PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that LJ bailed after the 3rd Quarter?

banyon
11-12-2007, 06:46 PM
The mop up crew on 610 was saying this.

Coach
11-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah, he bailed. Whitlock mentioned it on his article.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 06:49 PM
That was probably when Priest was looking pretty good for an old man...

pikesome
11-12-2007, 06:49 PM
He went out for more nachos.

banyon
11-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, he bailed. Whitlock mentioned it on his article.

Wow, that's ZERO class right there.

F*** him. Makes me not care if he is traded or not.

Turley blasting fans, Drummond giving the bird.

Time to take out the garbage.

Demonpenz
11-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Why get stuck in traffic?

evolve27
11-12-2007, 06:53 PM
That's why we drafted Kolby Smith, simply as insurance.

Coach
11-12-2007, 06:55 PM
That's why we drafted Kolby Smith, simply as insurance.

Doesn't mean anything if you're not gonna play him.

88TG88
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
lol, were not trading a guy we just gave 50+ mill to.

JBucc
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Drummond giving the bird.

What the who now?

banyon
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Why get stuck in traffic?

LMAO

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Jesus Christ, what a bunch of vaginas. Who gives a shit if he left?

banyon
11-12-2007, 07:00 PM
What the who now?

See Paragraph 4

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174308

Coach
lol, were not trading a guy we just gave 50+ mill to.

They had chances to do so, especially when his value was at it's highest.

Of course, it is the Chiefs, and they do things the other way that they should be doing.

Hammock Parties
If you guys say one more bad thing about Larry Johnson, he will eat all of your firstborn children. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

evolve27
Doesn't mean anything if you're not gonna play him.

Yeah, this guy needs major PT to see if he can do anything.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
If you guys say one more bad thing about Larry Johnson, he will eat all of your firstborn children. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

If I line up a couple of guys in front of my children they'll be all right.

banyon
11-12-2007, 07:02 PM

I do. It shows a total lack of respect for your teammates who are still out there busting their a** (or at least a few of them).

pikesome

It is a little classless don't you think?

FAX
Classless, whiny, crybaby, egocentric, bad-rappin', childish, racist, selfish bastard.

FAX

Mr. Arrowhead
11-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Why does this really bug people? Priest Holmes dissapeared for 2 years and nobody seemed to care

SBK
11-12-2007, 07:04 PM
LJ commands you to kiss the ring.

banyon
11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Why does this really bug people? Priest Holmes dissapeared for 2 years and nobody seemed to care

I didn't like that either. I thought he should have stuck around and tried to mentor LJ.

But then again maybe LJ was just such a self-obsessed jerk that Priest couldn't deal with that. :shrug:

pikesome
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM

I remember a bunch of caring when it happened. Also a career ending (it was supposed to be anyway) neck injury is a little different category than a swole foot. For the jack Larry got this off-season he could have at least pretended. He hasn't done much else to justify that cash yet.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
It is a little classless don't you think?

No worse than sitting up in the press box yupping it up and eating nachos, then leaving for 2 years without a word. The crowd chanting "PRIEEEEEEEESSSST" yesterday didn't seem to care about that, though.

I guess all the fans who left the game early yesterday are classless too.

FAX
11-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Bitch slappin', diaper wearin', bling-totin', slow-movin', hole-missin', media whore.

FAX

pikesome
11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
No worse than sitting up in the press box yupping it up and eating nachos, then leaving for 2 years without a word. The crowd chanting "PRIEEEEEEEESSSST" yesterday didn't seem to care about that, though.

It's a bit different, not a lot, but some. As to the crowd, of course they were chanting for Priest, he was the greatest RB the Chiefs have had for quite a while and he was filling in for a disappointing, less than personable, RB on a team with a cover-your-eyes bad O.

banyon
11-12-2007, 07:12 PM

You don't think there is a difference between fans sticking around and teammates sticking around?

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 07:14 PM
You don't think there is a difference between fans sticking around and teammates sticking around?

