PDA

View Full Version : In light of the rumor of Carl getting canned...

Direckshun
11-14-2007, 08:52 PM
There is a bit of excitement stemming from the possibility that Herm can do more of what he wants, and that's get as much young talent on the field as possible.

Part of the reason I *believe* this team continues to struggle is the fundamental differences between Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson. I need not enumerate them, we all know what I'm talking about.

But someone fill me in.

This team needs a major overhaul this offseason. Does getting a new GM enable that to take place easier, or does a new GM obstruct that process?

Thig Lyfe
11-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Definitely easier. Just about anybody would be better than Carl.

Bump
11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
what would we do if Carl said "f*ck it" and decided to fire Herm and try to coach as well as GM.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Hopefully Whitlock is all over this.

RJ
11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
I can't help but think that CP doesn't have the best reputation or relationships among agents. That seems detrimental to rebuilding a team.

KrazyKorean4
11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Carl hasn't done a terrible job. The only real thing that bothers me about him is that he hasn't focused on the quarterback situation at all since he's been a part of the Chiefs organization. He's relied on trades and negotiations to get veteran quarterbacks since the 80s.

Rasputin
11-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Carl Peterson = NO SUPER BOWL 18 years....

Fire Carl Peterson = NEW HOPE TO ACHIEVE SUPER BOWL....

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!

SBK
11-14-2007, 09:22 PM
I can't help but think that CP doesn't have the best reputation or relationships among agents. That seems detrimental to rebuilding a team.

I have a buddy that is an agent and he's always bustin me over the Chiefs. Everytime we talk football "you know, your GM is the hardest to deal with in the entire league..."

:)

splatbass
11-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Definitely easier. Just about anybody would be better than Carl.

Everybody says that, but CP is well respected around the league. If he gets fired he will have another job very quickly.

I'm not defending him, but he isn't the worst GM in the league by a long shot. Would you rather have Millen? How many years of total suckage did they go through before finally fielding a semi-respectable team this year? How about the guy in SD who fired Marty after going 14-2 so he could hire Norv Turner? At least CP has never done anything that stupid. How about the guy in Phoenix? They can't get it together even with a yearly high draft pick. How about Al Davis? Do you think he would be better? Maybe they could get Jack Steadman back, or are you to young too remember his reign of suckage?

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

I wouldn't mind them firing CP, but only if they can get someone better. To say that almost anyone would be better is just ridiculous.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
ROFL

Carl isn't going anywhere.

Otter
11-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I wonder if we could use the old mother in law trick on Carl and dress him up as a deer during hunting season and take him into the woods.

milkman
11-14-2007, 10:38 PM
How about the guy in SD who fired Marty after going 14-2 so he could hire Norv Turner?

I'd rather have AJ Smith than Carl.

He wasn't allowed to fire Marty until after all the top candidates were already hired elsewhere, and the Chargers' top assistents were gone.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't can Turner after the season (or possibly during the season) and then goes out and hires a hot young HC prospect.

If Carl were in the same position, he would take at least two years to correct his mistake.

And that would only be if he could hire one of his buddies.

splatbass
11-14-2007, 10:50 PM
I'd rather have AJ Smith than Carl.

He wasn't allowed to fire Marty until after all the top candidates were already hired elsewhere, and the Chargers' top assistents were gone.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't can Turner after the season (or possibly during the season) and then goes out and hires a hot young HC prospect.

If Carl were in the same position, he would take at least two years to correct his mistake.

And that would only be if he could hire one of his buddies.

Firing Marty was a stupid thing no matter how you spin it.

milkman
11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Firing Marty was a stupid thing no matter how you spin it.

Firing Marty was a smart thing.

Marty sucks ass, has always sucked ass, and will always suck ass.

pikesome
11-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Firing Marty was a smart thing.

Marty sucks ass, has always sucked ass, and will always suck ass.

Unless you replace him with Norv Turner.

pikesome
11-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Rumor of Carl getting fired? Where? When? What?

Nevermind, found it.

milkman
11-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Unless you replace him with Norv Turner.

OK, I'll give you that.

Mecca
11-15-2007, 12:01 AM
If you wouldn't take AJ Smith over Carl you have issues.....Smith is a top 5 GM in the league.

splatbass
11-15-2007, 06:02 AM
If you wouldn't take AJ Smith over Carl you have issues.....Smith is a top 5 GM in the league.

That settles it, if Mecca says it it has to be wrong.

A top 5 GM doesn't go 14-2, fire his head coach, and hire a replacement that has a long record of failure as head coach. He didn't get along with Marty, so he let his personal feelings influence his decision. A good GM doesn't do that.

Basileus777
11-15-2007, 07:17 AM

In terms of evaluating talent yes, but AJ Smith's ego is a problem. The Marty situation is proof of this. Same with ditching Brees for Rivers.