his rein under 4 different HC and 19 years = 173-135

King Carl’s post season record during his rein under 4 different HC and 19 years = 3-9 (Last playoff win was with Joe Montana at QB 93-94)

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

BigRedChief
11-14-2007, 01:53 PM
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Until 20,000+ season ticket holders feel that way King Carl will remian in power.

Chief Henry
11-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I wish the Season ticket holders and all Chief fans
would boycott Arrowhead for the rest of the season.

DJJasonp
11-14-2007, 03:01 PM
You guys are hilarious. Go ahead protest, don't spend money. That'll show 'em.

Yours truly,

Rufus Dawes

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
The Hard Knocks episode shows nothing other than Carl playing devil's advocate.

BS, He was telling Herm straight out to start Huard

Brock
11-14-2007, 03:09 PM

No, that's not correct at all.

ChiefsCountry
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
I wish the Season ticket holders and all Chief fans
would boycott Arrowhead for the rest of the season.

No offense but I dont want to waste the money I already spent on them.

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
No, that's not correct at all.

:rolleyes:

Pushead2
11-14-2007, 03:17 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BigRedChief
11-14-2007, 04:26 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
12-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Carl really knows the NFL. It's only 15 years without a playoff game. What's the hurry, right, Carl?

Brock
12-23-2007, 12:45 PM

BigChiefFan
12-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Can it get any worse? My God, Grunhard could have coached this team better. My wife could GM better than Carl. Hope you get canned, Carl.

Saulbadguy
12-23-2007, 01:01 PM
By the looks of it, I don't think it would have mattered if Croyle started off the season. I mean, look at him.

BigChiefFan
12-23-2007, 01:21 PM
BS, He was telling Herm straight out to start Huard That's how I saw it, too. Carl pretty much told Edwards that Huard would be the starter.