Of course there is. However, I don't see how either has any effect on the game. The players are all professionals. They don't need LJ there to do their job.

Ultra Peanut
11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
He went out for more nachos.goin wit dis

pikesome
11-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Pay me 40 bajillion dollars and I'd sit on the pine in a Tutu. If I'm paying to watch the crap last weekend, I think it's all right to do with that seat what I will. I wasn't at this game anyway, limited budget meats Huard-led team, I stayed home.

banyon
11-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Of course there is. However, I don't see how either has any effect on the game. The players are all professionals. They don't need LJ there to do their job.

They're professionals, but not robots. What kind of message do you think that sends to his teammates? "If the chips are down, I don't give a f***, I'm too good to suffer through this with you guys."

Do you think Will Shields or Trent Green would have done that? Those guys had character, LJ seems to be lacking after pulling too many stunts like this. It's not like this was an isolated thing, it's clearly a pattern.

Bob Dole
11-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Bob Dole would bet LJ isn't the only person on the roster who wanted to get as far away from that shitty performance as quickly as possible.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 07:21 PM
They're professionals, but not robots. What kind of message do you think that sends to his teammates? "If the chips are down, I don't give a f***, I'm too good to suffer through this with you guys."

Do you think Will Shields or Trent Green would have done that? Those guys had character, LJ seems to be lacking after pulling too many stunts like this. It's not like this was an isolated thing, it's clearly a pattern.

You'd be hard pressed to find guys in the NFL with more character than Will Shields or Trent Green. I just don't see the big deal. It seems fans are the only ones who get pissed about this shit.

Randy Moss walked off the field early during a game in which he was playing in while with the Raiders. Do you think the Patriots players don't want him on their team?

Speaking of character, Bill Belicheck is probably the biggest sleaze bag prick in the NFL but I'm willing to bet that 99.9999999% of Chiefs fans would kill to have him as our HC.

Phobia
11-12-2007, 07:22 PM

The thing is; the Chiefs KNEW this before they rolled an armored truck up to his stoop. They could have traded him. Everybody in America except for the Chiefs knew this was a rebuilding program. Why not maximize your ROA at the peak value? Stupid move. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. This franchise is going to be paying for LJ 2 years after he's traded his cleats for a microphone.

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 07:24 PM
I do. It shows a total lack of respect for your teammates who are still out there busting their a** (or at least a few of them).

Exactly, you would have never seen that on a DV team. We now have a lot of individuals instead of a team.

banyon
11-12-2007, 07:24 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find guys in the NFL with more character than Will Shields or Trent Green. I just don't see the big deal. It seems fans are the only ones who get pissed about this shit.

Randy Moss walked off the field early during a game in which he was playing in while with the Raiders. Do you think the Patriots players don't want him on their team?

Speaking of character, Bill Belicheck is probably the biggest sleaze bag prick in the NFL but I'm willing to bet that 99.9999999% of Chiefs fans would kill to have him as our HC.

The Raiders didn't. Like LJ, Moss is a guy that is fine when things are going well. When things get tough, he quits. You can't afford to have too many players like that on your team. This team sucks, so we can afford very few of those players if we want to improve.

And yes, Bellicheck is a douche. But it's not as if LJ is readying his finger for a 4th SB ring so that we should forgive his indiscretions.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
We now have a lot of individuals instead of a team.

That is the biggest load of bullshit anyone has ever spewed about a Herm Edwards team.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
The mop up crew on 610 was saying this.

It is true that Jason Fatlock reported this.

I have yet to hear it confirmed by any "independent" witnesses.

stevieray
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM

that speaks as much about our character as it does his...

pretty sad when you think about it.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
The Raiders didn't. Like LJ, Moss is a guy that is fine when things are going well. When things get tough, he quits. You can't afford to have too many players like that on your team. This team sucks, so we can afford very few of those players if we want to improve.

Unlike Moss, LJ didn't quit. He was inactive and in street clothes. There are much bigger things to get pissed off about with this team than if a player who's injured and not playing is standing on the sideline.

