PDA

View Full Version : College Game Day & National TV for MU vs KU

KChiefs1
11-15-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/story/361650.html

MU-KU game
This will come as no big shock, but word has it that if both Kansas and Missouri win Saturday,
the following week’s game at Arrowhead will definitely be at 7 p.m. and thus get the full national broadcast.

Also, we hear ESPN likely will head to Arrowhead for its “College Game Day” before the KU-MU game.

DaKCMan AP
11-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Would this be the first time for either school to get College Game Day?

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Would this be the first time for either school to get College Game Day?no they come to lawrence every year

for basketball anyway

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Why is this game being played in Arrowhead, anyway?

DaKCMan AP
11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Would this be the first time for either school to get College Game Day?

Ah, checking this will be Kansas' first and Missouri's second (their first being earlier this season at OU).

DaKCMan AP
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
no they come to lawrence every year

for basketball anyway

That doesn't count. :p

HolmeZz
11-15-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm pretty ticked they're not doing GameDay at Yale/Harvard this week. I wanna be on TV. :(

sd4chiefs
11-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Why is this game being played in Arrowhead, anyway?

So the scalpers can have more tickets to scalp.

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Why is this game being played in Arrowhead, anyway?so both schools can make more money every year instead of just every other year

DJay23
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
The game at Arrowhead has been deliberated for years now and they finally decided to do it before the season. KU gave up their home game this year and I'm assuming Mizzou will next year or in the very near future. If not, that was dumb of KU to give up a home game like that, especially seeing how big it will be in hindsight.

chiefsfan987
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/story/361650.html

MU-KU game
This will come as no big shock, but word has it that if both Kansas and Missouri win Saturday,
the following week’s game at Arrowhead will definitely be at 7 p.m. and thus get the full national broadcast.

Also, we hear ESPN likely will head to Arrowhead for its “College Game Day” before the KU-MU game.

I'll believe it when I see it. If both teams win and its on ABC I'm sure us west coasters will get UCLA vs. Oregon instead.

Frazod
11-15-2007, 07:10 PM
The game at Arrowhead has been deliberated for years now and they finally decided to do it before the season. KU gave up their home game this year and I'm assuming Mizzou will next year or in the very near future. If not, that was dumb of KU to give up a home game like that, especially seeing how big it will be in hindsight.

It's a two year deal - next year's game will be the same deal, only it will count as Missouri's home game.

But you're right - it wasn't terribly smart on KU's part. :evil:

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
It's a two year deal - next year's game will be the same deal, only it will count as Missouri's home game.

But you're right - it wasn't terribly smart on KU's part. :evil:who's that in your av? thank god i don't have to look at that ugly ass one you had before

Frazod
11-15-2007, 07:16 PM
who's that in your av? thank god i don't have to look at that ugly ass one you had before

It's Quantrill.

You sure you don't want me to go back to the Mizzou logo? :fire:

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2007, 07:25 PM
It's Quantrill.

You sure you don't want me to go back to the Mizzou logo? :fire:
like i give a shit what happened in the 1800's

alanm
11-15-2007, 07:29 PM
like i give a shit what happened in the 1800's
You should. Those fine Missouri boys burnt Lawrence to the ground. ;)