PDA

View Full Version : Croyle to start Sunday vs. Colts

Chiefs Pantalones
11-12-2007, 06:40 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Damon Huard is out and Brodie Croyle is in as starting quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Coach Herm Edwards said Monday the strong-armed Croyle, who came in for a shaken-up Huard against Denver on Sunday, would start at Indianapolis this week as the Chiefs try to snap a two-game losing streak and revive one of the NFL's weakest offenses.

"You need a spark," Edwards said. "We've been in some contests now where we haven't had the ability to score points. That's part of your job as a quarterback, to put points on the board and move the football team. We've moved at times, but we've also been very inconsistent."

Croyle was 17-for-30 for 162 yards, with one interception, in the 27-11 loss that dropped Kansas City to 4-5.

Huard, an 11-year veteran, was a career backup until he took over for the injured Trent Green last year and played well in eight games. Huard then beat out Croyle in the preseason for the starter's job but has been inconsistent -- before Croyle came in Sunday he had thrown two interceptions and lost a fumble in that game.

"Damon's done a good job helping us win four games. It's never on one guy, obviously," Edwards said. "You need a spark. We've been in some contests now where we haven't had the ability to score points.

"At this point in time, this is a chance for me and this organization to evaluate a young player that we think has a chance to play quarterback. But you don't know until he has an opportunity."

A third-round pick in 2006 out of Alabama, Croyle will be the first quarterback drafted by Kansas City to start a game for the Chiefs since Todd Blackledge, who was drafted in 1983.

Sorry if repost

unothadeal
11-12-2007, 06:46 PM
You better be sorry.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Hmm... wonder if mecca, number7 and whoever else said yesterday and today that Herm would start Huard will provide a humble "I was wrong".

88TG88
11-12-2007, 06:59 PM
print 'em

pikesome
11-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Hmm... wonder if mecca, number7 and whoever else said yesterday and today that Herm would start Huard will provide a humble "I was wrong".

Isn't against the BB policy for anyone to admit wrongness?

FAX
11-12-2007, 07:01 PM

As far as I'm concerned, this is "All Sins Forgiven Day", Mr. DaKCMan AP.

At long last, the Chiefs are starting a quarterback they actually drafted. One with some potential, too. This is a great day in Chiefs history.

Pass the pie.

FAX

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Fantastic, finally! PBJ PBJ PBJ

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 07:17 PM
A third-round pick in 2006 out of Alabama, Croyle will be the first quarterback drafted by Kansas City to start a game for the Chiefs since Todd Blackledge, who was drafted in 1983.

Sorry if repost

Darn, time sure flys. I thought I had them on this, with David Jaynes (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/JaynDa00.htm). I can't believe it was that long ago!

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
too dam late. But better late this year than spending next year finding our what we have.

leviw
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm a Herm defender, mainly because it's little less than a miracle that this team is 4-5 and not 2-7. But damn, man, did it really take you this long into the season to figure this out:

"You need a spark," Edwards said. "We've been in some contests now where we haven't had the ability to score points. That's part of your job as a quarterback, to put points on the board and move the football team. We've moved at times, but we've also been very inconsistent."

RedThat
11-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Im sick of the complaining. Just shutup guys honestly. You bunch of little frickn 5th graders.

Your complaining seems like it just never dies.

When the Chiefs didn't start Croyle, people on here whine and complain at the organization. When he starts now, "It's too late!"

leviw
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Im sick of the complaining. Just shutup guys honestly. You bunch of little frickn 5th graders.

Your complaining seems like it just never dies.

When the Chiefs didn't start Croyle, people on here whine and complain at the organization. When he starts now, "It's too late!"

Then go somewhere else. It's a message board. This is why it's here.

The people who complained because he wasn't starting and the ones who are complaining because it's too late are both right.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Croyle will be the first quarterback drafted by Kansas City to start a game for the Chiefs since Todd Blackledge, who was drafted in 1983.

barry_smilez20
11-12-2007, 07:37 PM
even im excited to hear this and i hate the chiefs

Bugeater
11-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Gee, I wonder why people would think that. I still won't believe it until I see it.

We've been in some contests now where we haven't had the ability to score points.
SOME? You mean like pretty much the ENTIRE ****ING SEASON?