Phobia
11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
It is true that Jason Fatlock reported this.

I have yet to hear it confirmed by any "independent" witnesses.

Who else is going to confront that issue head on? We may not like Jason Whitlock but it's not as though he fabricates facts.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 07:32 PM
There are much bigger things to get pissed off about with this team than if a player who's injured and not playing is standing on the sideline.

On this, 100% agreement. Although bitching about things we can't control is what fans do. It's what we bring, besides money, to the equation.

Mr. Laz
11-12-2007, 07:35 PM
what would he know about class .... he's a florida fan.

Ebolapox
sh*t, *I* left after the third quarter (took the woman to ha ha tonka state park, then out to eat)

fugg this team. seriously, I'm sick of being molested like I'm a five year old boy in michael jackson's house.

banyon
Unlike Moss, LJ didn't quit. He was inactive and in street clothes. There are much bigger things to get pissed off about with this team than if a player who's injured and not playing is standing on the sideline.

LJ didn't quit? It looked that way to me in a couple of our more pathetic running games this year.

I think if LJ would have been healthy last game, he probably would've wound up with maybe 10-15 more yards than Holmes. He would've broken a couple of long runs, and then had a collection of 1 to 2 yard losses.

Priest doesn't have the legs anymore, but it doesn't look like he's mailing it in out there either.

I hope LJ turns it around, attitude and stats. As Phobia pointed out, we paid him a ton of $, so he may as well succeed for us.

stevieray
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM

sideline? he left the stadium during the damn game....that screams indifference.

...total opposite of running from Carl's office to the practice field for the HBO cameras...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Who else is going to confront that issue head on? We may not like Jason Whitlock but it's not as though he fabricates facts.

I trust Fatlock and his "facts" about as far as I could throw him.

I think he'd say damn near anything if it could get into print or get him ratings. Hurst would have made him the highest paid reporter back in the days of Yellow Journalism.

But, that's me.

If he said the sky was blue, I'd have to go outside to check.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 07:39 PM
what would he know about class .... he's a florida fan.

I know more about class than you do about winning Championships. :p

banyon
11-12-2007, 07:40 PM

:) We Shall see! :KU: :KU: :KU:

Mr. Laz
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
that's not saying a whole lot :sulk:

OctoberFart
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Larry had a Jay-Z concert to get to. What do you guys expect he has his priorities in line.

Halfcan
11-12-2007, 08:41 PM
LJ had to leave early-he had a nappy headed Ho to pistol whip.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Come on guys....big deal.

Some of you guys get worked up over nothing. Look how many fans bailed after the 3rd Q.

LJ probably just had a few more hoes to go bang.

the Talking Can
11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Huard quit and LJ bailed.

solid

StcChief
11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
he couldn't risk getting the Maybach banged up....

Halfcan
11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I never understood fans leaving at half.

Phobia
11-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I once left a preseason game at the half. I stayed far too long.

Halfcan
11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I once left a preseason game at the half. I stayed far too long.

And you call yourself a true fan?? :)

I was talking more like-when the game is close and people still leave a quarter early. :banghead:

kcxiv
11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I dont have a problem with LJ leaving as he was in street clothes. To me, thats no big deal at all. Huard quiting like he did yesterday i have a problem with. He looked like an over the hill boxer out there. He was out there, but he just wasnt into it. In the end he got his ass handed to him because of it.

wazu
11-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I find it interesting that suckers like myself who spent hundreds of dollars to watch that pathetic game stood and endured it while the guy who gets paid millions each week wasn't even interested enough to stay around and watch it from the best seat in the house.

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
It may not be a big deal to some but personally I see it as a message sent,a message that simply says I don't give a fock.

Note to LJ,hope you were watching the interview with Mack Strong on MNF tonight who retired in October due to injury and yet was on the sideline in street clothes because he wanted to be close to the game and his teammates.

Zouk
11-12-2007, 11:38 PM
It may not be a big deal to some but personally I see it as a message sent,a message that simply says I don't give a fock.

Note to LJ,hope you were watching the interview with Mack Strong on MNF tonight who retired in October due to injury and yet was on the sideline in street clothes because he wanted to be close to the game and his teammates.

If it's verified as true, I see it as a huge deal. Why did we lock ourselves down long term with this over-rated one dimensional malcontent?

Dylan
11-12-2007, 11:40 PM
If Jason Whitlock was a real journalist, he would be fighting for the publics right to know. There is a clause in the Collective Bargaining Agreement any injured player may be required to undergo medical treatment and quarterbacks may be required to attend coaches meetings.

Alas, Whitlock's writing makes him unhappy unless he's feeding the readers fireworks. I think it's real simple for him to say, "Kansas City’s highest-paid player limped out the front door of Arrowhead Stadium to his $450,000 Maybach 62 and chauffer (small furnace)" and get an amount of support from his base.

Even if Whitlock claims to believe it, how can I, if he's not abiding by the rules of reporting the game? Unless Whitlock has a clear view from the pressbox to the parking lot, the only thing taking a harder hit that his 'Maybach 62 with the small furnace' is his credibility.

He is entitled to have and express whatever opinions he has, but his excessive hatred for L.J plays into the hands of his peers who dislike the most.

J/M/O

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM

I did it once at Arrowhead at a game like 10 years ago. It was late December, it was raining ice, cold, miserable etc..

The Chiefs had the game in bag, so we split, went home and watched the rest of the game in front of the TV.

Nzoner
11-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I did it once at Arrowhead at a game like 10 years ago. It was late December, it was raining ice, cold, miserable etc..

The Chiefs had the game in bag, so we split, went home and watched the rest of the game in front of the TV.

pussy :D

jidar
11-12-2007, 11:56 PM
It's classless.
My kids have been in youth sports for years and even they know that you support your team. There is no leaving early for any reason.

ClevelandBronco
11-13-2007, 12:14 AM
...Speaking of character, Bill Belicheck is probably the biggest sleaze bag prick in the NFL but I'm willing to bet that 99.9999999% of Chiefs fans would kill to have him as our HC.

Belicheck is the guy who really plays to win. He lays the offseason to win. He plays his personnel decisions to win. He plays the season to win. He plays his team to win. He plays each player to win.

He made his bones coming out of a Super Bowl that he had no business winning.

The guy understands modern football like no one else.

He's no sleaze bag, but he's a prick just as Patton was a prick. He's a prick that wins. I can't overestimate how we'll look back on him.

ClevelandBronco
11-13-2007, 12:16 AM

To tell you the truth, I've never understood leaving before the end.

I'll turn off the TV, but when I'm at the stadium, I'm there to stay and scream.

pikesome
11-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Belicheck is the guy who really plays to win. He lays the offseason to win. He plays his personnel decisions to win. He plays the season to win. He plays his team to win. He plays each player to win.

He made his bones coming out of a Super Bowl that he had no business winning.

The guy understands modern football like no one else.

He's no sleaze bag, but he's a prick just as Patton was a prick. He's a prick that wins. I can't overestimate how we'll look back on him.

I don't know, regardless of how much filming went on, he was cheating and had been told it was cheating and to quit and kept at it. His relationship to Man-Slightly Retarded hasn't been the kind of thing a good person does (although Mangino ain't smelling of roses either) and childish. Or, if we're talking about personal worth, the whole cheating with someone else's wife deal fits the sleazy label pretty good. He's a pretty good coach, no argument, but he's definitely a sleazebag.

blueballs
11-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Priest stayed away because it was LJ's team and LJ didn't want him around
Right now it's Priest's team again -if only for a few games
If LJ went into that lockerroom he would have been the center of attention -only the players should know or care

KCJohnny
11-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Vince Lombardi was a Catholic that brought his faith to the game.

His counsel was stop snivelling, hit hard and excel at the fundamentals. KC needs Lombardi values right now.

Tattooed media darlings rarely win championships.

ClevelandBronco
11-13-2007, 12:39 AM
...the whole cheating with someone else's wife deal fits the sleazy label pretty good...

I've never heard about that. I don't read People magazine, or whatever is the sports equivalent of that publication.

That would make me back off of my statement though, if it's true.

He's a pretty good coach, no argument, but he's definitely a sleazebag.

He's a great coach. He's Halas. He's Paul Brown. He's Lombardi.

It appears that I don't know enough about his personal life to tell whether he's a sleazebag outside of football.

pikesome
11-13-2007, 12:44 AM
I've never heard about that. I don't read People magazine, or whatever is the sports equivalent of that publication.

That would make me back off of my statement though, if it's true.

He's a great coach. He's Halas. He's Paul Brown. He's Lombardi.

It appears that I don't know enough about his personal life to tell whether he's a sleazebag outside of football.

I'm not 100% on details, but there was a nasty divorce where Bill was porking some guys wife and he filed for divorce. Bill sent her gifts and the like, it wasn't a "I love you Bill, lets be together forever" deal. More like gifts and ass. It sounded like Bill had chased her and kept up the pressure when the husband tried to make her break it up. Unseemly at best.

ClevelandBronco
11-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm not 100% on details, but there was a nasty divorce where Bill was porking some guys wife and he filed for divorce. Bill sent her gifts and the like, it wasn't a "I love you Bill, lets be together forever" deal. More like gifts and ass. It sounded like Bill had chased her and kept up the pressure when the husband tried to make her break it up. Unseemly at best.

Damn. One girl (Coach B.), nine girls (Travis Henry), it hardly matters anymore.

I'm growing increasing tired of finding new reasons to disrespect the people involved with this game.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2007, 01:18 AM

I concur, he was just pissed that he couldn't go in. It's obvious the man is competitive to a fault

HMc
11-13-2007, 02:55 AM
if he wants to be paid for the whole game he should sit there and support his teammates for the whole game.

the media would slaughter someone here for doing that

Mecca
11-13-2007, 03:40 AM
They had chances to do so, especially when his value was at it's highest.

Of course, it is the Chiefs, and they do things the other way that they should be doing.

Some of us said this 9 months ago and a good 85% of this board flipped that we would dare want to get rid of LJ.

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Bitch slappin', diaper wearin', bling-totin', slow-movin', hole-missin', media whore.

FAX
You forgot nappy haired :harumph:

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Vince Lombardi was a Catholic that brought his faith to the game.

His counsel was stop snivelling, hit hard and excel at the fundamentals. KC needs Lombardi values right now.

Tattooed media darlings rarely win championships.Lambardi would not be a successful coach in the present day NFL employing the same techniques he did in the 60's. Water is for pussy's wouldn't fly.

DaKCMan AP
11-13-2007, 06:11 AM

As was mentioned, the sleaze label came from the ****ing of another guy's wife, the nasty divorce, etc.

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 06:25 AM
As was mentioned, the sleaze label came from the ****ing of another guy's wife, the nasty divorce, etc.
Yeah, fuc#$ng another man's wife is almost as bad as killing dogs.

Sully
11-13-2007, 07:57 AM
First off, let me say that I don't think this is that huge of a deal. Him sitting and watching the team from a suite or not has absolutely no impact on the cohesiveness of the team, IMO. They are battling, and even if he were to show up after the game in the lockerroom, I doubt they'd take much notice of it, as alienated as he is anyway. It's not like he was running around on the sideline helping guys out and then bailed.

However, this is a great illustration of why I have no problem when fans use the term "we" when talking about their team. It is obvious, and it always has been that fans, in many cases, are far more invested in the team than the players. I for one, and many sitting in that stadium stayed till the very bitter end. I will never leave a game early, no matter if we are getting blown out, or whatever... and I know many out there, or even at home in front of a TV that feel the same. So this story, as I said, is just a further illustration of why I think it's okay for fans to use the first person when talking about the team.

EyePod
11-13-2007, 08:01 AM
NO one else stopped watching the game after the 3rd quarter? I got really pissed and just turned that shit off....